PDA

View Full Version : The last word on politics

WiccanLiberal
03-02-2013, 01:16 PM
This is a little delayed but V4R just found this and I had to share it. Who REALLY won...?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dX_1B0w7Hzc?list=PLQ-7WiWmOuK-55mfcd_tdcvy-57VMCkOW" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Robert A Whit
03-02-2013, 03:34 PM
Sorry but I had to shut that off. And I voted for Romney.

Rap reminds me of some people stomping up and down on something pretending it is dancing.

No, I am not saying that Irish step dancing is that way. I enjoy that in fact.

Voted4Reagan
03-02-2013, 03:44 PM
Then you missed the whole message... it is entertaining because it is PARODY and not really Rap.

the last 1/3 is really funny

Robert A Whit
03-02-2013, 03:50 PM
Somebody will watch it.

Did not mean for anyone to get the shorts all knotted up about that screaming stuff.

aboutime
03-02-2013, 04:21 PM
This is a little delayed but V4R just found this and I had to share it. Who REALLY won...?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dX_1B0w7Hzc?list=PLQ-7WiWmOuK-55mfcd_tdcvy-57VMCkOW" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Wiccan. Your question should be "WHO REALLY LOST?"

Much easier to prove today as "WE THE PEOPLE" actually lost.

There were no winners in November. Unless you were stupid, dumb, and selfish. Then Obama won.

Voted4Reagan
03-02-2013, 04:31 PM
Wiccan. Your question should be "WHO REALLY LOST?"

Much easier to prove today as "WE THE PEOPLE" actually lost.

There were no winners in November. Unless you were stupid, dumb, and selfish. Then Obama won.

Abe Lincoln and the Eagle in a Landslide

Robert A Whit
03-02-2013, 04:40 PM
OK, I had to watch all of it. Who won? Well, we know who won. We know who lost.

Obama won. We the people lost.

I am no fan of Lincoln as you may or may not know. Because he invaded Virginia a state that had not bothered him at all. Unless Abe figured he was the dictator of course. (as to being bothered)

aboutime
03-02-2013, 04:42 PM

I am no fan of Lincoln as you may or may not know. Because he invaded Virginia a state that had not bothered him at all. Unless Abe figured he was the dictator of course. (as to being bothered)

Robert. You mean you didn't have a chance to ask Lincoln yourself if he was a dictator as you claim?

Robert A Whit
03-02-2013, 05:24 PM
Robert. You mean you didn't have a chance to ask Lincoln yourself if he was a dictator as you claim?

You are still pissed that you blurted out that the AC-130 gunship fires at 1000 rounds per minute when the real number is more than 3 times that fast.

aboutime
03-02-2013, 07:30 PM
You are still pissed that you blurted out that the AC-130 gunship fires at 1000 rounds per minute when the real number is more than 3 times that fast.

If that makes you feel better. Fine with me. As for being pissed. Not when I laugh.

Robert A Whit
03-02-2013, 08:25 PM
If that makes you feel better. Fine with me. As for being pissed. Not when I laugh.

You are the one trying to feel better. I corrected you and you are furious. Laughing my ass. You stalk my posts and talk bad about me all the time. Hell, when VFR concurred with me, you went wild on the man.

aboutime
03-02-2013, 09:04 PM
You are the one trying to feel better. I corrected you and you are furious. Laughing my ass. You stalk my posts and talk bad about me all the time. Hell, when VFR concurred with me, you went wild on the man.

Robert. How many ways does a wannabe comedy writer have before you get to the absolute, pleasing, satisfaction of the 4604 ?

Voted4Reagan
03-03-2013, 12:40 AM

I will give ABOUTIME a pass on this though Robert...

When he was slogging it in Vietnam there was no Gatling equipped AC-130

They had the AC-47 with (10qty) .30 in Browning AN/M2 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1919_Browning_machine_gun#M2) machine guns

This was the SPOOKY GUNSHIP or PUFF THE MAGIC DRAGON.

Her machine guns put out 1,000 to 1,500 RPM

He most likely was thinking of that weapons package.

Abbey Marie
03-03-2013, 10:38 AM

They had the AC-47 with (10qty) .30 in Browning AN/M2 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1919_Browning_machine_gun#M2) machine guns

Thank you for your service, AT. :salute:

WiccanLiberal
03-03-2013, 12:05 PM
Wow, never intended this to be anything other than a quirky laughable look at the political scene. By the way, the video is one of a set on a website included ludicrous match ups including Gandhi vs. MLK.

aboutime
03-03-2013, 12:08 PM

Thanks V4R, and Abbey, and Kathianne for your kind words. But I must tell you. I never slogged in Vietnam as you suggested. I was in the South China Sea, on YANKEE STATION (what they called it during Nam) aboard the USS Enterprise...so I never got to slog.
Puff the Magic Dragon was the plane, and weapon I thought of. And still. I admitted my numbers were wrong. What's the big deal?
Again. Thank you both for the Thank You.

Robert A Whit
03-03-2013, 12:54 PM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Robert A Whit http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=621616#post621616)

You know, it just might help YOU and the rest of us if you actually read posts for what they say and not what you think they might say.

Robert A Whit
03-03-2013, 01:19 PM

Was he in Vietnam? To be frank, once I got out of the Army early in 1964, I know that due to events in Vietnam weapons did change as well as some tactics. (Use of helicopters for instance as offense) I believe the Browning .30 cal machine gun we used fired at about 700 rpm. 1962 when we were using them is a long time ago and I won't insist that is the actual rate of fire. I can't recall any of the .50 cal or under weapons firing at 1000 rpm. Again, no reason to act stubborn on that point. I can sure research this point if it was that important to me. But it is not.

Robert A Whit
03-03-2013, 01:23 PM
Thank you for your service, AT. :salute:

Am I wrong or did you just snub VFR, myself and some of the other Vets? You did not reply to AT, you replied to a guy I think also served. You have CSM and even the Bingster for instance.

Robert A Whit
03-03-2013, 01:52 PM
What is the difference, these days, in a sailor at sea vs a man engaged in combat?

While the troops in combat are in danger from the enemy, all service, even during peacetime still has dangers. All of the military, navy included deal with dangerous war machines. Things happen to all troops that the public is little aware of. Who can forget those that died in the guns on that battleship during an explosion? AT boasts he ate awesome food on ships. I only ate awesome food at the Presidio of Monterey in CA when i was training there at leadership school. I had no idea the Army could actually feed troops that well.

All members of any of the militaries have periods where the split from the family becomes very painful. Read the biographies of those who served. They and the family spent many years of pure sacrifice.

I was not in combat and far be it from my talking to cast any form of doubt about any that served in any branch, duty or so forth. I wish Abbey had gone the extra inch to say, thank you to all that served. We all worked for presidents. Went places we preferred to not be. Did things we did not want to do.

aboutime
03-03-2013, 04:09 PM
What is the difference, these days, in a sailor at sea vs a man engaged in combat?

While the troops in combat are in danger from the enemy, all service, even during peacetime still has dangers. All of the military, navy included deal with dangerous war machines. Things happen to all troops that the public is little aware of. Who can forget those that died in the guns on that battleship during an explosion? AT boasts he ate awesome food on ships. I only ate awesome food at the Presidio of Monterey in CA when i was training there at leadership school. I had no idea the Army could actually feed troops that well.

All members of any of the militaries have periods where the split from the family becomes very painful. Read the biographies of those who served. They and the family spent many years of pure sacrifice.

I was not in combat and far be it from my talking to cast any form of doubt about any that served in any branch, duty or so forth. I wish Abbey had gone the extra inch to say, thank you to all that served. We all worked for presidents. Went places we preferred to not be. Did things we did not want to do.

Robert. As a 30 year Navy veteran myself. I will now THANK EVERY MEMBER HERE who is also a Veteran.
What you claim as a slight, intentional or otherwise was only based on your interpretation of the context in the post where YOU claimed another member SLIGHTED other veterans.

Seems like any topic, about anyone, at any time becomes an argument for you to bring up here.
For whatever reasons you have for being that way. Nobody knows.
So. Everyone else reading this. If you are a member of this Forum, and make any kind of statement, opinion, or tell a story from personal experience.
FIRST.....Ask Robert for permission to speak, offer an opinion, or share a story...as to not Infringe on his needs to question, or cause an argument if you SPELL, or use GRAMMAR that is inconsistent with the RULES OF ROBERT.

Robert A Whit
03-03-2013, 05:06 PM
Robert. As a 30 year Navy veteran myself. I will now THANK EVERY MEMBER HERE who is also a Veteran.
What you claim as a slight, intentional or otherwise was only based on your interpretation of the context in the post where YOU claimed another member SLIGHTED other veterans.

Seems like any topic, about anyone, at any time becomes an argument for you to bring up here.
For whatever reasons you have for being that way. Nobody knows.
So. Everyone else reading this. If you are a member of this Forum, and make any kind of statement, opinion, or tell a story from personal experience.
FIRST.....Ask Robert for permission to speak, offer an opinion, or share a story...as to not Infringe on his needs to question, or cause an argument if you SPELL, or use GRAMMAR that is inconsistent with the RULES OF ROBERT.

Who am I to deny you the last word where you can create one more fake rant about me.

Nobody, not me nor any who claim to do my talking, such as you or Kathianne need to keep speaking for me.

Are you angry that I mentioned to said member that others than you need thanks?

Gee, i am sorry. I did not intend to hog your limelight. I want you to bask in Abbey's thanks for being on a ship in a non combat zone.

aboutime
03-03-2013, 05:10 PM
Who am I to deny you the last word where you can create one more fake rant about me.

Nobody, not me nor any who claim to do my talking, such as you or Kathianne need to keep speaking for me.

Are you angry that I mentioned to said member that others than you need thanks?

Gee, i am sorry. I did not intend to hog your limelight. I want you to bask in Abbey's thanks for being on a ship in a non combat zone.

Robert. NOBODY can, or would ever claim to SPEAK FOR YOU. That would make all of us as laughable as you.

Robert A Whit
03-03-2013, 05:12 PM
Robert. NOBODY can, or would ever claim to SPEAK FOR YOU. That would make all of us as laughable as you.

Then some of you have made yourself laughable.

When you told them to ask my permission though I had not, you spoke for me.

Now you admit you are laughable.

I see what you are up to. You want this thread to be sent to the cage.

aboutime
03-03-2013, 05:19 PM
Then some of you have made yourself laughable.

When you told them to ask my permission though I had not, you spoke for me.

Now you admit you are laughable.

I see what you are up to. You want this thread to be sent to the cage.

Whatever you say. Fine with me. If that is the limit of your understanding. So be it.

Abbey Marie
03-03-2013, 05:19 PM
Am I wrong or did you just snub VFR, myself and some of the other Vets? You did not reply to AT, you replied to a guy I think also served. You have CSM and even the Bingster for instance.

Robert, you are wrong. In case anyone does feel snubbed, I salute you as well. :salute:

aboutime
03-03-2013, 05:24 PM
Robert, you are wrong. In case anyone does feel snubbed, I salute you as well. :salute:

Abbey. Even when you bend over backward to try and be nice, and even apologize to Robert. The results are always 180 degree's out from the intended, and hoped for response.
There's just no way to please some people. No matter how hard one tries.
I know I'm getting old. But there are benefits to not falling off the turnip truck yesterday, or being born on Tuesday...but not last Tuesday.
Is there any possible answer to this????

Robert A Whit
03-03-2013, 05:29 PM

Thanks Abbey and I just knew you had not done that on purpose with any intent to snub. I said I could be wrong for that reason.

Now must read another rant by AT. About me no doubt. It is almost all he does.

Want to know his beef? I noticed his way of talking to posters and had the balls to ask the man if he wanted to talk like he needs enemies or does he prefer friends. I got the talking back to like you can't imagine.

Robert A Whit
03-03-2013, 05:32 PM
Abbey. Even when you bend over backward to try and be nice, and even apologize to Robert. The results are always 180 degree's out from the intended, and hoped for response.
There's just no way to please some people. No matter how hard one tries.
I know I'm getting old. But there are benefits to not falling off the turnip truck yesterday, or being born on Tuesday...but not last Tuesday.
Is there any possible answer to this????

Admit it, you love to make up stories about me, bad stories at that. The possible answer as
i told and told you, stop making posts about me. I am sick of your daily rants having my name stuck in your problems. If you ever apologized, just show me said apology. I was not actually asking for that. Having you stop running your mouth off about me will do just fine.

You got angry when i once asked you why you are abrasive. And would you prefer friends. But you told me off as if I had called you bad names.

Voted4Reagan
03-03-2013, 06:18 PM
For the Record... I AM NOT nor have I ever been a member of the armed forces. My Father was and I have a great historical knowledge of it.

But never served...

Robert... I never said I was a vet and would never pretend to be

t

Kathianne
03-03-2013, 06:49 PM
Thanks Abbey and I just knew you had not done that on purpose with any intent to snub. I said I could be wrong for that reason.

Now must read another rant by AT. About me no doubt. It is almost all he does.

Want to know his beef? I noticed his way of talking to posters and had the balls to ask the man if he wanted to talk like he needs enemies or does he prefer friends. I got the talking back to like you can't imagine.

Right, somehow you missed the umpteen posts of Abbey and others thanking vets for their service. Yes, including you. None, but you needed more 'thanks' well maybe your friend John Kerry, good company you keep, Robbie.

hjmick
03-03-2013, 06:55 PM
Is it just me, or is someone around here really fucking full of himself?

Robert A Whit
03-03-2013, 06:57 PM
Right, somehow you missed the umpteen posts of Abbey and others thanking vets for their service. Yes, including you. None, but you needed more 'thanks' well maybe your friend John Kerry, good company you keep, Robbie.

Well, sadly that is how you think. I don't to this day understand your need to pick fights. But sadly i shall endure your nonsense.

Even though I did say that Abbey had no intent to snub anybody, you still had to pick a fight today. But why worry. It is your MO.

I an grateful to some of the following that never act the way you act.

Abbey ... you know how much I appreciate you.
Drummond. A huge thank you.
Revelarts. Ditto
Red states rules. You are awesome.
Tyr ... Gotta love you man. You are top notch.
Jim from ny. You claim to be a bastard but in my book you are fun and awesome.
Mundame, you have agreed and not agreed. We don't fight.
Syrenn , new but not a sign of mean in that woman.

I can name very few I fight. But they pick the fights.

I have to check my hundreds of thanks to make sure I have not left someone out. I bet I left out at least a dozen others but do not mean to slight them. They know who they are.

Cadet for instance. Great poster.

Robert A Whit
03-03-2013, 07:05 PM
For the Record... I AM NOT nor have I ever been a member of the armed forces. My Father was and I have a great historical knowledge of it.

But never served...

Robert... I never said I was a vet and would never pretend to be

t

OK my friend. I did not mean to chum a fib about you.

What I did in the Army was just do the job. And I did have to be drafted. I am not bragging at all. When I got in, I was pretty upset at the draft board.

Have to explain that.

I owned the first company I started up. Called it R&R advanced engineering. I was engaged in auto racing as well as construction. I hoped to transition out of construction and to the thing I loved most at the time. I was a well known engine builder and held records. I had employees. But the draft board forced me out of business and into the Army. Naturally I was not the happy camper. But once in, for some odd reason, the Army Captain I trained under called my name out and declared I was in charge of 5th platoon. We took top honors in the unit which led to me being assigned to leadership school. My army time was mostly working as a leader early on or working in the HQ unit later which had all the most senior officers. Naturally the job I had put me into daily contact with said officers and many senior enlisted men. I saw up close just how good that Army of this country really is. No particular thanks need be for me since I got lots of thanks from the officers and senior EM when I was in the Army.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-03-2013, 07:06 PM
I want to be crystal clear on this:

I wish to most sincerely salute and thank every veteran that has ever, is currently and ever will be honorably serving this nation!! :salute: Tyr

Robert A Whit
03-03-2013, 07:07 PM

If that crack is over my comments, who is your favorite person and why?

If they are about Kathianne, you nailed her.

Robert A Whit
03-03-2013, 07:09 PM

I wish to most sincerely salute and thank every veteran that has ever, is currently and ever will be honorably serving this nation!! :salute: Tyr

I join you my friend. Millions served and fortunately not all of us endured war. I thank especially those men or women who endured war. But those not in combat, you did a very fine job as well. This nation needs such fine men and women during both peace as well as during war.

Kathianne
03-03-2013, 07:09 PM

The sentiment is good, but really, should have said, "especially Robbie!" He deserves more thanks that a general message. Indeed, it was so wrong of Abbey to mention AT, ignoring the sacrifices made by Robbie and those he chose to include.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-03-2013, 07:13 PM
The sentiment is good, but really, should have said, "especially Robbie!" He deserves more thanks that a general message. Indeed, it was so wrong of Abbey to mention AT, ignoring the sacrifices made by Robbie and those he chose to include.

Well , I had it on my schedule to fire off a big pm reprimand to Abbey about that. ;)
About time that I sent her one anyways just to keep her in line..:laugh:--Tyr

Robert A Whit
03-03-2013, 07:13 PM

I am understanding that you suffer. I feel very bad that you suffer. I still can't comprehend why you start trouble. I have sought peace.
I said why not post as Abbey posts. Why not Drummond or Cadet or Avatar?

Do you ever wonder why you pick fights with me but they don't?
I don't pick fights.

Abbey handled my comment with enormous grace and top common sense.

Emulate Abbey. Try it. She and I don't fight. She could have tried to pick a fight. She simply understood what I told her.

Robert A Whit
03-03-2013, 07:18 PM

A) all you are pulling is to be rude.
B) stop acting as if I said something wrong to the lady. She was very much the lady in her response. Try her way for a change.
C) I did not make it about me. I simply got the mistaken idea she did not realize she singled out one person only and seemed to ignore the rest of the vets. But she has corrected me and so she and I once more don't fight.
D)Abbey did not take it the way you do. She really is quite the lady. She is very smart. No matter what happens, she refuses to pick fights with me. i don't pick them with her either.

aboutime
03-03-2013, 08:07 PM

hjmick. I fear. If I comment about answering your question. I will once again be accused of picking on someone.

Can you rephrase your question into the form of an Answer????

Robert A Whit
03-03-2013, 08:37 PM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by hjmick http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=621824#post621824)

You have company. Such as About time. But if not him, then yes, just you.

aboutime
03-03-2013, 08:54 PM
You have company. Such as About time. But if not him, then yes, just you.

Gee, Robert. I love it when you talk that way. Bet you wish you could get up early tomorrow, and catch the bus for the pre-senior seminars for AARP, and the DEPENDS studio demonstrations.

Robert A Whit
03-03-2013, 09:05 PM
Gee, Robert. I love it when you talk that way. Bet you wish you could get up early tomorrow, and catch the bus for the pre-senior seminars for AARP, and the DEPENDS studio demonstrations.

Don't act bitter since I did not thank you for not picking fights.

I did thank the rest though.

However, how does it feel to open a post to see your name there being blasted? You do it to me all the time. I am trying to accommodate you though by acting like you act.

aboutime
03-03-2013, 09:30 PM
Don't act bitter since I did not thank you for not picking fights.

I did thank the rest though.

However, how does it feel to open a post to see your name there being blasted? You do it to me all the time. I am trying to accommodate you though by acting like you act.

God forbid.

gabosaurus
03-06-2013, 11:58 AM
The REAL last word on political squabbling and accusations:

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/482518_163155763839261_305677602_n.jpg

tailfins
03-06-2013, 12:33 PM
The REAL last word on political squabbling and accusations:

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/482518_163155763839261_305677602_n.jpg

I couldn't think a more socialist mentality than wanting the taxpayer to pay for one's mistakes. They then blame conservatives for not subsidizing their bad choices.