PDA

View Full Version : Skateboarding on private property

jimnyc
02-19-2013, 11:36 AM
These videos are everywhere. The skateboarder kids are forever looking for places to skate, and it usually ends up to be somewhere that is private property, since not that many skate parks exist in every city. Anyway, that doesn't mean I am defending them. They can be annoying little bastards. Then again, I've seen security guards, tenants, workers and all kinds of people lose their lids over the kids skating. Why not just call the police if it's really an issue and leave it at that?

This video is only 2 minutes long, and for sure I have no idea what transpired prior to that. But it does seem to have just started. The lady doesn't want them skating on the property and asks them to leave. The kid goes to make a jump anyway, so she grabs his board. Every time one of the kids goes to get it back, she says she is calling 911 and they'll be arrested for assault if they touch her again. Watch all the way to the very end, karma strikes again!

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=76512391fc90" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

CSM
02-19-2013, 11:48 AM
Those kids were plain punks... I would have shot them dead for trespassing and then shoved that board right up their wazoo.

The lady asked them not to do it and they did it anyway. In the end they get away with it. Next time they will push it even further and really assault the woman ... because they can get away with it. I have to ask why no one thinks the kids should have left... even after the woman gets their board. Why don't the kids be encouraged to call the cops? We know why, because the kids were punks. Instead, we make fun of the woman who asked them to stop.

"GET OFF MY LAWN!"

jimnyc
02-19-2013, 12:33 PM
Those kids were plain punks... I would have shot them dead for trespassing and then shoved that board right up their wazoo.

The lady asked them not to do it and they did it anyway. In the end they get away with it. Next time they will push it even further and really assault the woman ... because they can get away with it. I have to ask why no one thinks the kids should have left... even after the woman gets their board. Why don't the kids be encouraged to call the cops? We know why, because the kids were punks. Instead, we make fun of the woman who asked them to stop.

"GET OFF MY LAWN!"

I think the kids shouldn't have been there to begin with. But since they were, I think she should have just called the cops instead of going toe to toe with them. And point taken, when she stole one of the boards, the kids should have called the police to get it back. I just thought she made more of it than was necessary. The kid said like 10x they would leave if she just gave it back. If she did, and they left, problem solved. If she did, and they continued, just call 911.

CSM
02-19-2013, 12:43 PM
I think the kids shouldn't have been there to begin with. But since they were, I think she should have just called the cops instead of going toe to toe with them. And point taken, when she stole one of the boards, the kids should have called the police to get it back. I just thought she made more of it than was necessary. The kid said like 10x they would leave if she just gave it back. If she did, and they left, problem solved. If she did, and they continued, just call 911.

You skipped a point. If the kids had left when she asked THE FIRST TIME instead of trying to pull off 'just one more' it would not have happened either. Remember, the kids could have left after being asked the first time ... they did not and in fact tried to pull off another stunt. Why would the woman have ANY reason to believe the kids would leave after giving the board back? My whole point is that those kids are the ones that escalated the incident; not the woman. Whether the woman made more of it than necessary or not is a subjective call. I suspect this is not the first incident with these kids but of course have no proof of that. It just irks the heck out of me when a property owner has to put up with that kind of crap.

jimnyc
02-19-2013, 12:55 PM
You skipped a point. If the kids had left when she asked THE FIRST TIME instead of trying to pull off 'just one more' it would not have happened either. Remember, the kids could have left after being asked the first time ... they did not and in fact tried to pull off another stunt. Why would the woman have ANY reason to believe the kids would leave after giving the board back? My whole point is that those kids are the ones that escalated the incident; not the woman. Whether the woman made more of it than necessary or not is a subjective call. I suspect this is not the first incident with these kids but of course have no proof of that. It just irks the heck out of me when a property owner has to put up with that kind of crap.

My points weren't necessarily about who was wrong and who was right, but rather about the way she went about it. And for how she ended up on her ass for her efforts. I don't think stealing the board was the appropriate way to handle it. That doesn't mean I am absolving the skateboarding bastards from anything. They likely broke the law the minute they started skating on private property.

tailfins
02-19-2013, 01:23 PM

"GET OFF MY LAWN!"

Are you related to George Zimmerman? On to the legal aspects of this, what are the consequences for a juvenile convicted of assault?

Marcus Aurelius
02-19-2013, 05:18 PM
These videos are everywhere. The skateboarder kids are forever looking for places to skate, and it usually ends up to be somewhere that is private property, since not that many skate parks exist in every city. Anyway, that doesn't mean I am defending them. They can be annoying little bastards. Then again, I've seen security guards, tenants, workers and all kinds of people lose their lids over the kids skating. Why not just call the police if it's really an issue and leave it at that?

This video is only 2 minutes long, and for sure I have no idea what transpired prior to that. But it does seem to have just started. The lady doesn't want them skating on the property and asks them to leave. The kid goes to make a jump anyway, so she grabs his board. Every time one of the kids goes to get it back, she says she is calling 911 and they'll be arrested for assault if they touch her again. Watch all the way to the very end, karma strikes again!

<iframe src="http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=76512391fc90" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="640"></iframe>

She can be pissed off all she wants. She can threaten to call the cops all she wants.

If she isn;t the property owner or leasee, she has no right to tell them what to do.

Once she took the skateboard, she became the perp. They could easily have had her arrested for theft.

Keep in mind they had no right to be there anyway, if it was private property.

tailfins
02-19-2013, 05:20 PM
She can be pissed off all she wants. She can threaten to call the cops all she wants.

If she isn;t the property owner or leasee, she has no right to tell them what to do.

Once she took the skateboard, she became the perp. They could easily have had her arrested for theft.

Keep in mind they had no right to be there anyway, if it was private property.

In the video she SAID she was the property manager. Whether she was lying is another discussion.

Marcus Aurelius
02-19-2013, 05:22 PM

"GET OFF MY LAWN!"

http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/file.php?2,file=35463,filename=the_internet_tough_ guy_by_faggotclone57.jpg

Marcus Aurelius
02-19-2013, 05:23 PM
In the video she SAID she was the property manager. Whether she was lying is another discussion.
That addresses her right to tell them to leave. It does not give her the right to take their property.

glockmail
02-19-2013, 05:31 PM
Stupid bastages posted evidence against themselves on the internet. :laugh:

jimnyc
02-19-2013, 05:57 PM
**NSFW**

Here is a video that is even more disturbing. And if you want to see someone who deserves an ass kicking more than calling police, it's this skater asshole

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=504570bd4a45" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

glockmail
02-19-2013, 06:50 PM
That's why I carry a gun.

aboutime
02-19-2013, 09:51 PM
Let's help this IDIOT skateboarder increase his YOUTUBE numbers enough for the Local Police department to notice.

That reminded me of Election night last November, watching OBAMA show how stupid he is ON LIVE TV!

CSM
02-20-2013, 07:43 AM
Are you related to George Zimmerman? On to the legal aspects of this, what are the consequences for a juvenile convicted of assault?

LOL! Yah, me and George be buds!

I suppose that if we extend the logic some of you express in this thread, if an armed intruder enters my home and I disarm him and he asks for his gun back (with the assurance from said intruder that he will leave), I am obligated to give it back to him for fear of being arrested/prosecuted for theft. Too extreme? The question here is that if a certain object is being used in the commission of a crime and that object is confiscated by another, are they really committing theft?

CSM
02-20-2013, 07:46 AM
**NSFW**

Here is a video that is even more disturbing. And if you want to see someone who deserves an ass kicking more than calling police, it's this skater asshole

<iframe height="360" src="http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=504570bd4a45" frameBorder="0" width="640" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Good thing nobody tried to take his skateboard, right? *sheesh*

taft2012
02-20-2013, 08:11 AM
LOL! Yah, me and George be buds!

I suppose that if we extend the logic some of you express in this thread, if an armed intruder enters my home and I disarm him and he asks for his gun back (with the assurance from said intruder that he will leave), I am obligated to give it back to him for fear of being arrested/prosecuted for theft. Too extreme? The question here is that if a certain object is being used in the commission of a crime and that object is confiscated by another, are they really committing theft?

A very good question, that gets a bit complicated. Laws vary from state to state, but basically;

The statutes usually run from simple trespass, which is often not a crime (i.e., a misdemeanor or felony), but is often just a violation (like a traffic infraction)... up to criminal trespass (misdemeanor), and up through the various degrees of burglary (felonies).

This looks like it started out as simple trespassing, which may have been elevated to criminal trespass when she told them to leave and they didn't. Did that give her the right to confiscate the skateboard? Probably, sort of like CSM's example of taking the gun away from the burglar, as evidence....

PostmodernProphet
02-20-2013, 08:57 AM
this is why God created assault weapons.....

jimnyc
02-20-2013, 09:20 AM
Good thing nobody tried to take his skateboard, right? *sheesh*

BIG difference between taking a board away from someone who was using it for what it was intended to do, which is skate - and perhaps taking one away from someone who is using it as a weapon. Calling the police in the first instance would be the best way to diffuse the situation. The 2nd, being assault was being carried out, the luxury of waiting may not be an option.

tailfins
02-20-2013, 10:39 AM
BIG difference between taking a board away from someone who was using it for what it was intended to do, which is skate - and perhaps taking one away from someone who is using it as a weapon. Calling the police in the first instance would be the best way to diffuse the situation. The 2nd, being assault was being carried out, the luxury of waiting may not be an option.

In Florida and perhaps even Texas an armed person could successfully claim self defense where a skateboard is used as a weapon.

jimnyc
02-20-2013, 11:27 AM
In Florida and perhaps even Texas an armed person could successfully claim self defense where a skateboard is used as a weapon.

The way that kid hit the guy in the head, in the 2nd video, if the victim had shot him, I would say that self defense was quite right. He was hitting him with the wheeled side too. That could have caused permanent damage, if not even killing someone.

Voted4Reagan
02-20-2013, 01:55 PM
Skate Rats are annoying.... Call the cops and have them arrested for trespass.

Make mommy and Daddy Bail them out of Jail

Abbey Marie
02-20-2013, 02:09 PM
Legalities and annoyances aside, the young men in the first video behaved better than the woman.

Skateboarders: Ask her to please return the skateboard.
Woman: Gives the finger, calls them bastards.

I know who I ended up siding with here.