PDA

View Full Version : My faith in my fellow man...

Marcus Aurelius
02-21-2013, 10:28 PM
... is somewhat restored today.

I ran out of gas, ironically, on my way to get gas. I had my flashers on, stayed in the far right of the lane, and started to push (from the drivers door so I could steer) my 3,400 pound Ford Taurus the hundred yards or so to the gas station. It was level so there was that I suppose.

Out of nowhere, a young man got behind the car and started pushing it with me. We got about 20 yards from the winding driveway to the station (an additional 20 yards or so), and another man joined in the pushing, and we easily maneuvered the car to the pumps.

I turned around to thank them and they had already started to leave. I shouted my thanks, and they just smiled and waved. Didn't even let my buy them a cup of coffee (was about 30 degrees at the time today).

aboutime
02-21-2013, 10:32 PM
Marcus. Glad you had that experience. Not for running out of gas, but for that faith again.

Privately. I do believe. We all know there are millions of Americans out there who would do the same thing.

It does restore some faith in all of us that NOT ALL IS TOTALLY LOST.

Thanks for sharing it.

Marcus Aurelius
02-21-2013, 10:56 PM
Marcus. Glad you had that experience. Not for running out of gas, but for that faith again.

Privately. I do believe. We all know there are millions of Americans out there who would do the same thing.

It does restore some faith in all of us that NOT ALL IS TOTALLY LOST.

Thanks for sharing it.

I do things like that myself when the occasion presents itself. I once stopped and changed the tire on an SUV for a fairly distraught looking woman. She tried to give me money, but I just told her to pay it forward (yes, like the movie).

If you do good works, good will happen to you.

02-22-2013, 02:07 AM
I would like to think I would do that. I dont know that I would. Not from a lack of desire but by the time i notice someone needs help on the road they are like a quarter mile back.

Marcus Aurelius
02-22-2013, 08:04 AM
I would like to think I would do that. I dont know that I would. Not from a lack of desire but by the time i notice someone needs help on the road they are like a quarter mile back.

personal safety is always a concern as well. That's why it a 'when conditions permit' sort of thing with me.