PDA

View Full Version : My namesake ... Robert Taylor

Robert A Whit
03-01-2013, 09:43 PM
Some of you may not know this guy from a brick.

But a bit can be learned from this video

http://youtu.be/maaKgL1OLKc

jimnyc
03-02-2013, 10:45 AM
Did he invent the Taylor Ham aka Taylor Pork Roll? :dunno:

Robert A Whit
03-02-2013, 03:39 PM
Did he invent the Taylor Ham aka Taylor Pork Roll? :dunno:

Well, last I read, the Taylor Ham was invented in the mid 1850's and I expect the inventor was long dead before my namesake was born. Appears Jim my lad you never heard of Robert Taylor who was a famous actor by 1938 and probably earlier than that.

aboutime
03-02-2013, 04:28 PM
Well, last I read, the Taylor Ham was invented in the mid 1850's and I expect the inventor was long dead before my namesake was born. Appears Jim my lad you never heard of Robert Taylor who was a famous actor by 1938 and probably earlier than that.

That's great. Nobody ever heard of TAYLOR PORK ROLL in Nebraska, where your namesake (?) was born.

Robert A Whit
03-02-2013, 05:28 PM
That's great. Nobody ever heard of TAYLOR PORK ROLL in Nebraska, where your namesake (?) was born.

I had no idea that those living in Nebraska had no former residents of New Jersey living there till you blurted that out.

As to your question, all i know about the reason she named me Robert is what she told me and many others.

She happened to like that actor. Has nothing to do with me since at the time i was but a newborn.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-02-2013, 06:21 PM

The guy was an actor to be admired IMHO. My name was given me because of Robert Mitchum , Robert Ryan and Robert Taylor. My mother's three favorite actors. Of course she swore that Robert Taylor was by far the most handsome of the three. -Tyr

aboutime
03-02-2013, 07:29 PM
I had no idea that those living in Nebraska had no former residents of New Jersey living there till you blurted that out.

As to your question, all i know about the reason she named me Robert is what she told me and many others.

She happened to like that actor. Has nothing to do with me since at the time i was but a newborn.

Sounds good to me. But then, if I disagreed with you. You'd blast me for some other reason.

Isn't this fun?

Robert A Whit
03-02-2013, 08:29 PM
Sounds good to me. But then, if I disagreed with you. You'd blast me for some other reason.

Isn't this fun?

Actually if I blast anybody, it is due to what they did. Many posters have disagreed with me but none reply back the way you love to do all the time.

You are many times trying to tell me or somebody how I or they would reply back to you. Seems you have a very thin skin.

Here,let me try it.

You could just ignore my comment but you have this ultra powerful urge to strike back and you want so much to pop wise at me.

Wonder though if you will do just that.

If you don't it seems to me it will be your first time.

aboutime
03-02-2013, 09:07 PM
Actually if I blast anybody, it is due to what they did. Many posters have disagreed with me but none reply back the way you love to do all the time.

You are many times trying to tell me or somebody how I or they would reply back to you. Seems you have a very thin skin.

Here,let me try it.

You could just ignore my comment but you have this ultra powerful urge to strike back and you want so much to pop wise at me.

Wonder though if you will do just that.

If you don't it seems to me it will be your first time.

Far be it for me to disappoint you. As for the thin skin. Once again. If you insist. And it wouldn't be any fun to do what I suggested you should do to me...as in Ignore. How's that?

Robert A Whit
03-03-2013, 03:26 PM
Far be it for me to disappoint you. As for the thin skin. Once again. If you insist. And it wouldn't be any fun to do what I suggested you should do to me...as in Ignore. How's that?

OK, you win. You had the final word.