PDA

View Full Version : Vital book to read

Robert A Whit
02-23-2013, 03:27 PM
The link to the site appears to be broken so I copied what you need to find it.

It is on booktv.org (http://booktv.org/)

"Becoming Europe: Economic Decline, Culture, and How America Can Avoid a European Future"

Samuel Gregg

About the Program

Samuel Gregg argues that if our elected leaders don’t find the courage to reform the economy and government spending soon, the U.S. could find itself in the same terrible economic situation as many European countries do today. He spoke at the Heritage Foundation in Washington, DC.
About the Authors

Samuel Gregg

Samuel Gregg is director of research at the Acton Institute. His work has appeared in National Review, The American Spectator, and other outlets. Mr. Gregg is the author of "On Ordered Liberty" and "The Commercial Society."

jimnyc
02-23-2013, 04:00 PM
Site works for me, I made your link clickable.

Robert A Whit
02-23-2013, 04:12 PM
Jim, Book TV worked fine for me too. What I could not get to work is the video lecture site.

Any chance you can get the site on Book TV to work too?

I prefer the video of the man speaking. Thanks.

This is the video title.

Becoming Europe

jimnyc
02-23-2013, 04:17 PM
Jim, Book TV worked fine for me too. What I could not get to work is the video lecture site.

Any chance you can get the site on Book TV to work too?

I prefer the video of the man speaking. Thanks.

This is the video title.

Becoming Europe

Can't embed it, but anyone can go to the below link and then click on "Watch this program on the right" No?

http://booktv.org/Program/14285/Becoming+Europe+Economic+Decline+Culture+and+How+A merica+Can+Avoid+a+European+Future.aspx

Robert A Whit
02-23-2013, 04:37 PM
My bad. I knew how to link that site. Thanks Jim.

I listened on TV to the mans entire presentation and it is one of the best, maybe the best I have ever watched to explain what is going on.

Also he blasts England's socialized health care.

The author is from England and also speaks a lot on what is going on in Germany.

Well worth watching.

His book and talk is a huge wake up call to America since he fears we are headed down the wrong road.