PDA

View Full Version : My daughter has been kidnapped by Muslims

gabosaurus
02-23-2013, 05:15 PM
Well, not exactly. The Pakistani couple that lives next to us has a daughter who plays violin. She is playing this weekend in the Bay Area and in Sacramento. My daughter went to accompany her on piano.
My husband was kind of dubious, but I thought it would be a good opportunity to have our daughter exposed to different cultures. :cool:

jimnyc
02-23-2013, 06:14 PM
She'll be sold off for marriage by dinner time! :lol:

jimnyc
02-23-2013, 06:15 PM
In reality, I think it's good that you have her exposed to the world as a whole and don't keep her isolated. She will figure out what she wants to do with life as she gets older, as parents it is our jobs to give them opportunity.

aboutime
02-23-2013, 06:17 PM
Gabby. Talk to your husband, and get him to SELL YOU to the Muslims. If they will have you. What price...up to you.

Robert A Whit
02-23-2013, 06:53 PM
Well, not exactly. The Pakistani couple that lives next to us has a daughter who plays violin. She is playing this weekend in the Bay Area and in Sacramento. My daughter went to accompany her on piano.
My husband was kind of dubious, but I thought it would be a good opportunity to have our daughter exposed to different cultures. :cool:

It is the Pakistiani girl being exposed to culture in California at those two areas. I am not sure that in Pakistan they play violins. I expect their instruments are from India.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-23-2013, 07:57 PM
Gabby. Talk to your husband, and get him to SELL YOU to the Muslims. If they will have you. What price...up to you.

They'd pay a buck and a quarter if she brings her car. --:laugh2:
The re-education process would then break 'em...:laugh:

gabosaurus
02-24-2013, 12:44 AM
It is the Pakistiani girl being exposed to culture in California at those two areas. I am not sure that in Pakistan they play violins. I expect their instruments are from India.

Considering that all of their kids have been born and raised in the U.S., they are probably American than you are.
And why would they play instruments from India? Have you been dipping snuff again? :p

Kathianne
02-24-2013, 02:22 AM

Why was your husband, 'dubious?' Because he thought violin and piano would clash? I'm confused...

Kathianne
02-24-2013, 02:23 AM
In reality, I think it's good that you have her exposed to the world as a whole and don't keep her isolated. She will figure out what she wants to do with life as she gets older, as parents it is our jobs to give them opportunity.

So, we are discussing how two string instruments present a problem?

Robert A Whit
02-24-2013, 03:43 AM
Considering that all of their kids have been born and raised in the U.S., they are probably American than you are.
And why would they play instruments from India? Have you been dipping snuff again? :p

So sorry. Apparently is is your kid being exposed to American culture then. (snorting):laugh:

Moons ago, I did smoke cigars and pipes. No snuff though. That bad habit ended in 1986.

Kathianne
02-24-2013, 03:55 AM
So sorry. Apparently is is your kid being exposed to American culture then. (snorting):laugh:

Moons ago, I did smoke cigars and pipes. No snuff though. That bad habit ended in 1986.

Other than your making an obvious tell that you are older than dirt, your point? (BTW, I could care less about your age, it is YOU repetitively making a point of it.)

Robert A Whit
02-24-2013, 04:30 AM
Other than your making an obvious tell that you are older than dirt, your point? (BTW, I could care less about your age, it is YOU repetitively making a point of it.)

You best hope you get to my age.

Why the hell must you constantly pick fights with me?

Stop doing it. You will feel so much better that you quit.

Kathianne
02-24-2013, 04:34 AM
You best hope you get to my age.

Why the hell must you constantly pick fights with me?

Stop doing it. You will feel so much better that you quit.

Here's the deal, Bobby. You vacillate between trying to be the old guru and the savvy oldster. You're failing at both. You might pick one and stick with it, but then again, you probably won't. Your problem, not mine.

Robert A Whit
02-24-2013, 04:49 AM
Here's the deal, Bobby. You vacillate between trying to be the old guru and the savvy oldster. You're failing at both. You might pick one and stick with it, but then again, you probably won't. Your problem, not mine.

My God, you simply refuse to stop.

I am who I am. I am well versed on a good number of things. Very ignorant on so many otehrs I can't list all the topics I suck at. But I do suck at some topics.

I have the good sense to try to stay out of topics like that and see if I can learn.

But you stagger in here and actually pick fights with me.

What do you get out of picking fights? Huh Kathianne?

Has it done you any good so far?

You called me a luddite for one reason alone. You were presented a fine youtube on a modern car and you called me names.

What for?

I am so pro machine you should be ashamed you leaped to that conclusion.

Kathianne
02-24-2013, 04:55 AM
My God, you simply refuse to stop.

I am who I am. I am well versed on a good number of things. Very ignorant on so many otehrs I can't list all the topics I suck at. But I do suck at some topics.

I have the good sense to try to stay out of topics like that and see if I can learn.

But you stagger in here and actually pick fights with me.

What do you get out of picking fights? Huh Kathianne?

Has it done you any good so far?

You called me a luddite for one reason alone. You were presented a fine youtube on a modern car and you called me names.

What for?

I am so pro machine you should be ashamed you leaped to that conclusion.

Robert, the 'adult' persona. Read what you wrote, yes it's a bit incoherent, but you'll probably understand your own babblings. Then consider previous posts directed at you. We are hoping you really can read and learn.

Robert A Whit
02-24-2013, 06:14 AM
Robert, the 'adult' persona. Read what you wrote, yes it's a bit incoherent, but you'll probably understand your own babblings. Then consider previous posts directed at you. We are hoping you really can read and learn.

YOU persist in picking fights by talking that way. I believe I was very coherent. If you think it was not, ask others. They understand.

So, why won't you stop picking fights? Even the above is more bait by you.

For your information, a good many of your posts are very incoherent. At times it is like you post in code.

Lets do this in language even you will understand.

Stop picking fights.

tailfins
02-24-2013, 08:57 AM

I encourage my kids to learn any non-feminist ideology/culture they can. Getting my wife and sons to speak proper Portuguese (what's spoken in our home) is quite a challenge.

gabosaurus
02-24-2013, 12:12 PM
Why was your husband, 'dubious?' Because he thought violin and piano would clash? I'm confused...

He likes the people next door. But he doesn't know them as well as I do and was rather hesitant about allowing our daughter to spend the weekend with them. But he came around.

I encourage my kids to learn any non-feminist ideology/culture they can. Getting my wife and sons to speak proper Portuguese (what's spoken in our home) is quite a challenge.

You people are living in an English speaking country. You should be speaking English!!
Next thing you know, you will be demanding other concessions. I don't want to dial a company and have to sit through a message that says "Dial 1 for English and 2 for Portuguese."
Dang Brazilians, always wanting special favors! :rolleyes:

And sorry Robert, but being old as dirt doesn't make you wise. It make you appear senile.

Marcus Aurelius
02-24-2013, 02:05 PM

He'd have to pay them.

Marcus Aurelius
02-24-2013, 02:07 PM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by tailfins http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=619497#post619497)

You people are living in an English speaking country. You should be speaking English!!
Next thing you know, you will be demanding other concessions. I don't want to dial a company and have to sit through a message that says "Dial 1 for English and 2 for Portuguese."

And sorry Robert, but being old as dirt doesn't make you wise. It make you appear senile.

Why do you give a shit what they speak in their own home? Did he say that was ALL they speak, ever, even outside the home?

Being bilingual is a good thing.

Robert A Whit
02-24-2013, 02:54 PM
He likes the people next door. But he doesn't know them as well as I do and was rather hesitant about allowing our daughter to spend the weekend with them. But he came around.

Does it? So, now you want us to believe that you are some sort of doctor?

Maybe you will die before you get as old as dirt. It is an honor for me to have joined those who have experienced far more, yes, making us wiser, than people of your age. Senile you cliam
You told me you are 29. Does that seem as if I am senile?