PDA

View Full Version : Jennifer Olsen, Montana GOP Official, Takes Heat For Alleged Racist Facebook Post

jafar00
02-26-2013, 02:17 AM
Yeh, ok. I believe it was hackers. And the Pope resigned so he can say he gave up power and influence for lent.

The GOP and especially the Tea Party are an unsavoury lot, and this is just another example.

Anyway, there is not enough room in the box for a President. Obama would just end up with a watermelon and a nice box to carry it home in.

Jennifer Olsen, chairwoman of the Yellowstone County Republicans and a prominent tea party organizer in Montana, is facing scrutiny after being accused of posting a racist picture on her Facebook page earlier this month.
In a post admitting "disdain for the Olsen family," Montana blog Montanafesto put up a screenshot (https://montanafesto.wordpress.com/2013/02/15/racism-and-the-yellowstone-county-republican-central-committee-chair/comment-page-1/) of the following picture of a cardboard box with a watermelon underneath it, alongside a caption calling it a "plot to kidnap" President Barack Obama. Montanafesto alleged it was a repost from Olsen's personal account forwarded by a source.

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1008450/original.jpg
While Olsen later denied ownership of the picture, telling Billings Blog (http://billingsnews.com/davidsblog/?p=388) that it was "fabricated" and "absolutely not true," the accusation has forced state Republican Party officials to weigh in.
“In no way, shape, or form do the Yellowstone County Republicans condone nor accept the use of stereotypes by members in either their personal or political lives,” reads a statement from John Quandt, Yellowstone County Republican Central Committee vice chairman, according to the Billings Gazette (http://billingsgazette.com/news/state-and-regional/montana/local-gop-leader-criticized-for-facebook-post/article_d7663014-f893-5e02-bc96-366a344cbd62.html). “The committee investigates any allegation made against a member and due to the sensitivity of the subject matter, we are approaching the situation methodically.”
Quandt went on to cast doubt on the authenticity of the post, arguing that none of Olsen's Facebook friends had been willing to go on the record to independently corroborate it. He also suggested that hackers may be to blame (http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/02/22/1189201/-Republicans-Attempt-to-Blame-Hackers-for-Racist-Facebook-Post), if the picture appeared on Facebook at all.
Republican groups have taken heat for connecting Obama to racist imagery in the past. In 2008, a California women's GOP group sent its followers a newsletter (http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2008/10/16/30814/obama-bucks/)claiming that Obama's election would lead to food stamps becoming “Obama Bucks.” The article came accompanied by a crudely photoshopped image of Obama surrounded by a watermelon slice, fried chicken and Kool-Aid.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/25/jennifer-olsen-montana_n_2759484.html?utm_hp_ref=politics

darin
02-26-2013, 06:08 AM
Are you REALLY so naive, or are you willfully ignorant, Jafaar? Think about the message you are sending...first, you are a terrorist appologist, and now you're honestly suggesting the Tea Party is chock-full of racists?

Double-You-Tee-Eff?

Pretty soon you'll be spouting off things like you invented the question mark; perhaps you have a penchant for buggery? Are you full general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament...?

jafar00
02-26-2013, 06:29 AM
Are you REALLY so naive, or are you willfully ignorant, Jafaar? Think about the message you are sending...first, you are a terrorist appologist, and now you're honestly suggesting the Tea Party is chock-full of racists?

Double-You-Tee-Eff?

Pretty soon you'll be spouting off things like you invented the question mark; perhaps you have a penchant for buggery? Are you full general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament...?

Thank you for your insightful and well thought out reply.

Was that a typical GOP response?

darin
02-26-2013, 06:44 AM
Thank you for your insightful and well thought out reply.

Was that a typical GOP response?

You are deflecting. Answer the questions. Do you REALLY think the Tea Party is chock-full of racists? If so, what leads you to that conclusion? </SPAN>

Secondary question: Do you REALLY think in today's media-market a sitting politician would EVER condone or promote such foolery?</SPAN>

Tertiary question: Why do you sometimes seem smart, and other times you put up completely foolish commentary? It's like several people using the same account.</SPAN>

cadet
02-26-2013, 08:24 AM
One thing I have to say, is that picture is pretty dang funny.
(It's only racist if you don't understand humor)

Abbey Marie
02-26-2013, 08:26 AM
The attempts on the left (and apparently now Muslims) to discredit the Tea Party march ever onward.

This one is too stupid to even contemplate.

Marcus Aurelius
02-26-2013, 08:53 AM
interesting how Jahil can whine like a stuck pig when someone disparages all of Islam for what he calls the actions of a few, but then goes and disparages all of the GOP for the actions of a few.

Double standard much, douche bag?

jimnyc
02-26-2013, 11:24 AM
The GOP and especially the Tea Party are an unsavoury lot, and this is just another example.

That's if you like your news spoon fed to you, anyway. Neither party is a group that represents racism or unsavory things. But while you're condemning parties based on individuals:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?39463-Democrats-in-Black-face

gabosaurus
02-26-2013, 12:46 PM
You are deflecting. Answer the questions. Do you REALLY think the Tea Party is chock-full of racists? If so, what leads you to that conclusion?

Yes. Look at all the anti-Obama actions and literature emanating from Tea Party sources.

Secondary question: Do you REALLY think in today's media-market a sitting politician would EVER condone or promote such foolery?

No, but that doesn't mean they don't do it.

Tertiary question: Why do you sometimes seem smart, and other times you put up completely foolish commentary? It's like several people using the same account.

Look inside yourself and answer the same question.

I don't see where Jafar has ever shown to be a "terrorist apologist" on this forum. It is just certain naive and willfully ignorant posters who persist in stating such. Or perhaps it is just donkey politics.

What is the difference between a Montana blog reporting an incident involving a GOP politician and any other blog reporting an incident involving a Dem official? Other than some single-minded yahoo believing only the latter.

http://billingsgazette.com/news/state-and-regional/montana/local-gop-leader-criticized-for-facebook-post/article_d7663014-f893-5e02-bc96-366a344cbd62.html

Thunderknuckles
02-26-2013, 12:55 PM
Yes. Look at all the anti-Obama actions and literature emanating from Tea Party sources
Really Gabby, do you honestly believe that just because the Tea Party is anti-Obama that makes them racist? Bullsquatchy!
They'd be doing the same thing if it were a white liberal in office. Hell, they'd be doing the same thing if a white, establishment Republican was in the White House!
Remember, the Tea Party movement was born out of conservative resentment of the Republican Party during Bush's second term. This has nothing to do with racism at all.

cadet
02-26-2013, 01:01 PM
The tea party can be defined quickly.
A bunch of country/suburban folk that tend to keep to themselves, aka the norm of america, who have finally reached the breaking point and need to do something about the gov't.

Not a bunch of racist A$$holes.

DragonStryk72
02-26-2013, 01:44 PM
Yeh, ok. I believe it was hackers. And the Pope resigned so he can say he gave up power and influence for lent.

Anyway, there is not enough room in the box for a President. Obama would just end up with a watermelon and a nice box to carry it home in.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/25/jennifer-olsen-montana_n_2759484.html?utm_hp_ref=politics

so now I'm a racist? what of my buddy ward, who is also a member of the tea party and black? what of my Latino friends who are a part of it? are they racists as well?

why am I unsavory for believing that big government is fundamentally eroding our liberties and country as a whole?

jimnyc
02-26-2013, 02:22 PM
Yes. Look at all the anti-Obama actions and literature emanating from Tea Party sources.

So that makes it racist?

The fact that you CALL it racist, just because the tea party disagrees with the idiot in chief, is racist itself, IMO.

Voted4Reagan
02-26-2013, 04:29 PM
Really Gabby, do you honestly believe that just because the Tea Party is anti-Obama that makes them racist? Bullsquatchy!
They'd be doing the same thing if it were a white liberal in office. Hell, they'd be doing the same thing if a white, establishment Republican was in the White House!
Remember, the Tea Party movement was born out of conservative resentment of the Republican Party during Bush's second term. This has nothing to do with racism at all.

The T.E.A. Party stands for:

TAXED
ENOUGH
ALREADY

It is composed of people from ALL PARTIES that feel Taxes are too high and need to be reformed.

But the Liberal media never mentions it... neither do people that work in schools such as teachers or office workers like Gabby.

fj1200
02-26-2013, 04:32 PM
The attempts on the left (and apparently now Muslims) to discredit the Tea Party march ever onward.

Now if only TP members themselves wouldn't help them along.

SassyLady
02-26-2013, 04:38 PM

I think the Tea Party is just anti-democrat .... they put out anti-democratic candidate literature before Obama was elected. Gabby has conveniently forgotten that fact.

Robert A Whit
02-26-2013, 04:41 PM
Democrats got a lot of laughs and mileage when that Desert bunny hurled his shoes at President Bush. But that was just fine. So long as Democrats do it, that is just fine.

Robert A Whit
02-26-2013, 04:54 PM
Watermelon, watermelon
Cadillac car
I isn't as dumb
As you think I is.

glockmail
02-26-2013, 05:35 PM
Figures a terrorist would also be a Democrat shill.

glockmail
02-26-2013, 05:38 PM
And the bitch equates racism with anti-Obama. What a fucking surprise.

jafar00
02-26-2013, 06:25 PM
Democrats got a lot of laughs and mileage when that Desert bunny hurled his shoes at President Bush. But that was just fine. So long as Democrats do it, that is just fine.

Thank you. By calling an Arab a "desert bunny", you just confirmed the OP that GOP and TP members are racist.

jimnyc
02-26-2013, 06:37 PM
Thank you. By calling an Arab a "desert bunny", you just confirmed the OP that GOP and TP members are racist.

Bobby speaks for the GOP, and the rest of us?

aboutime
02-26-2013, 07:11 PM
The T.E.A. Party stands for:

TAXED
ENOUGH
ALREADY

It is composed of people from ALL PARTIES that feel Taxes are too high and need to be reformed.

But the Liberal media never mentions it... neither do people that work in schools such as teachers or office workers like Gabby.

4579 4580

glockmail
02-26-2013, 07:25 PM
Thank you. By calling an Arab a "desert bunny", you just confirmed the OP that GOP and TP members are racist. What a bigoted statement.

Robert A Whit
02-26-2013, 08:13 PM
Bobby speaks for the GOP, and the rest of us?

Good catch. I had not seen his reply. Apparently he does not like being goosed. No offense to geese intended.

Robert A Whit
02-26-2013, 08:15 PM

Hey, you ought to thank me for not saying Camel jockey. LOL

Why don't you settle down and stop acting like a bigot.

mundame
02-26-2013, 08:18 PM
I LOVE that cartoon! :laugh:

So did my husband. He asked me to send it to him ---

Uh-oh. I said I'd send it to his home email address.

jimnyc
02-26-2013, 08:24 PM
Curiously, did anyone else see any humor in the original picture? I thought it was unique, and yes, I found it hilarious. Using the stereotype, and capturing a black man with a watermelon, with one of the oldest traps in the world. Does it have racial overtones? Yep, sure does. Some of the best comedians in the world use race in their comedy. As a politician, no, I'm not supporting sending out the wrong message, and making the nightly news - but on one of this crappy night host shows, or from a comedian, I still see it as funny. Put a hubcap under there and catch a Mexican and it would be funny too!

aboutime
02-26-2013, 08:26 PM

I have never used Camel Jockey Robert. Since 1993, and the first World Trade Center bombing...they have always been TOWEL HEADS.
And "NO" jafar. I feel no need to apologize for stating the truth.

Robert A Whit
02-26-2013, 08:31 PM
I have never used Camel Jockey Robert. Since 1993, and the first World Trade Center bombing...they have always been TOWEL HEADS.
And "NO" jafar. I feel no need to apologize for stating the truth.

What do you call the Sikh from India?

To be honest, I did not suspect Jafar read my posts.

mundame
02-26-2013, 08:32 PM

Dune Coon. That is my all-time personal favorite.

Robert A Whit
02-26-2013, 08:34 PM
Dune Coon. That is my all-time personal favorite.

ROFLMAO

He is lucky I did not say Sand N**gar.

I don't think he realizes what coon stands for.

mundame
02-26-2013, 08:44 PM
I don't normally read Jafar's posts. I don't see the sense in talking with enemies of my country.

I remember during the war on Serbia a gazillion Serbs immediately showed up on political forums AND started a LOT of their own, arguing fiercely that the war was illegitimate, etc., etc. --- and now, of course, I suppose a lot of us do regret fighting for the Muslim Albanians. Whoops, wrong side. That's what the Serbs kept saying, too, but I couldn't hear it.

However, I did realize it was surely the first time in human history that citizens of two countries in a shooting war were in such active, regular communication with each other! I wasn't at all sure that it was legal; and I was working on an Army base, too. I felt very uncomfortable, and also it was futile: I mean, what are they going to say?? "STOP SHOOTING AT US!" was mostly what they said, of course, but what's the point of a conversation like that? And was it treasonous?

That's how I feel about Muslims. They are enemies; no point in talking to them. Just wait till it's time for war and then cheer on our soldiers.

Robert A Whit
02-26-2013, 09:00 PM
I don't normally read Jafar's posts. I don't see the sense in talking with enemies of my country.

I remember during the war on Serbia a gazillion Serbs immediately showed up on political forums AND started a LOT of their own, arguing fiercely that the war was illegitimate, etc., etc. --- and now, of course, I suppose a lot of us do regret fighting for the Muslim Albanians. Whoops, wrong side. That's what the Serbs kept saying, too, but I couldn't hear it.

However, I did realize it was surely the first time in human history that citizens of two countries in a shooting war were in such active, regular communication with each other! I wasn't at all sure that it was legal; and I was working on an Army base, too. I felt very uncomfortable, and also it was futile: I mean, what are they going to say?? "STOP SHOOTING AT US!" was mostly what they said, of course, but what's the point of a conversation like that? And was it treasonous?

That's how I feel about Muslims. They are enemies; no point in talking to them. Just wait till it's time for war and then cheer on our soldiers.

It was pretty simple over the war against the then Yugoslavia.

First, Clinton did not even try to make a case fof war with our congress. And he did not try at the UN. Rather he tried to pull a trick by saying it was NATO.

Trouble is, NATO has a constitution. The constitution says NATO can't attack first.

Then it was claimed to be genocide. Like Bush and the WMD, no genocide was found.

It was our men and our airplanes used to bomb Yugoslavia. I was sick to my stomach.

I had known that it was the Serbs that fought the Nazis and it was the Albanians from Kosovo that took sides with the Nazis and caused the deaths of millions of Serbs, many by the Nazis.

The Serbs had a real reason to be upset.

There is more history too favoring Kosovo as the home of Serbs and not Albanians that decided to take that part over.

Milosevic was not a nice man. But the Albanians in Kosovo made him look like a saint.

Clinton clearly had no clue at all about the history of that area and he picked the wrong side to bomb.

mundame
02-26-2013, 09:06 PM
The Serbs had a real reason to be upset.

There is more history too favoring Kosovo as the home of Serbs and not Albanians that decided to take that part over.

Milosevic was not a nice man. But the Albanians in Kosovo made him look like a saint.

Clinton clearly had no clue at all about the history of that area and he picked the wrong side to bomb.

My husband agrees with you; he is third-generation Slovenian, so immediately Serbs became his homies, somehow. I was very upset with that situation because all the Albanians they showed on TV were blond (I'm blond), and it was so awful, seeing them driven out of their homes, standing in the rain. I identified with them and their little blond children. I now suspect that not all Albanians look quite as photogenic as our war propaganda showed............

However, I do see now that we were on the wrong side. Okay, I got fooled. In general, it's a terrible mistake ever to fight for Muslims.

Robert A Whit
02-26-2013, 09:12 PM
My husband agrees with you; he is third-generation Slovenian, so immediately Serbs became his homies, somehow. I was very upset with that situation because all the Albanians they showed on TV were blond (I'm blond), and it was so awful, seeing them driven out of their homes, standing in the rain. I identified with them and their little blond children. I now suspect that not all Albanians look quite as photogenic as our war propaganda showed............

However, I do see now that we were on the wrong side. Okay, I got fooled. In general, it's a terrible mistake ever to fight for Muslims.

I used to deeply study the Balkans and so got a very good education over the issues. Good for your husband. He was right and we agree Clinton was wrong. Make no mistake, I also know that many of the Albanians were rounded up, though not in Kosovo and brutally treated. I am not clear Milosevic had a thing to do with that. Nobody should be put into cages and the women abused including raping them. But Serbs suffered at their hands so much in WW2 one has to try to understand what drove them to do that to the Albanians that were in areas like Sarajevo.

At one time, I appraised the home of a guy that had been in the fighting there but this was before Clinton bombed them for 3 months. He told me a bit of what was happening. I forget if he was Serb or Croat.

DragonStryk72
02-27-2013, 02:38 AM
okay, so that's the second time now you've called myself and my friends that you haven't met racists.
way to keep it prejudiced.

Voted4Reagan
02-27-2013, 07:54 AM

I am both conservative and a TEA Party supporter.

When have I ever made a Racial stereotype here Jafar?

If you cant come up with one your statement is invalid.

I have always respected your religion (just disagreed with those that control it) and have yet to see you do the same.

to call all of us on the right RACIST is absurd and you know I am right.

aboutime
02-28-2013, 08:38 PM
okay, so that's the second time now you've called myself and my friends that you haven't met racists.
way to keep it prejudiced.

DragonStryk. Jafar's use of the racist card is merely his use of the typical liberal tactics of introducing Racism, and Racist into the mix in order to CEASE all comments by challenging, or threatening others by calling them racists.
It's a well known, frequently used trick Democrat/Liberals use whenever they are pushed into a corner by TRUTH that threatens them, and from which they have no HONEST means of escape.

Jafar must be using an old copy of the DNC Talking Points Handbook that Nancy Pelosi handed out while Speaker of the House.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-02-2013, 09:54 AM

This one is too stupid to even contemplate.

The muslims and the lib/dems are allied. They have been for a very long time now. They want to destroy the Tea Party because in 2016 they want the DUMB CANDIDATE TO WIN, OPPS I MEAN THE DEM CANDIDATE but then again I repeat myself.:laugh:
They are allies because they share a common goal. The goal of destroying this nation as it was founded! So easy to see by anybody not PC and brain dead by liberal/dem indoctrination. Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-02-2013, 10:03 AM
I don't see where Jafar has ever shown to be a "terrorist apologist" on this forum. It is just certain naive and willfully ignorant posters who persist in stating such. Or perhaps it is just donkey politics.

http://billingsgazette.com/news/state-and-regional/montana/local-gop-leader-criticized-for-facebook-post/article_d7663014-f893-5e02-bc96-366a344cbd62.html

You could have stopped after your first three words. There is so much you do not see because you are mentally blind . A good example is your excuse for putting me on ignore. Same as jafar you decided along with him to run from the truth. You two are both clowns pretending to be highly enlightened people.
Both blindly scratching around in a deep and dark pit proudly screaming " let me in" instead of "please, help get me out"!--Tyr

Marcus Aurelius
03-02-2013, 10:52 AM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Robert A Whit http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=620358#post620358)

Further confirmation that in Jahil's tiny little mind, 1 person represents a group. That must mean all Muslims are ignorant, stupid, and lack moral fiber, just like Jahil. Hey, it's HIS logic, not mine.

Marcus Aurelius
03-02-2013, 10:57 AM
I am both conservative and a TEA Party supporter.

When have I ever made a Racial stereotype here Jafar?

If you cant come up with one your statement is invalid.

I have always respected your religion (just disagreed with those that control it) and have yet to see you do the same.

to call all of us on the right RACIST is absurd and you know I am right.

problem is, no... he doesn't know you're right. He believes it is perfectly reasonable to attribute the racism tag to all members of the Tea Party or the GOP, simply because one person used a racial comment... while at the same time complaining bitterly that people lump all Muslims together because of the actions of one person.

It's called selective stupidity, and Jahil suffers terribly from it.

aboutime
03-03-2013, 06:39 PM
Further confirmation that in Jahil's tiny little mind, 1 person represents a group. That must mean all Muslims are ignorant, stupid, and lack moral fiber, just like Jahil. Hey, it's HIS logic, not mine.

jafar uses whatever excuse is available to disguise his own racist, bigotry from being exposed. So, like our Democrat, Left, Liberals from America who gave Obama a second term. Any lie that has been used frequently...in jafar's mind, is no longer a lie, but the sign of a good propagandist who has no true knowledge of TRUTH.