PDA

View Full Version : WTF is this on my face?

jimnyc
02-14-2013, 07:35 PM
About 3 days ago I suddenly felt a little sore spot under my eye. It feels and looks like a rather large mosquito bite. I suppose it could just be a zit. But it's odd that it appeared out of nowhere, has grown, and now it's a little swelled underneath my eye as well. I think one of those effin little spider bastards might have gotten me! No doubt while I was sleeping too, sneaky little bastards. Anyone think this could be a bite from something?

http://i45.tinypic.com/153qoh4.jpg

tailfins
02-14-2013, 07:36 PM
Bedbugs?

cadet
02-14-2013, 07:36 PM
eeewwww, a zit.

jimnyc
02-14-2013, 07:59 PM
Bedbugs?

Nah. I had the unfortunate experience of staying at a place that had them. You would get bit all over if you had a run in with them little critters.

eeewwww, a zit.

Haven't had one in years and years, not to say it couldn't happen again. But the outward swelling, then going along underneath my eye, not your typical signs of a zit. Also, there's like a center point on this, almost like where a stinger or sorts would be. Gonna ask the pharmacist and see what he recommends putting on it.

Robert A Whit
02-14-2013, 08:35 PM
And in that eyeball.

What's all that shit?

SassyLady
02-15-2013, 02:52 AM
Looks like spider bite to me. I hate when they drop down from the ceiling and land on me! Eeeek!!

taft2012
02-15-2013, 07:08 AM
..... wow.

Just when the PMs stopped flying around saying you couldn't possibly get any uglier.:coffee:

mundame
02-15-2013, 08:08 AM
I think he's pretty good-looking............

Except for that spider bite on his face.

Spider bites are the worst. They can get you when you aren't expecting it; it's rare, but I've had it happen.

taft2012
02-15-2013, 08:11 AM
I think he's pretty good-looking............

If i recall the film correctly, even Ann Bancroft was smitten by the Elephant Man.

Thank God for women. :clap:

CSM
02-15-2013, 08:57 AM
I dunno ... looks like leprosy to me. Then again, I've never seen leprosy and I sure aint no doctor

Marcus Aurelius
02-15-2013, 10:14 AM
About 3 days ago I suddenly felt a little sore spot under my eye. It feels and looks like a rather large mosquito bite. I suppose it could just be a zit. But it's odd that it appeared out of nowhere, has grown, and now it's a little swelled underneath my eye as well. I think one of those effin little spider bastards might have gotten me! No doubt while I was sleeping too, sneaky little bastards. Anyone think this could be a bite from something?

http://i45.tinypic.com/153qoh4.jpg

adult acne. see a dermatologist.

I started fluticasone about a year ago for chronic rhinitis (no allergies either). While the steroid spray keep the passages pretty well open most of the time, one side effect can be adult acne on the cheeks and forehead. So far, Clearasil pads seem to keep it mostly at bay, so try those (daily, don't skip). If that doesn't at least make them less noticeable, see a dermatologist.

mundame
02-15-2013, 10:58 AM
If i recall the film correctly, even Ann Bancroft was smitten by the Elephant Man.

Thank God for women. :clap:

Yeah, well, David Bowie did play the Elephant Man on Broadway for a long run ------------- without makeup.

So I can identify with Anne Bancroft. :cool:

jimnyc
02-15-2013, 11:57 AM
Not sure if you guys can see the swelling underneath the eye, due to whatever the red spot is. But I'm not sold on acne, because I woke up this morning and could barely see because underneath my eye was swelled up so much. I suppose anything close enough to the eye like that could cause some swelling though. The pharmacist agreed that he thought it looked like a bite or something, but also suggested I see a doctor/dermatologist. I took some Benadryl last night and it didn't seem to have any effect. I'm just trying not to touch it now and make it dirty, and cleaning it often with hot water and soap.

If I should die, you people are all witnesses that my nightmare came true, and one of those 8 legged bastards got me! :laugh2:

jimnyc
02-15-2013, 11:59 AM
And leprosy and the elephant man? You guys suck! LOL

Robert A Whit
02-15-2013, 12:30 PM
If you watch Moonshiners on Discovery, darned if you don't resemble Tickle, one of the Moonshiners.

Jim, I don't see any doctors posting here so don't you suspect you might want to see a doctor?

I mean you seem to thihk you may be in danger. Swelling and all that.

Treatment Jim, seek treatment.

Marcus Aurelius
02-15-2013, 12:34 PM
Not sure if you guys can see the swelling underneath the eye, due to whatever the red spot is. But I'm not sold on acne, because I woke up this morning and could barely see because underneath my eye was swelled up so much. I suppose anything close enough to the eye like that could cause some swelling though. The pharmacist agreed that he thought it looked like a bite or something, but also suggested I see a doctor/dermatologist. I took some Benadryl last night and it didn't seem to have any effect. I'm just trying not to touch it now and make it dirty, and cleaning it often with hot water and soap.

If I should die, you people are all witnesses that my nightmare came true, and one of those 8 legged bastards got me! :laugh2:

I'll bet you another $20.00 donation to the sight it's adult acne.

jimnyc
02-15-2013, 01:21 PM
I'll bet you another $20.00 donation to the sight it's adult acne.

In case you're right, this is what I just started applying (won't hurt)

1- Clean & Clear - acne control cleanser (benzoyl peroxide)
2- Clean & Clear - acne control moisturizer (salicylic acid)
3- Clean & Clear - fast clear spot treatment

Anton Chigurh
02-15-2013, 01:22 PM
Spider bite. And if it was from a brown recluse, gonna get alot worse before it gets better.

jimnyc
02-15-2013, 01:25 PM
Spider bite. And if it was from a brown recluse, gonna get alot worse before it gets better.

Damn, a recluse would probably make my eyeball fall out! LOL

SassyLady
02-15-2013, 01:25 PM
Jim, when I get spider bites I first clean with peroxide to bubble out whatever might be lurking and then I apply rubbing alcohol.

I also do that for any adult acne I might get ... which I do when under stress and/or eat tons of chocolate (which I do when I'm stressed). :laugh:

jimnyc
02-15-2013, 01:27 PM
Jim, when I get spider bites I first clean with peroxide to bubble out whatever might be lurking and then I apply rubbing alcohol.

I also do that for any adult acne I might get ... which I do when under stress and/or eat tons of chocolate (which I do when I'm stressed). :laugh:

I have been eating a little more junk food lately, Pringles specifically. So that could explain the acne, or maybe the chips attracted the spider? :poke:

SassyLady
02-15-2013, 01:29 PM
I have been eating a little more junk food lately, Pringles specifically. So that could explain the acne, or maybe the chips attracted the spider? :poke:

Ding, ding, ding .... sounds like a winner to me!! Now, go slay the dragon.

However, the swelling is what concerns me ... spider bite.

jimnyc
02-15-2013, 01:31 PM
Ding, ding, ding .... sounds like a winner to me!! Now, go slay the dragon.

However, the swelling is what concerns me ... spider bite.

So how do I get to eat these pringles without prompting any type of acne? And without gaining weight? :poke:

tailfins
02-15-2013, 01:40 PM
Damn, a recluse would probably make my eyeball fall out! LOL

Arggh!

http://cdn.deguisetoi.fr/images/rep_articles/gra/ca/cache-oeil-de-pirate_1.jpg

Voted4Reagan
02-15-2013, 04:07 PM
It looks like the bite of the dreaded Gabosaurus Liberalis...

Been nice knowing you bro....

Robert A Whit
02-15-2013, 04:52 PM
I used hydrogen peroxide and antiobiotic salve on what looked like a spider bite to me.

Problem over.

Grow some face hair Jim and you will look closer to Tickle than right now.

Abbey Marie
02-15-2013, 06:06 PM
http://www.magazine.ayurvediccure.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/spiderbite.jpg

This is one example of a spider bite. It does look a lot like yours, Jim.

SassyLady
02-15-2013, 06:20 PM
So how do I get to eat these pringles without prompting any type of acne? And without gaining weight? :poke:

Never opening the can and dream you are eating them! :slap:

aboutime
02-15-2013, 06:26 PM
Jimnyc. WEBMD seems to lead to a bite of some kind. Keep an eye on the swelling, or the possible infection spreading beneath the pimple like structure. Keep it clean, no oils or greasy ointments. Hydrogen peroxide is good as long as there are no Open cuts, or wounds.

If it doesn't go away in a few days. A doctor should get a visit from you.
Most humans build an immunity to such kinds of bites. But why take any chances. Infection will raise your Temp.

All of what I said is based on my experience with First Aid, and medical training in the military. Nothing special. Just common sense stuff like CPR, wounds, and breaks.

jimnyc
02-15-2013, 07:37 PM
I told my wife that I now have a headache, and asked if it were possibly related? What do I know, maybe a spider bite or similar could give you a headache, no? She called me "zitface" and kicked me out of her room. :buttkick:

aboutime
02-15-2013, 08:55 PM
I told my wife that I now have a headache, and asked if it were possibly related? What do I know, maybe a spider bite or similar could give you a headache, no? She called me "zitface" and kicked me out of her room. :buttkick:

jimnyc: Have you considered.....Maybe SHE bit you?????;) :laugh:

SassyLady
02-16-2013, 12:42 AM
Jim, I don't think you really want to have sex with your wife ... you keep doing things to get yourself thrown out of bed. Letting the dogs poo/pee on things, wanting a monkey running around everywhere, eating chips and getting zits .... how can you blame here?! :laugh:

However, when your eye pops from a spider bite I'm sure she will feel some remorse.

logroller
02-16-2013, 12:57 AM
It's a bacterial skin infection-- likely staph (super common) Clean it well and use a hot compress for ten minutes or so; it'll usually burst on its own, but incision and drainage works too. Just keep it clean and avoid touching it. If it continues to worsen after a couple days, seek medical care.

Noir
02-16-2013, 05:11 AM
Looks like a bite, though it could also be an abscess.

I worked with a woman who got a similar random spot on her cheek, turned out it was an abscess, and left a (tiny) scar like a hole in her cheek. Def worth getting it checked out.

Robert A Whit
02-16-2013, 06:24 AM

Why don't you pretend you are her best friend for 21 days and see if she warms up.

I suspect that at the moment, it would be pretending but the alternative may cover you with zits.

PostmodernProphet
02-16-2013, 10:16 AM
I know how you can get rid of it....

Isaiah 38:21 Now Isaiah said, “Let them take a cake of figs and apply it to the boil, that he may recover.”

Voted4Reagan
02-16-2013, 10:23 AM

Isaiah 38:21 Now Isaiah said, “Let them take a cake of figs and apply it to the boil, that he may recover.”

Don't get Tailfins going please...

Too early on a Saturday morning for Evangelical wars...

go sit on your cake of figs......

hjmick
02-16-2013, 10:53 AM
That's what it looks like now.

Give it a week...

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080210191235/aliens/images/9/94/Alien_facehugger.jpg

jimnyc
02-16-2013, 12:01 PM
jimnyc: Have you considered.....Maybe SHE bit you?????;) :laugh:

I suppose anything is possible, but my head would probably be missing if she had her way!

Jim, I don't think you really want to have sex with your wife ... you keep doing things to get yourself thrown out of bed. Letting the dogs poo/pee on things, wanting a monkey running around everywhere, eating chips and getting zits .... how can you blame here?! :laugh:

However, when your eye pops from a spider bite I'm sure she will feel some remorse.

She's not exactly filled with remorse when I'm in pain, she generally plays that mini violin with her 2 fingers!

It's a bacterial skin infection-- likely staph (super common) Clean it well and use a hot compress for ten minutes or so; it'll usually burst on its own, but incision and drainage works too. Just keep it clean and avoid touching it. If it continues to worsen after a couple days, seek medical care.

That's what I've been doing when I can, get the water as hot as possible, put on washcloth and try to burn it to death. Staph? Doesn't that kill people?

I worked with a woman who got a similar random spot on her cheek, turned out it was an abscess, and left a (tiny) scar like a hole in her cheek. Def worth getting it checked out.

An abscess? How the hell would I have gotten that?

Why don't you pretend you are her best friend for 21 days and see if she warms up.

I suspect that at the moment, it would be pretending but the alternative may cover you with zits.

Why 21 days? That's MUCH too long! :)

So apply some fig newtons to the affected area? :lol:

Don't get Tailfins going please...

Too early on a Saturday morning for Evangelical wars...

go sit on your cake of figs......

Yes, no Holy wars in my thread! :poke:

Give it a week...

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080210191235/aliens/images/9/94/Alien_facehugger.jpg

That's what it feels like when I first get up in the morning! Everything is puffy and blurry for a bit. I think I'm killing it though, between the acne medicine and the hot compresses. I woke this morning and it's turning purple. So either I'm killing it, or the alien is coming closer to the surface!

logroller
02-16-2013, 12:18 PM
Some strains of staph kill people; kinda like some strains of the flu kill people. There's a particularly nasty strain, MRSA, that is resistant to most antibiotics. Hope you don't have that; but most people contract that in clinical situations, operation at a hospital etc. it's probably not though, but if it doesn't heal after being drained, see a doctor.

hjmick
02-16-2013, 12:31 PM
I suppose anything is possible, but my head would probably be missing if she had her way!

You married a praying mantis?

taft2012
02-16-2013, 02:25 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/be/Joseph_Merrick_carte_de_visite_photo,_c._1889.jpg/220px-Joseph_Merrick_carte_de_visite_photo,_c._1889.jpg

jimnyc
02-16-2013, 02:36 PM
Some strains of staph kill people; kinda like some strains of the flu kill people. There's a particularly nasty strain, MRSA, that is resistant to most antibiotics. Hope you don't have that; but most people contract that in clinical situations, operation at a hospital etc. it's probably not though, but if it doesn't heal after being drained, see a doctor.

Greg Lloyd, a great linebacker for the Steelers in the 90's, contracted MRSA while in the hospital and it nearly killed him. He was never the same again after that.

You married a praying mantis?

Worse, an independent woman!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/be/Joseph_Merrick_carte_de_visite_photo,_c._1889.jpg/220px-Joseph_Merrick_carte_de_visite_photo,_c._1889.jpg

I think Michael Jackson owns him now! Or did...

aboutime
02-16-2013, 03:54 PM

Give it a week...

​Jimnyc: Problem solved. JUST INHALE!

Voted4Reagan
02-16-2013, 07:23 PM
it could get worse........

http://youtu.be/aVZUVeMtYXc

jimnyc
02-16-2013, 08:18 PM
Uh oh, just passed by and Mrs. Jim is reading this thread. She said something about if I wasn't nice she was going to login and tell everyone all kinds of stories. I guess I'm a hypochondriac at times and am a Momma's boy when I get injured. Either way, listen to nothing the woman says if she joins, it's all lies!

Kathianne
02-16-2013, 08:36 PM

Look who's back!

Robert A Whit
02-16-2013, 08:54 PM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Robert A Whit http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=617817#post617817)

Why 21 days? That's MUCH too long! :)

Well Jim, I watched on TV a program saying it takes 21 days for the pretending to be a habit.

Try to recall that at one point, she actually happily married you. Now you need to fix what changed. And get her to try it also.

Well, I am on Moxilla as you suggested. I see the red underline but it is not self fixing as Word does for me. Mozilla so it does know the right spelling.

I am flummoxed at what happened to all my former bookmarks I checked where I was to to bring over book marks. I have to get back to IE to see my book marks.

I did manage to put this forum on Mozilla. I dunno, so far, a lot of work it looks like to me.

If you know a tip, let me know how to get all of my bookmarks into Mozilla.

Kathianne
02-16-2013, 08:57 PM
Well Jim, I watched on TV a program saying it takes 21 days for the pretending to be a habit.

Try to recall that at one point, she actually happily married you. Now you need to fix what changed. And get her to try it also.

Well, I am on Moxilla as you suggested. I see the red underline but it is not self fixing as Word does for me. Mozilla so it does know the right spelling.

I am flummoxed at what happened to all my former bookmarks I checked where I was to to bring over book marks. I have to get back to IE to see my book marks.

I did manage to put this forum on Mozilla. I dunno, so far, a lot of work it looks like to me.

If you know a tip, let me know how to get all of my bookmarks into Mozilla.

:smoke:

Noir
02-17-2013, 05:24 AM
An abscess? How the hell would I have gotten that?

It would just be a bacterial infection that got into a skin pore (you can see some larger open ones around your eyes)

However having shown the pic to my gf (who's all medically inclined) she said bite, and then kinda shot down my abscess idea by saying that abscesses don't itch ^,^;

KitchenKitten99
02-17-2013, 07:49 PM
Uh oh, just passed by and Mrs. Jim is reading this thread. She said something about if I wasn't nice she was going to login and tell everyone all kinds of stories. I guess I'm a hypochondriac at times and am a Momma's boy when I get injured. Either way, listen to nothing the woman says if she joins, it's all lies!

Now I want her to join just to spill the beans on all sorts of things for joyous entertainment. :2up:

jimnyc
02-17-2013, 07:53 PM
It would just be a bacterial infection that got into a skin pore (you can see some larger open ones around your eyes)

However having shown the pic to my gf (who's all medically inclined) she said bite, and then kinda shot down my abscess idea by saying that abscesses don't itch ^,^;

See, another one with the bite theory. She's a smart one, Noir, hang onto her! :beer:

Now I want her to join just to spill the beans on all sorts of things for joyous entertainment. :2up:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooo!!!

glockmail
02-17-2013, 08:25 PM
Looks like spider bite to me. I hate when they drop down from the ceiling and land on me! Eeeek!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRV4d9LCawU

KitchenKitten99
02-18-2013, 08:29 PM
See, another one with the bite theory. She's a smart one, Noir, hang onto her! :beer:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Ok then she can just PM me everything for future blackmail fodder. ;)

jimnyc
02-19-2013, 07:30 PM
5 days since I started this thread and it's now turned black on me. That's generally a sign of death, as in dead skin. The swelling in the eye area has subsided a bit though. If any blackness should spread I would immediately get to a doctor. Hell, still could just be acne, but I personally never had a zit turn black. And it has "growth" to it, but not a fluid feeling, but still a thick feeling like what a mosquito bite feels like for a bit.

http://i48.tinypic.com/308ha9c.jpg

http://i46.tinypic.com/2rgyfrp.jpg

aboutime
02-19-2013, 09:12 PM
Jim. Not trying to scare you but. I had something just like that on my right shoulder several months ago. It only grew slightly larger than what your photo shows. My doctor removed it...made a small incision to remove it. Saved it for the Lab to investigate, and learned it was a Melanoma from too much sun, many years ago. He removed all of it at a second visit, and it is now just a scar.

Sun damage to the skin is common, and it IS easily removed if handled quickly. Not to worry. But I would suggest you visit your Doctor.
What you have probably won't do anything more than get a dark scab, but it can go deeper into your skin. Let the doc remove it.
Seriously. It doesn't look like a Bite now.

Up to you. But today. Anyone, from children to older people like myself...for example John McCain...who also had the same thing on his left cheek a few years ago. IT IS TREATABLE...and should be removed.

SassyLady
02-20-2013, 05:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRV4d9LCawU

I haven't laughed that hard in a long time, thanks Glock!!!

jimnyc
02-20-2013, 05:42 PM

I don't know how I missed Glock posting that. I EFFING HATE SPIDERS!! Just looking at that thing made my hair stand on end. I don't know if that vid is real or a setup, but that's why I don't get to close to those sneaky bastards. Get a 6 foot broom and swing at it like Babe Ruth!

jimnyc
02-20-2013, 05:45 PM
I don't know how I missed Glock posting that. I EFFING HATE SPIDERS!! Just looking at that thing made my hair stand on end. I don't know if that vid is real or a setup, but that's why I don't get to close to those sneaky bastards. Get a 6 foot broom and swing at it like Babe Ruth!

Between the writing below the video, and watching it again, I'm afraid it's real. And if that was me, first off, I never would try that, but if it were me, and that thing fell on me, I would have ran straight through a wall or window. No joking.

glockmail
02-20-2013, 06:41 PM

Sassy, the first time I saw that was at my favorite Thai restaurant with my wife and daughter. We are waiting for our order and my daughter shows me that video on her smart phone. I nearly jumped out my seat and the manager, who knows me by name, ran over and thought I was having a stroke or something. :laugh:

glockmail
02-20-2013, 06:43 PM

I'd be at it with a shot gun and leave a foot-wide hole in the ceiling. :lol:

Abbey Marie
02-20-2013, 07:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRV4d9LCawU

I knew it was coming, and I jumped anyway! Was that Australia? I swear that county has the biggest, baddest species of everything.

Robert A Whit
02-20-2013, 07:23 PM

Tell her how you want that young man in Vallejo to get an, ahem ... attitude adjustment.

If she wants to know why, tell her because he told the cop he was late. :laugh:

jimnyc
02-20-2013, 07:32 PM
Tell her how you want that young man in Vallejo to get an, ahem ... attitude adjustment.

If she wants to know why, tell her because he told the cop he was late. :laugh:

I just read this back to her, she replied "Shut up ya old fucker". :coffee:

Robert A Whit
02-20-2013, 07:36 PM
I just read this back to her, she replied "Shut up ya old fucker". :coffee:

Oh hell, now you just offended that fart About Time. LMAO

Hey, since you are on her shit list, I don't mind joining you on it, for a few beers.

So long as you are buying. LOL

Robert A Whit
02-20-2013, 07:39 PM
Why do you suppose I like you?

Go ahead and explain it to me. :laugh:

Hey, stop that language. You piss off the board fart. LOL

jimnyc
02-20-2013, 07:44 PM
Why do you suppose I like you?

Go ahead and explain it to me. :laugh:

Hey, stop that language. You piss off the board fart. LOL

I have no idea why anyone likes me, I'm a miserable person. I wouldn't like me if I wasn't me.

Robert A Whit
02-20-2013, 08:31 PM
I have no idea why anyone likes me, I'm a miserable person. I wouldn't like me if I wasn't me.

May I quote you? May I quote you all the time? Go tell your wife what you said to the old fart. LOL

jimnyc
02-20-2013, 08:39 PM
May I quote you? May I quote you all the time? Go tell your wife what you said to the old fart. LOL

She's learned very well to block me out. It would be a wasted effort. Not even "in one ear and out the other" - it never even enters the ear. Totally tuned me out.

Robert?

glockmail
02-20-2013, 09:15 PM
I knew it was coming, and I jumped anyway! Was that Australia? I swear that county has the biggest, baddest species of everything.

I have no idea. I lack the balls to watch it a second time. :laugh:

Robert A Whit
02-20-2013, 09:21 PM
She's learned very well to block me out. It would be a wasted effort. Not even "in one ear and out the other" - it never even enters the ear. Totally tuned me out.

Robert?

Huh?

I was busy showing you Combat. :coffee:

Kathianne
08-15-2019, 06:30 PM
Saw the title and thought of this from a story the other week:

https://www.wthr.com/sites/default/files/styles/article_image/public/2019/08/07/octopuswoman970.jpg?itok=D_fSQgu9

NT'sGirl
08-16-2019, 03:04 PM
LOL my friend had something that looked like that on her belly button she asked me to pop it cuz she thought it was just a zit, but it hurt and she didnt want to do it. When I popped it a 100 little flies came gushing out and she started to scream! OMG I thought I would be deaf. We spent the next 2 hours disinfecting her as she cried and screamed and cried... She is still traumatized by it and I still laugh at her.

Kathianne
08-16-2019, 05:18 PM
LOL my friend had something that looked like that on her belly button she asked me to pop it cuz she thought it was just a zit, but it hurt and she didnt want to do it. When I popped it a 100 little flies came gushing out and she started to scream! OMG I thought I would be deaf. We spent the next 2 hours disinfecting her as she cried and screamed and cried... She is still traumatized by it and I still laugh at her.

That is so gross!

NT'sGirl
08-17-2019, 01:17 PM
That is so gross!

It was gross but I still could not help but laugh...