PDA

View Full Version : WWE’s Offensive ‘Tea Party’ Wrestler Arrested for DUI, Possession of Weed

red states rule
02-21-2013, 03:27 AM
Strange Vince is doing this considering his wife Linda is still interested in running for national office

Unless she has thrown in the towel on those ambitions.

WWE star Jack Swagger, who is garnering national attention for his racist and offensive “Tea Party” wrestling character (http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/02/20/have-you-heard-the-wwes-wildly-racist-tea-party-wrestling-character-named-jack-swagger/), was reportedly arrested in Mississippi last night for driving under the influence and possession of marijuana.

TMZ, citing “sources close to the situation,” reports that Swagger was leaving a “Smackdown” taping at Mississippi Coast Coliseum in Biloxi when police pulled him over for speeding. Swagger’s real name is Jacob Hager.

A police officer determined the wrestler was intoxicated and a search of his car turned up some weed, according to law enforcement.

Swagger was reportedly take to jail by police officers and later released on his own recognizance. The former WWE World Heavyweight champion has been formally charged with DUI, marijuana possession and speeding, all of which are misdemeanors. Apparently, the DUI does not involve alcohol.
“Mr. Swagger is responsible for his own personal actions,” the WWE told TMZ.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/02/20/wwes-offensive-tea-party-wrestler-arrested-for-dui-possession-of-weed/

and

Many conservatives were disgusted after the WWE debuted a “Tea Party (http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/268329-wwe-criticized-of-demonizing-tea-party-with-zeb-colterjack-swagger-angle)” character in Jack Swagger to fight against World Heavyweight Champion Alberto Del Rio for the top title April 7.

Cage Side Seats describes (http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2013/2/18/4001914/wrestlemania-29-alberto-del-rio-vs-jack-swagger-for-the-world-heavyweight-championship) him as an “American with twisted values on what his country should look like, complete with a xenophobic and slightly racist manager named Zeb Colter.” The WWE website simply says he’s “hell-bent on fixing everything about them that is ‘broken.’”

Swagger, heaving his muscles and struggling to pronounce every word through the sweat, introduced Colter as a “great American” last week.
Colter, complete with a handlebar mustache, continued:
Fellow Americans! I got a question for ya! What is wrong with America? Zeb Colter knows what’s wrong! Jack Swagger knows what’s wrong! But I think most Americans have forgotten what is wrong with America. Years ago, me and this man’s daddy laid in a jungle in Vietnam with bullets whizzin’ by our heads. You know why? Because we were real patriots, we were real Americans.
And now I look around and I see a country I don’t even recognize. I see people with faces not like mine. I see people that I don’t even know what they’re saying. They can’t even talk to me. And I look around and I think, where did all these people come from? But most importantly I think, how do we get rid of ‘em? We the people! Americans, real Americans, know the truth! Zeb Colter knows the truth! Jack Swagger knows the truth! Because this is the land of the free and the home of the brave, not the land of the free and whoever wants to cross our borders! … It’s our country and it’s our land, to protect and defend!

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/02/20/have-you-heard-the-wwes-wildly-racist-tea-party-wrestling-character-named-jack-swagger/

WiccanLiberal
02-21-2013, 01:03 PM
Maybe I am missing something but WWE? Really? Extreme portrayals of CHARACTERS (i.e. acting) is the mainstay of todays wrestling. It is not a sport, it is more like a medieval pageant wherein actors present highly stylized versions of simplistic characters. The medieval version drew characters from scripture and legend, the WWE uses current events. Guaranteed that the WWE doesn't care if it's portrayals are offensive or racist, so long as they bring in the paying customers. I also am sure that if the perceived draw of this so called tea party character began to fall off, the management would craft some sort of story to allow him to assume a new persona. They have done it before. The management of this farcical form of "entertainment" are whores who will pander to the lowest sorts of impulses for a payday. All we have here is a performer who got in a car stoned. Nothing to see - move along.

aboutime
02-21-2013, 04:25 PM
WWE? Seriously? Wrestling? Wrestlers? Advertised as Entertainment?

It's the square circle on TV, that equals NASCAR where everybody watches hours of LEFT TURNS, waiting for the accidents.

gabosaurus
02-21-2013, 06:00 PM
I think this is pretty awesome myself. :laugh:

We already have a fake Tea Party rock star (Ted Nugent). Why not have a fake tea party wrestler?
Besides, from what I have read about the tea party wrestler, his "views" are pretty spot on. :laugh:

Missileman
02-21-2013, 07:19 PM
Besides, from what I have read about the tea party wrestler, his "views" are pretty spot on. :laugh:

A view you now share with a few hundred thousand 10-year-olds...aren't you special!

02-21-2013, 07:45 PM
I think this is pretty awesome myself.

We already have a fake Tea Party rock star (Ted Nugent). Why not have a fake tea party wrestler?

You mean spot on with your lies about the Tea Party. With reality, not so much.

aboutime
02-21-2013, 08:03 PM
A view you now share with a few hundred thousand 10-year-olds...aren't you special!

Missileman. :) You should now apologize to 10 year old's for such an insult. We all know they are much smarter than gabby. Despite the bragging below her name.

Missileman
02-21-2013, 08:17 PM
Missileman. :) You should now apologize to 10 year old's for such an insult. We all know they are much smarter than gabby. Despite the bragging below her name.

Gabby is, without a doubt, highly intelligent. Occasional displays of lack of common sense and steadfast reliance on lame-stream media as information sources detract from the certainty.