PDA

View Full Version : France continues its crackdown on radicals.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-06-2013, 08:32 AM
http://www.thelocal.fr/page/view/interior-ministers-vows-to-deport-radical-muslim-clerics#.UTdFBtY3vIc

"Several radical foreign preachers will be expelled in the coming days," Valls told a Brussels conference called to tackle extremism in Europe, without identifying any of the individuals concerned.
"I don't confuse this radical Islam with the Islam of France but there is a religious environment, there are Salafist groupings, who are involved in a political process, whose aim is to monopolize cultural associations and schools," he added.
"We will expel all these imams, all these foreign preachers who denigrate women, who hold views that run counter to our values and who say there is a need to combat France.
"We have to be extremely firm and that I will be," he said.
France is on red alert against a terror attack (http://www.thelocal.fr/page/view/islamist-aid-warns-france-of-dozens-of-merahs) after its military intervention in Mali. Security has been increased at airports and train stations (http://www.thelocal.fr/page/view/terror-threat-prompts-france-to-deploy-troops-in-paris#.UQktKr-ClqU) around the country.
This is not the first time France has tried to crack down on radical clerics. In March last year former President Nicolas Sarkozy banned four Muslim preachers from entering France to attend an Islamic conference, saying their "calls for hatred and violence" were a threat to public order.
The banning order came in the wake of al-Qaeda inspired Mohammed Merah's deadly shooting spree in Toulouse and Montauban.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When will America start taking such proactive measures against Islam?????????

Syrenn
03-06-2013, 09:30 AM
Good for France. Hopefully we follow their lead.....

mundame
03-06-2013, 09:36 AM
Good thread topic, Tyr!

I think I understand why France is able to take this sort of political stance, because I've been studying the French Revolution.

From about 1789 to at least 1794 Paris and all France was inundated with thousands of pamphlets and many hundreds of regular "newspapers," most of which competed to spread the most murderous incitement to violence toward pretty much everyone on every side. They did not mince words, nope ---- a la lanternes! was a mild incitement, and many people WERE hanged on the lampposts. Heads on pikes were big, too.

All this incitement resulted in the total breakdown of all society into civil war and the anarchy in Paris known as the Terror in 1793--94, in which they had to weave extra-large two-man wicker baskets to carry all the heads cut off by Madame Guillotine. Tens of thousands were guillotined: people now don't realize the scale of the Terror.

But France remembers, and they don't want these Muslims inciting this same sort of violence; so many of the same sort of mob from the Terror now live in the Muslim banlieus outside Paris, and the government realizes it could happen again.

As to your question, a huge amount of the same kind of inciting to violence is going on on our Internet; can you imagine the things people say now being said in the '50s or '60s? Didn't happen.

But we have to go through a violent revolution before we'll realize how bad it is and how important to avoid, as the French realize.

fj1200
03-06-2013, 09:56 AM
When will America start taking such proactive measures against Islam?????????

What would you have us do?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-06-2013, 10:01 AM
Good thread topic, Tyr!

I think I understand why France is able to take this sort of political stance, because I've been studying the French Revolution.

From about 1789 to at least 1794 Paris and all France was inundated with thousands of pamphlets and many hundreds of regular "newspapers," most of which competed to spread the most murderous incitement to violence toward pretty much everyone on every side. They did not mince words, nope ---- a la lanternes! was a mild incitement, and many people WERE hanged on the lampposts. Heads on pikes were big, too.

All this incitement resulted in the total breakdown of all society into civil war and the anarchy in Paris known as the Terror in 1793--94, in which they had to weave extra-large two-man wicker baskets to carry all the heads cut off by Madame Guillotine. Tens of thousands were guillotined: people now don't realize the scale of the Terror.

But France remembers, and they don't want these Muslims inciting this same sort of violence; so many of the same sort of mob from the Terror now live in the Muslim banlieus outside Paris, and the government realizes it could happen again.

As to your question, a huge amount of the same kind of inciting to violence is going on on our Internet; can you imagine the things people say now being said in the '50s or '60s? Didn't happen.

But we have to go through a violent revolution before we'll realize how bad it is and how important to avoid, as the French realize.

As you say the French have had a rich history of violence and people losing their heads over trivial acts. What they are trying to do now is to nip it in the bud despite the fact that it has gotten well past that stage! Perhaps they are seeing where it goes by carefully watching what is happening in Britain now with the Islamists taking over and shafting the native Brits all to hell and back.
I think it's the right course but the French will have to escalate and HARDEN THEIR ACTIONS MORE TO STOP THE COMING STORM IMHO. -Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-06-2013, 10:03 AM
What would you have us do?

Anything legal that will stop Islam's goal to destroy this nation.

fj1200
03-06-2013, 10:06 AM
Anything legal that will stop Islam's goal to destroy this nation.

Such as?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-06-2013, 10:08 AM
Such as?

New laws designed to stop any part of Sharia law ever being allowed here.

mundame
03-06-2013, 10:12 AM
My preference would be all Muslims expelled from Europe and from America.

This seriously needs to happen, or else they will simply take over. They have spread over much of the world, taking over by violence and ruling by force everywhere as soon as they get to a critical mass from Morocco all the way around the globe to Indonesia, and they have penetrated south into Africa and the Indian subcontinent.

We are going down; since white European culture is responsible for ALL of modern progress, bar none, I personally thing that would be a bad thing for the world.

mundame
03-06-2013, 10:13 AM

Tyr, you are so conservative!! You've got to think bigger... ;)

fj1200
03-06-2013, 10:15 AM

Oh good. I thought it was going to be a nebulous desire to take a stand.

tailfins
03-06-2013, 10:28 AM
As you say the French have had a rich history of violence and people losing their heads over trivial acts. What they are trying to do now is to nip it in the bud despite the fact that it has gotten well past that stage! Perhaps they are seeing where it goes by carefully watching what is happening in Britain now with the Islamists taking over and shafting the native Brits all to hell and back.
I think it's the right course but the French will have to escalate and HARDEN THEIR ACTIONS MORE TO STOP THE COMING STORM IMHO. -Tyr

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqEIt-rQqbM

jafar00
03-06-2013, 12:38 PM
My preference would be all Muslims expelled from Europe and from America.

ALL? Or just the salafis which are after all a product of western meddling. The Salafi or better known to Muslims as the Wahhabi were created by MI5 in order to weaken the Ottoman Empire from within creating infighting.

I agree with expelling Salafis. They are horrible, nasty people and need to be re-educated or ostracised.

Marcus Aurelius
03-06-2013, 03:37 PM
ALL? Or just the salafis which are after all a product of western meddling. The Salafi or better known to Muslims as the Wahhabi were created by MI5 in order to weaken the Ottoman Empire from within creating infighting.

I agree with expelling Salafis. They are horrible, nasty people and need to be re-educated or ostracised.

Oh holy shit.... now it's another governments fault that Muslims cannot do anything about the terrorists in their ranks, and someone else actually created them?

You're a fucking loon.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-06-2013, 06:44 PM
Oh good. I thought it was going to be a nebulous desire to take a stand.

What would the world be today if people had never had nebulous desires?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-06-2013, 06:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqEIt-rQqbM

Barney was a real hoot. I loved that nib it in the bud episode.

fj1200
03-07-2013, 09:42 AM
What would the world be today if people had never had nebulous desires?

Less hazy? :dunno: