PDA

View Full Version : Cardinal Timothy Dolan

jimnyc
02-23-2013, 01:43 PM
There have been a few snippets here and there that he may be in the discussion for the next Pope. I of course think it would be cool because he would be from NY. I'd probably be just as proud if the next Pope came from anywhere in the States, and of course will ultimately be happy with whoever they choose.

Thoughts about Dolan? On who else you think may be next?

WiccanLiberal
02-23-2013, 04:10 PM
I think, based on precedent, they are more likely to go with Italian or at least European. The oddsmakers are still giving Bono 1000:1 and their current favorite is from Ghana.

aboutime
02-23-2013, 04:53 PM
Though I agree. It would be interesting if the next pope came from the U.S. I seriously doubt the rest of the World would agree.

Never can tell what those Cardinals, or Bishops might decide. White Smoke, or Black Smoke....Nobody knows.

gabosaurus
02-23-2013, 05:22 PM
If the Catholic Church had any sense, the next pope would be from South America. Since that is where the most fervent Catholic supporters are now.
Vatican insiders believe that a pope will never be chosen from a "power country" (i.e. the U.S. or another Western power). I am thinking the next pope will be either Italian or from Eastern Europe.

Voted4Reagan
02-23-2013, 05:50 PM
If the Catholic Church had any sense, the next pope would be from South America. Since that is where the most fervent Catholic supporters are now.
Vatican insiders believe that a pope will never be chosen from a "power country" (i.e. the U.S. or another Western power). I am thinking the next pope will be either Italian or from Eastern Europe.

seeing my Godfather knows Cardinal Dolan and Cardinal O'Connor when he was with us, I can assure you he has no interest in assuming the Papacy.

You would do best Gabby to keep your non-intellectual Anti-Catholic hatreds to yourself..

Your Intolerance for us is duly noted.

aboutime
02-23-2013, 06:03 PM

Gabby. If you had any sense. You would have chosen to keep your idea's, and opinions to yourself. But then. Based on how your past here has been a checkered one. Nobody is surprised that you are once again, exposing your ignorance.

Robert A Whit
02-23-2013, 07:12 PM
Opinions noted.

gabosaurus
02-24-2013, 12:50 AM
You would do best Gabby to keep your non-intellectual Anti-Catholic hatreds to yourself..

Your Intolerance for us is duly noted.

So it is OK to spew non-intellectual anti-Muslim hatred, but not OK to spew non-intellectual anti-Catholic hatred?

Were you a cloistered altar boy by any chance?

Robert A Whit
02-24-2013, 04:28 AM

Voted4Reagan
02-24-2013, 07:16 AM
So it is OK to spew non-intellectual anti-Muslim hatred, but not OK to spew non-intellectual anti-Catholic hatred?

Link please....

go right ahead...

show me

Voted4Reagan
02-24-2013, 08:01 AM

Yes, I was an Altar Boy when I was young and if you had any knowledge of the church you would know that only Catholic NUNS and MONKS are CLOISTERED.

Not Altar boys, as they are just volunteers from the Congregation and not full members of the clergy.

Your level of fail continues to rise. Your statement makes no sense...

Robert A Whit
02-24-2013, 09:04 PM
Deacons in my church do the chores of Altar Boys I suspect.

gabosaurus
02-24-2013, 09:20 PM
Robert, did you ever get "extra attention" from your priest? That happens a lot in Catholic Church. More so past than present.

Robert A Whit
02-25-2013, 04:49 PM
Robert, did you ever get "extra attention" from your priest? That happens a lot in Catholic Church. More so past than present.

I am a Priest in the church and suppose you actually mean from a Bishop.

No, never has happened. Why, does your priest give you special attention?

Voted4Reagan
02-25-2013, 04:55 PM
I am a Priest in the church and suppose you actually mean from a Bishop.

No, never has happened. Why, does your priest give you special attention?

We all know Gabby gets "NUN" at home.

Robert A Whit
02-25-2013, 04:57 PM
I started in the church as a young guy as a deacon. At all times, those older than me at church were very respectful and at no time approached in any disrespectful the boys.

Sundays we handled setting up the table that had the cups of water (no drinking wine in church) and put bits of bread in other paper cups. I honestly can't recollect if we also went up and down the aisles passing it out. I think we also did that.

As I got older, I passed up the ranks to be a Priest. I should be an Elder had I kept attending church.

In my church experience in the boy scouts, a guy who was older than me was a homosexual and i was not aware of it till he asked me to sleep at his home where he tried to make a move.

I shut that down and never had contact with him again other than during scouts meetings.

I admit that on one weekend camping trip me and another scout peed in water and he wanted water and we handed it to him. This homosexual had gone with us for a merit badge. Since the water came from a stream, he did not know we peed in his water.

tailfins
02-25-2013, 04:58 PM
There have been a few snippets here and there that he may be in the discussion for the next Pope. I of course think it would be cool because he would be from NY. I'd probably be just as proud if the next Pope came from anywhere in the States, and of course will ultimately be happy with whoever they choose.

Thoughts about Dolan? On who else you think may be next?

If they want cooperation from Fundamentalist non-Catholics, they will choose a social conservative.

Kathianne
02-25-2013, 05:58 PM
If they want cooperation from Fundamentalist non-Catholics, they will choose a social conservative.

Indeed, they should consider those that teach their children to import wives. That's the ticket to success!

Actually I've been reading that the Church needs a strong fiscal conservative and manager. There has been too long a period of 'weak popes' since JPII became ill, which was nearly as long as my mom was ill. Benedict's term has been plagued with scandal, though it seems he was insulated from what was going on by the bureaucrats, which is why they'd just love a token leader. Hopefully the Cardinals will chose a strong leader.

As far as 'social conservatives' I doubt you're going to find a pope that thinks that the poor need to pull themselves up by their bootstraps or that the naked shouldn't be clothed, or those imprisoned shouldn't find comfort, etc., etc., etc.

hjmick
02-25-2013, 06:19 PM
I don't know... Timothy Dalton was okay as James Bond, but Pope?

Wait... What?

Ooooh... Dolan...

Nevermind...

02-26-2013, 11:47 PM
Eh. I dont think it really matters to me. Im not Catholic. They could pick anyone and it wouldn't affect me. How about Jimnyc for Pope?

Let God's will be done.

02-26-2013, 11:47 PM
I started in the church as a young guy as a deacon. At all times, those older than me at church were very respectful and at no time approached in any disrespectful the boys.

Sundays we handled setting up the table that had the cups of water (no drinking wine in church) and put bits of bread in other paper cups. I honestly can't recollect if we also went up and down the aisles passing it out. I think we also did that.

As I got older, I passed up the ranks to be a Priest. I should be an Elder had I kept attending church.

In my church experience in the boy scouts, a guy who was older than me was a homosexual and i was not aware of it till he asked me to sleep at his home where he tried to make a move.

I shut that down and never had contact with him again other than during scouts meetings.

I admit that on one weekend camping trip me and another scout peed in water and he wanted water and we handed it to him. This homosexual had gone with us for a merit badge. Since the water came from a stream, he did not know we peed in his water.

You still can be an Elder. Go back.

02-26-2013, 11:48 PM
I don't know... Timothy Dalton was okay as James Bond, but Pope?

Wait... What?

Ooooh... Dolan...

Nevermind...

I dont think Bond could do the vow of celibecy thing. Course Pope could change things.

hjmick
02-27-2013, 07:17 PM
I dont think Bond could do the vow of celibecy thing. Course Pope could change things.

I take it you have not watched The Borgias?

02-28-2013, 12:27 AM
I take it you have not watched The Borgias?

No. sure haven't.