PDA

View Full Version : I'm in love again!! Just like when I was a teen!

jimnyc
02-15-2013, 03:04 PM
My new love from La-Z-Boy arrives on Tuesday. It was like laying on a bed of air! The one I am getting is a tad darker is all. Great sales, and I talked him into the protection plan for free. Supposedly covered for spills, stains, fires and all that other crap. I didn't feel the power option was necessary as I'm still capable of leaning backwards on my own! LOL

http://i49.tinypic.com/2a7zypf.jpg

Marcus Aurelius
02-15-2013, 03:20 PM
$1200? HOLY CRAP! My first car didn't cost that much...lol

tailfins
02-15-2013, 03:23 PM

A trip to New Hampshire would have saved you $70+ in sales tax. AND ... I suspect the chair itself would be cheaper.

jimnyc
02-15-2013, 03:33 PM

It was actually about $1600 in total, with the insurance, protective coating and delivery. The chair itself was $1700 alone if I wanted the power! Seriously though, I've wanted a good one FOREVER - and everyone I know who has had them over the years said to go to La-Z because you get what you pay for. I don't want to get the chair and have it break in 2 years and I'm SOL. Oh, and it also has a rocker built-in that I forgot to mention.

When I sit in our LR, whether just reading or watching the tube, it's too uncomfortable for me. If I sit upright on the couch, there is no head rest. If I lay down I am like a banana. With my 2 spinal surgeries behind me, I'd like to have more comfort and support so that I don't have a repeat. At least that's what I told the woman! :)

jimnyc
02-15-2013, 03:34 PM
A trip to New Hampshire would have saved you $70+ in sales tax. AND ... I suspect the chair itself would be cheaper.

I think people that are die hard shoppers and want to save on furniture costs - go to North Carolina. Never knew why though. Just cheaper there for whatever reason.

Voted4Reagan
02-15-2013, 03:37 PM
Best wishes to the happy couple.....

whens the big day??

:)

jimnyc
02-15-2013, 03:41 PM
Best wishes to the happy couple.....

whens the big day??

:)

Tuesday, they will call Monday evening to give me a more specific time for the delivery of my new companion.

Marcus Aurelius
02-15-2013, 03:42 PM
It was actually about $1600 in total, with the insurance, protective coating and delivery. The chair itself was $1700 alone if I wanted the power! Seriously though, I've wanted a good one FOREVER - and everyone I know who has had them over the years said to go to La-Z because you get what you pay for. I don't want to get the chair and have it break in 2 years and I'm SOL. Oh, and it also has a rocker built-in that I forgot to mention.

When I sit in our LR, whether just reading or watching the tube, it's too uncomfortable for me. If I sit upright on the couch, there is no head rest. If I lay down I am like a banana. With my 2 spinal surgeries behind me, I'd like to have more comfort and support so that I don't have a repeat. At least that's what I told the woman! :)

I bet it'll make a LOT of things more comfortable (wink wink, nudge nudge, know what I mean?)

jimnyc
02-15-2013, 03:45 PM
I bet it'll make a LOT of things more comfortable (wink wink, nudge nudge, know what I mean?)

Spanking it? Unfortunately this chair is as close to sex as I'm going to get as of late! LOL I'll certainly be more comfortable while ogling boobies on my screen though! :cheers2:

Voted4Reagan
02-15-2013, 03:46 PM
Tuesday, they will call Monday evening to give me a more specific time for the delivery of my new companion.

so you're excited about being told to go sleep in the den....

Excellent.... :)

Marcus Aurelius
02-15-2013, 04:56 PM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=617722#post617722)

Spanking it? Unfortunately this chair is as close to sex as I'm going to get as of late! LOL I'll certainly be more comfortable while ogling boobies on my screen though! :cheers2:

I was thinking more along the lines of rebecca de mornay and tom cruise in Risky Business... when she first shows up at his house... the easy chair scene. :cool:

SassyLady
02-15-2013, 05:57 PM
Jim, I had one of those and my little 15 pound schnauzer would stand up on the arms and jump and/or just lay on them. Both arms started separating at the seams. I hope your protection plan covers seams that start separating.

Other than that, they are great chairs.

jimnyc
02-15-2013, 06:13 PM
Jim, I had one of those and my little 15 pound schnauzer would stand up on the arms and jump and/or just lay on them. Both arms started separating at the seams. I hope your protection plan covers seams that start separating.

Other than that, they are great chairs.

Hmmmmm.... here is what my plan protects:

food or beverages
human or pet bodily fluids (yes, that's EXACTLY what it says in brochure)
ballpoint pen ink
nail polish and/or remover
springs, frame, certain mechanisms
Puncture, cut, tear, rip
burn

SassyLady
02-15-2013, 06:16 PM
Hmmmmm.... here is what my plan protects:

food or beverages
human or pet bodily fluids (yes, that's EXACTLY what it says in brochure)
ballpoint pen ink
nail polish and/or remover
springs, frame, certain mechanisms
Puncture, cut, tear, rip
burn

Maybe under the puncture, cut, tear, rip portion. Enjoy your new love!