PDA

View Full Version : You Know, Al Gore's Right...Wait! What?

Hobbit
05-30-2007, 12:34 AM
Al Gore has pointed out that we are losing the power of our Republic by our constant obsession with celebrity gossip...and he's very right.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20070525/en_afp/uspoliticsgoremedia_070525210259

nevadamedic
05-30-2007, 01:19 AM
Al Gore has pointed out that we are losing the power of our Republic by our constant obsession with celebrity gossip...and he's very right.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20070525/en_afp/uspoliticsgoremedia_070525210259

I agree, but he uses celebrity gossip to his advantage. I also saw on Inside Edition and MSNBC Investigates that some cleberties have deals with the paparizzi to give them more publicity. Like if they promise not to shoot thm doing certain things they will give them thier schedule for a day or something like that. So you have to blame the celeberties as well.

DragonStryk72
05-30-2007, 01:35 AM
He is correct, this is why I've stepped away from stations like E!, because I really don't give a good god damn about about whether or not Britney Spears has hair or not, I mean, that's really something for her boyfriend to have a problem with, not the entirety of the US. I mean, really, there are at least magazines that deal just with celb gossip, we are a nation obsessed, and it does need to stop, so that we can all look at the things that need doing.

nevadamedic
05-30-2007, 01:40 AM
He is correct, this is why I've stepped away from stations like E!, because I really don't give a good god damn about about whether or not Britney Spears has hair or not, I mean, that's really something for her boyfriend to have a problem with, not the entirety of the US. I mean, really, there are at least magazines that deal just with celb gossip, we are a nation obsessed, and it does need to stop, so that we can all look at the things that need doing.

The problem is that it's never gonna stop.

DragonStryk72
05-30-2007, 01:46 AM
not until something happens here that snaps people out of their malaise. I think the first step in that would be if one of these Dems or Rebs who have suddenly stepped out and said something against the party line would stick to it. For instance, John McCain's "Our troops lives are being wasted" comment would have stirred up a hell of a controversy, given that he's a vet, and former POW, he has the right to say that, but instead, he backed down. Even Jimmy Carter got up and said something, and again, backed down.

If our leaders would just get up and lead, then we would have something else to focus our attention on.

nevadamedic
05-30-2007, 01:49 AM
not until somessthing happens here that snaps people out of their malaise. I think the first step in that would be if one of these Dems or Rebs who have suddenly stepped out and said something against the party line would stick to it. For instance, John McCain's "Our troops lives are being wasted" comment would have stirred up a hell of a controversy, given that he's a vet, and former POW, he has the right to say that, but instead, he backed down. Even Jimmy Carter got up and said something, and again, backed down.

If our leaders would just get up and lead, then we would have something else to focus our attention on.

That wont help, people will still watch things about the stars personal lives.

DragonStryk72
05-30-2007, 02:00 AM
I think you underestimate the american people. We were fairly good about getting involved up until just recently, really. We stepped up in WWI, WWII, Korea, McCarthyism, Vietnam, and even Desert Storm. The apathy we have now, only seems to have crept in in the last ten years.