PDA

View Full Version : won't notice right away....

PostmodernProphet
02-28-2013, 12:21 PM
today the media begins to downplay sequestration, pointing out that you won't actually notice any of the dire consequences they've been predicting because it will take time before you notice anything.....
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57571722/sequestration-looms-but-when-will-the-hurt-feel-real/

aboutime
02-28-2013, 04:32 PM
PostModernProphet. I heard a really good analogy of what the sequester really means yesterday.

It's comparable to a parent telling a child.

"I'm gonna raise your allowance from Ten dollars to Fifteen dollars on your birthday."

The child's birthday arrives, and the parent tells the child.

"I can't afford the 15 dollars, so I'll just give you 13 dollars instead."

The child complains...just like the Democrats and Obama. That the TWO DOLLARS not given to make 15 is a TWO DOLLAR cutback, or LOSS..when the reality is. The child, or Obama and the Democrats...Just never got the increase.

OR.... they didn't get the TWO dollars to spend.

PostmodernProphet
02-28-2013, 06:33 PM
PostModernProphet. I heard a really good analogy of what the sequester really means yesterday.

It's comparable to a parent telling a child.

"I'm gonna raise your allowance from Ten dollars to Fifteen dollars on your birthday."

The child's birthday arrives, and the parent tells the child.

"I can't afford the 15 dollars, so I'll just give you 13 dollars instead."

The child complains...just like the Democrats and Obama. That the TWO DOLLARS not given to make 15 is a TWO DOLLAR cutback, or LOSS..when the reality is. The child, or Obama and the Democrats...Just never got the increase.

OR.... they didn't get the TWO dollars to spend.

I can go with your analogy if you change it to, they gave her $14.99 instead.....

aboutime
02-28-2013, 07:21 PM
I can go with your analogy if you change it to, they gave her $14.99 instead.....

That would work. And the same whining, and complaining about nothing would take place.

PostmodernProphet
03-01-2013, 07:59 AM
I am happy to report that although sequestration has started, there were no bodies on the street in front of the house this morning.....

CSM
03-01-2013, 08:12 AM
I am happy to report that although sequestration has started, there were no bodies on the street in front of the house this morning.....
Yep, and we haven't been invaded by the screaming yellow horde, flights are still taking off and landing from the airport (which are filled with passengers molested by TSA), teachers are still in schools spreading liberal BS everywhere and the border patrol is still out there ignoring illegal ... excuse me ... undocumented aliens. Wierd , eh?

Marcus Aurelius
03-01-2013, 09:48 AM
There must be some mistake. Obama quite clearly stated during the Presidential debates that sequestration would not happen under his watch. He would never lie to us, so there must be a mistake someplace.

CSM
03-01-2013, 10:07 AM
There must be some mistake. Obama quite clearly stated during the Presidential debates that sequestration would not happen under his watch. He would never lie to us, so there must be a mistake someplace.

Well, clearly, he wasn't watching! Given that is true, he was correct.

PostmodernProphet
03-01-2013, 11:58 AM

better check your source...I think what he actually said was that spending cuts would not happen under his watch.....

aboutime
03-01-2013, 05:56 PM
The only real affects of sequestration will be directed at the Military.

Everything else is nothing but SCARE TACTICS Obama and the Dems must use to make Republicans look bad.

Just watch. Increases in Spending...that were proposed by Obama and the Dems...just won't happen. And they call it CUTBACKS.

BS breeds BS, and The biggest BS champs of all Follow Obama.