PDA

View Full Version : Bad Ass of the Week

darin
02-27-2013, 06:24 AM
From the "Holy Shit" files.

http://www.badassoftheweek.com/pun.html

Highlights:

As the Taliban soldier scrambled to his feet, Pun immediately swung his L85 Enfield assault rifle to bear, sighted down the barrel, and pulled the trigger.
Click.
Nothing happened. Weapon malfunction. So now, with less than a second to fuck around with before this Taliban guy pulled up his AK and smoked Pun straight into the "posthumous medal recipient" column of the Sunday Times, this fearless Gurkha kept his composure, stayed cool, and did what any ultra-insane badass would have done in this situation – he improvised. Sergeant Dipprasad Pun grabbed the tripod for his machine gun up off the deck, collapsed it down, and chucked it straight into that douchebag's face as hard as he could.

http://www.badassoftheweek.com/pun5.png

RoccoR
02-27-2013, 07:26 AM
dmp, et al,

Must have watched Chuck Norris movies.

(COMMENT)

Fact is stranger than fiction.

Most Respectfully,
R

Marcus Aurelius
02-27-2013, 08:54 AM
over 400 rounds, 17 grenades, and a freaking claymore!

damn.

cadet
02-27-2013, 09:07 AM
This is the site i look up for my research reports. :laugh:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-27-2013, 09:43 AM

http://www.badassoftheweek.com/pun.html

Highlights:

I would dearly love to be able to buy that man a beer, hell , make that a few cases of beer!! :beer:--Tyr

Voted4Reagan
02-27-2013, 10:03 AM
Gurkha's are truly badass.

Even their knives are bad ass.

That Kukri-Knife causes massive damage.

http://www.nepalkhukurihouse.com/uploads/him7-m.jpg

CSM
02-27-2013, 10:05 AM
How politically incorrect of this guy! He should have tried to negotiatie with those "freedom fighters". It is obvious he did not understand their point of view and thus overreacted to their clearly noble cause.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-27-2013, 10:35 AM
How politically incorrect of this guy! He should have tried to negotiatie with those "freedom fighters". It is obvious he did not understand their point of view and thus overreacted to their clearly noble cause.

True story about Gurkhas. I recall reading ages ago in a book on WW2 that an entire squad of Gurkhas volunteered for a very dangerous behind the enemy lines mission. Upon a short briefing about the basics of the coming mission the group of volunteers had a discussion , ALL volunteered and decided they only needed one questioned answered. So they sent their leader to the CO to ask. He asked the CO , How many do you expect to survive to fight? The CO thinking they meant after the fight gave an answer about expected casualties etc. then asked are some of your men now wanting to bail out of the mission that they to a man ALL volunteered for?
The Gurkha leader replied, Certainly not! The CO then asked a few more questions and found out the Gurkha's knew about jumping out of the plane behind enemy lines but every one to a man had no concept of parachutes!! They ALL volunteered all thinking that the plane was going to fly low over the ground and they would jump. Were expecting a great many would die on the jump alone but still not a single one of them wanted to bail out of the mission. Instead they simply wanted to know how likely it was that enough of them would survive to kill the Japs!!! Now that is badass.. True story.

p.s. Is from one of my books in my library if I can find it I will post the title and author here. -Tyr

Robert A Whit
02-27-2013, 11:16 AM
During WW 2, my Uncle Gene, a SGT with a Combat Engineers unit, was part of an invasion of one of the islands the Japs held.

Going into the interior, he suddenly had his helmet strap shot and broke and he was lucky to spot the glint off a barrel moving back into some rocks. Quickly he levels his M1-Garand at the hole and empties the clip.

He had a chance to dig at this spot in case the guy was alive and found the dead Jap. Hene noticed his diary. Grabbed it and some stuff as trophies.

The Diary was either in English or he had it translated.

The Jap had been educated in California at UC Berkeley and had gone back to Japan where he was pressed into their army. His Diary claimed as I can recall about 140 KIA.

Gene survived WW 2 and that was his only scratch. A few years after the war ended, Gene had just got back to Japan after leave in CA where I last saw him, and in the early days of Korea was shot to death by a river at Taejon, Korea. Mom woke up from sleeping to him telling her he just died and was ok. She told dad that Gene just died in a rice paddy. Dad tried to calm her down. A couple weeks later, the news came, missing in action. It was later the news finally got to CA he was KIA. We got his body about 6 months later. I attended his funeral.

Well, Mom described the way Gene died and I happened to know the unit he served with. I tried to check records but the internet is harder to use for some things than some may think.

PBS ran a film on the early days of Korea and spoke of his unit being at Taejon. I had not known the exact area other than it was early in the war.

Finally I had enough to try the internet again. I plugged away and finally was able to find the unit battle records for that day. I was then able to cross check the time of day in Korea to see if it matched the time of her experience. Mom had some just died family members contact her upon their death before. So, we could not simply brush her experience off.

The time matched perfectly.

Gene took a squad to a bridge over a river next to Taejon to blow it up. The North Koreans per the battle report had arrived with tanks and of course were raising hell. Gene blew the bridge and fell back to rice paddies. Where he was killed. Mom said she saw his body face down in said paddy.

Drummond
02-27-2013, 01:39 PM
Yep .. the Gurkhas are brilliant. We British owe them much, without a shadow of a doubt.

Needless to say, though, our Lefties were once inclined to take a markedly different view. Enter British celebrity Joanna Lumley on to the scene, a lady who campaigned tirelessly to win residency rights for the Gurkhas. She succeeded - - shaming the then-Labour Government in the process.

See ...

http://www.gurkhajustice.org.uk/

At midday on 21st May, Home Secretary Jacqui Smith made the announcement to the House of Commons (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8060607.stm) that the Gurkha Justice Campaign have been fighting for, for years. All ex-Gurkhas who have served more than 4 years in the British Army will have the right to settle in the UK if they wish.

After such a long fight, with huge ups and downs, this is a superb announcement.

We simply would not have won this fight without the massive, overwhelming support of all those who have supported our campaign. To the hundreds of thousands of people who have signed Gurkha Justice petitions, lobbied their MP, campaigned, attended rallies and marches - thank you so much to you all. This is your victory. It would not have happened without you.

The Government has now responded to that campaign after court cases, votes in Parliament, a huge media campaign and, most importantly, massive public support. I am delighted, and humbled, at what has been achieved by our remarkable team.

The whole campaign has been based on the belief that those who have fought and been prepared to die for our country should have the the right to live in our country. We owe them a debt of honour ...

That's Lefties for you .... :mad:

I would dearly love to be able to buy that man a beer, hell , make that a few cases of beer!! :beer:--Tyr:clap::clap::clap:

Well said !

Voted4Reagan
02-27-2013, 02:50 PM
My Grandfather had an uncle that served in the Connacht Rangers. He told me about the Gurkahs.

He said they were 100% not afraid of anything.

After this story... I see Grandpa was right.... as usual