PDA

View Full Version : My take on the Rubio water bottle thingy

Anton Chigurh
02-18-2013, 08:57 PM
Would all the pundits, talk show hosts and right leaning people in general be going crazy and be milking this like the left is, had it been Obama with the water bottle gaffe in the middle of a speech, instead of Rubio?

Of course. So let's not address the demagoguery, let's really look at the issue.

What. The. Fuck. Was that? Really.

In one fail swoop, Rubio went from cool to clown. With something that is going to stick with him forever, no matter what else he does.

What happened?

As a Independent, I could only shake my head at the performance. How is it possible the dude just HAS to have a drink of water right in the middle of a live, nationally broadcast speech? He couldn't just clear his throat? Couldn't just ignore the itch I'm sure was there, for another couple of minutes?

Part of the problem of course is, there doesn't seem to be a way such a speech can be SHORT AND PITHY. It apparently has to be impossibly convoluted and long winded, just word salad.

Apparently there is no way a GOP'er or any politician can just spend a couple of minutes laying out the facts and describing the stance and the reasons for it - no. They have to just blabber like Obama does, in a mind numbing run-on jumble of crap.

To the point where a emergency drink of water is necessary, right in the middle of the blabber session.

Then it comes down to organization too - why was the water bottle a mile away? Why wasn't it just handy and right there for him if he needed it badly enough to take a big swig on camera, live?

It's disgusting because no where out there is anyone talking about what he actually had to say. They are talking about the apparently desperate drink of water.

Had it been Obama instead of Rubio you all would have been all over it like a Haitian on a bologna sammich. Admit it.

Nothing like that or even faraway resembling that, has ever happened before in a pre-prepared, live televised speech. It makes Rubio (They're calling him just plain "Rube," now) and the GOP look like tick turds, possum's peckers. It makes you wonder why the hell they didn't just record it in advance.

The GOP gives the dems cheap ammunition like this, ALL the damn time.

It opens up the bigger question I've had since at least 2008 - Don't they have ONE strategist, ONE brain among them?

Thoughts?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-18-2013, 09:21 PM
Would all the pundits, talk show hosts and right leaning people in general be going crazy and be milking this like the left is, had it been Obama with the water bottle gaffe in the middle of a speech, instead of Rubio?

Of course. So let's not address the demagoguery, let's really look at the issue.

What. The. Fuck. Was that? Really.

In one fail swoop, Rubio went from cool to clown. With something that is going to stick with him forever, no matter what else he does.

What happened?

As a Independent, I could only shake my head at the performance. How is it possible the dude just HAS to have a drink of water right in the middle of a live, nationally broadcast speech? He couldn't just clear his throat? Couldn't just ignore the itch I'm sure was there, for another couple of minutes?

Part of the problem of course is, there doesn't seem to be a way such a speech can be SHORT AND PITHY. It apparently has to be impossibly convoluted and long winded, just word salad.

Apparently there is no way a GOP'er or any politician can just spend a couple of minutes laying out the facts and describing the stance and the reasons for it - no. They have to just blabber like Obama does, in a mind numbing run-on jumble of crap.

To the point where a emergency drink of water is necessary, right in the middle of the blabber session.

Then it comes down to organization too - why was the water bottle a mile away? Why wasn't it just handy and right there for him if he needed it badly enough to take a big swig on camera, live?

It's disgusting because no where out there is anyone talking about what he actually had to say. They are talking about the apparently desperate drink of water.

Had it been Obama instead of Rubio you all would have been all over it like a Haitian on a bologna sammich. Admit it.

Nothing like that or even faraway resembling that, has ever happened before in a pre-prepared, live televised speech. It makes Rubio (They're calling him just plain "Rube," now) and the GOP look like tick turds, possum's peckers. It makes you wonder why the hell they didn't just record it in advance.

The GOP gives the dems cheap ammunition like this, ALL the damn time.

It opens up the bigger question I've had since at least 2008 - Don't they have ONE strategist, ONE brain among them?

Thoughts?

OBAMA HAS DONE MORE AND WORSE GAFFES THAN THAT, DIDNT STOP HIS CAREER!
57 STATES, CORPSEMEN, MY MUSLIM FAITH, HIS STUTTERING WHEN UNABLE TO READ HIS TELEPROMPTER, ETC.

Myself, I do not ignore the double standard and bias. Rubio will only be ruined if people fall for this propaganda and smear job.
ff-'em all , feed 'em fish heads... which by the way has more bang when in person and directed towards a deserving soul. -;)--Tyr

Robert A Whit
02-18-2013, 09:25 PM
You mean to tell me that SOB Rubio, that scourge of this planet was thirsty?

Who the hell does he think he is? I mean, thirst is one of the worst things one can have happen in a speech.

It ought to be outlawed. No speaker can get thirsty. By law mind you.

Anton Chigurh
02-18-2013, 10:09 PM
Knowing all of that, the double standard and all, the big advantage the Dems have controlling the media and academia, still begs the question I posed:

The GOP gives them cheap ammunition like this, ALL the damn time. Don't they have ONE strategist, ONE brain among them?

Abbey Marie
02-18-2013, 10:17 PM
I've heard Rubio's PAC has already made $100,000 selling water bottles with Rubio's name on it.
I'd say the lemons have officially turned into lemonade.

Little-Acorn
02-18-2013, 10:18 PM
Are there actually people in this forum who think this is important enough to talk about? :stupid:

DragonStryk72
02-18-2013, 11:17 PM
Knowing all of that, the double standard and all, the big advantage the Dems have controlling the media and academia, still begs the question I posed:

The GOP gives them cheap ammunition like this, ALL the damn time. Don't they have ONE strategist, ONE brain among them?

So basically, unless republicans can make absolutely NO gaffs, ever, regardless of office, its the fault of their strategists? How?

I'm not voting robots into power, and those are the only folks you seem to think are possible.

Anton Chigurh
02-18-2013, 11:40 PM
So basically, unless republicans can make absolutely NO gaffs, ever, regardless of office, its the fault of their strategists? How?

I'm not voting robots into power, and those are the only folks you seem to think are possible.I mean, it's really this simple. On a deal like that, a response to the President's state of the union speech - why does it even have to be LIVE? Who made that rule?

If it HAS to be live why can't it be short, pithy and to the fucking point. Why does it have to be a half hour of run-on, stammering word salad? A ton of sludge?

Ya know?

Too much to ask I guess, for them to think out of the box occasionally.

Abbey Marie
02-18-2013, 11:49 PM
Are there actually people in this forum who think this is important enough to talk about? :stupid:

Hey! :laugh:

Robert A Whit
02-19-2013, 12:04 AM
I've heard Rubio's PAC has already made $100,000 selling water bottles with Rubio's name on it.
I'd say the lemons have officially turned into lemonade.

Abbey, abbey, such a genius with words. LOL Yep, I read that today. Good for Rubio and his team. White bottles with Rubio in large red letters. Maybe Anton wants to stock up?

I mean, it's really this simple. On a deal like that, a response to the President's state of the union speech - why does it even have to be LIVE? Who made that rule?

If it HAS to be live why can't it be short, pithy and to the fucking point. Why does it have to be a half hour of run-on, stammering word salad? A ton of sludge?

Ya know?

Too much to ask I guess, for them to think out of the box occasionally.

So, how did you like Obama's drivel that lasted well over an hour?

Voted4Reagan
02-19-2013, 12:29 AM
in short... Republicans arent allowed to be thirsty in the medias eyes

red states rule
02-19-2013, 03:44 AM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/lb0216cd20130214100257.jpg

red states rule
02-20-2013, 03:34 AM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/gv021813dAPR20130218044513.jpg