PDA

View Full Version : Something to make me smile

WiccanLiberal
02-17-2013, 01:30 PM
I had a very nice Coach bag before Sandy, that bitch, drowned it. I missed that bag. Any woman who has ever owned a Coach knows what I mean. Yesterday, having gotten paid my unused sick time, I took a trip to the Coach outlet store. I found a new treasure. And it has friends! There was a clearance sale on so for the price I expected to pay for just the bag, I got a bag, a foldable tote, a silk scarf and a wallet all in the same pattern. I am not normally a person who gets brand crazy but for Coach I will make an exception.

jimnyc
02-17-2013, 03:22 PM
Oh, I know just how you feel! :coffee: :poke:

Robert A Whit
02-17-2013, 03:36 PM
I had a very nice Coach bag before Sandy, that bitch, drowned it. I missed that bag. Any woman who has ever owned a Coach knows what I mean. Yesterday, having gotten paid my unused sick time, I took a trip to the Coach outlet store. I found a new treasure. And it has friends! There was a clearance sale on so for the price I expected to pay for just the bag, I got a bag, a foldable tote, a silk scarf and a wallet all in the same pattern. I am not normally a person who gets brand crazy but for Coach I will make an exception.

I don't pretend I have the same appreciation for those items that you have, but you helped me today to make a point.

First, I want to say i am ultra pleased you are happy. To regain what one prizes is awesome. And those items look to me like some high class merchandise. I am sure women, more than men, will comment on the product line. I don't know much about purses.

So how did you help me?

You demonstrated velocity of money. You were paid by a company money accrued to you for not taking time off. And you put it almost instantly into the market place of commerce.

When you spent that money, you, i expect, paid taxes. You also created funds to help a store meet a payroll. That generated more taxes. And that person has to shop and thus you forced even more spending.

You created a multiplier effect and the governments, local, state and federal, all profited.

Suppose Obama had not given money to the rich, but had as Reagan did, as Bush did, spread out the joy. And don't you suppose had Obama injected cash, not into the rich mans pocket, but all of our pockets, by this time the economy would be happily moving along and not this constant whimpering?

WiccanLiberal
02-17-2013, 05:51 PM
Well I am not in a position to say what others do but I know that with my recent circumstances, aside from necessary monthly expenses, I am very cautious about spending money. Here we had products of excellent quality at a deep discount and filling, not a need, but certainly a desire of mine. And I do know that that store was definitely keeping its employees, suppliers and the tax man happy with the sales numbers they were putting up. I do agree, people need income not committed to the daily necessities in order to promote economic growth.

Kathianne
02-17-2013, 06:01 PM
Well I am not in a position to say what others do but I know that with my recent circumstances, aside from necessary monthly expenses, I am very cautious about spending money. Here we had products of excellent quality at a deep discount and filling, not a need, but certainly a desire of mine. And I do know that that store was definitely keeping its employees, suppliers and the tax man happy with the sales numbers they were putting up. I do agree, people need income not committed to the daily necessities in order to promote economic growth.

There's much to be said for buying high quality products when able to. Coach outlets are great, as are Ann Taylor, Loft, and Nordstroms to mention a few. When I was able to, bought most of my clothes at Ann Taylor, Talbot's Petites and Loft, I've not bought any clothing in over 3 years now, still wearing the old 'classics.' All clean beautifully and still show little wear. Since they are all 'classic style' the only ones who'd 'know' are those that shop seasonally and that doesn't include most men. ;)

WiccanLiberal
02-17-2013, 06:07 PM
There's much to be said for buying high quality products when able to. Coach outlets are great, as are Ann Taylor, Loft, and Nordstroms to mention a few. When I was able to, bought most of my clothes at Ann Taylor, Talbot's Petites and Loft, I've not bought any clothing in over 3 years now, still wearing the old 'classics.' All clean beautifully and still show little wear. Since they are all 'classic style' the only ones who'd 'know' are those that shop seasonally and that doesn't include most men. ;)
Smart shopping means going not for the least expensive short term but the most value.:clap:

Robert A Whit
02-17-2013, 06:09 PM

I agree totally. I liken the economy in other ways as well. Often I mention the merry go round but one can also see the system as a spinning the hamster wheel. So long as the hamster has means, food and water and desire, the wheel spins pretty fast.

We in this nation as you mentioned to me above are not pleased with the economy. It's harder and harder to not want to fatten the bank account since we fear future rainy days. We don't want to lose the home we have should the job end suddenly. We save cash. We are not promoting the economy as you did when you bought that group of items.

Keeping the tax man happy is not one of my priorities. Still I get what you are saying and take your words kindly.

We have of all possible men, one of the worst men ever to try to work on the economy. Today I read he is out in Florida playing Golf with Tiger Woods.

Most people must show up in DC to get to be with Obama, but not Tiger Woods. Obama will chase him around.

Why mention this to you? I believe that Obama figures somebody else can solve his problems so he escapes from his daily duties. When he is out giving speech upon speech, it is an escape mechanism. When he is talking, he does not have to work.

Voted4Reagan
02-18-2013, 01:31 AM
Shopping with Wiccan Liberal is like a Magpie in a tinfoil Factory......

http://www.robertestutts.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/magpie-4.jpg

WiccanLiberal
02-18-2013, 01:54 PM
Sad thing is he's right. I get easily distracted and wander around looking at all the pretties. V4R is the one who found the bag I actually brought home.

tailfins
02-18-2013, 01:58 PM
I'm with tech the way you are about coach bags. I can barely drive by Microcenter without stopping.

Abbey Marie
02-18-2013, 05:09 PM
Afraid I can only partly relate, WL. I don't carry any kind of bag, never really have. I went through 4 years of college with a my cash and ID in a pocket, and my apt. key on my belt. Many years ago, a client of mine once brought me back a Fendi bag from Capri, and it went in the closet where it sits to this day.

Now, put me in a store with home decor, or cupcakes, and I'm just like that magpie. :cool:

WiccanLiberal
02-18-2013, 06:36 PM
I'm with tech the way you are about coach bags. I can barely drive by Microcenter without stopping.

Funny thing is almost all other shopping I am very methodical. I guess its that I know I am going to be living with this purchase for awhile. I end up admiring all the little details.