PDA

View Full Version : when does your writing become a "manifesto"?

revelarts
02-18-2013, 07:13 PM
when does your writing become a "manifesto"?

this Dorner thing had me asking the question.
but in general, how the media chooses words in situations is very manipulative.
In a strict sense Dorner's letter was a "manifesto" but how many times in your life has anything you've written been called a manifesto.
This is not about Dorner it's more about the media. Or the police or politicians use of words.

manifesto: a written statement declaring publicly the intentions, motives, or views of its issuer.

How much of what's each one of has written in this forum could be considered...a manifesto.
rather than just our opinion, or our thoughts etc..

Manfesto is usually throw out when a person has gone wrong. it's often accompanied by the word "rambling".
How many here , besides me, have written anything online that's rambling. (don't make me point you out)

Another word that the media uses only in the negative is Compound, "the group are trapped in their COMPOUND.".
you know they are bad guys if they are in a compound. Maybe i'm wrong but I never hear people calling their yards a compound maybe that's something in the southwest, i doubt it.

just some rambling thoughts

Esox
02-18-2013, 07:23 PM
I'm pretty sure they also called Ted Kaczynski's diatribe a manifesto, too.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-18-2013, 08:02 PM
when does your writing become a "manifesto"?

this Dorner thing had me asking the question.
but in general, how the media chooses words in situations is very manipulative.
In a strict sense Dorner's letter was a "manifesto" but how many times in your life has anything you've written been called a manifesto.
This is not about Dorner it's more about the media. Or the police or politicians use of words.

How much of what's each one of has written in this forum could be considered...a manifesto.

Manfesto is usually throw out when a person has gone wrong. it's often accompanied by the word "rambling".
How many here , besides me, have written anything online that's rambling. (don't make me point you out)

Another word that the media uses only in the negative is Compound, "the group are trapped in their COMPOUND.".
you know they are bad guys if they are in a compound. Maybe i'm wrong but I never hear people calling their yards a compound maybe that's something in the southwest, i doubt it.

just some rambling thoughts

The majority of the media is leftist/liberal, in the tank for obama and are so very sure that they have the right to lie like dogs. That assures them of having the authority to twist any story they care to in order to make it fit their agenda. That is known as "enlightenment" and the demigods swear by it. Just ask them.;)--Tyr

tailfins
02-18-2013, 08:10 PM
manifesto: a written statement declaring publicly the intentions, motives, or views of its issuer.

Under that definition, if one forum member says he's going to kick the a$$ of another, it's a manifesto!