PDA

View Full Version : Freshman HS kids wear KKK outfits to hockey game

jimnyc
02-25-2013, 05:06 PM
Did these idiots think they would get away with this?

The student body of a high school in North Dakota is under fire after a photo emerged depicting three students wearing Ku Klux Klan hoods at a boys hockey game.

As first reported by the Grand Forks Herald, and followed upon by the Associated Press, three students at North Forks (N.D.) Red River High were captured on film wearing Ku Klux Klan hoods during a state semifinal boys hockey game against Fargo (N.D.) Davies High. The KKK hoods were apparently a misguided attempt to highlight the Red River fans’ whiteout at the University of North Dakota’s Ralph Englestad Arena.

Yet the actions were particularly caustic given the namesake of Davies High: Ronald Davies, a former U.S. judge based in Fargo who forced the governor of Arkansas to back down from his attempt to interfere with the famous integration of Little Rock schools.

According to the Herald, Red River principal Kris Arason has already identified the teens who donned the hoods, reaching out to their parents and telling the press that “appropriate action is being taken.”

“We, as a school, are extremely disappointed with the behavior of these three students,” Arason said in a statement. “This behavior is not a representation of our school or student body.”

The photo in question first arose on social media thanks to University of North Dakota student Shane Schuster, who was attending the state semifinal game. Schuster snapped a photo of the teens and posted it on Twitter with the message, “I guess the red river highschoolers are racist?”

http://i.imgur.com/BaDRiYI.jpg

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschool-prep-rally/north-dakota-high-school-under-fire-fans-don-112117316.html;_ylt=Ar5qFQ.yNO8Z3Z0eLHMNVuMmYsp_;_ ylu=X3oDMTJsZ2FsbjkwBG1pdANIQ01PTCBvbiBhcnRpY2xlIH JpZ2h0IHJhaWwEcGtnA2lkLTMwODA4MTAEcG9zAzEEc2VjA01l ZGlhQkNhcm91c2VsTWl4ZWRIQ00EdmVyAzc-;_ylg=X3oDMTM2dGNwcm5yBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRw c3RhaWQDNmM1N2E2NDgtMDdjOS0zYzU5LTllZTEtYWMwNTkxMT k0MDkxBHBzdGNhdANuYmF8YmFsbGRvbi0zOS10bGllBHB0A3N0 b3J5cGFnZQ--;_ylv=3

Robert A Whit
02-25-2013, 05:34 PM
Every Democrat should have to live with the negros in Oakland CA for a year.

Then they might catch on. Or pick Detroit. Pick DC. As to kids with KKK hoods, they are kids. Being snot nosed kids.

I may be a snot since I purchased my confederate flag in VA. I treat Negro's as they treat me. I treat nice negro's with much respect. They had a hard row of deep prejudice to overcome and seem to have worked their way out of it.

gabosaurus
02-25-2013, 05:52 PM
Every Democrat should have to live with the negros in Oakland CA for a year.

WTF does this have to do with anything?
You are truly a doddering old fool for even thinking of this type of crap.

No, I never lived with "Negros" in Oakland. But I did go to church with them every weekend when I lived up there. Most of them have more sense than you do.

cadet
02-25-2013, 05:56 PM
Did these idiots think they would get away with this?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschool-prep-rally/north-dakota-high-school-under-fire-fans-don-112117316.html;_ylt=Ar5qFQ.yNO8Z3Z0eLHMNVuMmYsp_;_ ylu=X3oDMTJsZ2FsbjkwBG1pdANIQ01PTCBvbiBhcnRpY2xlIH JpZ2h0IHJhaWwEcGtnA2lkLTMwODA4MTAEcG9zAzEEc2VjA01l ZGlhQkNhcm91c2VsTWl4ZWRIQ00EdmVyAzc-;_ylg=X3oDMTM2dGNwcm5yBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRw c3RhaWQDNmM1N2E2NDgtMDdjOS0zYzU5LTllZTEtYWMwNTkxMT k0MDkxBHBzdGNhdANuYmF8YmFsbGRvbi0zOS10bGllBHB0A3N0 b3J5cGFnZQ--;_ylv=3

They were obviously trying to scare the other team by being ghosts. :rolleyes:

gabosaurus
02-25-2013, 06:10 PM

If they had done that in a different area of the country, they might have become "ghosts." :p

Kathianne
02-25-2013, 06:13 PM

They were doing their utmost to send a hate message and succeeded. Hopefully they are going to learn that not only did the opposing team take offense, so did most of their own school body.

I don't think kids have the right to wear anything they wish, there's already a thread on this where I argue for more freedom, not less. However, this is a case in point on why schools do have more control over 'free expression' than society at large. We don't want kids being beat to a pulp because of immature stupidity. if they were over age, let them express themselves as they wish, take the consequences of such. However, they don't have the right to cause inter or intra school riots.

revelarts
02-25-2013, 06:22 PM
If black kids had worn shirts that said ' kill whitey'. I wonder if that would be viewed as just kids being kids.
Or might that be consider a call to defensive action protect your wife and kids etc.. or something? And complaint of "If they had been White they'd be crucified."
i wonder?

Kathianne
02-25-2013, 06:33 PM
If black kids had worn shirts that said ' kill whitey'. I wonder if that would be viewed as just kids being kids.
Or might that be consider a call to defensive action protect your wife and kids etc.. or something? And complaint of "If they had been White they'd be crucified."
i wonder?

I don't. Same result from the school. Especially if it was recognizable from a distance as Klan hoods certainly are.

Robert A Whit
02-25-2013, 07:14 PM
WTF does this have to do with anything?
You are truly a doddering old fool for even thinking of this type of crap.

No, I never lived with "Negros" in Oakland. But I did go to church with them every weekend when I lived up there. Most of them have more sense than you do.

Wow, fangs again.

But bear in mind, I did say the nice negro has my respect. Those in church are included.

How often would you walk down the street say where Castlemont High school is?

I appraised many homes in the drug havens of Oakland. I have been accosted by negros over me taking pictures.

A very nice Asian woman worked for me appraising and she was scared out of her mind doing a job in Oakland, called me on the phone and I had to talk fast or she was going to bail out.

Are you telling us all how wonderful Oakland is?

Robert A Whit
02-25-2013, 07:17 PM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by cadet http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=619898#post619898)

If they had done that in a different area of the country, they might have become "ghosts." :p

Yup, like in Oakland, CA where the negros would catch them and murder them.