PDA

View Full Version : Toning it down - Part 2

jimnyc
05-30-2007, 03:07 PM
If you're reading this, and haven't read the board rules yet, please do. - Board Rules (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=3487)

If you read the board rules already, please read them again. - Board Rules (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=3487)

Please don't cry 'censorship' when your posts condemning staff, or board decisions, are deleted. Please don't claim 'bias' and 'unfair' when you receive a temp-ban. Please don't claim we are seeking any particular style board here because someone gets warned or banned. They are receiving this because of a failure to follow the rules, BY THEIR OWN ACTIONS.

Half of you get pissed and claim people get away with too much, from both sides. The other half think I'm too harsh with what I want on the board. Other than illegal content or the before mentioned condemnations, there is nothing exempt from the board. I simply ask that everyone remain as mature and civil as possible. How this can be seen as restrictive is beyond me.

I will not tolerate members condemning staff, policy or board decisions publicly. 75% of bans are because of this, and probably 75% of those are repeat violators. It's real simple, my policy on this is not changing. It is not good for the board. It serves no purpose. It creates an inappropriate atmosphere and encourages others to repeat the behavior. We are all supposed to be adults here. This should be a simple concept for adults. My idea of "free speech" for the board has to do with voicing our opinions on today's hot topics, not on whether or not members have the ability to trash the board or staff.

If you don't understand what I'm trying to say here, read this - Board Rules (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=3487)

TheSage
05-30-2007, 03:18 PM
The steel cage was a good idea. That's not a condemnation.

jimnyc
05-30-2007, 03:21 PM
The steel cage was a good idea. That's not a condemnation.

And I'll go back to that when I see the board can handle it in a better manner. I stated when I closed it from new threads that it was only temporary. But I'm not going to openly ask for chaos. As an added ability to vent a little and have some fun, yeah, but it was turning into 'vulgar alley' and creating more problems than it was worth.

TheSage
05-30-2007, 03:30 PM
And I'll go back to that when I see the board can handle it in a better manner. I stated when I closed it from new threads that it was only temporary. But I'm not going to openly ask for chaos. As an added ability to vent a little and have some fun, yeah, but it was turning into 'vulgar alley' and creating more problems than it was worth.

that's cool. Now can you just put Darin on a leash?

jimnyc
05-30-2007, 03:35 PM
that's cool. Now can you just put Darin on a leash?

Chill with the comments, please? Whether you like him or not doesn't change the fact that he is the admin here. I have no problem overriding the decision of any staff member, and I've been known to do it before. I haven't reversed anything lately because I stand behind the actions staff has taken. The things I see being done are specifically the things I have asked of them. They have handled a large amount of reported posts and donated plenty of time to help keep things going around here. Nobody likes the guy who has to take a stance and make the decisions. Darin gets the same heat that I do, because he has to pull the plug at times and make decisions he thinks are best for the board. If there is a problem or question about his actions, the best thing to do is PM me, not air it out on the board.

jimnyc
05-30-2007, 03:35 PM
BTW - Thread is being closed. All is said that needs to be said. Any concerns or questions can be sent to me via PM.