PDA

View Full Version : Mindy Mcready, country music star - dead

jimnyc
02-19-2013, 11:08 AM
Self inflicted gunshot wound and dead at 37. Been 2 days now, so kind of "old" news. She's been troubled for a few years now, with relationships and her kids. Her boyfriend took his own life in the same spot on Jan. 13th.

Not to make light of the incident, but what pisses me off the most, 2 things:

1 - Kids - do these people think of how doing shit like this might affect their kids? I believe she has 3 kids.

2 - Her last move before offing herself was to kill the dog as well.

darin
02-19-2013, 11:39 AM
Clearly we should outlaw assult porches. How many lives do we have to lose before those kinds of dangers are stopped?

logroller
02-19-2013, 01:29 PM
Rumor has it her boyfriend's alleged suicide was being investigated...

jimnyc
02-19-2013, 08:12 PM
I am seeing the dog thing from another angle, a few actually.

When country artist Mindy McCready picked up a gun on Sunday afternoon, she didn’t just turn it on herself. She shot and killed her dog before taking her own life, according to Cleburne County (Arkansas) Sheriff Marty Moss.

The innocent animal belonged to her late ex-boyfriend David Wilson. The record producer – who is the father to McCready’s youngest son, Zayne – died of a gunshot wound in early January. The circumstances of his death are still being investigated.

But one of the biggest questions today is why the troubled 37-year-old would have taken her pet’s life.

“Mindy really loved her dog and that would not have been an act of malice at all,” a pal told Fox News. “It would have been more of a case where she just didn’t want to leave the dog alone.”

Dr. John Draper, the Director of the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, agrees that such an act had nothing to do with the pet’s behavior.

“One thing is for sure is that she was obviously feeling very close to her pet and that this wasn’t an act of hostility with her pet,” he tells omg!. “It was probably more a statement of her close identification with her pet… I think what is often seen in these kinds of murder suicides is not just so much taking them with me as wanting to end the suffering for anybody or anything that you love that might suffer.”

Given the dog’s shared relationship with Wilson, this makes perfect sense.

Dr. Draper explains that while there’s no data as to how frequently people who commit suicide kill their pets along with them, he often hears that pets are actually a reason many choose to keep living.

“When people are asked what might be their reasons for living, what might keep them alive, I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard them mention their dogs or cats or pets and what life would be like for their pet without them. And, that in some ways, that is what keeps them alive,” he says. “I think we often understate or neglect the importance of pets in people’s lives.”

http://omg.yahoo.com/blogs/celeb-news/mindy-mccready-dog-happened-221325136.html

logroller
02-19-2013, 09:46 PM
I am seeing the dog thing from another angle, a few actually.

http://omg.yahoo.com/blogs/celeb-news/mindy-mccready-dog-happened-221325136.html
Same twist of rationalization lands her young son in the morgue. Sorry-- that's a fail.

Robert A Whit
02-19-2013, 09:50 PM
Self inflicted gunshot wound and dead at 37. Been 2 days now, so kind of "old" news. She's been troubled for a few years now, with relationships and her kids. Her boyfriend took his own life in the same spot on Jan. 13th.

Not to make light of the incident, but what pisses me off the most, 2 things:

1 - Kids - do these people think of how doing shit like this might affect their kids? I believe she has 3 kids.

2 - Her last move before offing herself was to kill the dog as well.

I had never heard of her prior to this.

I guess you are saying she shot herself in cold blood. And the dog too! Well, she would have been a bad date in my humble opinion.

logroller
02-19-2013, 09:55 PM
A bad date??? She was drop dead gorgeous; a stone-cold fox; to hear that girl would blow your mind.

Sorry, tasteless I know. But I couldn't resist.

Robert A Whit
02-19-2013, 10:06 PM
A bad date??? She was drop dead gorgeous; a stone-cold fox; to hear that girl would blow your mind.

Sorry, tasteless I know. But I couldn't resist.

Kewl, now we know you like a woman who you can't get to come alive, won't talk to you, and one that figures all in fun, you shoot the family dog.

I could not resist either. :2up: