PDA

View Full Version : Keswick Building in Baltimore Evacuated

mundame
02-26-2013, 02:05 PM
I decided to put this here instead of in terrorism or current events because we don't know what happened yet.

My husband called a couple hours ago and said he was in the parking lot where he works; that people on the floor below (purely office staff, he thinks) had become sick and they'd ordered everyone out as fast as possible and they were not allowed to leave the area.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/breaking/bs-hs-hopkins-keswick-evac-20130226,0,7312533.story

He just called back; they are telling everyone to go home now; 17 people have been taken to the hospital, but they have no idea at all what it is, assuming it's more than hysteria. They've got every emergency team around there taking samples and so on, so presumably they'll figure out what happened.

mundame
02-26-2013, 02:18 PM
http://www.wbaltv.com/image/view/-/19089676/highRes/1/-/maxh/460/maxw/620/-/ph6flaz/-/Hopkins-Keswick-hazmat-situation.jpg

They still don't know what it was; people couldn't breathe.

Robert A Whit
02-26-2013, 04:31 PM
Keep us posted please.

mundame
02-26-2013, 07:33 PM
They sent everyone home including my husband; the media doesn't know if the building will be open tomorrow. Now looking into food poisoning because they cannot find ANYthing in the air. But 17 people were taken ill suddenly, so that's not good. People started getting sick before 10 AM, kept right on.

So it was a weird day. I bet they don't open the building tomorrow because it is just too strange, unless they can definitely say what the problem was.

mundame
02-27-2013, 01:45 PM
So they closed the Keswick building today, too. I don't know if they'll keep it closed all week!! Hopefully not. Himself had a phone meeting and is about to go to a meeting held in another hospital building. We went out for breakfast and tried to find a trailer for our lawn tractor.

A terrible idea occurred to me --- could it be a hoax? They had a thing like that a few years ago in Baltimore, some people trying to get on disability, they all claimed to be sick from fumes from printer cartridge ink. But they were found out and fired.

18 people ended up hospitalized yesterday, however, so that would be a pretty big hoax. It's hard to believe in a conspiracy that big.

There is a problem with people going back if they really don't know what was going on. That really could trigger mass hysteria in the building. Also --- what if there really is some sort of problem?

Worrying.

mundame
02-28-2013, 07:28 AM
Okay, they found the source of poisoning: nitrates/nitrites in one water heater that people were using for coffee, etc. From the press release allowing people to come back to work:

Diligent testing identified a hot water heater in the south building of the Keswick complex. The heater harbored a source of nitrates and nitrites that made their way into hot water service in the north half of Keswick’s south building.
This discovery fits with the facts as we have come to understand them over the past two days.
First of all, nitrates and nitrites can cause the types of symptoms that employees reported. Second, the north side of the south building, where running water with those chemicals was found, is served by that hot water heater. Third, that is also the side of the building where sickened employees have reported coming into contact with water in various ways: eating food cooked with hot water, drinking beverages made with hot water, or using restrooms.
Now that the hot water heater has been identified as the problem, it has been cut out of the system.

Now, how did a concentration of nitrogen chemical so high that 21 people got sick immediately get into one water heater? They were REAL vague about this, said nothing in fact, in the press release. I'd guess it's a crime, though. Somebody has a problem with an ex who's a plumber?

jimnyc
02-28-2013, 11:36 AM
In the coffee? Oh man, I'd be dead!

aboutime
02-28-2013, 07:26 PM
In the coffee? Oh man, I'd be dead!

jimnyc. Kinda makes you wonder if this is related to the Dr. with the Camera Pen who Archie Bunker called a "GROIN-ocologist"???

Not a good week for the Hospital.

jafar00
02-28-2013, 09:07 PM
I decided to put this here instead of in terrorism or current events because we don't know what happened yet.

That's easy. Take a leaf out of Jewish controlled MSM. If there is one or more Muslims there, it's terrorism. If it's a non Muslim, it's an unfortunate event.

aboutime
02-28-2013, 10:33 PM
That's easy. Take a leaf out of Jewish controlled MSM. If there is one or more Muslims there, it's terrorism. If it's a non Muslim, it's an unfortunate event.

jafar. Must be true that your middle name is spelled "Bigot".