PDA

View Full Version : Texas man, 21, fatally shoots intruder during home invasion

Marcus Aurelius
02-24-2013, 02:06 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/02/23/houston-man-21-shoots-intruder-during-home-invasion/?test=latestnews

A 21-year-old Texas man is being credited with protecting his family when he retreated into his family’s bedroom, retrieved a gun and fatally shot one of three intruders who forcefully entered his home, KHOU.com reported.

No charges are expected to be filed against the son.

Both as they should be.

Kathianne
02-24-2013, 02:20 AM
When seconds count, the police are minutes away...

Robert A Whit
02-24-2013, 04:31 AM

Voted4Reagan
02-24-2013, 08:08 AM
Justice is swift in Texas

aboutime
02-24-2013, 08:48 PM
At a time when there seems to be a constant stream of intentional bad news.

It's good to finally hear about someone's success, and good results for a change.

gabosaurus
02-24-2013, 09:22 PM

No content to merely read a thread without replying somehow?
And you think I never have anything worthy to say... :rolleyes:

Marcus Aurelius
02-24-2013, 10:46 PM
No content to merely read a thread without replying somehow?
And you think I never have anything worthy to say... :rolleyes:

And the fact you failed to actually comment on the subject of the thread proves it.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-25-2013, 12:15 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/02/23/houston-man-21-shoots-intruder-during-home-invasion/?test=latestnews

Both as they should be.

Too damn bad that he didn't get all three of them...-Tyr

jafar00
02-25-2013, 05:48 AM
Don't let us rational gun control advocates get in the way of your perceived right to kill anyone you don't like.

fj1200
02-25-2013, 07:58 AM
Don't let us rational gun control advocates get in the way of your perceived right to kill anyone you don't like.

The last part of your statement shows the lie of the first part of your statement. :slap:

Marcus Aurelius
02-25-2013, 08:14 AM

I don't like you, yet I have no desire to shoot you.
However, were you to break into my home, all bets are off, Jahil.

Just because you'd let your wife be raped or murdered rather than risk injury to an intruder, doesn't mean sane and rational people agree with you.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-25-2013, 08:30 AM

Don't worry we won't.. My right to kill to protect myself, my family, my property shall remain despite any law made by anybody.

"rational gun control advocate" , isn't that like saying " goodhearted and kind child molester"?:laugh2:

Why yes , I believe it is.;)--Tyr

mundame
02-25-2013, 09:32 AM
Too damn bad that he didn't get all three of them...-Tyr

It is too bad! I wonder why he didn't. If they took off running down the driveway it would have been illegal to shoot them, maybe that's what happened. In general, I would think it would be best to shoot everyone in a home invasion, suppose the survivors came back!

tailfins
02-25-2013, 10:10 AM

You can do better than such shallow hyperbole.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-25-2013, 10:36 AM
It is too bad! I wonder why he didn't. If they took off running down the driveway it would have been illegal to shoot them, maybe that's what happened. In general, I would think it would be best to shoot everyone in a home invasion, suppose the survivors came back!

Three of them break into my home all three will be shot down like the dogs that they are. F- what the cops have to say about.

As long as -WE ALL - are alive to debate the issue it's all good!!

Dead bastards aren't my problem except how to get them hauled away, call the cops. Problem solved.--Tyr

gabosaurus
02-25-2013, 11:30 AM
And the fact you failed to actually comment on the subject of the thread proves it.

What is there to say? Stories like this are commonplace in Texas. You can shoot anyone for any reason and get away with it.

mundame
02-25-2013, 11:33 AM
What is there to say? Stories like this are commonplace in Texas. You can shoot anyone for any reason and get away with it.

So..........if three men broke into your home while you were there, what would you do?

What do you think this young man should have done?

gabosaurus
02-25-2013, 11:38 AM
So..........if three men broke into your home while you were there, what would you do?

What do you think this young man should have done?

I would have done no different. I have a gun and know how to use it.
I am just saying that this story is not news.

mundame
02-25-2013, 11:42 AM
I still think he should have shot all three. Inefficient.

But not if they were running down the driveway. Once they get outside your house, the legal position becomes a problem.

tailfins
02-25-2013, 11:52 AM

But not if they were running down the driveway. Once they get outside your house, the legal position becomes a problem.

Not a legal problem in Florida.

gabosaurus
02-25-2013, 11:59 AM

A legal problem in California. Not a legal problem in Texas, where you can defend yourself anywhere on your property.

Robert A Whit
02-25-2013, 01:11 PM
I don't know all that much about the fine points of TX law on this issue but were I to be forced to shoot in self defense, I would try to assess the actual danger to me and pick off the most dangerous person and if the rest ran, call 911. The guy I shot ought to help the cops find the others who came in.

Even if the law says you can, don't just shoot for the hell of it. Do it within reason.

logroller
02-25-2013, 01:27 PM
Do you perceive unguided rockets launched indeterminately towards population centers of people you don't like rational?

you shoot to kill, yes. But the decision to take a life should be contingent upon an immediate threat to one's own.

Then explain texas's high number of capital murders executions.

I would have done no different. I have a gun and know how to use it.
I am just saying that this story is not news.
If it bleeds it leads. So unless by "news" you actually mean, fits a narrative necessary to the furtherance of an agenda, it is news.

Drummond
02-25-2013, 02:38 PM

You count yourself as being a rational gun control advocate ?

Tell me, are you an advocate of control over the use of arms as exercised by terrorists ? If so .. who does the controlling ? And to what extent would you withdraw support for terrorists not caring to be 'controlled' ?

YOU ARE A SELF-CONFESSED SUPPORTER OF HAMAS. Hamas, claiming their PERCEIVED RIGHT TO KILL THOSE THEY DON'T LIKE, have fired literally THOUSANDS of rockets into Israeli territory, and have not shown the slightest inclination to give up doing so on any permanent basis. Since this is so, Israel takes what actions she sees as necessary to stop such aggressions. Or, to put it another way ... Israel is an advocate of rational TERRORIST control. To curb, or stamp out altogether, the murder and maiming committed by the use of otherwise uncontrolled use of weaponry.

Therefore, Jafar ... to be consistent, your course of action seems clear. Support those who would apply weapons-control over terrorists such as Hamas, and absolutely do NOT support the terrorists standing in defiance of such controls.

You should, therefore, withdraw support of Hamas, and begin supporting Israel.

I take it, if you want to be consistent, that we have a deal !!

Well, DON'T WE, Jafar ?

mundame
02-25-2013, 02:41 PM
The guy I shot ought to help the cops find the others who came in.

Any guy I shot would NOT be able to help the cops with much of anything.....................

mundame
02-25-2013, 02:42 PM
You count yourself as being a rational gun control advocate ?

Tell me, are you an advocate of control over the use of arms as exercised by terrorists ? If so .. who does the controlling ? And to what extent would you withdraw support for terrorists not caring to be 'controlled' ?

YOU ARE A SELF-CONFESSED SUPPORTER OF HAMAS. Hamas, claiming their PERCEIVED RIGHT TO KILL THOSE THEY DON'T LIKE, have fired literally THOUSANDS of rockets into Israeli territory, and have not shown the slightest inclination to give up doing so on any permanent basis. Since this is so, Israel takes what actions she sees as necessary to stop such aggressions. Or, to put it another way ... Israel is an advocate of rational TERRORIST control. To curb, or stamp out altogether, the murder and maiming committed by the use of otherwise uncontrolled use of weaponry.

Therefore, Jafar ... to be consistent, your course of action seems clear. Support those who would apply weapons-control over terrorists such as Hamas, and absolutely do NOT support the terrorists standing in defiance of such controls.

You should, therefore, withdraw support of Hamas, and begin supporting Israel.

I take it, if you want to be consistent, that we have a deal !!

Well, DON'T WE, Jafar ?

I don't know why you try to have a discussion with an enemy, Drummond. Enemies aren't for persuading.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-25-2013, 02:46 PM
Any guy I shot would NOT be able to help the cops with much of anything.....................

If I decide to shot an intruder you can bet your life it will be to kill and kill it will be. Range that close two taps to the chest -center mass- and one tap to the head. I've done it on targets hundreds of times. I don't miss... dead sucker broke into the wrong home. The home of a true American.-Tyr