PDA

View Full Version : Scanner transcripts: LAPD cops burned down cabin with Dorner in it - and should have.

Little-Acorn
02-13-2013, 02:49 PM
Couple things I'm not clear on.

1.) Is this true? Sometimes things on "infowars.com" aren't.

2.) I had heard that all scanners were shut down at some point during this firefight, and that everyone except police were moved WAY back, like five miles away from the cabin Dorner was in. If so, how do we know these things were being said? How long is the range on a scanner, particular in a wooded area? Are there extended-range scanners?

3.) Does anybody have any audio files, on Youtube or wherever, of these things actually being said?

That said, I'm not as incensed as I could have been over this. Dorner may have indeed had a grievance. But he then murdered a cop, and not in self-defense. AND THEN HE WENT AFTER THE COP'S FAMILY, AND KILLED SOME OF THEM TOO, INCLUDING A DAUGHTER.

To me that takes out any "grievance" he might have had. One he did that, he was nothing but a mad dog, a HUGE uncontrollable threat to anyone around him, and deserved only to be shot down at the earliest opportunity. And if he refused to surrender and made it difficult to even shoot him down (as he did), then burning down the house he's in, is a legitimate move. It is the police's job to protect the public, and to remove HUGE, UNCONTROLLABLE threats, using WHATEVER means they have to.

But we live in a society today that kicks five-year-olds out of school for forming their fingers into little "guns" and saying "Pow". Such a society is unlikely to praise the police for burning down the house with Dorner in it. I can hear the "Judge, jury, and executioner" screams coming now. From people who would not object to those same police shooting a German Shepard that was staggering down the street, snapping at anyone and anything he saw, with wild eyes and foam dripping from his mouth (an actual mad dog). When Dorner went after the murdered cop's FAMILY, he became no better than that rabid German Shepard, by his own doing, and deserved no more consideration.

Well done, LAPD. What you did was horrible... but it was the right thing to do in this case. You had to take out this HUGE threat right away, before darkness fell and this highly-trained guy got a chance to slip away, and you were left with no other possible way to do it.

--------------------------------------------------

http://www.infowars.com/lapd-audio-from-dorner-siege-burn-this-motherfucker/

Police Audio From Dorner Siege: “Burn This Motherfucker”

“Alright, we’re gonna go ahead with the plan with the burners”

Paul Joseph Watson
Infowars.com
February 13, 2013

Police audio from the Christopher Dorner siege reveals a deliberate plan to burn down the cabin in which Dorner was trapped, with one officer heard to say, “fucking burn this motherfucker,” before police discussed their intention to, “go ahead with the plan with the burners.”

The audio was captured on police scanners as well as being picked up by a local news broadcast. More than seven agencies, federal, state and local were involved in the final hours of the siege. The LAPD SWAT Team was airlifted in to carry out the final raid, with reports later confirming, “the SWAT team had the cabin surrounded.” San Bernardino County sheriff’s deputies were also involved in the standoff. The video above is from captured police scanner transmissions which were broadcast online shortly before authorities ordered them to be disabled.

“Alright, we’re gonna go ahead with the plan with the burners,” one officer says.

“Copy,” replies another.

“Like we talked about,” the first officer responds.

“The burners are deployed, and we have a fire,” says another officer moments later, before the police dispatcher repeats the statement.

Within minutes of the fire starting, police note that the cabin is “starting to collapse.”

Police are also heard discussing if they are ready to “bring fire”.

“Burners” is police slang for tear gas canisters, which are known to cause fires.

In a separate clip carried by a local news channel, police are heard to say, “Fucking burn this motherfucker,” and “burn that fucking house down.” This audio appears to be from earlier in the siege following the initial shootout between Dorner and cops.

In another audio clip broadcast by CBS Los Angeles, police are heard saying, “get the gas, burn it down,” clearly indicating cops knew use of tear gas would set the cabin on fire.

jimnyc
02-13-2013, 02:59 PM
From what I've read thus far, which is a lot, but admittedly I'm not privy to inside info, it sure sounded to me like they planned on burning him in there or have him run out and nail him.

glockmail
02-13-2013, 03:00 PM
I saw a youtube this morning which was a local news channel that had the scanner on. Yeah they burned him out but with a tear gas canister. It probably ignited some trash or ammo in the cabin. Dude could have got out if he wanted to as a fire like that doesn't start instantaneously. And I heard it was San Bernadino police not LAPD.

jimnyc
02-13-2013, 03:11 PM
From all accounts I've read, I'm betting he offed himself with a gun as the fire broke out.

aboutime
02-13-2013, 03:25 PM
The MADMAN is Dead. Long Live the MADMAN!

No more killing from him. No more fan clubs being Stupid, cheering him on.

Go to his funeral...the Landfill needs more ashes.

gabosaurus
02-13-2013, 05:47 PM
Excellent. Dorner deserved to die an excruciating death.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2013/02/dorner-manhunt-highly-incendiary-hot-gas-used-on-cabin.html

DragonStryk72
02-13-2013, 06:03 PM
so... lynch mobs are justice now? their duty as the police officers was to bring him in alive for justice, not to use lynch mob tactics. if we're gonna go that route why have cops at all?

was the man horrible? yes, but why is it not possible for us to retain OUR humanity? This is when the caliber of your morals are tested, when nobody would blame you for going against them, and this time, they failed that test.

these sorts of actions not be lauded, no matter how happy we might be to get a killer off the streets.

jimnyc
02-13-2013, 06:05 PM
so... lynch mobs are justice now? their duty as the police officers was to bring him in alive for justice, not to use lynch mob tactics. if we're gonna go that route why have cops at all?

was the man horrible? yes, but why is it not possible for us to retain OUR humanity? This is when the caliber of your morals are tested, when nobody would blame you for going against them, and this time, they failed that test.

these sorts of actions not be lauded, no matter how happy we might be to get a killer off the streets.

Can't say I disagree with you in theory. But after reading his manifesto, and seeing him kill 3 innocent people - my goal would be to bring him in if he was willing, otherwise just eliminate the admitted threat.

Kathianne
02-13-2013, 06:06 PM

I agree with you in general, the killing and wounding of two additional officers during the firefight though, changed the dynamics, imo. He basically wrote that he wouldn't be taken alive, indeed was looking for a violent, suicidal ending. Whether he offed himself with the 1 gunshot heard after the fire began or was burned to death, the outcome was of his choosing.

aboutime
02-13-2013, 06:08 PM

DragonStryk. Understand your anger. However. The man put himself in that position, and swore he would die that way. He didn't manage to kill anyone else after the Deputy yesterday. If the Police officers who surrounded the cabin had attacked. Almost a certainty, more would have died before he decided to end it with his own gun before the fire.
If you call that a lynch mob mentality, or justice. You need to read more about what took place before Judging them. Seems Police officers have this Human trait, like the rest of us...wanting to stay alive for another day. How dare they protect themselves in such a way????

gabosaurus
02-13-2013, 06:10 PM
Two police officers went to bring him in for justice. Both of them were shot and one of them died. Dorner made it quite clear that he was not going to be taken alive. He was quite heavily armed and a present danger to everyone. So they fried him.

DS72 sounds like a bleeding hearts liberal to me. :rolleyes:

DragonStryk72
02-13-2013, 07:26 PM
Two police officers went to bring him in for justice. Both of them were shot and one of them died. Dorner made it quite clear that he was not going to be taken alive. He was quite heavily armed and a present danger to everyone. So they fried him.

DS72 sounds like a bleeding hearts liberal to me. :rolleyes:

wait, so one deranged man against the police and swat, and burning was he ONLY method of getting him?

cadet
02-13-2013, 07:28 PM
wait, so one deranged man against the police and swat, and burning was he ONLY method of getting him?

Apparently treating our criminals humanly is out of the question.

mundame
02-13-2013, 07:49 PM

Yeah, and why not? Sounds to me like the Palcynski case in Baltimore: after a two-week murder and hostage spree, plus shooting out the tires of all the armoured SWAT team vehicles repeatedly, the police were pretty fed up with Palcynski. Also this case in Alabama with the old crazy who had the boy in the bunker.

There are some criminals you just would not want to write an insurance policy on........

aboutime
02-13-2013, 08:01 PM

DragonStryk. Did you just Ignore everything I, and everyone else tried to tell you about this?
Did you bother reading what we said?

You can draw your own conclusions. But they do not match what actually took place yesterday.

YOU seem to be locked on the Burning aspect as if the police decided to make Dorner do what he did in those murders. And it sounds like you have more feelings for that Animal who killed four people, than you do for the people he intentionally killed.

Voted4Reagan
02-13-2013, 08:06 PM
Excellent. Dorner deserved to die an excruciating death.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2013/02/dorner-manhunt-highly-incendiary-hot-gas-used-on-cabin.html

Standing up for State Sponsored Executions now Gabby?

Not very progressive....

Are you for REINSTATING the DEATH PENALTY FOR CHARLES MANSON?

Voted4Reagan
02-13-2013, 09:04 PM
Dupe Post

gabosaurus
02-13-2013, 10:17 PM
Standing up for State Sponsored Executions now Gabby?

Not very progressive....

Are you for REINSTATING the DEATH PENALTY FOR CHARLES MANSON?

That's against the law. Sorry.

Dorner was a domestic terrorist who wasn't going to be taken alive. He was a danger to others. He is now deservedly dead.

logroller
02-14-2013, 12:40 AM
That's against the law. Sorry.

Dorner was a domestic terrorist who wasn't going to be taken alive. He was a danger to others. He is now deservedly dead.

California has a death penalty statute, and its been upheld-- but the executions must be administered by a doctor lest it be cruel and unusual, and doctors cannot, by law, knowingly do harm. So there's a de facto ban (in practice), but not a de jure ban (by law).

gabosaurus
02-14-2013, 01:33 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/A_sY2rjxq6M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>