PDA

View Full Version : Syria warplanes bombs city.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-06-2013, 08:39 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-21666917

5 March 2013 Last updated at 11:04 ETShare this page

Syria crisis: Warplanes 'bomb Raqqa after rebel gains'

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/66211000/jpg/_66211570_66211569.jpg

Amateur footage appears to show a statue of President Assad's late father, Hafez al-Assad, being toppled in Raqqa

Syrian warplanes have bombed the northern city of Raqqa, hours after reports said rebels had overrun it, activists and residents say.
Activists said at least 20 rebels and a civilian, and an unconfirmed number of troops, were killed in air strikes and in fresh fighting there.
Rebels captured the provincial governor when they routed regime forces in the city on Monday.
If the city falls it would mark a significant victory for the rebels.
"The centre of the city is being bombarded by warplanes. I counted 60 rockets," Reuters news agency quoted an unnamed resident as saying.
Government forces had been sent to retake the city, Sharif Shihada, a member of the Syrian parliament, told al-Jazeera television, Reuters said.
Rebels had taken control of most of Raqqa but there were still pockets of resistance, including inside the intelligence building in the city, activists said.
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights (SOHR), a UK-based activist group, said 20 rebel fighters and "tens of regular soldiers" were killed in fighting on Tuesday, while a civilian was shot dead by a sniper.
The SOHR said there were reports of further casualties from air strikes

mundame
03-06-2013, 09:57 AM
The more Syrians kill each other, the better I like it.

Syrians are enemies, and there is no use feeling sorry for one side or another: they are all Syrians, and they'd all wipe us out in a moment, if they had a button to push.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-06-2013, 10:06 AM
The more Syrians kill each other, the better I like it.

Syrians are enemies, and there is no use feeling sorry for one side or another: they are all Syrians, and they'd all wipe us out in a moment, if they had a button to push.

Talk like that will piss obama off. You do know obama has his crew watching and recording such internet talk. Info for later drone strikes perhaps. Be careful.;)

mundame
03-06-2013, 10:18 AM
Talk like that will piss obama off.

Talk like mine will annoy Nancy Pelosi, too. I still remember when she went to Syria for big-deal PC visit and wore a Muslim headscarf!!!

Omigod, that is so incredibly wrong.

That's like an American bowing to some king! No American would do THAT!!!!

Wait......................................

Voted4Reagan
03-06-2013, 11:52 AM
Talk like mine will annoy Nancy Pelosi, too. I still remember when she went to Syria for big-deal PC visit and wore a Muslim headscarf!!!

Omigod, that is so incredibly wrong.

That's like an American bowing to some king! No American would do THAT!!!!

Wait......................................

Too Late

http://gulagbound.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/obama-bow-saudi-king.jpg