PDA

View Full Version : Visiting NJ again

jimnyc
03-01-2013, 09:41 AM
Leaving after the boy gets out of school, gonna spend a few days with my brother and sister, and also catch up with a buddy I was friends with in HS and for quite a few years after that. I love going, and I hate it. There are always crowds around my sisters house and then add in a million kids, and my anxiety kicks in a little. Fuckers make me nervous! But I also stay with a discount rate at the Marriott! The end of the day is always cool as I take my meds and go vegetate in the heated indoor pool and hot tub!

So here's a few pictures to enjoy before I go, which have absolutely nothing at all to do with this thread! LOL

http://i.imgur.com/AXV6Y42.jpg

My niece has a guinea pig. I told her if she wasn't nice to me I would fry up the little bastard for breakfast!!

http://i.imgur.com/nqxclkY.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/tnF6hfd.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ot5eSgI.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/wN6iE7j.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ImgbcZz.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Hm5rsaI.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/2LdB0RM.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/L42Pwaq.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/a3E5oSN.jpg

fj1200
03-01-2013, 09:56 AM
http://i.imgur.com/Hm5rsaI.jpg

That's wrong... but the kids might dig it.

jimnyc
03-01-2013, 10:03 AM
That's wrong... but the kids might dig it.

I don't normally save food pictures, but I thought that was cool too! I am going to use it as a reminder and try it out one night, see if the 2 other eggheads can figure out how I did it!

fj1200
03-01-2013, 10:04 AM
... the 2 other eggheads...

Aah, the love... :poke:

:laugh:

Kathianne
03-01-2013, 10:05 AM
Jim, have a good time. Relax! The kids 'Just Want to Have Fun.'

http://youtu.be/hfRgXQWXGV8 (http://youtu.be/hfRgXQWXGV8)

jimnyc
03-01-2013, 10:07 AM
Aah, the love... :poke:

:laugh:

I slip and call her fathead every now and again too, cause that's what I call my Pug, and she doesn't care for it! LOL It's a bad habit of mine, play names, as I call the woman and the boy different stuff all the time. I'm a bastard.

Voted4Reagan
03-01-2013, 10:59 AM
Can Tyr, Abouttime and myself be in charge while youre gone?

We'll be nice to Gabby and Jafar....

Promise!!

lol

jimnyc
03-01-2013, 11:19 AM

Promise!!

lol

Be careful, I just may leave the keys with Gabby and Jafar! :coffee:

tailfins
03-01-2013, 11:32 AM
Leaving after the boy gets out of school, gonna spend a few days with my brother and sister, and also catch up with a buddy I was friends with in HS and for quite a few years after that. I love going, and I hate it. There are always crowds around my sisters house and then add in a million kids, and my anxiety kicks in a little. Fuckers make me nervous! But I also stay with a discount rate at the Marriott! The end of the day is always cool as I take my meds and go vegetate in the heated indoor pool and hot tub!

So here's a few pictures to enjoy before I go, which have absolutely nothing at all to do with this thread! LOL

My niece has a guinea pig. I told her if she wasn't nice to me I would fry up the little bastard for breakfast!!
http://i.imgur.com/nqxclkY.jpg

Yo quiero cuy! You should Photoshop a Chihuahua saying that!

gabosaurus
03-01-2013, 12:30 PM
Speaking of New Jersey...

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/g0y2oJBiWcE" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

jimnyc
03-01-2013, 12:33 PM
WTF did I just watch? That just bugged me out. :wtf99:

gabosaurus
03-01-2013, 12:34 PM
WTF did I just watch? That just bugged me out. :wtf99:

I dunno myself. I think it was part tailfins and part psychotic punk rock. :laugh:

jimnyc
03-01-2013, 12:36 PM
I dunno myself. I think it was part tailfins and part psychotic punk rock. :laugh:

She reminded me of a very cheap version of Edith Bunker.

gabosaurus
03-01-2013, 12:58 PM
Be careful, I just may leave the keys with Gabby and Jafar!

"I'm in control here!"

--Al Haig

tailfins
03-01-2013, 01:11 PM

Promise!!

lol

Jim: As long as they don't burn the place down, you should accommodate suckers offering free labor!

glockmail
03-01-2013, 02:52 PM
I've never had a bad meal in NJ. They know how to cook there.

Robert A Whit
03-01-2013, 03:01 PM
I've never had a bad meal in NJ. They know how to cook there.

I had Army meals in New Jersey for 3 days in 1962 and for 5 days in 1964. Army food is ... well, some of the guys did not want to eat it. I found it tolerable

More recently I had dinner there and can't recall it at all. Breakfast at a decent hotel the next AM with my daughter and her husband was so so. It was not bad, but nothing special. We had a very good meal in VA at Williamsburg and a very good Italian meal at Philadelphia I recall a very good meal at Alexandria as well. I am sure we had other above average meals. At Boston I gobbled up some great burgers at a spot close to the motel. Similar to Fudruckers burgers.

glockmail
03-01-2013, 03:06 PM
I've been to two weddings in NJ. One was especially memorable regards to eats. The groom is native Italian. The rehearsal night dinner was at a local Italian restaurant, I don't recall the name. There were pictures of famous people with the owner hung all over the walls. We had a full 7 course, and spent about 3 hours eating. It was fricking awesome.

glockmail
03-01-2013, 03:10 PM
Another time my wife and I were flying back to Syracuse from Jamaica and our flight out was late for our connection and we ended up in Newark. It was drudgery going from the airport on a bus to the hotel dragging two kids and all our luggage. We finally sat down for a meal at the hotel and the waitress was a sweet old gal about 60: "what can I get you dear?" I asked for a double scotch and a steak and everything was just perfect.

tailfins
03-01-2013, 03:16 PM
I had a gig in Warren, NJ; it wasn't bad. To my surprise the consulting company even paid for my wife to spend time with me while the in-laws watched the kids. The only place I'm REALLY familiar with is The Ironbound district in Newark. If you see a sign that says "vigilancia" is usually means they have a security guard watching the parking lot as a service to customers.

jimnyc
03-01-2013, 06:05 PM
I am officially in NJ, and need to announce that my family members are all nuts! Sister and brother in law fighting, John isn't here yet, but he's an idiot. Trevor, the youngest, is apeshit crazy as no one will play X-box with him. Guinea pig being beat up by kitty. Retarded Boxer dog is chasing laser light.

And speaking of food - I'm eating White Castle or White Rose tonight. WC is "rat burgers" while White Rose are a little better, and a lot bigger. That and the pork roll of course!

Robert A Whit
03-01-2013, 06:09 PM
I am officially in NJ, and need to announce that my family members are all nuts! Sister and brother in law fighting, John isn't here yet, but he's an idiot. Trevor, the youngest, is apeshit crazy as no one will play X-box with him. Guinea pig being beat up by kitty. Retarded Boxer dog is chasing laser light.

And speaking of food - I'm eating White Castle or White Rose tonight. WC is "rat burgers" while White Rose are a little better, and a lot bigger. That and the pork roll of course!

You knew better and still did it. LMAO

I tried White Castle once. Once was enough. I only tried it due to the undercover boss program.

That is dog food.

jimnyc
03-01-2013, 06:11 PM
You knew better and still did it. LMAO

I tried White Castle once. Once was enough. I only tried it due to the undercover boss program.

That is dog food.

They apparently have a new "crave case" where you can get 100 burgers. I like the cheeseburgers, more so the double cheeseburgers, but I want to see how many I can eat. This most certainly won't be good for the diet! But I think I can eat at least 20 of those suckers!

Robert A Whit
03-01-2013, 06:14 PM
They apparently have a new "crave case" where you can get 100 burgers. I like the cheeseburgers, more so the double cheeseburgers, but I want to see how many I can eat. This most certainly won't be good for the diet! But I think I can eat at least 20 of those suckers!

I guess you are gonna have to show that belly of yours. :laugh:

I want a before and an after shot.

I found their burgers tiny. And the meat was, well if you ever eat a Fudruckers, you will understand I think they are also back east.

http://www.fuddruckers.com/local/location.php?s=442

jimnyc
03-01-2013, 06:16 PM
Just found a flyer for Pizza Hut, who now makes "pizza sliders", little pizzas not much bigger than White Castles. Might order a few hundred of them!

Abbey Marie
03-01-2013, 06:23 PM

Speaking of rat, I think that's what is fried in your guinea pig picture. :puke3:

Abbey Marie
03-01-2013, 06:24 PM

White Castle! Was there ever a better place for munchies? :laugh2:

glockmail
03-01-2013, 06:35 PM
What the fuck is a pork roll?

Voted4Reagan
03-01-2013, 06:35 PM
Jim: As long as they don't burn the place down, you should accommodate suckers offering free labor!

Heck... i may do free carpentry for him if he makes me a MOD

Voted4Reagan
03-01-2013, 06:38 PM
I had Army meals in New Jersey for 3 days in 1962 and for 5 days in 1964. Army food is ... well, some of the guys did not want to eat it. I found it tolerable

More recently I had dinner there and can't recall it at all. Breakfast at a decent hotel the next AM with my daughter and her husband was so so. It was not bad, but nothing special. We had a very good meal in VA at Williamsburg and a very good Italian meal at Philadelphia I recall a very good meal at Alexandria as well. I am sure we had other above average meals. At Boston I gobbled up some great burgers at a spot close to the motel. Similar to Fudruckers burgers.

Navy Food is the best

Robert A Whit
03-01-2013, 07:02 PM
Navy Food is the best

I never had it. I was trained in leadership at the Monterey, CA presidio though and was eathing teh food available for the people taking languages. My god, they had steaks. Real honest to god steaks.

It was in 1962 and remember it beat the hell out of the food at Ft. Ord, CA.

I wonder if anybody wants to claim Air Force food is better?

Did you guys eat shit on a shingle in the Navy at breakfast?

http://youtu.be/sxwMKuF3Rkk

fj1200
03-02-2013, 06:10 AM

Who knows, it might be a net weight loser for you. :puke:

:slap:

tailfins
03-02-2013, 09:18 AM

My dad worked at a White Castle when he was a teen near Indianapolis in 1944. He told me he saw boxes marked horse meat. WC is all over Indy and St. Louis. It's funny, sometimes you crave them, sometimes they repulse you, sometimes all in the same day.

jimnyc
03-02-2013, 10:41 AM
Ended up with just 3 large regular pizzas and 2 sicilian. Long story, too much fighting....

And then my anxiety went up, and then it turned to migraine, then I was at the hotel room sweating and on the verge of throwing up. And then I miraculously woke at 3am and felt better!

Syrenn
03-02-2013, 12:56 PM

Stack them up. Take the meat and stuff of three of them and make one burger.......

At least its less carbs and sauce that way......

Syrenn
03-02-2013, 01:09 PM
Speaking of rat, I think that's what is fried in your guinea pig picture. :puke3:

Cuy, (guinea pig) one of the Peruvian national dishes.......

SassyLady
03-02-2013, 01:45 PM
Be careful, I just may leave the keys with Gabby and Jafar! :coffee:

:slap:

jimnyc
03-03-2013, 02:32 PM
Safely back home. I feel exhausted, as if I actually did something. I think traveling and being out of my element stresses me and gives me anxiety, which mentally wears me out. Was nice to spend time with family though. I also got to see a friend I haven't seen in a long time and it was cool to catch up with him. And even though the kids drive me nuts, sure was nice to see them too, and seeing them all have fun together.

Even the animals were hilarious! My sister has a pretty big sized Boxer who is like a big friendly dummy. But he did bite me 3x for teasing him while he was getting some food. They also have a cool little black cat. She's a few years old now but still tiny. She's a devious little bitch though! My nephew has a few lizards in separate cages. She climbs in with the bearded dragon for example, bats him around a little bit, then goes to the other end of the cage and takes a nap, I think she likes the heat in there! My niece has a guinea pig named "cooper". I took him out and was playing with him on the floor, the cat came walking by, sniffed him, and then immediately fell to her side and put the little guy in a 4 legged bear hug and was biting his neck! LOL Not sure if she's playing with it or trying to kill it. But even when we took the other lizard out, she eventually "hugged" it with her front legs and wouldn't let it go. When we fed both the lizards crickets, she went nuts at both cages, and was digging at the top, so she could eat crickets too! I took 2 of them out and dropped them on the floor and she went bananas.

Now my dogs are going crazy as they smell the other animals on me.

Robert A Whit
03-03-2013, 02:45 PM
Safely back home. I feel exhausted, as if I actually did something. I think traveling and being out of my element stresses me and gives me anxiety, which mentally wears me out. Was nice to spend time with family though. I also got to see a friend I haven't seen in a long time and it was cool to catch up with him. And even though the kids drive me nuts, sure was nice to see them too, and seeing them all have fun together.

Even the animals were hilarious! My sister has a pretty big sized Boxer who is like a big friendly dummy. But he did bite me 3x for teasing him while he was getting some food. They also have a cool little black cat. She's a few years old now but still tiny. She's a devious little bitch though! My nephew has a few lizards in separate cages. She climbs in with the bearded dragon for example, bats him around a little bit, then goes to the other end of the cage and takes a nap, I think she likes the heat in there! My niece has a guinea pig named "cooper". I took him out and was playing with him on the floor, the cat came walking by, sniffed him, and then immediately fell to her side and put the little guy in a 4 legged bear hug and was biting his neck! LOL Not sure if she's playing with it or trying to kill it. But even when we took the other lizard out, she eventually "hugged" it with her front legs and wouldn't let it go. When we fed both the lizards crickets, she went nuts at both cages, and was digging at the top, so she could eat crickets too! I took 2 of them out and dropped them on the floor and she went bananas.

Now my dogs are going crazy as they smell the other animals on me.

And you took off to leave me here fighting with these guys. LMAO How are you take off???
Just kidding you lad Jimmy Brown.

How far distance in miles and time to get there to where you went?

tailfins
03-03-2013, 03:13 PM
Cuy, (guinea pig) one of the Peruvian national dishes.......

I would eat it. I think it isn't just Peru, though. Anyone who likes indigenous boobies in real life has to learn to like indigenous food; it's the price of admission.

Here's another boobie, just for Jim.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-OQB9leSBu44/T9FO2g4oOdI/AAAAAAAAA3w/WvvfAWt2kow/s1600/booby+bird+02.jpg

Robert A Whit
03-03-2013, 03:24 PM
And you took off to leave me here fighting with these guys. LMAO How dare you take off???

Damn, forgot to proof read and the D had been left off.

jimnyc
03-03-2013, 08:02 PM
And you took off to leave me here fighting with these guys. LMAO How are you take off???

It's like 60 miles, and about an hour or so drive, depending on traffic. The NJ Turnpike alone is $7.40 in each direction, and I'm on the road about 25 minutes I would guess, each direction. It is now $13 to go over the GWB back into NY. The Henry Hudson Parkway, which I take up towards Westchester, and am on for like 5 minutes, is $4 in each direction.

Robert A Whit
03-03-2013, 08:52 PM
It's like 60 miles, and about an hour or so drive, depending on traffic. The NJ Turnpike alone is $7.40 in each direction, and I'm on the road about 25 minutes I would guess, each direction. It is now $13 to go over the GWB back into NY. The Henry Hudson Parkway, which I take up towards Westchester, and am on for like 5 minutes, is $4 in each direction.

I have to this day a Toll pike stub I picked up upon entering NJ from the South. I may be wrong but I think the charge was to be like 9 or 10 dollars. I was not wearing glasses for night and distance vision and by the time I got to the toll booth, I was stuck by the dividers into going into a fast pass only lane. The story is a woman cop helped me get spun around close to the entrance of the Holland Tunnel but I did not ever see any notice of violation. I tried to get the guy at the toll booth to take my payment. He turned me down. Course the rental car company might have got a notice. You guys pay a ton just to use the roads. I don't recall paying a toll on the bridge at the north part of Manhattan to drive up a road to West Point. If I paid a toll, I just forgot. So more than gas, and taxes on said gas, you guys get jacked up extra for roads. I probably am wrong but I seem to recall it being the Washington Bridge. I took a very nice drive up to West Point MA. A very fine place to visit. They have a very good museum outside the main gate and if you want to tour, they have buses take you in. There, on one floor was the Davy Crockett nuke weapon that my old unit had in Germany. In Germany, they were top secret stuff. Back to tolls ....

We have super high tolls on the bridges around here too.