PDA

View Full Version : Transgender 6-year-old barred from girls' restroom

jimnyc
02-27-2013, 02:08 PM
This crap is getting absurd. a 6 year old? And we're supposed to encourage our kids using the same bathrooms as the opposite sex, because another child obviously has issues? Regardless of the reason, a child with boy parts should not be mingling with the girls. I wouldn't want my little girl perhaps seeing another kids wiener, whether that person 'believed' they were a little girl or not.

The parents of a transgender 6-year-old have filed a complaint with the Colorado Civil Rights Division because the child's elementary school banned her from using the girls' restroom.

The child, Coy Mathis, was born male but identifies as female. She had attended the public school in Fountain, Colo., south of Colorado Springs, since December 2011 before being pulled out by her parents.

"This is significant for both Colorado and nationally," said Michael Silverman, executive director of the Transgender Legal Defense & Education Fund, who is representing the family. "For Colorado, it is the first test of the Colorado Anti-Discrimination Act as related to access to bathrooms by transgender students.

"On a national level, as we see more and more transgender people coming out at younger and younger ages, people will be watching what happens in Colorado."

In November, a Maine state court ruled that a school district did not violate a transgender student's rights under the Maine Human Rights Act when it prohibited her from using the girls' restroom.

Wm. Kelly Dude, the lawyer for Fountain-Fort Carson School District 8, said there are no Colorado cases requiring public schools to permit transgender students to use restrooms of the gender with which they identify.

Transgender identity is a relatively new issue in the nation, so there is little uniformity among school district policies. Some in Colorado, including Boulder Valley Schools, have crafted detailed policies citing the state Anti-Discrimination Act. Others have not.

Boulder's guidelines specifically address restroom accessibility, stating that "students shall have access to the restroom that corresponds to their gender identity consistently asserted at school."

Coy Mathis wears girls' clothing, and students and staff used female pronouns when referring to her. But Fountain-Fort Carson administrators decided over winter break that the child should use the boys' restroom, the staff's restroom or the one in the school nurse's office.

That decision took into account "not only Coy, but other students in the building, their parents and the future impact a boy, with male genitals, using a girls' bathroom would have as Coy grew older," Dude wrote in a Dec. 28 letter to Silverman.

http://www.mercurynews.com/nation-world/ci_22679140/transgender-6-year-old-barred-from-girls-restroom

fj1200
02-27-2013, 02:13 PM
This crap is getting absurd.

Lack of parenting usually is.

jimnyc
02-27-2013, 02:18 PM
Lack of parenting usually is.

But worse, how many people are now going to 'go to bat' for this kid, for his/her "rights"? The "movement" will get larger and everyone will be some sort of bigot for denying them these "rights".

Syrenn
02-27-2013, 02:18 PM
I do not agree with it either.... i am rather sick of the PC crap.

simple solution to the problem is to stop calling them girl or ladies bathrooms... or boys or mens bathrooms.

Vaginas and Penises.... :wink2: that should take care of the issue.

none of the crap of what sex you are, think you are or want to be involved..... Dangly bits to the right.... no dangly bits to the lett.

tailfins
02-27-2013, 02:22 PM
A six year old mind isn't capable of coming up with this stuff. I call psychological abuse, likely from the parents.

fj1200
02-27-2013, 02:25 PM
The child, Coy Mathis, was born male but identifies as female. She had attended the public school in Fountain, Colo., south of Colorado Springs, since December 2011 before being pulled out by her parents.
http://www.mercurynews.com/nation-world/ci_22679140/transgender-6-year-old-barred-from-girls-restroom

That's why God invented private schools. Not every accommodation should be made for this sort of thing.

darin
02-27-2013, 02:26 PM
Fucking clearly a case of child abuse. Those parents need a savage beating of their mindsets. Tragedy right there. :(

glockmail
02-27-2013, 02:33 PM
I tried that trick in elementary school too, and it didn't work for me either. Sadly, it was many years later that I was finally able to see what was underneath those short little skirts...

:laugh:

Robert A Whit
02-27-2013, 02:37 PM
It it looks like a duck, don't put it in with chickens.

If the child looks like a male, the females will resent the male being with them.

I blame parents for messing up their kid so a male thinks he is a she.

Noir
02-27-2013, 02:42 PM
Gender designated restrooms for elementary schoolers?

fj1200
02-27-2013, 02:43 PM
Gender designated restrooms for elementary schoolers?

In my six-year olds class they have one bathroom but those in the halls are designated.

Thunderknuckles
02-27-2013, 02:45 PM
From the article:
"On a national level, as we see more and more transgender people coming out at younger and younger ages, people will be watching what happens in Colorado."

I am willing to bet both left and right testicles that the reason for this has nothing to do with them actually being transgender and everything to do with our society saying this is now an acceptable behavior as in "Hey kids, if you were born with a penis but think it would be cool to live life as a girl, go for it! Be whatever you want to be!"
There is no way a 6 year old comprehends the issues behind true transgenderism , if such a thing even exists which I highly doubt.

I know God did not design human beings like this and there is now way Evolution would end up with a good sampling of such an epic genetic mishap.

Abbey Marie
02-27-2013, 02:58 PM
I do not agree with it either.... i am rather sick of the PC crap.

simple solution to the problem is to stop calling them girl or ladies bathrooms... or boys or mens bathrooms.

Vaginas and Penises.... :wink2: that should take care of the issue.

none of the crap of what sex you are, think you are or want to be involved..... Dangly bits to the right.... no dangly bits to the lett.

Lol, I like it!

And in keeping with our "don't bother learning English" attitude, just a representative drawing on each door only. But then the questions begin: In what "condition" do they draw the penis? Circumsized or not? Pubic hair or not? And what a party we can draw on the Family bathroom at the mall! Oh, the questions go on and on. :laugh:

logroller
02-27-2013, 03:13 PM
Seems if people just closed the door to the stall, dangly bits would remain a private matter.

Syrenn
02-27-2013, 03:14 PM
Lol, I like it!

And in keeping with our "don't bother learning English" attitude, just a representative drawing on each door only. But then the questions begin: In what "condition" do they draw the penis? Circumsized or not? Pubic hair or not? And what a party we can draw on the Family bathroom at the mall! Oh, the questions go on and on. :laugh:

well??

it works doesn't it?

Syrenn
02-27-2013, 03:16 PM
Seems if people just closed the door to the stall, dangly bits would remain a private matter.

as a lady with no dangly bits..... a few things.

most men are pigs in a bathroom....and make a total mess.
stalls are not completely private.... I dont want them being able to see me...and i sure dont want to see them.

Thunderknuckles
02-27-2013, 03:33 PM

stalls are not completely private.... I dont want them being able to see me...and i sure dont want to see them.

I'm offended by your sexist comments and your charaterization of men as pigs while in the act of innocently snapping a yam. Jim, ban that intolerant shrew!

/sarcasm off

Yeah, we men operate under some different rules while in the restroom lol.

tailfins
02-27-2013, 03:37 PM
I'm offended by your sexist comments and your charaterization of men as pigs while in the act of innocently snapping a yam. Jim, ban that intolerant shrew!

/sarcasm off

Yeah, we men operate under some different rules while in the restroom lol.

Yes, men's rules are quite complex:

http://www.inmateaid.com/pages/details/prison_etiquette_-_give_respect_andor_get_respect/49

The last bit of etiquette is never easy to explain, to write or to even read, but nature calls. If you are confined to a cell with one or two inmates, using the toilet is a sensitive but necessary occurrence. When you have to go, the other inmate(s) will turn their back and you MUST flush immediately and often during this process to avoid smelling up the confined space. If the restrooms are in the dormitory-style setting, the toilets are where the sinks and showers are. Do your "business" and flush constantly. Do not sit there and subject the other inmates to your "product". You will be paid a visit if you fail to respect another inmate's time to brush their teeth or to take a shower. Using the toilet is something everyone has to do, but be respectful. The first time, you will be reminded (if you delay your flush), "Water is free". Don't let it happen a second time. Remember, flush early and often.

logroller
02-27-2013, 04:08 PM

As a man with three women in the house both growing up and now as a husband and father,i can say that women are pigs in the bathroom too. Here's another crazy idea; how about teaching children to clean up after themselves?
Have you ever seen another woman's lady parts in the bathroom? I've managed not to see dangly bits. In fact, I've even seen a woman in a mens room and I managed, somehow, despite my sex-linked pig tendencies, to abstain from ogling her lady parts...I dont know that she even had them. I suppose learning common bathroom etiquette like clean up after yourself and not staring into closed stalls is too much to expect from people. so we must teach our children that separation is absolutely necessary so that boys can piss all over the place and to prevent the inevitable ogling that will surely take place it there isn't brick and mortar separating us from the opposite sex. Or, maybe its all just social of political correct bullwhip concocted to promulgate sex and gender roles. Reminds me of my mother in law the other day, saying that a man should have a job and be able to keep his wife at home. Uh ok, i said, and a woman should obey her husband, his word is final and she shouldn't question him or disagree with him public...she wasn't too keen on the idea. It's pretty hypocritical how people want to pick and choose their own gender roles, yet tell others to conform to the status quo.

tailfins
02-27-2013, 04:09 PM
NOW this makes sense! However, the parents chose a bad criteria for an affirmative advantage edge. Being Latino and Indigenous are the affirmative action edge my kids have and for sure that's a much healthier edge.

Kathianne
02-27-2013, 04:35 PM
A six year old mind isn't capable of coming up with this stuff. I call psychological abuse, likely from the parents.

Not often I agree with you, but sexualizing a child of six is wrong. Perhaps he tends feminine, just like many girls tend 'tomboy,' at that age. Weird.

jimnyc
02-27-2013, 04:43 PM
As a man with three women in the house both growing up and now as a husband and father,i can say that women are pigs in the bathroom too. Here's another crazy idea; how about teaching children to clean up after themselves?
Have you ever seen another woman's lady parts in the bathroom? I've managed not to see dangly bits. In fact, I've even seen a woman in a mens room and I managed, somehow, despite my sex-linked pig tendencies, to abstain from ogling her lady parts...I dont know that she even had them. I suppose learning common bathroom etiquette like clean up after yourself and not staring into closed stalls is too much to expect from people. so we must teach our children that separation is absolutely necessary so that boys can piss all over the place and to prevent the inevitable ogling that will surely take place it there isn't brick and mortar separating us from the opposite sex. Or, maybe its all just social of political correct bullwhip concocted to promulgate sex and gender roles. Reminds me of my mother in law the other day, saying that a man should have a job and be able to keep his wife at home. Uh ok, i said, and a woman should obey her husband, his word is final and she shouldn't question him or disagree with him public...she wasn't too keen on the idea. It's pretty hypocritical how people want to pick and choose their own gender roles, yet tell others to conform to the status quo.

See, now if this were me, and she wasn't 500 pounds, I would have been keeping a keen eye on her. :beer:

And kids, they are VERY curious. If this is a shared bathroom, where the kids are in there at the same time, only a matter of time before there is some sort of incident. And it's not just to worry that the young girls may see something inappropriate, but these girls and their parents may not like the chances that this kid sees their daughter.

Abbey Marie
02-27-2013, 05:04 PM
well??

it works doesn't it?

No question :cool:

gabosaurus
02-27-2013, 05:13 PM
Fucking clearly a case of child abuse. Those parents need a savage beating of their mindsets. Tragedy right there. :(

A 6-year-old is NOT mentally able to identify herself as "transgender." This is a parental attention getting device more than anything.

Abbey Marie
02-27-2013, 05:14 PM
A 6-year-old is NOT mentally able to identify herself as "transgender." This is a parental attention getting device more than anything.

And/or prep for the inevitable lawsuit against the District.

logroller
02-27-2013, 06:28 PM
See, now if this were me, and she wasn't 500 pounds, I would have been keeping a keen eye on her. :beer:

And kids, they are VERY curious. If this is a shared bathroom, where the kids are in there at the same time, only a matter of time before there is some sort of incident. And it's not just to worry that the young girls may see something inappropriate, but these girls and their parents may not like the chances that this kid sees their daughter.
ugh, gross. You like German scheissen videos too?

Kids at that age I wouldn't put it past them to walk out with their pants down asking an adult to wipe their butt. They need to be taught appropriate behavior; separate but equal only increases that curiousity-- i.e forbidden fruit. A boy becoming a man and girl, a lady, has little to do with one's comprehension of dangly bits. Such blatant sexual separation is at the base of any number of gender stereotypes.

Kathianne
02-27-2013, 06:31 PM

Indeed. The parents have an agenda and are using the child. Sad, on many levels.

Syrenn
02-28-2013, 06:46 AM

I am all for good bathroom manners being taught from childhood and used throughout life. I told the first man i lived with that if he made a mess in the bathroom expect to be cleaning it up after every use, i was not a maid.

But from experience...man piss and dribble all over the seat and floor if not trained well, more so in public places where they are not subject to ridicule. Little boys like to play with their fire hoses....and could care less if they make messes.

so yes... as i said MOST men are pigs in bathrooms.

Syrenn
02-28-2013, 06:54 AM
ugh, gross. You like German scheissen videos too?

Kids at that age I wouldn't put it past them to walk out with their pants down asking an adult to wipe their butt. They need to be taught appropriate behavior; separate but equal only increases that curiousity-- i.e forbidden fruit. A boy becoming a man and girl, a lady, has little to do with one's comprehension of dangly bits. Such blatant sexual separation is at the base of any number of gender stereotypes.

obviously.... this little boy has quite the comprehension of its dangly bits....and thinks they are all wrong.

If anything its parents are the ones forcing stereotypes onto this already confused child. It wants to be a girl...so of course wants to use the girls bathroom. If they were trying to stop a stereotype...then it should also be alright for the child to use a boys bathroom.

mundame
02-28-2013, 07:47 AM
In my opinion this is just homosexual agenda pushing.

The point is to get transvestites into women's restrooms, women's prisons, etc. These transvestites are psychotics and I would not feel AT ALL comfortable with some big six-foot guy wearing a dress and a wig coming into the women's restroom!!!!!

What are they REALLY, that's the question. If they have male genitalia they are male and I don't care what they wish they were. This society needs to stick with that gender definition and not go wobbly.

That kid will grow up and get weirder and weirder and become a serious public problem if they let him use the girls room now.

Marcus Aurelius
02-28-2013, 08:20 AM
In my six-year olds class they have one bathroom but those in the halls are designated.

But I doubt they have more than one person at a time in them.

fj1200
02-28-2013, 08:24 AM
But I doubt they have more than one person at a time in them.

Of course. :confused:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-28-2013, 08:39 AM
I am all for good bathroom manners being taught from childhood and used throughout life. I told the first man i lived with that if he made a mess in the bathroom expect to be cleaning it up after every use, i was not a maid.

But from experience...man piss and dribble all over the seat and floor if not trained well, more so in public places where they are not subject to ridicule. Little boys like to play with their fire hoses....and could care less if they make messes.

so yes... as i said MOST men are pigs in bathrooms.

Fire hoses are meant to be aimed. Any little boy should be taught to properly aim and that includes both his very own fire hose and his father's guns when he becomes the correct age to learn. Neglecting such responsibilities have bad results later in life.
I remember the first girl that moved in to live with me right away told me that I was neat and clean in the bathroom except one thing . I asked what is that, she told me that I sometimes forgot to put the cap back on the toothpaste and often tossed my used towel into the floor. I told her , so what, big deal. She came back with , when you have to start doing your own laundry you'll see how big of a deal it is. I put my used towel in the hamper after that and didn't forget about toothpaste either. Really loved that gal, married her a year later. First wife and she was a stone cold fox . Too bad that drugs got the best of her.. -Tyr

Voted4Reagan
02-28-2013, 08:53 AM
If it hurts the Teachers Union I say let the parents sue.

I am Tired of teachers marginalizing these kids and eliminating competition.

When my kids had field day there were NO WINNERS. I called Bullshit on that!

I knew my son would win the running events and every time he did I gave him a Blue Ribbon with "First Place" on it.

The teachers all said I wasn't allowed to do that, and that the other kids would feel bad. I told them one thing.

"I DON'T CARE, My son won and I'll make sure he knows it"

His teachers dont like me much.... but they fear me. I like it that way.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-28-2013, 09:33 AM

I knew my son would win the running events and every time he did I gave him a Blue Ribbon with "First Place" on it.

The teachers all said I wasn't allowed to do that, and that the other kids would feel bad. I told them one thing.

Fear is a good thing. It helps keep the wolves at bay. My time and my environment back in the day required that a lot. If you were not feared you faced many forms of harassment . To be feared did mean you had to beat a damn lot of people down but it was better than the alternative. Of course back then the trick was to do that and not be bullying lesser opponents. We had an unwritten rule about bullies regardless of their age or size. That was to beat their azzes in a one on one fight. If you could do that to four or five much older bullies you were in like Flint! Soon it became a kind of hobby so to speak.
Yet I am happy that my son will not have to grow up in an environment that damn tough now. I'll teach him to be tough, to be a man but hope he never has to face what I did.-Tyr

mundame
02-28-2013, 09:39 AM
Fire hoses are meant to be aimed. Any little boy should be taught to properly aim and that includes both his very own fire hose and his father's guns when he becomes the correct age to learn. Neglecting such responsibilities have bad results later in life.
I remember the first girl that moved in to live with me right away told me that I was neat and clean in the bathroom except one thing . I asked what is that, she told me that I sometimes forgot to put the cap back on the toothpaste and often tossed my used towel into the floor. I told her , so what, big deal. She came back with , when you have to start doing your own laundry you'll see how big of a deal it is. I put my used towel in the hamper after that and didn't forget about toothpaste either. Really loved that gal, married her a year later. First wife and she was a stone cold fox . Too bad that drugs got the best of her.. -Tyr

Aw, Tyr ---- that's a great story. But sad.

tailfins
02-28-2013, 10:05 AM
Fear is a good thing. It helps keep the wolves at bay. My time and my environment back in the day required that a lot. If you were not feared you faced many forms of harassment . To be feared did mean you had to beat a damn lot of people down but it was better than the alternative. Of course back then the trick was to do that and not be bullying lesser opponents. We had an unwritten rule about bullies regardless of their age or size. That was to beat their azzes in a one on one fight. If you could do that to four or five much older bullies you were in like Flint! Soon it became a kind of hobby so to speak.
Yet I am happy that my son will not have to grow up in an environment that damn tough now. I'll teach him to be tough, to be a man but hope he never has to face what I did.-Tyr

That's "in like Flynn". If you're going to appropriate a Bostonian expression, please do it right. It makes you sound like you're commenting from the Peanut Gallery. It's a wicked huge mistake.

fj1200
02-28-2013, 10:11 AM
^That's true for all intensive purposes. ;)

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-28-2013, 10:30 AM
That's "in like Flynn". If you're going to appropriate a Bostonian expression, please do it right. It makes you sound like you're commenting from the Peanut Gallery. It's a wicked huge mistake.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_Like_Flint

In Like Flint (1967 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1967_in_film)) is a film directed by Gordon Douglas (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gordon_Douglas_(director)), the sequel to the parody spy film Our Man Flint (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Our_Man_Flint)(1966).
It posits an international feminist (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feminist) conspiracy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cabal) to depose the ruling American patriarchy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patriarchy) with a feministmatriarchy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matriarchy). To achieve and establish it, they kidnap and replace the U.S. President, discredit the head of the Z.O.W.I.E. intelligence agency, and commandeer a nuclear-armed (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_weapon) space platform, all directed from Fabulous Face, a women's spa in the Virgin Islands (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virgin_Islands). Circumstances compel ex-secret agent Derek Flint (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derek_Flint) to help his ex-boss, and so uncover the conspiracy.
Actors James Coburn (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Coburn) and Lee J. Cobb (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_J._Cobb) reprise their roles as "Derek Flint" and spy chief "Lloyd C. Cramden", Flint's ex-boss. The ad campaign featured a classic piece of movie poster artwork by Bob Peak (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Peak).
This film and Caprice (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caprice_(1967_film)) with Doris Day (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doris_Day) were the last films made in CinemaScope (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CinemaScope), with Fox and other studios moving to Panavision (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panavision) and other widescreen processes.
The title is a play on the phrase "in like Flynn (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_like_Flynn)."[3 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_Like_Flint#cite_note-3)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"In Like Flint" has been a second version of "In Like Flynn" for a very long time. I prefer it to the original and always have.
Next time don't be so quick to jump.
"In like Flint" became a popular saying here in the South since the early 60's and the popularity of the show, Our Man Flint , starring one of my favorite actors, James Coburn.-Tyr

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/our_man_flint/
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My post , I will choose which version I like. The Peanut gallery has spoken..- ;)-Tyr

logroller
02-28-2013, 10:32 AM
obviously.... this little boy has quite the comprehension of its dangly bits....and thinks they are all wrong.

If anything its parents are the ones forcing stereotypes onto this already confused child. It wants to be a girl...so of course wants to use the girls bathroom. If they were trying to stop a stereotype...then it should also be alright for the child to use a boys bathroom.
i just got to thinking, maybe he sits to pee and doesn't want to use the boys restroom for he exact reason you don't.

fj1200
02-28-2013, 10:50 AM
In like Flint (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=In%20like%20flint)

Used by morons who are either too stupid, young, or lazy to make themselves aware of the original meaning of the phrase "In like FLYNN." Originated from the actor ERROL FLYNN, who was an early twentieth century actor well known for being a ladies man.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-28-2013, 11:00 AM
^That's true for all intensive purposes. ;)

No, it is not true for all intensive purposes simply because I did not appropriate a Bostonian saying to start with.
You are as clueless about it as he is . A bit daft too. My post clearly shows there are two versions of the saying. I simply chose the 2nd version. Since it was my post it was my damn business. Around here the term "In like Flint" is very commonly used. So ff-off you little weasel azzhat..:pokenest:--Tyr

taft2012
02-28-2013, 11:00 AM
In like Flint (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=In%20like%20flint)

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTIzOTM1MDUzMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTQzMTAyMQ@@._ V1_SY317_CR2,0,214,317_.jpg

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-28-2013, 11:03 AM

Used by people that choose not to adopt a Bostonian(Yankee) phrase.
Evidence given but as usual you are too damn stupid to accept it. Are you still missing your little buddy?-:laugh2:
Too bad sidekick you lost your false hero Major..:laugh:--Tyr

Your link chump, welcome to try anytime!!

<tbody>
Used by morons who are either too stupid, young, or lazy to make themselves aware of the original meaning of the phrase "In like FLYNN." Originated from the actor ERROL FLYNN, who was an early twentieth century actor well known for being a ladies man.

Next time you hear someone say 'in like flint' slap them unless they're talking about the 1967 movie by the same title.

</tbody>

tailfins
02-28-2013, 11:04 AM
fj1200

I thought it was about a depression-era politician named Flynn so corrupt that he alone could decide who wins an election. "In like Flint" is apparently from 1967 and is a misquote of the depression-era term.

fj1200
02-28-2013, 11:07 AM
No, it is not true for all intensive purposes ...

Do you also use that one incorrectly (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=for+all+intensive+purposes)?

Nonsense, it means nothing. Its what people say when they really mean to say "for all intents and purposes".1. For all intents and purposes = Correct

2. To all intents and purposes = Correct

3. For all intensive purposes = WRONG! You should have paid attention in English class!

... simply because I did not appropriate a Bostonian saying to start with.
You are as clueless about it as he is . A bit daft too. My post clearly shows there are two versions of the saying. I simply chose the 2nd version. Since it was my post it was my damn business. Around here the term "In like Flint" is very commonly used. So ff-off you little weasel azzhat..:pokenest:--Tyr

A group of people being incorrect, even for some length of time, does not make them any less incorrect (http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/198700.html).

Edward J. Flynn had not been associated with the phrase 'in like Flynn' prior to the efforts by etymologists to explain it though and no records from the 1940s make any such link. It seems very much more likely that Errol Flynn is the Flynn in question and, although the phrase may have been used before he was at the peak of his celebrity, it became well-known by association with him.
The 1967 James Coburn starred in the film, In Like Flint. This was a sequel to the 1966 Our Man Flint and presumably the screenwriters, on the lookout for another 'Flint' phrase, opted for a play on 'In like Flynn'. There's now some confusion between the two phrases and some use 'In like Flint' as if it were synonymous with 'In like Flynn'.

"As if it were" but no less wrong.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-28-2013, 11:14 AM
Do you also use that one incorrectly (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=for+all+intensive+purposes)?

[/FONT][/COLOR][/I][/FONT][/COLOR]

A group of people being incorrect, even for some length of time, does not make them any less incorrect (http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/198700.html).

"As if it were" but no less wrong.

A chump and fool refusing to accept that I chose In Like Flint because I wanted to not because I was not aware of the other version should be told what an idiot he is and I told you punk.
Don't like it tough.
Still missing your hero Major I see..:laugh2:

By the way "intensive" was used for a reason , get it fool??

My pm still stands as always chump. Send one and I'll oblige ... -Tyr

fj1200
02-28-2013, 11:17 AM
http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTIzOTM1MDUzMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTQzMTAyMQ@@._ V1_SY317_CR2,0,214,317_.jpg

Please point out where I suggested that there was not a movie made attempting to mimic an already existing phrase.

Used by people that choose not to adopt a Bostonian(Yankee) phrase.

Actually it's not Bostonian, it refers to an actor.

Evidence given but as usual you are too damn stupid to accept it. Are you still missing your little buddy?-:laugh2:
Too bad sidekick you lost your false hero Major..:laugh:--Tyr

Your link chump, welcome to try anytime!!

<tbody>

Next time you hear someone say 'in like flint' slap them unless they're talking about the 1967 movie by the same title.

</tbody>

Why would I slap anyone for demonstrating ignorance. And considering your attempted use of the phrase derived from the bastardization of an earlier phrase... you were clearly not talking about a movie.

My "buddy"? You must mean someone who doesn't accept your blather.

I thought it was about a depression-era politician named Flynn so corrupt that he alone could decide who wins an election. "In like Flint" is apparently from 1967 and is a misquote of the depression-era term.

Nope, the great actoooor from the talkies who goes by the name Leslie Flynn. ;)

tailfins
02-28-2013, 11:24 AM
Nope, the great actoooor from the talkies who goes by the name Leslie Flynn. ;)

The context of being "in" would suggest winning an election. After some research it appears to have ORIGINATED in the Bronx referring to Edward J. Flynn. It could also have referred to Errol Flynn attaining US citizenship. Both occurred during the same time frame.

fj1200
02-28-2013, 11:24 AM
A chump and fool refusing to accept that I chose In Like Flint because I wanted to not because I was not aware of the other version should be told what an idiot he is and I told you punk.
Don't like it tough.

I don't like it? I don't care if you choose to be wrong. I just thought I'd throw a bit of edumacation your way.

Still missing your hero Major I see..:laugh2:

Meh. It was nothing like the circle jerks you get involved in.

By the way "intensive" was used for a reason , get it fool??

No, I doubt your cleverness.

My pm still stands as always chump. Send one and I'll oblige ... -Tyr

Your PM? I don't know what you're talking about.

jimnyc
02-28-2013, 11:25 AM
Less fighting, more debating? :dunno:

fj1200
02-28-2013, 11:27 AM
The context of being "in" would suggest winning an election. After some research it appears to have ORIGINATED in the Bronx referring to Edward J. Flynn. It could also have referred to Errol Flynn attaining US citizenship. Both occurred during the same time frame.

This link probably has the best background on the phrase.

In like Flynn (http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/198700.html)

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-28-2013, 11:41 AM
My "buddy"? You must mean someone who doesn't accept your blather.

No I meant your hero that you recently lost. You can have hope for another lying weasel to latch onto Pedro.
Internet has an abundance of such lying blowhards. Hang around surely another will come along and you can latch right on to THAT WINDBAG and follow that chump around echoing his bullshat.- :laugh::laugh:-Tyr

Thunderknuckles
02-28-2013, 11:56 AM
For all offensive purposes you guys have gone way off the reservation in this thread :p

logroller
02-28-2013, 12:37 PM
Sit to pee'ers to the left, stand to pee'ers to the right.

fj1200
02-28-2013, 12:47 PM
No I meant your hero that you recently lost. You can have hope for another lying weasel to latch onto Pedro.
Internet has an abundance of such lying blowhards. Hang around surely another will come along and you can latch right on to THAT WINDBAG and follow that chump around echoing his bullshat.- :laugh::laugh:-Tyr

I can't understand why you need to cover your blather with references to my "hero." Oh wait, yes I can. :rolleyes:

Listen, I could care less what phrases you choose to use incorrectly but your insistence that they are one in the same is laughable. I just thought you might like to nip it in the butt, your misuse that is, but I can see now that for all intensive purposes you will choose not too. If you want to think that others don't see what you're doing you've got another thing coming.

. (http://www.connectingsingles.com/article13/5-sayings-most-people-get-wrong.htm)

tailfins
02-28-2013, 12:53 PM
I can't understand why you need to cover your blather with references to my "hero." Oh wait, yes I can. :rolleyes:

Listen, I could care less what phrases you choose to use incorrectly but your insistence that they are one in the same is laughable. I just thought you might like to nip it in the butt, your misuse that is, but I can see now that for all intensive purposes you will choose not too. If you want to think that others don't see what you're doing you've got another thing coming.

. (http://www.connectingsingles.com/article13/5-sayings-most-people-get-wrong.htm)

This is almost as much fun as a crossword puzzle. Did I miss any?

fj1200
02-28-2013, 12:55 PM
This is almost as much fun as a crossword puzzle. Did I miss any?

:laugh: Yup, there's one more. :laugh:

Abbey Marie
02-28-2013, 04:23 PM

I'm with you on the unions, but I don't see how a lawsuit by the parents here affects them. If the District is sued, it is the taxpayers in that District who end up footing the biil, in all likelihood.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-28-2013, 07:03 PM

Asswipe I never claimed they were the same , you did dumbass. You did by agreeing I was saying one while intending the other . That claim was false dumbass punk. I cited where my usage came from and even listed how some confuse the two and even think it is a 2nd version(a claim I do not care to dispute). That had nothing to do with your claiming I was unaware of the other saying. I mentioned your Major hero because you start crap like this because I always bested that lying chump too and you ever so miss stroking his ego among other things.
Same way you did my friend's joke thread here. Nice going too because he doesn't post here any more. Unlike you he does not like spewing bullshat. Tyr

02-28-2013, 07:03 PM
Sorry, if he has male genitalia, he is a boy. Don't care if he wants to be a girl. He isn't. Lying to oneself isn't healthy. And no one else should be expected to lie because you do.

Parents not be allowed near these children.

cadet
02-28-2013, 08:37 PM
Sorry, if he has male genitalia, he is a boy. Don't care if he wants to be a girl. He isn't. Lying to oneself isn't healthy. And no one else should be expected to lie because you do.

I know a guy, he's a she now.
He's gonna be a he until he can get rid of that Y chromosome.

Also, to the thread, kid's don't know what gay and strait are until they're in middle school at least. It sickens me when teachers in grade school say "It's ok to be gay little johnny." Hell, I thought girls had cooties till 7th grade. (Sometimes I believe the cooties have affected their brain, pretty sure i'm immune by now though)
And that's where my opinion ends on the subject.

aboutime
02-28-2013, 08:41 PM

avatar. Anyone who claims to be something they physically ARE NOT. Do not have a physical problem, but more of a mental problem that has been accepted by much of society as AN EXCUSE. Where they, like gays from both genders...find security in the Political correctness of a society that wants, and needs to find any excuse NOT TO OBEY the laws of man.

logroller
02-28-2013, 09:55 PM
avatar. Anyone who claims to be something they physically ARE NOT. Do not have a physical problem, but more of a mental problem that has been accepted by much of society as AN EXCUSE. Where they, like gays from both genders...find security in the Political correctness of a society that wants, and needs to find any excuse NOT TO OBEY the laws of man.
Please present the law of man, i.e. a MAXIM, that mandates men and women to use different toilets. Whatever you present i imagine will have no more rational authority than COLOREDS AND WHITES. The simple fact is it doesn't matter what bathroom one uses, its how they use it. I can wear bra and a skirt and still piss in a urinal, or wear a three piece suit and crap in the ladies room. Whatever issues this kid is dealing with have nothing to do how he uses the bathroom and , thus, has nothing to do with which bathroom he uses.

cadet
02-28-2013, 10:07 PM
Please present the law of man, i.e. a MAXIM, that mandates men and women to use different toilets. Whatever you present i imagine will have no more rational authority than COLOREDS AND WHITES. The simple fact is it doesn't matter what bathroom one uses, its how they use it. I can wear bra and a skirt and still piss in a urinal, or wear a three piece suit and crap in the ladies room. Whatever issues this kid is dealing with have nothing to do how he uses the bathroom and , thus, has nothing to do with which bathroom he uses.

What happened to boys being gentleman and girls being ladies?
Law's have nothing to do with this, this boils down to good morals and being decent.

fj1200
02-28-2013, 10:13 PM
Asswipe I never claimed they were the same , you did dumbass. You did by agreeing I was saying one while intending the other . That claim was false dumbass punk. I cited where my usage came from and even listed how some confuse the two and even think it is a 2nd version(a claim I do not care to dispute). That had nothing to do with your claiming I was unaware of the other saying. I mentioned your Major hero because you start crap like this because I always bested that lying chump too and you ever so miss stroking his ego among other things.
Same way you did my friend's joke thread here. Nice going too because he doesn't post here any more. Unlike you he does not like spewing bullshat. Tyr

As you say dude. Keep trying to cover with your references to other posters though. I'm sure it'll work for some of your clan.

And we miss so much substance without the joke posting here don't we? You besting. :laugh:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-28-2013, 10:23 PM
As you say dude.

^^^^^^^ Thanks , you finally admit your errors.. Hope for you yet.:laugh:--Tyr

logroller
02-28-2013, 10:38 PM
What happened to boys being gentleman and girls being ladies?
Law's have nothing to do with this, this boils down to good morals and being decent.
Morals and being decent behavior is in no way a maxim defined by who uses what bathroom. Evidenced by the fact millions of men fail to put the seat down, and countless people don't wash their hands after using the restroom-- its unrelated to natural law. Decent behavior and morals are the things which we must learn and respect; it has nothing to do with who has dangly bits. I'd take a world full of dangly bit ladies and vajayjay gentlemen over tramps that merely know what a sign reads.

fj1200
02-28-2013, 10:42 PM
^^^^^^^ Thanks , you finally admit your errors.. Hope for you yet.:laugh:--Tyr

My error was 12 hours ago greatly overestimating your ability to learn. But way to try the easy way out.

cadet
02-28-2013, 11:03 PM
Morals and being decent behavior is in no way a maxim defined by who uses what bathroom. Evidenced by the fact millions of men fail to put the seat down, and countless people don't wash their hands after using the restroom-- its unrelated to natural law. Decent behavior and morals are the things which we must learn and respect; it has nothing to do with who has dangly bits. I'd take a world full of dangly bit ladies and vajayjay gentlemen over tramps that merely know what a sign reads.

In other words you're a perv who just wants to see women in the bathroom.

If decency can't be taught to you, you're a lost cause. I rest my case.

logroller
02-28-2013, 11:20 PM
In other words you're a perv who just wants to see women in the bathroom.

If decency can't be taught to you, you're a lost cause. I rest my case.
Oh no you didn't...I've already stated in this thread that I've witnessed a woman use a men's room, (funny story actually) it was even the urinal, and I managed to avoid seeing her lady parts, (I can link to it, if you desire), but I suppose, in other words, that you use the men's room so you can see men in there. :gay:
I love women. And that love involves respect that is regardless of sexual gratification. But thats besides the point; for i garner no sexual gratification from sneaking a peak at their using the restroom....showering, well, different story...but Ill thank you to not accuse me of being a pervert....unless you prefer I address you as a peter-peaking pansy queer. :laugh2:

cadet
02-28-2013, 11:48 PM
Oh no you didn't...I've already stated in this thread that I've witnessed a woman use a men's room, (funny story actually) it was even the urinal, and I managed to avoid seeing her lady parts, (I can link to it, if you desire), but I suppose, in other words, that you use the men's room so you can see men in there. :gay:
I love women. And that love involves respect that is regardless of sexual gratification. But thats besides the point; for i garner no sexual gratification from sneaking a peak at their using the restroom....showering, well, different story...but Ill thank you to not accuse me of being a pervert....unless you prefer I address you as a peter-peaking pansy queer. :laugh2:

No, I just have the decency to stride far away when it comes to sharing a bathroom.
The last thing i want to do is have to drop a number 2 with a girl listening. :laugh:
kinda gross. Plus, the bathroom is the only place a guy can go and say "Finally, don't have to worry about showing off to a girl!"

And here's a situation. You're trying to get out of a date, and decide the best way would be to climb out of the bathroom window. You say "I have to use the utilities, I'll be right back."
And she say's "Oh, me too. I'll come with."
Damn, ain't gettin away with that one.

Problem 2. It's bad enough with all the girls sneaking into the bathrooms to "get some." And vise versa. Imagine how awkward and often it'll be with the free access. Sorry, I don't necessary want perverted high school teenagers given the chance to sneak off to the bathroom together. Teen pregnancy is bad enough.
And don't get me started on how the teen boys would act! (I wouldn't know what the girls would do, i just know the teen boys would be quite rude about looking)

logroller
03-01-2013, 12:20 AM
No, I just have the decency to stride far away when it comes to sharing a bathroom.
The last thing i want to do is have to drop a number 2 with a girl listening. :laugh:
kinda gross. Plus, the bathroom is the only place a guy can go and say "Finally, don't have to worry about showing off to a girl!"

And here's a situation. You're trying to get out of a date, and decide the best way would be to climb out of the bathroom window. You say "I have to use the utilities, I'll be right back."

Problem 2. It's bad enough with all the girls sneaking into the bathrooms to "get some." And vise versa. Imagine how awkward and often it'll be with the free access. Sorry, I don't necessary want perverted high school teenagers given the chance to sneak off to the bathroom together. Teen pregnancy is bad enough.
And don't get me started on how the teen boys would act! (I wouldn't know what the girls would do, i just know the teen boys would be quite rude about looking)
EVERYBODY POOPS dude...THAT IS NATURAL LAW. Those who make laws and rules which subvert this maxim are destined for disappointment.
as for problem #2, (although your problem #1 was, in fact, an issue with #2) be a gentleman and tell her you're just not interested in her that way-- Don't be a coward and crawl out the window-- how do you think that make her feel? (or him perhaps, requiring you to use the girls bathroom for your escape) As for teen boys, what's to keep them from peeking into the adjacent stall whilst crawling out the window? you queers come up with the craziest excuses for trying to sneak a peak at my junk:poke:

cadet
03-01-2013, 12:30 AM
EVERYBODY POOPS dude...THAT IS NATURAL LAW. Those who make laws and rules which subvert this maxim are destined for disappointment.
as for problem #2, (although your problem #1 was, in fact, an issue with #2) be a gentleman and tell her you're just not interested in her that way-- Don't be a coward and crawl out the window-- how do you think that make her feel? (or him perhaps, requiring you to use the girls bathroom for your escape) As for teen boys, what's to keep them from peeking into the adjacent stall whilst crawling out the window? you queers come up with the craziest excuses for trying to sneak a peak at my junk:poke:

Yeah, but it's GROSS, Wrong, and Uncomfortable for some of us to have girls there while we're trying to do our business.
Just throw a middle finger to those of us who find that being a gentleman includes not farting in front of a girl. And I'm sure girls are just as, if not more than, uncomfortable with body functions in front of boys.

Edit; Plenty of boys would die of embarrassment if put in that type of situation, i know when i was smaller i would have.
And probably my brothers as well. Kids tend to be quite insecure. And then teenagers would just try to sneak a peak every chance they got. (imagine the girl they're sneaking peaks at is your daughter)

03-01-2013, 12:39 AM

Why does everything need to be a law? Can't something be right without it being a law? Can't something be wrong without it being against the law?

03-01-2013, 12:43 AM
The last thing i want to do is have to drop a number 2 with a girl listening.

Problem 1: If you have to climb out the window, you should probably be using the ladies room. Because you aren't a man. A man would be honest and kind with his date. A gentleman tries to treat a woman better than he found her, even if she isn't going to be his eternal mate.

Problem 2: I completely agree.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-01-2013, 07:57 AM

Its really just about letting the gays see each other's equipment at a younger age . A perverted concept the progressives thought up because they are so f'ed up themselves. Such people have been trying to make homosexuality to be normal for a long time, now they want to make childhood sex start earlier by this crap. Crap and more crap from the crap people...-Tyr

logroller
03-02-2013, 03:04 AM
Yeah, but it's GROSS, Wrong, and Uncomfortable for some of us to have girls there while we're trying to do our business.
Just throw a middle finger to those of us who find that being a gentleman includes not farting in front of a girl. And I'm sure girls are just as, if not more than, uncomfortable with body functions in front of boys.

Edit; Plenty of boys would die of embarrassment if put in that type of situation, i know when i was smaller i would have.
And probably my brothers as well. Kids tend to be quite insecure. And then teenagers would just try to sneak a peak every chance they got. (imagine the girl they're sneaking peaks at is your daughter)
EVERYBODY POOPS. It's natural. Whatever ins iritis you have are you problem; deal with it; don't make rules that acquiesce your insecurity.

Why does everything need to be a law? Can't something be right without it being a law? Can't something be wrong without it being against the law?
Uh, see my above comment. Going to the bathroom shouldn't be a sex-linked right vs wrong issue. If your vision of a lady involves her not taking a crap or farting, you're in for a gargantuan disappointment-- that is law, natural law-- ignoring it won't make it go away. The world is full of issues which demand our attention; using the restroom shouldn't be.

Voted4Reagan
03-02-2013, 09:00 AM
well??

it works doesn't it?

why dont we just do it like this....

XX

or

XY

This way you wont piss off the Lesbians, gays, Transgendered or any other population of individuals that are easily insulted.

2 "x" Chromosones in one Bathroon

1"x" + 1"y" in the other

no BOYS/GIRLS Rooms... You have dehumanized these kids to their Base Genetic make up.

That should make Liberals real happy

tailfins
03-02-2013, 09:23 AM
EVERYBODY POOPS. It's natural. Whatever ins iritis you have are you problem; deal with it; don't make rules that acquiesce your insecurity.

Uh, see my above comment. Going to the bathroom shouldn't be a sex-linked right vs wrong issue. If your vision of a lady involves her not taking a crap or farting, you're in for a gargantuan disappointment-- that is law, natural law-- ignoring it won't make it go away. The world is full of issues which demand our attention; using the restroom shouldn't be.

If the topic interests you, perhaps you could score a $100,000 grant from the Obama administration. In order to get the grant make sure your proposal will hint that the study will reach a conclusion desired by Obama and company.