PDA

View Full Version : How come my posts are being collapsed?????

mundame
03-06-2013, 10:07 AM
I have noticed that my posts are being collapsed all into one long post. Why is this happening?

I don't see it happening with anyone else, including people who post MUCH more than I do. Both more often and more posts at a time.

I don't like it, and it's discriminatory some way --- it's weird that it's happening just to me!

I tend to write long posts and if they are all compacted into one ultra-long post, who will read them? Shorter is better. Text bad, white space good: major editor rule.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm..................................may be that's the purpose, so people won't read my posts.

Hey, you don't want my posts, why not just ban me? :battleship:

fj1200
03-06-2013, 10:10 AM
I don't like it, and it's discriminatory some way --- it's weird that it's happening just to me!

No it's not.

mundame
03-06-2013, 10:14 AM
No it's not.

Expand on that comment, please, fj1200??

fj1200
03-06-2013, 10:17 AM
Expand on that comment, please, fj1200??

It's not happening just to you. There is no discrimination other than some mod wanting to consolidate posts.

mundame
03-06-2013, 10:27 AM
I think you are dead wrong.

I don't see it with anyone else and you did NOT say anyone you think it has happened to, certainly not you, though I asked you to expand on your simple negative undermining comment. How about posting some USEFUL information, not just "you're wrong, it doesn't matter, it's all your fault anyway" stuff?

It's probably dmp. He's always mean to me.

Well, unless you are a mod and I don't know it, fj1200. If you are one and are doing this, WHY is this happening? And why not to several other prolific posters?????

Darn, talk about discrimination. This is the worst discrimination I've seen since an employer told me they had to pay the guy more because he had a family. And that was in 1967.........

fj1200
03-06-2013, 10:34 AM
I think you are dead wrong.

Darn, talk about discrimination. This is the worst discrimination I've seen since an employer told me they had to pay the guy more because he had a family. And that was in 1967.........

Discriminated and put upon.

Robert's posts were combined yesterday as I was responding. So no, I'm not dead wrong.

mundame
03-06-2013, 10:43 AM
Discriminated and put upon.

Robert's posts were combined yesterday as I was responding. So no, I'm not dead wrong.

Well, if that is so, and I see no reason to disbelieve you and thank you for actually providing information though it took a crowbar to get it out of you!! it's the first time I've known anyone's posts but mine get collapsed, and why do it at all?

It makes no sense. Why are my posts -- for weeks or months, completely alone with no one else being treated this way -- and now some of Robert's --- why are they collapsed this way? Is the Internet running out of space?

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, somebody with power simply doesn't like what I say.

I suggest this is some kind of petty meanness and I suggest either you guys collapse everyone's posts on every thread, or else stop this. The Internet is not running out of space.

fj1200
03-06-2013, 10:44 AM
I'm pretty sure there's no conspiracy here and someone is just making an aesthetic determination of "readability."

/crowbar. :poke:

mundame
03-06-2013, 10:55 AM
I'm pretty sure there's no conspiracy here and someone is just making an aesthetic determination of "readability."

Maybe, but your constipated posts have got to be a whole lot less readable than mine. You are one of these one-line insult posters that drags down a forum.

Seems to me we could compress all your posts for 2013 into a single nasty paragraph and then put it in one thread of its own, where no one would reply.

Anton Chigurh
03-06-2013, 11:25 AM
I collapsed once. Found out later it had everything to do with the 11 boilermakers I had, prior to the collapse.

Maybe, but your constipated posts have got to be a whole lot less readable than mine. You are one of these one-line insult posters that drags down a forum.

Seems to me we could compress all your posts for 2013 into a single nasty paragraph and then put it in one thread of its own, where no one would reply.How come none of this love for me? I'm at least three times the nasty of FJ.:salute:

mundame
03-06-2013, 11:59 AM
How come none of this love for me? I'm at least three times the nasty of FJ.:salute:

Ahhhhhhhhhh..........but you were great in BOTH of those movies. ;)

Positive contribution makes a difference.

fj1200
03-06-2013, 12:31 PM

When necessary but then I also address specific points when necessary. But constipated? Hmm, much better than having my keyboard vomit accusations that are unsupported I suppose.

Seems to me we could compress all your posts for 2013 into a single nasty paragraph and then put it in one thread of its own, where no one would reply.

Maybe it would be nice to boil down all the insult posts into one, including all the posts that precede it, ;) but what you would have left would still win internet. :poke:

How come none of this love for me? I'm at least three times the nasty of FJ.:salute:

:bow3:

mundame
03-06-2013, 12:45 PM
When necessary but then I also address specific points when necessary. But constipated? Hmm, much better than having my keyboard vomit accusations that are unsupported I suppose.

Poor baby!! You can dish it out but you can't take it!

Maybe it would be nice to boil down all the insult posts into one, including all the posts that precede it, ;) but what you would have left would still win internet. :poke:

ALSO, I would like to point out that if you are going to be a one-line insult poster, perhaps you should proofread each tiny post to see if it makes ANY sense. The above bolded phrase does not.

darin
03-06-2013, 01:00 PM
Few things are more annoying than having to scroll through Eleventy-seven collective replies by the same user. Mundame, You do it A LOT; so if I'm in a thread you're blabbering in, I generally find the chance to conserve board resources (read: My satelite internet is slow, having to load fewer pages - by having fewer posts per page is a GOOD thing) and merge your shot-gun replies into one neat and tidy passage.

Some folks do it a LOT more than you, frankly. I don't always merge posts as they make-sense to be merged; but when I do, it's warranted. Mostly.

:)

ANOTHER advantage: Sometimes really terrible users try to up their post-count by doing this stuff. Merging them keeps that to a minimum.

mundame
03-06-2013, 01:53 PM
Few things are more annoying than having to scroll through Eleventy-seven collective replies by the same user. Mundame, You do it A LOT; so if I'm in a thread you're blabbering in, I generally find the chance to conserve board resources (read: My satelite internet is slow, having to load fewer pages - by having fewer posts per page is a GOOD thing) and merge your shot-gun replies into one neat and tidy passage.

Some folks do it a LOT more than you, frankly. I don't always merge posts as they make-sense to be merged; but when I do, it's warranted. Mostly.

ANOTHER advantage: Sometimes really terrible users try to up their post-count by doing this stuff. Merging them keeps that to a minimum.

I knew it was you: once I started thinking about it, I KNEW it just had to be you. A petty, little mind, attacking a woman because you hate women and boy, I am very, very sure that sentiment has been reciprocated by my gender your whole entire life.

Here's what I want: don't mess with my posts. Certainly don't do this ONLY to me. If you feel a compelling urge to maltreat and abuse me, do it also to all the other prolific posters: abouttime, Tyr, jafar, everyone. Then everyone will leave and of course that will be your fault for pulling down the forum.

Why don't you just stick to the techie stuff? You are completely useless and really bad for the forum when you mess around like this, or post, or show up at all. You might actually be useful if you stay out of sight and just work the machines.

People are not what you are good at.

darin
03-06-2013, 02:03 PM

I knew it was you: once I started thinking about it, I KNEW it just had to be you. A petty, little mind, attacking a woman because you hate women and boy, I am very, very sure that sentiment has been reciprocated by my gender your whole entire life.

Here's what I want: don't mess with my posts. Certainly don't do this ONLY to me. If you feel a compelling urge to maltreat and abuse me, do it also to all the other prolific posters: abouttime, Tyr, jafar, everyone. Then everyone will leave and of course that will be your fault for pulling down the forum.

Why don't you just stick to the techie stuff? You are completely useless and really bad for the forum when you mess around like this, or post, or show up at all. You might actually be useful if you stay out of sight and just work the machines.

Lemme get this straight....

I combine a few of your consecutive posts to help with the order of the board, and you accuse me of not being good with people? Honey, "People" are what I am BEST at; and am, in fact, PAID to do :)

Not that I am paid to 'do' people, but I'm paid in part to get people to work nicely together.

What we have is here the pot (you) calling the kettle (me) black.

You accuse me of being Pety, yet YOU are the one bitching over petty shit.

And hate women? I LOVE women. If you were a woman I might love you too, if you paid me ;) Maybe not even then, because you can not read. Read my reply, then try to accuse me of 'doing it ONLY to you'? Are you REALLY functionally retarded, or do you simply glaze over facts you don't like?

Stop being a dickhead, Mundame

darin
03-06-2013, 02:08 PM
Look - you little liar...

Your posts were NEVER edited. Your RANT, violating the rules was edited. Otherwise They were merged when they were consecutive. And not every consecutive post you made,

Stop blowing up the 'reported post' feature for your absolutely Mind-numbing insane claims.

Marcus Aurelius
03-06-2013, 02:16 PM

bye bye, dumb ass.

jimnyc
03-06-2013, 02:48 PM
I really wish it had not come to this, mundame, and I do hope you take a moment to re-think things when you return. Darin has merged many of my posts as well, and I've seen him do so to many users, male and female alike (mostly guys as we have more guys here of course).

It's weird sometimes to come back to a thread and see if someone has replied to you, and see the thread and your own posts differently, since they've now been merged.

But it's harmless. That's the reason the "multiquote" option was added, so that someone can reply to multiple users in one post, instead of making many posts in a row. Some people get bothered when they see this and some don't. But in the end, certainly no posts themselves are edited or changed, just merged together. And I can assure you that he doesn't do so because he doesn't like you, or because you are female. Like I said, he does the same to me at times, and I think he likes me (at least a little?).

fj1200
03-06-2013, 02:50 PM
Poor baby!! You can dish it out but you can't take it!

I thought I took it quite well while turning it around and describing your posit in this thread. I guess next time I'll just lie back and enjoy the ride until you're done. :)

ALSO, I would like to point out that if you are going to be a one-line insult poster, perhaps you should proofread each tiny post to see if it makes ANY sense. The above bolded phrase does not.

Actually it does make sense but it may help if you substituted your favorite past time, golf, baseball, competitive crocheting... with my use of "internet." I do admit I was stretching in my usage. :)

darin
03-06-2013, 03:02 PM
In honour of Mundame: Consecutive-Post-Free-For-All!!

Ready....................

GO!

Voted4Reagan
03-06-2013, 03:42 PM
I collapsed once. Found out later it had everything to do with the 11 boilermakers I had, prior to the collapse.

but you're on only 1/3 as much!

lol

Anton Chigurh
03-06-2013, 09:33 PM

ANOTHER advantage: Sometimes really terrible users try to up their post-count by doing this stuff. Merging them keeps that to a minimum.There's a Mod for that to make it do that automatically based on time between posts, and if the next reply is same user who last replied.

SassyLady
03-07-2013, 12:12 AM
Wow ... Mundame .... you are sooooooooooo way off base on this. I sometimes come here late at night and start reading through a thread and post a reply to everyone's post ... and it's quite annoying to me to reread the thread and see about 6-8 posts from me in a row. I will then ask one of the mods to combine my posts so I'm not cluttering up the thread.

Your accusations about dmp are unfounded ... I'm a woman, he loves me, therefore, YOU ARE WRONG!!!

dmp ... reps???

darin
03-07-2013, 05:42 AM
Sassy was one of the last people I called before Iraq a couple years ago. She even SOUNDS sexy. :)

Kathianne
03-07-2013, 07:10 AM
Sassy was one of the last people I called before Iraq a couple years ago. She even SOUNDS sexy. :)

I sure don't know about 'sexy' I don't think of her that way. I do know she is one of the smartest and nicest people I've every one across on the boards.

Kathianne
03-07-2013, 08:39 AM
I sure don't know about 'sexy' I don't think of her that way. I do know she is one of the smartest and nicest people I've ever run across on the boards.

Fixed my dumb typos.

Anton Chigurh
03-07-2013, 10:00 AM
I sure don't know about 'sexy' I don't think of her that way. I do know she is one of the smartest and nicest people I've every one across on the boards.I'm more nicer though.

fj1200
03-07-2013, 10:18 AM
I'm more nicer though.

And ya' talk gooooood.

jimnyc
03-07-2013, 12:01 PM
^^ Kath made 2 posts in a row!! :slap:

Voted4Reagan
03-07-2013, 10:23 PM
^^ Kath made 2 posts in a row!! :slap:

Darin said it was OKAY

SassyLady