PDA

View Full Version : Gabby: Listen to this song, learn it and LIVE IT

tailfins
02-27-2013, 12:39 PM
Eve Young & The Homesteaders, April 1950.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5idtTazU070

gabosaurus
02-27-2013, 05:11 PM
Tailfins, please tell me what some corny novelty song from 1950 has to do with me.

And since you are here, please tell me what the division of household chores is like in your home.

Case in point: Last night, I was late getting home from picking up our daughter from piano lessons. While I was gone, my husband finished washing and putting away dishes from dinner, cleaned the table, finished our washing and folded the clothes and vacuumed the front room from where our cat had torn up some newspaper.
My husband can (and often) do any household chose except cooking. how about you, Mr. Tailfins?

aboutime
02-27-2013, 05:19 PM
Tailfins, please tell me what some corny novelty song from 1950 has to do with me.

And since you are here, please tell me what the division of household chores is like in your home.

Case in point: Last night, I was late getting home from picking up our daughter from piano lessons. While I was gone, my husband finished washing and putting away dishes from dinner, cleaned the table, finished our washing and folded the clothes and vacuumed the front room from where our cat had torn up some newspaper.
My husband can (and often) do any household chose except cooking. how about you, Mr. Tailfins?

Honey Bun. "My mother used to sing that song to me when I was a little fella.
The song applies to you. Baked a Cake...not a Honey Bun!

tailfins
02-27-2013, 05:25 PM

I have two sons and have maybe changed six diapers in my lifetime. Does that answer your question? Regarding housework: I don't do jack! You should wait until the kids go to bed before doing your housework. I bet your husband would enjoy that pretty little frame of yours walking back and forth with the sweeper. From what other posters say, you're quite a looker. Post some pictures of yourself. Always play your strong suit!

jimnyc
02-27-2013, 05:30 PM

Should I list the regular household chores and child rearing and responsibilities of mine everyday? I have permanent wrinkles on my fingers from doing the dishes and I'm permanent enemies with the vacuum cleaner, broom & duster. Admittedly, due to flooding issues, our laundry gets done out and I just drop off and pick up. I ruin dinner 5 nights per week but am getting better. Then the non-stop crap with the kid, who is now 12, so I need not tell you what that entails. Oh, and I use the wet swiffer jet dry crap on our bathrooms, but while it cleans great, it leaves them very dull. Now I gotta go back over them again with a mop and cleaner to make them look acceptable to the WWOW. Oh, and I'm also a small taxi service.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-27-2013, 06:50 PM
Should I list the regular household chores and child rearing and responsibilities of mine everyday? I have permanent wrinkles on my fingers from doing the dishes and I'm permanent enemies with the vacuum cleaner, broom & duster. Admittedly, due to flooding issues, our laundry gets done out and I just drop off and pick up. I ruin dinner 5 nights per week but am getting better. Then the non-stop crap with the kid, who is now 12, so I need not tell you what that entails. Oh, and I use the wet swiffer jet dry crap on our bathrooms, but while it cleans great, it leaves them very dull. Now I gotta go back over them again with a mop and cleaner to make them look acceptable to the WWOW. Oh, and I'm also a small taxi service.

I quite often will transfer laundry from the washer to the dryer, do not toss my used towel on the bathroom floor and have even washed the dishes on special occasions. Cook my special dishes on occasion and take out the garbage. If I had wanted to do my own housework I would have stayed single.- ;) -Tyr

p.s. When my wife is sick I do all of it until she gets to feeling better. I am not a total PIG.

gabosaurus
02-27-2013, 07:57 PM
I have two sons and have maybe changed six diapers in my lifetime. Does that answer your question? Regarding housework: I don't do jack! You should wait until the kids go to bed before doing your housework.

You don't have a wife, you have an indentured servant. :rolleyes:
Not that I expected anything else.

My husband and I share all the household duties, including grocery shopping. The only thing my husband doesn't do is cook. Because I don't want him to blow up the house. :p
My daughter has her own list of chores. Which she does because she is a member of our family, not for an allowance.
Like tailfins, our cat does nothing but sit around demanding things. :laugh:

Robert A Whit
02-27-2013, 08:02 PM
You don't have a wife, you have an indentured servant. :rolleyes:
Not that I expected anything else.

My husband and I share all the household duties, including grocery shopping. The only thing my husband doesn't do is cook. Because I don't want him to blow up the house. :p
My daughter has her own list of chores. Which she does because she is a member of our family, not for an allowance.
Like tailfins, our cat does nothing but sit around demanding things. :laugh:

I see one smart cat. :laugh: