PDA

View Full Version : Time to thank all I name who are most deserving of my thanks

Robert A Whit
03-03-2013, 09:02 PM
First a note as to why I am thanking the following posters.

To me, they all have been very civil.
We have not had slug fests.
When they don't agree, they don't start picking fights with me.
I honestly appreciate you very much. You are all fine people.

So, to you named, thank you very much.
By the way, the few who spend their time fighting me, will also be thanked upon some sort of evidence they quit the fighting.

Tyr
Drummond
Voted4Reagan
Redstatesrule
Aeryn
Syrenn
Mundame
Cadet
Jimnyc
Logroller I believe. If he insulted me, he can admit it I suppose
I am not sure what Hjmick did but if he did not insult me,
Thanks a lot.

Time for you guys to get thanked by me.

Those I missed, I also thank you. i don't mean to miss any of you.

Robert A Whit
03-03-2013, 09:26 PM

By the way, the few who spend their time fighting me, will also be thanked upon some sort of evidence they quit the fighting.

Tyr
Drummond
Voted4Reagan
Redstatesrule
Aeryn
Syrenn
Mundame
Cadet
Jimnyc
Thanks a lot.

Add Little Acorn to the list. A great poster.

tailfins
03-03-2013, 10:11 PM

Tyr
Drummond
Voted4Reagan
Redstatesrule
Aeryn
Syrenn
Mundame
Cadet
Jimnyc
Thanks a lot.

Well mercy me oh my, I thought I was your buddy.

Robert A Whit
03-03-2013, 10:17 PM
Well mercy me oh my, I thought I was your buddy.

Yes you are. I apologized to those I failed to name.

tailfins
03-03-2013, 10:23 PM
Yes you are. I apologized to those I failed to name.

Sometimes you remind me of an uncle I had when I was a kid. He would bring our aunt to visit then nap in the camper shell of his pickup. We kids would rock the pickup, he would sit up and yell at us at the top of his lungs. It was almost like he had a sign saying "mess with me". He was basically a good uncle but we got a kick out of watching him explode. He was born in 1906, so he must have been about 70 at the time.

Robert A Whit
03-03-2013, 11:01 PM
Sometimes you remind me of an uncle I had when I was a kid. He would bring our aunt to visit then nap in the camper shell of his pickup. We kids would rock the pickup, he would sit up and yell at us at the top of his lungs. It was almost like he had a sign saying "mess with me". He was basically a good uncle but we got a kick out of watching him explode. He was born in 1906, so he must have been about 70 at the time.

I post from a laptop in my pickup camper shell.

I am rotton to the core. I can't stand fools, idiots and such tarts.

Wait, some of the kids are rocking my pickup. :laugh:

taft2012
03-04-2013, 07:07 AM
Wow. You declared me and About Time to be "perfect", yet not worthy of thanks?

That's OK. However, you might want to take note that you omitted Dismas and Gestas, two guys who stuck with you to the very end.

aboutime
03-04-2013, 09:08 AM
Wow. You declared me and About Time to be "perfect", yet not worthy of thanks?

That's OK. However, you might want to take note that you omitted Dismas and Gestas, two guys who stuck with you to the very end.

taft. After hearing how the two of us are perfect. I thought of two other guys who agree with Robert. Larry, and Moe would never leave him.

mundame
03-04-2013, 09:08 AM
"Dismas and Gestas"

I admit I had to look it up. :rolleyes:

mundame
03-04-2013, 09:29 AM
Well, I know what you mean, Robert, and thanx for mentioning me in the column with the sheep.

As opposed to the goats.

The right side, not the left........

Taft has got me going on these religious metaphors, I can't stop. ;) Though his was more advanced than mine, which are easy ones.

I've been wrestling with Internet posting for upward of a quarter century now; I should just play video games instead, maybe. The sociodynamics of these communities are extremely complex and not at all like the Real World.

I haven't learned much: it's too hard for me, like Skyrim. But I've learned a little, viz:

1) No one who attacks you can be reclaimed. You can't reform them. They will NEVER reform, at least not on your schedule. You have to give up on them immediately, or waste a whole lot of life and peace.

2) There are a lot of types on forums. Some should be avoided: 1) the forum psychotic, who is a waste of time. I could tell you stories about word salad, someone thinking he's God, and so on. 2) The forum snarkaholic(s): there are always one or two and they are usually women, and they will never, never, never quit doing it because that's why they are here. So put them firmly on Ignore and leave them there. This is difficult for men because men want to talk to women, but trust me, it ain't gonna work out.

3) Serious sin is possible and a common temptation on forums. Don't get damned. We just end up feeling bad. The Golden Rule is quite useless, but I like working with the Silver Rule, when I can remember it ---- Don't do to others what you don't want them to do to you. Any of them, even the turkeys. Especially the turkeys.

fj1200
03-04-2013, 09:37 AM
"Dismas and Gestas"

I admit I had to look it up. :rolleyes:

pothead conservatives surely.

jimnyc
03-04-2013, 10:18 AM
I feel so honored. At this time I would like to thank my family, my manager, the producers and everyone else on the set. I would also like to th...

Oh, this isn't the Oscars? :coffee:

Robert A Whit
03-04-2013, 01:42 PM
I feel so honored. At this time I would like to thank my family, my manager, the producers and everyone else on the set. I would also like to th...

Correct. This is the thankeees.

Robert A Whit
03-04-2013, 01:48 PM
Well, I know what you mean, Robert, and thanx for mentioning me in the column with the sheep.

As opposed to the goats.

The right side, not the left........

Taft has got me going on these religious metaphors, I can't stop. ;) Though his was more advanced than mine, which are easy ones.

I've been wrestling with Internet posting for upward of a quarter century now; I should just play video games instead, maybe. The sociodynamics of these communities are extremely complex and not at all like the Real World.

I haven't learned much: it's too hard for me, like Skyrim. But I've learned a little, viz:

1) No one who attacks you can be reclaimed. You can't reform them. They will NEVER reform, at least not on your schedule. You have to give up on them immediately, or waste a whole lot of life and peace.

2) There are a lot of types on forums. Some should be avoided: 1) the forum psychotic, who is a waste of time. I could tell you stories about word salad, someone thinking he's God, and so on. 2) The forum snarkaholic(s): there are always one or two and they are usually women, and they will never, never, never quit doing it because that's why they are here. So put them firmly on Ignore and leave them there. This is difficult for men because men want to talk to women, but trust me, it ain't gonna work out.

3) Serious sin is possible and a common temptation on forums. Don't get damned. We just end up feeling bad. The Golden Rule is quite useless, but I like working with the Silver Rule, when I can remember it ---- Don't do to others what you don't want them to do to you. Any of them, even the turkeys. Especially the turkeys.

Well put. Very useful. You reminded me of things that I already know. But like fog, and the mist clearing, one may lose track of that advice and be baited and like hitting the donkey in his butt, off we go again.

I am type A. This means as a friend on AOL once said about me, Bob does not suffer fools very well. When they insult him, he knows better than to argue with the dummies, but he does and will.

But you reminded me once more it is like mud wrestling with pigs. It won't do any good but they enjoy it.

Thanks again.

Robert A Whit
03-04-2013, 01:54 PM
Let's add FJ 1200 to my list of whom I have thanked.

Why not thank the two perfect posters who whined on this thread?

Well, a better question is why would I?

I have come to learn both are totally perfect so why bother?

gabosaurus
03-04-2013, 04:16 PM

http://edge-img.datpiff.com/mdc65359/Young_T_the_Messenger_Dude_No_One_Cares-front-large.jpg

Robert A Whit
03-04-2013, 04:32 PM
http://edge-img.datpiff.com/mdc65359/Young_T_the_Messenger_Dude_No_One_Cares-front-large.jpg

You will once you get past puberty.

Kathianne
03-04-2013, 05:28 PM

No, it's the 'Robbies.'

Robert A Whit
03-04-2013, 06:19 PM
No, it's the 'Robbies.'

Start your own. Call it the boobies.

tailfins
03-04-2013, 06:20 PM

I still haven't figured out whether you're just yanking people's chain or if you would serious up when not doing so would put someone in a jam. In other words if someone's livelihood or other serious consequences were on the line, would you back off from throwing sand in the gearbox?

Robert A Whit
03-04-2013, 06:48 PM
As Gabby sees herself

As we see her