PDA

View Full Version : Yesterday? 5:50 p.m.?

taft2012
03-01-2013, 06:46 AM
Most users ever online was 889, Yesterday at 05:50 PM

Did I miss a government cheese giveaway here or something?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-01-2013, 07:59 AM
Did I miss a government cheese giveaway here or something?

No, I just invited a few friends over for a party.;)--Tyr

fj1200
03-01-2013, 08:07 AM
They were all looking at a "Facebook/Obama" thread for some reason. Either that or a "pothead conservative" gathering; there was a distinct aroma wafting about.

mundame
03-01-2013, 08:56 AM
There was a rumor Brad Pitt posts here.

http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2007/specials/sma07/mag/brad_pitt.jpg

jimnyc
03-01-2013, 09:01 AM
I posted a picture of myself yesterday around that time. All the gals from around the 'net came to see me and the server almost crashed. I had to remove the picture, sorry! :coffee:

And no fat jokes, it wasn't on a weight watchers site! LOL

Seriously though, someone must have linked to us from somewhere. Waiting for stats to update to clear up the mystery.

jimnyc
03-01-2013, 11:21 AM
Interesting, it was all facebook, but I'm having trouble tracking it back. It would appear that someone posted something from here and it received a shitload of attention and more than 400 likes, but they kind of mask it would seem and I can't specifically see what it was. I'll keep digging, it's interesting!

fj1200
03-01-2013, 11:22 AM
^Maybe that's the best type of "advertising" for you. The last spike was related to the Boortz thread and seemed to induce a member or two.

jimnyc
03-01-2013, 11:24 AM
^Maybe that's the best type of "advertising" for you. The last spike was related to the Boortz thread and seemed to induce a member or two.

It's also possible it was someone poking fun at me, and many people agreed? LOL

tailfins
03-01-2013, 11:26 AM
Interesting, it was all facebook, but I'm having trouble tracking it back. It would appear that someone posted something from here and it received a shitload of attention and more than 400 likes, but they kind of mask it would seem and I can't specifically see what it was. I'll keep digging, it's interesting!

I bet it was the "tribal" photo.

fj1200
03-01-2013, 11:27 AM
It's also possible it was someone poking fun at me, and many people agreed? LOL

Any traffic is good traffic right? :laugh:

jimnyc
03-01-2013, 11:38 AM
Any traffic is good traffic right? :laugh:

I suppose! And I'm reading around now and it appears it ain't so easy to specify where the traffic is coming from. My program tells me more or less just that it came from facebook. Usually someone sharing/liking and others doing the same from there. Would be cool to know what it was they posted though!

taft2012
03-02-2013, 09:25 AM
I wonder if someone hyperlinked a photo or cartoon from DP onto Facebook, would all of the views on Facebook count as visits to DP on your forum software?

Or did all of those people actually click on a link and physically come to DP?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-02-2013, 09:34 AM
I suppose! And I'm reading around now and it appears it ain't so easy to specify where the traffic is coming from. My program tells me more or less just that it came from facebook. Usually someone sharing/liking and others doing the same from there. Would be cool to know what it was they posted though!

Told ya. I invited my friends over to party.;)-Tyr

Trigg
03-02-2013, 09:51 AM
There was a rumor Brad Pitt posts here.

http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2007/specials/sma07/mag/brad_pitt.jpg

I would never leave the site if that was true lol

jimnyc
03-02-2013, 10:39 AM
I wonder if someone hyperlinked a photo or cartoon from DP onto Facebook, would all of the views on Facebook count as visits to DP on your forum software?

Or did all of those people actually click on a link and physically come to DP?

That's what I'm leaning towards, and for a thread about "memes" and Obama shooting the gun. Was seeing an unusually large amount of people checking out that thread.