PDA

View Full Version : If you really want to learn about climate science

Robert A Whit
02-12-2013, 06:55 PM
I can't post the article since it is in PDF format.

But if you actually DO want to learn about climate science, follow this link.

Be patient. It is in your terms. You will understand it. But only if you read it will you get it.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02148/RSL-HouseOfCommons_2148505a.pdf

Robert A Whit
02-12-2013, 08:08 PM
I went back to read his case again. To me it is very clear.

Was it clear to you?

Do you NOW understand why you should not run around blaming man for warming?

If you still blame man, go back and read it again. This time slower.

Drummond
02-12-2013, 08:43 PM
This appeared in Tuesday's Daily Mail (... several pages inside the newspaper ..) ...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2276888/BBC-climbdown-climate-change-claims-David-Attenboroughs-Africa.html

The BBC has been forced into an embarrassing climbdown over climate change claims made in Sir David Attenborough's groundbreaking Africa series.

In the last episode of the series, entitled 'Future', Sir David discussed the challenges facing the region.

Speaking over footage of Mount Kilimanjaro, Sir David made the assertion that 'some parts of the continent have become 3.5C hotter in the past 20 years'.

However, figures from the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change show that since 1850 global temperatures have risen by 0.76C, causing widespread concern among viewers.

The comment, first broadcast in the final episode of the Africa series last Wednesday, was removed from Sunday night’s repeat of the show.

A BBC spokesman said: 'There is widespread acknowledgement within the scientific community that the climate of Africa has been changing as stated in the programme.

'We accept the evidence for 3.5 degrees increase is disputable and the commentary should have reflected that.

'Therefore that line has been removed from Sunday's repeat and the iPlayer version replaced.'

Many took to Twitter to dispute the fact, asking where the data came from.

The BBC initially defended the claim, saying it was taken from a report by Oxfam and the New Economics Foundation, but in turn this report suggested the figure had come from a report by Christian Aid.