PDA

View Full Version : Country less safe?

jimnyc
03-01-2013, 09:00 AM
Obama, Eric Holder and other idiots are running around telling everyone that the country will be less safe with the automatic cuts slated to take effect today.

I'm curious, they complain and want to cut defense spending at all costs, and have. Now all of a sudden when it happens as a result of their ineptness, it's a security issue? $85 billion in cuts is a mere drop in the bucket compared to the TRILLIONS that Obama adds to the US deficit. And how much is the crappy Obamacare going to cost us? Are they truly angry that they can't spend instead, and now claim this lack of spending will be a security issue?

I have a novel idea, how about make a temporary budget, nothing but spending on things that will secure our nation. There, the security issue is fixed. Now suspend the pay of all of congress until they FINALLY pass a budget.

How are they getting away with bypassing a budget for so long? Hell, has the Obama admin passed a single budget yet since he's been in office? These are a bunch of incompetent idiots in the WH and in congress.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/power-players-abc-news/eric-holder-decision-day-country-less-safe-123204219.html

fj1200
03-01-2013, 09:32 AM
How are they getting away with bypassing a budget for so long? Hell, has the Obama admin passed a single budget yet since he's been in office? These are a bunch of incompetent idiots in the WH and in congress.

I think the fiscal cliff compromise was an actual budget but I could be wrong about that. As far as less safe? It's just a matter of being able to project our power not quite as far into the affairs of the rest of the world IMO.

mundame
03-01-2013, 10:01 AM
I have a novel idea, how about make a temporary budget, nothing but spending on things that will secure our nation. There, the security issue is fixed. Now suspend the pay of all of congress until they FINALLY pass a budget.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/power-players-abc-news/eric-holder-decision-day-country-less-safe-123204219.html

Yes, indeed --- well said. This permanent state of overspending and overborrowing and no budget is starting to get real traction. Heninger wrote about it yesterday in the Wall Street Journal, and there are threads about it on other forums, too.