PDA

View Full Version : Another "assertive" young lady

tailfins
02-25-2013, 10:16 AM
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/national_world&id=9004467

gabosaurus
02-25-2013, 11:29 AM
I will file this away with the stories of the Brazilian teens looking to sell their virginity because they can't get a job and need money. :rolleyes:

mundame
02-25-2013, 11:29 AM
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/national_world&id=9004467

What, you think she should just have let him steal her stuff? Just suck it up because he's stronger and meaner?

Good for her, poke him again with the knife.

There needs to be better enforcement of law and order in these schools. I bet she knew it was up to her to defend herself or nobody and nothing would have defended her from continual male persecution.

Bastards.

gabosaurus
02-25-2013, 11:37 AM
What, you think she should just have let him steal her stuff? Just suck it up because he's stronger and meaner?

There needs to be better enforcement of law and order in these schools. I bet she knew it was up to her to defend herself or nobody and nothing would have defended her from continual male persecution.

Bastards.

Absolutely. That is why I advocate self-defense courses for women of all ages. Not the pansy stuff from the YMCA. Real street savvy self defense that emphasizes pressure points and weak spots that everyone has. All women should have solid fingernails, at least one sharp edge ring and strong tipped shoes.
I have taken a couple of these classes. So has my daughter. Mess with us and learn the meaning of pain. :p

mundame
02-25-2013, 11:40 AM
Absolutely. That is why I advocate self-defense courses for women of all ages. Not the pansy stuff from the YMCA. Real street savvy self defense that emphasizes pressure points and weak spots that everyone has. All women should have solid fingernails, at least one sharp edge ring and strong tipped shoes.
I have taken a couple of these classes. So has my daughter. Mess with us and learn the meaning of pain. :p

I entirely agree. I think all women should know martial arts WELL. Criminal abusive men are usually too stupid to manage the discipline and learning those studies require, so women have the edge if they train.

tailfins
02-25-2013, 11:49 AM

Bastards.

The boy should have been charged with petit theft and perhaps pay punitive restitution on the order of $50 or so.

gabosaurus
02-25-2013, 11:50 AM
I entirely agree. I think all women should know martial arts WELL. Criminal abusive men are usually too stupid to manage the discipline and learning those studies require, so women have the edge if they train.

Too many "experts" tell women to go along with the demands of potential rapists and kidnappers, to avoid being killed.
I say that, if they wanted just to kill you, they would do a drive by.
Abusive and controlling men need to be dealt with in the firmest way possible. Never be a willing partner to violence.
The best way to deal with an attacker is to leave a mark or scar that can be identified. Fingernails scratched across the face or other parts of the body are good sources of DNA.
If you are attacked, the best way to defend yourself is find a way to kick or punch the attacker just below the kneecaps, directly in the groin, the chest area just above the breast bone or the side of the head just above the ear.

tailfins
02-25-2013, 11:51 AM
Too many "experts" tell women to go along with the demands of potential rapists and kidnappers, to avoid being killed.
I say that, if they wanted just to kill you, they would do a drive by.
Abusive and controlling men need to be dealt with in the firmest way possible. Never be a willing partner to violence.
The best way to deal with an attacker is to leave a mark or scar that can be identified. Fingernails scratched across the face or other parts of the body are good sources of DNA.
If you are attacked, the best way to defend yourself is find a way to kick or punch the attacker just below the kneecaps, directly in the groin, the chest area just above the breast bone or the side of the head just above the ear.

Your response is silly comparing a low grade misdemeanor with a gross felony. Actually, the boy gets the last laugh watching the girl go through life as a convicted felon.

jimnyc
02-25-2013, 12:37 PM
Damn, you ladies are brutal! If we have a get together, remind me to not reach for a few fries! All about gun control, but you guys are ready to cut me open over a bag of chips? :slap:

cadet
02-25-2013, 12:53 PM

Feminazi...

Men should all know how to wrestle and lift. That way they can out muscle a crazy girl with a knife or one that knows martial arts! Without actually hitting.

My school has all these self defense courses for women, and I have two things to say to that.
1. Nothing like that has EVER happened here.
2. There's like... a 1-7 ratio girls to guys. There's not a lot...

Makes me scared shitless. The few girls i do know here feel the need to show off their skills of kicking in the balls. Makes me less afraid to man-handle. And a little afraid of them going insane. I swear, all these self defense classes have them freaking out over nothing. I almost got punched in the throat for saying hi once.

tailfins
02-25-2013, 01:01 PM
Feminazi...

Men should all know how to wrestle and lift. That way they can out muscle a crazy girl with a knife or one that knows martial arts! Without actually hitting.

My school has all these self defense courses for women, and I have two things to say to that.

Makes me scared shirtless. The few girls i do know here feel the need to show off their skills of kicking in the balls. Makes me less afraid to man-handle. And a little afraid of them going insane. I swear, all these self defense classes have them freaking out over nothing. I almost got punched in the throat for saying hi once.

You can hurt 'em lots more by making them into convicted felons than anything you could do physically. I laugh at all this equating violence with assertiveness. My wife is highly submissive, but recently broke up a fight between two men. A few days later, that neighbor apologized and thanked my wife because she stopped his misdemeanor charge from being a felony. Being willing and able to stop violence has nothing to do with being submissive.

tailfins
02-25-2013, 01:30 PM
I will file this away with the stories of the Brazilian teens looking to sell their virginity because they can't get a job and need money. :rolleyes:

And the Southerners call the Indigenous and Caboclos "uncivilized". How much do you want to bet those teens were from Rio or Sao Paulo?

mundame
02-25-2013, 02:27 PM
Damn, you ladies are brutal! If we have a get together, remind me to not reach for a few fries! All about gun control, but you guys are ready to cut me open over a bag of chips? :slap:

Dat's wight, wabbit. Keep your paws off the French fries. :laugh2:

mundame
02-25-2013, 02:30 PM
Feminazi...

Makes me scared shitless. The few girls i do know here feel the need to show off their skills of kicking in the balls. Makes me less afraid to man-handle. And a little afraid of them going insane. I swear, all these self defense classes have them freaking out over nothing. I almost got punched in the throat for saying hi once.

Good. You sound very violent. I sure don't like that in a man. What good is a man who manhandles women?

None at all.

The Air Force is infamous for gross sexual abuse of women. That needs to change.

Robert A Whit
02-25-2013, 02:40 PM
Well ladies, most of you sound too violent to me. A woman owes it to herself and her family to learn some skill to help her defend herself. Maybe a snub nose 38 in her purse will do the job.

if she aims it right, the perp will more than likely run like hell.

mundame
02-25-2013, 02:44 PM
Well ladies, most of you sound too violent to me. A woman owes it to herself and her family to learn some skill to help her defend herself. Maybe a snub nose 38 in her purse will do the job.

if she aims it right, the perp will more than likely run like hell.

I already carry a cell phone and an iPad in my purse. If I have to carry a .38 special too, I'll have to get a shoulder bag.

Robert A Whit
02-25-2013, 02:49 PM
I already carry a cell phone and an iPad in my purse. If I have to carry a .38 special too, I'll have to get a shoulder bag.

It might do to have one carved out of balsa wood and correctly colored. (very light weight) The dude, I suspect would not hang around long enough to see if it is real or fake. Maybe out of plastic to have it last a long time. But how hard is it to kick the guy in his privates? I think the man more than likely wants the element of surprise so she may have a hard time defending herself unless trained for that event.

jimnyc
02-25-2013, 03:05 PM
Dat's wight, wabbit. Keep your paws off the French fries. :laugh2:

I can almost understand, if they were McDonald's or BK fries, but a bag of chips? Not even Pringles?

mundame
02-25-2013, 03:27 PM
She said she was just sort of poking him with that knife....

What, he can take her potato chips but he can't take a poke?

Men are always wanting to poke women with their pokerizers --- I guess we're supposed to just put up with that, huh.

mundame
02-25-2013, 03:28 PM
It might do to have one carved out of balsa wood and correctly colored. (very light weight) The dude, I suspect would not hang around long enough to see if it is real or fake. Maybe out of plastic to have it last a long time. But how hard is it to kick the guy in his privates? I think the man more than likely wants the element of surprise so she may have a hard time defending herself unless trained for that event.

Well, I will say you are creative.......

However, if I ever carry a gun in my purse, it ain't gonna be made out of balsa wood. Hopefully it won't come to packin' heat.

Robert A Whit
02-25-2013, 03:31 PM
She said she was just sort of poking him with that knife....

What, he can take her potato chips but he can't take a poke?

Men are always wanting to poke women with their pokerizers --- I guess we're supposed to just put up with that, huh.

I have a hunch that knife she had was a tiny blade. I would need to know more such as what was the extent of his wound if any? I don't say she should do that. She was a child. Maybe she learned that from home. At her age, the juvenile system will deal with it. And the boy out to be there too.

Isn't a man supposed to use his pokerizer Mundame? With the correct partner of course.

Robert A Whit
02-25-2013, 03:35 PM
Well, I will say you are creative.......

However, if I ever carry a gun in my purse, it ain't gonna be made out of balsa wood. Hopefully it won't come to packin' heat.

I have as personal protection a pistol and it is right now in its holster. A bullet is in the chamber and it is cocked but on safety. I don't however take it outside with me.

My weapon at one time was a training pistol for the Army. I also keep plenty of bullets in the magazine.

To this point, my gun has not been aimed at any human. That i am aware of since I got it from my deceased father.

mundame
02-25-2013, 03:39 PM
To this point, my gun has not been aimed at any human. That i am aware of since I got it from my deceased father.

Well, God forbid either of us ever has to aim it any any human.

revelarts
02-25-2013, 04:00 PM
I'm with Jim, a bag of chips?
and OK so she "poked" the guy with a knife. Ithink he got the message no stealing. but I dunno about a criminal record for the girl either.
I've got 13 y.olds in my family now and depending on the kid , there's a lot of other options to use other than slapping her in or threatening her with juvie over an impulsive "poke" with a knife. does the story say if she actually did stabbed the kid, if it was a serious wound or not? or even if the knife was a hunting , butter, or plastic.

I don't know.

seems to me everyone over reacting.

jimnyc
02-25-2013, 04:05 PM
I'm with Jim, a bag of chips?
and OK so she "poked" the guy with a knife. Ithink he got the message no stealing. but I dunno about a criminal record for the girl either.
I've got 13 y.olds in my family now and depending on the kid , there's a lot of other options to use other than slapping her in or threatening her with juvie over an impulsive "poke" with a knife. does the story say if she actually did stabbed the kid, if it was a serious wound or not? or even if the knife was a hunting , butter, or plastic.

I don't know.

seems to me everyone over reacting.

I'm not going back to the article again, but I had not thought of that. Did she "stab" the guy with a plastic knife, or was it a Rambo knife and he needed medical attention?

Voted4Reagan
02-25-2013, 04:07 PM

I'll take that challenge...

I was trained by my Father... who trained Marines.

Your YMCA Course doesnt protect you from anything if you have a careful opponent .

you can come at me with a knife or a Bat Gabby and all that will happen is you'll end up disarmed and beaten.

care to put your training against mine?

jimnyc
02-25-2013, 04:10 PM
She deserved the charges, this was a "real" stabbing and not a plastic knife. And it appears it was in the back no less!

KINGS COUNTY, Calif. (KMPH) -

A 13-year-old Armona girl was arrested Wednesday afternoon for stabbing another student in the back, police said.

The stabbing happened around noon at Parkview Middle School in Armona.

Police say that during an argument, the 13-year-old girl pulled a knife and stabbed the other student in the back.

Several other students were present during the stabbing.

The victim was rushed to Adventist Medical Center in Hanford. But, due to the severity of the stab wound, the victim was flown to Community Regional Medical Center for further medical attention.

The suspect was arrested and booked into the Kings County Juvenile Center.

Police found the knife used in the attack along with other related evidence.

http://www.kmph.com/story/21299717/armona-middle-school-student-arrested-for-stabbbing-another-student

revelarts
02-25-2013, 04:15 PM
A bag of chips?

I can see how impulsive teens might do this. but grown adults on the board here cheering her on, is kinda sad IMO.
I remember in teen and college clubs if someone stepped on your foot... in the dark... in a crowded room. it was sometimes cause for great offense and a big fight. not me, but other folks . I never understood it.
but grown woman egg that kinda behavior on in the name of standing up for "woman's" rights.
a stolen bag of chips is a stolen bag of chips, would it be right if both were male?

'woman have to take a stand for der chips yeah baby! wooo! stinking men.'
c'mon. please.

revelarts
02-25-2013, 04:18 PM
She deserved the charges, this was a "real" stabbing and not a plastic knife. And it appears it was in the back no less!

http://www.kmph.com/story/21299717/armona-middle-school-student-arrested-for-stabbbing-another-student

OW, yeah that's bad, that lil "lady" needs some legal attention.
future boyfriends need to have that info.

Voted4Reagan
02-25-2013, 04:37 PM

she can continue her state funded education now..... in JAIL

charge her as an adult

Voted4Reagan
02-25-2013, 04:41 PM
We need knife control!!!!!!!!

cadet
02-25-2013, 05:54 PM
Good. You sound very violent. I sure don't like that in a man. What good is a man who manhandles women?

None at all.

The Air Force is infamous for gross sexual abuse of women. That needs to change.

I'm not violent, and I certainly NEVER manhandle. (Sept my sister and little cousin when they're being brats and need tickled) I just think I may wish to learn with all these girls walking around thinking every guy is like that.

And you should listen to the air force sexual abuse... You can't even ask a girl to dinner or tell her she's pretty without it being sexual abuse in the air force...
So the amount of cases is GROSSLY over what you or I would consider sexual abuse.

aboutime
02-25-2013, 06:25 PM
Is there any topic, subject, thread, or post here on DP that doesn't instantly incite, or cause everyone to ARGUE about the dumbest things?

Seems as if every time another subject arrives. It never remains a normal subject to be discussed without someone finding a reason to argue, disagree, or make the thread useless.

Voted4Reagan
02-25-2013, 06:25 PM
The wound was quite bad. The boy had to be "LIFE-FLIGHTED" to a major medical center for treatment. He was in critical condition.

gabosaurus
02-25-2013, 06:35 PM
I'll take that challenge...
I was trained by my Father... who trained Marines.
Your YMCA Course doesnt protect you from anything if you have a careful opponent .
you can come at me with a knife or a Bat Gabby and all that will happen is you'll end up disarmed and beaten.
care to put your training against mine?

First of all, this is a SELF-DEFENSE course. It is not intended for attacking someone.

I don't care if you are a trained Marine who is bigger and stronger than me. If I kick you in the balls, you are going down. If I take out your kneecap, you are going down. If I punch you in the temple, you are going down.

cadet
02-25-2013, 06:39 PM
Is there any topic, subject, thread, or post here on DP that doesn't instantly incite, or cause everyone to ARGUE about the dumbest things?

Seems as if every time another subject arrives. It never remains a normal subject to be discussed without someone finding a reason to argue, disagree, or make the thread useless.

It's called "Debate policy" :rolleyes:

aboutime
02-25-2013, 07:25 PM
It's called "Debate policy" :rolleyes:

Right you are. Debate is NOT arguments for the sake of arguments. You should know that.

cadet
02-25-2013, 07:28 PM
Right you are. Debate is NOT arguments for the sake of arguments. You should know that.

No, but it is our policy :rolleyes:

Voted4Reagan
02-25-2013, 07:30 PM
First of all, this is a SELF-DEFENSE course. It is not intended for attacking someone.

I don't care if you are a trained Marine who is bigger and stronger than me. If I kick you in the balls, you are going down. If I take out your kneecap, you are going down. If I punch you in the temple, you are going down.

Tell you what,

#1 the chances of you connecting with a shot to the groin are almost ZERO. Anyone who knows about fighting knows to protect themselves from that particular blow. MEN know that is the first thing a woman will try is that because they think it will take us down every time. You couldnt be more WRONG. Try and do that and MISS and all you've done is put yourself off balance and made the attackers job easier. He'll get behind you as you try to regain your balance and strangle you..

#2 Punch me in the temple? you better be able to reach up 6ft to do that. for a smaller opponent to get in a headshot against a man who very well may be up to 8 inches taller with a large advantage in reach is also a no win possibility.. you will have to swing UP and Away to do it. By the time you get in close enough to take that shot you'll already be too close to swing at his head. also... if you weigh 125 or 130lbs you better be putting every ounce of strength into it. a 6'2" 250lb man can absorb a lot more punishment then a single blow to the head. Who do you think you are? Joe Frazier?

#3 Knees. - probably your best chance but a slim one. you better put all your weight on it or all you'll do is piss him off. and if he grabs your leg he'll break it.

and unless you practice fighting constantly I doubt you'd remember everything in a crisis situation. People think that it's simple to physically fight off an attacker. IT ISN'T if yougive away 100lbs of weight and the associated strength.

Best bet for you? Get a gun. a nice .380 Colt Semi-Auto. That negates all physical advantages.

But to claim you're you're capable of inflicting a sigle blow knockdown of a much larger opponent is based more in fantasy then fact. Could you? it's possible, but about 95% unlikely.

and one more thing.... What do you do if he has a weapon besides die?

dont think that one little course you took will protect you 100% of the time... It wont

revelarts
02-25-2013, 07:51 PM
I have to agree with much of what V4R said. Attacks are unpredictable and can go a lot of ways. being lined up to get a gion or head shot in is possible but you better be ready to keep fighting. the eye's the throat are the softest target to hit hard and often with your nails or keys if you in close the get them. then run you butt off. If he's on top of you bite off a hunk of flesh of then go for the eyes or throat. get the heck away anyway you can.

A gun is best but even then there's no guarantee.

I was at a grocery store parking lot one night about 2 a.m. walking in. i noticed a women leaving and a man trotting up behind her. i thought they were together. as i got to the door i heard her scream I turned and started moving in that direction and then heard a shot. I turn BACK around and step in the grocery door and yell at the cashier to call the cops a Women's being attacked outside. I went back to see what was going on and saw the man trotting away, the woman ran in the door behind me shaking.

she said that the man had waited until she had open the door and he pushed her in face down. she mangaged to toss her purse back and said take it. but he didn't want it. she had a gun under her car seat she reached for it and tried to point it behind her but he grab her arm as a shot was fired and missed them both . he took the gun and ran off. she got up and ran in the grocery.

Attacks are unpredictable, no goin strike or head strike is going to work when your face down.
but she was ready to fight.

Voted4Reagan
02-25-2013, 08:02 PM
Gabby.... dwell on this

“One may know how to conquer without being able to do it. ”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

gabosaurus
02-25-2013, 09:37 PM
I had a chance to talk with a woman about my size (around 5 foot, 120 pounds) who fought off two attacks by men. She emphasized remaining calm and having a plan. Many attackers do not.
In the first instance, she was grabbed from behind by a man who was a foot taller and outweighed her by well over 100 pounds. When his hand went over her mouth, she bit him. He released hold just enough for her to get a hand around and scratch his face. He dropped her and she laid on the ground. When the man advanced to grab her again, she kicked him several times, then managed to get a fingernail in his eye. When he backtracked, she bulled him over and then knocked him out with a kick to the head.

Point is, the advantage goes to the person who does not panic and shows no fear.

tailfins
02-25-2013, 09:48 PM
I had a chance to talk with a woman about my size (around 5 foot, 120 pounds) who fought off two attacks by men. She emphasized remaining calm and having a plan. Many attackers do not.
In the first instance, she was grabbed from behind by a man who was a foot taller and outweighed her by well over 100 pounds. When his hand went over her mouth, she bit him. He released hold just enough for her to get a hand around and scratch his face. He dropped her and she laid on the ground. When the man advanced to grab her again, she kicked him several times, then managed to get a fingernail in his eye. When he backtracked, she bulled him over and then knocked him out with a kick to the head.

Point is, the advantage goes to the person who does not panic and shows no fear.

That's good advice for anybody. Let enough years go by and anybody will be at a severe physical disadvantage to a potential attacker.

Robert A Whit
02-25-2013, 10:05 PM
If Gabby lived in Oakland CA or went to church there, she had to learn to fight.

SassyLady
02-25-2013, 10:08 PM
It's not always a man attacking a woman ... sometimes it's a woman attacking a woman and self defense training is never a waste of time.

My dad taught me that there is no such thing as a fair fight ... if I'm in any type of fight it is ingrained in me that it is a fight for survival and not about winning.

Had a date when I was 19 and when the guy was taking me home he started pawing me while driving down a mountain road. I told him to stop and that I wasn't interested in another date. He took offense and slapped me. I instantly went into "pissed" mode. Turned my back to the door and starting kicking the shit out of him ... kicking the steering wheel ... screaming my head off at the same time ... not the scared kind of scream but the "pissed off, I'm going to kill you" scream. I didn't care if we crashed and it killed both of us, I was mad. He pulled over and I got out of the car and walked home. Unfortunately for him, I told my uncle and he and a couple of his friends had a "discussion" with the guy and I never saw him again.

Growing up with four brothers in a violent house (one turned out to be a serial killer) taught me a lot of things that are not taught in self defense classes.

I was shopping one day and heard someone running up behind me ... thought someone was going to try to snatch my purse. Turned around and some guy was chasing a woman. He caught her by the hair and grabbed her arm and twisted, bringing her to the ground. I ran over and told him to get off of her and had grabbed HIS hair when he started yelling "security, security" and showed me his badge. Another guy was running out showing me his security badge and said "shoplifter". Guy on the ground was putting cuffs on the woman and said that my actions could have gotten me killed if another situation. I said that I thought he was her boyfriend and that I would rather die trying to save a woman from being attacked than to walk away.

Point being ... I don't usually think it through ... I react instinctively.

These days I carry, depending on what state I'm in, a .38 or a taser. Just the noise of the taser will scare the pants off most people.

Voted4Reagan
02-25-2013, 10:19 PM

95% of the time... you'd end up dead or beaten senseless

you are grossly underestimating your opponents.... you've lost before you've even begun..

and answer the question.... WHAT DO YOU DO IF HE HAS A WEAPON besides just laying there bleeding to death?

i worked on ambulances for 20 years.... I NEVER saw a man on one that was beaten senseless by a woman.

But I brought a ton of women to the hospital who'd been beaten.

Don't put up a false bravado Gabby, you didnt answer one of my statements directly... The odds of a woman beating a man in a physical confrontation are very low. Your friend got in a couple lucky shots... more then likely she's the exception.... not the rule.

dont think that the Groin kick is going to work every time.... if your opponent knows how to fight you'll be unconscious before you can try and kick him.

if someone has a forearm across your throat and is crushing your larynx and compressing your Carotid Artery and Jugular Vein you have 30seconds before you black out... maybe 45...

thats all it takes...and you'll be panicking the whole time...the more you struggle.... the faster you pass out...

This is reality Gabby... not your little fantasy of female supremacy where men are stupid and women can follow a simple self defense course. in real life as the arm comes around your neck many times a knife comes across it or slips in between an inter-costal spaceand into your lung.

Best way is to be better armed. He pulls a knife/you pull a gun.

you're counting on the LUCKY SHOT... that leads to the Morgue more times then not.

tailfins
02-25-2013, 10:20 PM
It's not always a man attacking a woman ... sometimes it's a woman attacking a woman and self defense training is never a waste of time.

My dad taught me that there is no such thing as a fair fight ... if I'm in any type of fight it is ingrained in me that it is a fight for survival and not about winning.

Had a date when I was 19 and when the guy was taking me home he started pawing me while driving down a mountain road. I told him to stop and that I wasn't interested in another date. He took offense and slapped me. I instantly went into "pissed" mode. Turned my back to the door and starting kicking the shit out of him ... kicking the steering wheel ... screaming my head off at the same time ... not the scared kind of scream but the "pissed off, I'm going to kill you" scream. I didn't care if we crashed and it killed both of us, I was mad. He pulled over and I got out of the car and walked home. Unfortunately for him, I told my uncle and he and a couple of his friends had a "discussion" with the guy and I never saw him again.

Growing up with four brothers in a violent house (one turned out to be a serial killer) taught me a lot of things that are not taught in self defense classes.

I was shopping one day and heard someone running up behind me ... thought someone was going to try to snatch my purse. Turned around and some guy was chasing a woman. He caught her by the hair and grabbed her arm and twisted, bringing her to the ground. I ran over and told him to get off of her and had grabbed HIS hair when he started yelling "security, security" and showed me his badge. Another guy was running out showing me his security badge and said "shoplifter". Guy on the ground was putting cuffs on the woman and said that my actions could have gotten me killed if another situation. I said that I thought he was her boyfriend and that I would rather die trying to save a woman from being attacked than to walk away.

Point being ... I don't usually think it through ... I react instinctively.

These days I carry, depending on what state I'm in, a .38 or a taser. Just the noise of the taser will scare the pants off most people.

Or a woman attacking a man .....

SassyLady
02-25-2013, 10:37 PM

Well, as you've pointed out ... men rarely lose a one-on-one fight with a woman.

One time I had a fight with a woman and she ended up in hospital (in my front yard, my dog ripped her leg open and she had some cuts on her throat from my nails .. I was trying to rip her throat out). She was first husband's ex-wife and came by in the middle of the night and tried to walk in my house to get her boys, my stepchildren, and take them home. She had been drinking and no way was I going to let her have those kids. Now, I didn't escape any harm ... had a bald spot the size of a half-dollar on the back of my head where she pulled my hair out .... that is what finally pissed me off enough to let my dog go and grab her neck.

Second time I had a fight with a woman she ended up with a broken wrist. Once again it was in my front yard and was second husband's ex-wife. Same thing, came to pick up the kids and had been drinking. She tried to grab me and I smashed my hand in her nose, grabbed her hand and twisted out and back toward her elbow to bring her down to her knees and her wrist snapped. I did have to go to small claims court on that one and ended up having to pay her medical bills.

Also want to point out that I'm only 5'2" and at the time weighed less than 115 and both of them weighed in at over 175. The difference ... I get quiet and focused while they are still screaming and trying to pull hair.

As I said in my prior post, I would have no compunction attacking a man that is doing harm to a child or woman.

cadet
02-25-2013, 10:51 PM

If you lose that you have to give up your man card :laugh:

Voted4Reagan
02-25-2013, 11:22 PM
Lets see.... First time I had to defend myself:

Guy pulled a knife on me in the subway, demanded my leather jacket. as I removed it I wrapped it around the hand holding the knife, spun him around and broke his shoulder... as he went down I add several hard kicks to his chest breaking 6 ribs and his sternum.

As the cops arrived I had him in a choke hold and had threatened to break his neck if he so much as twitched..result? 7 years for for him on Assault with a deadly weapon and attempted Robbery.

2 years later in Brooklyn (East New York, 75 pct) I witnessed a robbery. Jumped out, tackled the guy driving him forward and putting his head into the concrete curb.

The result? He ended up with a Grade 3 concussion, 25 stitches, broken Ribs and 15 years in Jail.

Another instance: November 2001

Saw two Hispanic males rob a Hispanic woman on the streets of Flushing, Queens in the 109pct. I chased them in my vehicle and hit them across the legs with it..

One guy limped off down the block I jumped out and Jumped on the guy laying on the ground, (Both his knees were shattered) and subdued him until cops arrived... we caught his friend 10 mins later.

Result? both got 10+ years for armed Robbery.

Sassy is right.... Sometimes you just have to react based on instinct. But make sure you do whatever it takes to win because the other guy will not hesitate to do it to you.

Robert A Whit
02-25-2013, 11:27 PM

Guy pulled a knife on me in the subway, demanded my leather jacket. as I removed it I wrapped it around the hand holding the knife, spun him around and broke his shoulder... as he went down I add several hard kicks to his chest breaking 6 ribs and his sternum.

As the cops arrived I had him in a choke hold and had threatened to break his neck if he so much as twitched..result? 7 years for for him on Assault with a deadly weapon and attempted Robbery.

2 years later in Brooklyn (East New York, 75 pct) I witnessed a robbery. Jumped out, tackled the guy driving him forward and putting his head into the concrete curb.

The result? He ended up with a Grade 3 concussion, 25 stitches, broken Ribs and 15 years in Jail.

Saw two Hispanic males rob a Hispanic woman on the streets of Flushing, Queens in the 109pct. I chased them in my vehicle and hit them across the legs with it..

One guy limped off down the block I jumped out and Jumped on the guy laying on the ground, (Both his knees were shattered) and subdued him until cops arrived... we caught his friend 10 mins later.

Sassy is right.... Sometimes you just have to react based on instinct. But make sure you do whatever it takes to win because the other guy will not hesitate to do it to you.

OK, now balance that with some love stories. :lol:

logroller
02-26-2013, 12:36 AM
Total overreaction over a bag of BBQ lays...if it were taco Doritos, that's a different story.:laugh: I wonder what would she'd do for a Klondike bar.

mundame
02-26-2013, 06:52 AM
A bag of chips?

I can see how impulsive teens might do this. but grown adults on the board here cheering her on, is kinda sad IMO.
I remember in teen and college clubs if someone stepped on your foot... in the dark... in a crowded room. it was sometimes cause for great offense and a big fight. not me, but other folks . I never understood it.
but grown woman egg that kinda behavior on in the name of standing up for "woman's" rights.
a stolen bag of chips is a stolen bag of chips, would it be right if both were male?

'woman have to take a stand for der chips yeah baby! wooo! stinking men.'
c'mon. please.

Poor babies, the ladies won't let you steal their food ---- we're so mean to you.

What I want to know is, what happened after that?

Seems to me at that point you want a "finishing move," as the video games phrase it. LT + Y or X, for instance, on Xbox.

In R/L, I was thinking along the lines of a large rock.

Voted4Reagan
02-26-2013, 07:10 AM
What I want to know is, what happened after that?

Seems to me at that point you want a "finishing move," as the video games phrase it. LT + Y or X, for instance, on Xbox.

In R/L, I was thinking along the lines of a large rock.

Miss hitting someone with a large rock and all you'll do is enrage him/her

If you opt to use a weapon make sure it will put them down and keep them down. That means be PREPARED TO KILL.

Life isn't a Video game, you only get one life.

mundame
02-26-2013, 07:29 AM
Miss hitting someone with a large rock and all you'll do is enrage him/her

If you opt to use a weapon make sure it will put them down and keep them down. That means be PREPARED TO KILL.

Life isn't a Video game, you only get one life.

Did you actually read the post? Your reply is not responsive to the whole post, in which the bad guy was described as on the ground unconscious.

Voted4Reagan
02-26-2013, 07:40 AM
Did you actually read the post? Your reply is not responsive to the whole post, in which the bad guy was described as on the ground unconscious.

I read the reply and you are denying reality if you think that is going to be the case in anymore then 5 out of 100 cases.

Best thing a woman can do to protect herself from a male attacker is to be armed.

it is your singular best chance at surviving what could be a life or death situation.

Try one of these... they work really well.

Thats the Lady Elite .380 semi-auto.

as a side note: General Patton always carried a .380 as a sidearm.

http://picturearchive.gunauction.com/5680183839/9273441/100_0090.jpg_thumbnail1.jpg

tailfins
02-26-2013, 07:55 AM

You're taking a huge chance. A good actor could make you look like the aggressor when the cops show up and YOU get charged. Of course I never had such problems. In spite of putting on a politically correct face in public, the subconscious inclinations of who to stay away from taught by a KKK-involved family come into play. It seems to help.

mundame
02-26-2013, 08:11 AM
I read the reply and you are denying reality if you think that is going to be the case in anymore then 5 out of 100 cases.

Best thing a woman can do to protect herself from a male attacker is to be armed.

it is your singular best chance at surviving what could be a life or death situation.

Try one of these... they work really well.

Thats the Lady Elite .380 semi-auto.

as a side note: General Patton always carried a .380 as a sidearm.

http://picturearchive.gunauction.com/5680183839/9273441/100_0090.jpg_thumbnail1.jpg

Nice little ladies gun. Thanks for the advice!

I'm in Maryland, so I rarely carry a gun and only on my property so far (that bad Palcynski crisis when he was all over the state taking hostages, we both went armed then, probably the whole state did!). I'd have to have a license to carry, I'm pretty sure. If it gets that bad around here, we'll probably just move. So far, it's still country and still okay.

But blacks are coming up from Baltimore and bringing all their problems with them: shot dead bodies being found in their neighborhood all the time, where I used to ride horses through the forest years ago. It is too bad that so much change that happens is change for the worse. As long as they stay over there and shoot each other, that's the important thing.

Voted4Reagan
02-26-2013, 08:18 AM
Nice little ladies gun. Thanks for the advice!

I'm in Maryland, so I rarely carry a gun and only on my property so far (that bad Palcynski crisis when he was all over the state taking hostages, we both went armed then, probably the whole state did!). I'd have to have a license to carry, I'm pretty sure. If it gets that bad around here, we'll probably just move. So far, it's still country and still okay.

But blacks are coming up from Baltimore and bringing all their problems with them: shot dead bodies being found in their neighborhood all the time, where I used to ride horses through the forest years ago. It is too bad that so much change that happens is change for the worse. As long as they stay over there and shoot each other, that's the important thing.

Mundame, I am not saying a woman shouldnt learn hand to hand combat. What I am trying to get at is that for a WOMAN the last option for her is to go hand to hand. The FIRST option is to put her attacker on the ground and keep him down, and the only way to do that is to shoot him.

It's easier for a woman to keep up on shooting skills (and less expensive!) then it is to keep up on hand to hand combat and Martial arts. we are all going to get older and suffer the infirmities of age. A gun is certainly the most effective manner of stopping an attacker before he gets to you.

I know that at almost 50yo now I would reconsider some actions that only 10 years ago I wouldn't hesitate to do.

God made all men equal. Sam Colt made some more equal then others...

Voted4Reagan
02-26-2013, 08:28 AM
You're taking a huge chance. A good actor could make you look like the aggressor when the cops show up and YOU get charged. Of course I never had such problems. In spite of putting on a politically correct face in public, the subconscious inclinations of who to stay away from taught by a KKK-involved family come into play. It seems to help.

In one case I was looked at as the aggressor (the first one)but it was sorted out Quickly when it was determined I was a commuter heading home from work and that my attacker was a carreer criminal with a rap sheet as long as my arm.

From what the cops told me after his sentencing he spent weeks recovering from the beating I gave him. Turns out one of his lungs collapsed when I kicked his ribs so hard they punctured it.

Cops said even if he died I wouldn't have been charged.

Self Defense....