PDA

View Full Version : Book i need to read, so-called Drug war, and honest police officers

revelarts
02-14-2013, 03:52 PM
<tbody>

</tbody>
Damned from Memory Sparky McLaughlin (http://www.amazon.com/Sparky-McLaughlin/e/B00AFW7IVC/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_1)

Damned from Memory, a confidential expose by an
ex -narcotics agent traces the links from drug transit zones to the streets of the east coast, with straight lines to the White House, State Department, and the CIA following the truth;
however inconvenient it is for a Washington heavyweight photographed at a fundraiser where illegal contributions were amassed from persons with ties to drug trafficking. The revealing, action-laced book shows how drug profits fuel election campaigns on both sides of the U.S. - Dominican Republic border. It’s the kind of true story that Hollywood brought to the screen in the real-life of “Serpico,” but on an international stage, revealing current administration ties to narco-traffickers. Despite being warned to “take it on the chin” by the Attorney General, and supporting statements by Senator Patrick Leahy (D-Ver.) on the floor in Congress, my testimony at the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence created a thunderstorm. Supporters like Gary Webb of the San Jose Mercury News, and Joe Occhipinti of the National Police Defense Foundation respond; however my reputation and career were destroyed as various agencies, under apparent direction from the CIA, pulled every trick in their effort to punish me. A trusted informant was firebombed. The most audacious was that my police K-9 repelled an intruder, leaving a bloody trail on my kitchen floor after the ‘black bagger’ broke in searching through my files and attempted to plant a bug. I was forced to file a retaliatory lawsuit. I was censored by the Congreso Nacional de la República Dominicana. Parts of this shocking story were published in various major national magazines, and on the web, but now this suppressed story has come to life in my book – all backed by documentary evidence including web sites, court documents, news clippings, etc.