PDA

View Full Version : Milwaukee sheriffs dept buys Monster Truck Amored Vehicle for ?

revelarts
03-06-2013, 10:20 AM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/S7cHY2ztet4?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Please what the heck is that for?
please give me a reasonable any explanation as to WHY the sherriffs dept should spend tax money on that?

Would have loved to to see the city council meeting that approved that.

mundame
03-06-2013, 10:35 AM
please give me a reasonable any explanation as to WHY the sherriffs dept should spend tax money on that?

Oh, let me help you out on that.........................

Doubtless the council meeting talked about the Palcynski incident in Baltimore.

It was about 12 years ago. This guy held the whole city in a reign of terror for two solid weeks, invading homes and shooting people at regular intervals, interspersed with holding hostages for days at a time. He ranged all over; at one point the news placed him ONE BLOCK AWAY from our farm, with its large haylofts and several outbuildings: we went armed whenever we fed animals for DAYS.

I could go on, but it was pretty awful. Finally they ran him to earth in a family's home where he had taken three hostages including a little boy.

Here's the thing about the vehicle you don't like: they sent it in to negotiate with him thru a window. He would not talk on the phone; they used bullhorns. He would then shoot out all four tires (whoops, design flaw!). The armored car would then limp out to a safe area and they would replace it with the one they borrowed from Columbia nearby, and go back and try again (they were keeping him awake till he got real tired). He would shoot out the tires on THAT one, and the process repeated several times.

Eventually he went to sleep and the two parents escaped thru a window -- he had the boy in the same room with him and his guns. The police ran in and, strangely enough, seemed to feel he resisted arrest................ that was one dead guy shot full of holes, and NOBODY in Maryland complained, be sure.

So yeah, big cities now do need SWAT armored vehicles, IMO.

hjmick
03-06-2013, 06:29 PM
DHS and other government entities are buying billions of rounds of ammunition...

DHS just bought 2,700 of these:

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/homeland-security-mrap.jpg

And now Eric Holder has suggested that a drone strike on an American citizen on U.S. soil would be constitutional...

Sorry Rev, Milwaukee is the least of our worries...

Kathianne
03-06-2013, 06:51 PM
I'd bet that it wasn't Milwaukee paying for it, but Homeland Security, meaning US taxpayers.

Robert A Whit
03-06-2013, 07:22 PM
A friend stopped by and we were discussing the left wing system this country lives with.
Pete came to CA many years back from MA.

While we don't see those large trucks around, those are a sign of the left believing they are at risk of losing control.

That first truck in the OP appears to me to be built to deal with roadside explosives. The next truck is just armored and very large. Can they actually have that bad of a criminal problem?

Pete and I lamented over PBS and how it hit the brakes as to being plain news to a left wing organ and lunged headfirst to the left.

Today they again ran a piece about Chavez. Who gives a damn that he died. A one liner is plenty,.

Chavez died.

All we needed to know.

Not 15 minutes of nonsense about Hugo Chavez.

If this was still 1950, you all would not be enduring this sort of crap.

fj1200
03-07-2013, 09:19 AM
Chavez died.

All we needed to know.

Not 15 minutes of nonsense about Hugo Chavez.

Disagree if they were discussing what a piece of crap his policies were.

RoccoR
03-07-2013, 09:06 PM
et al,

This is just comic relief! Junk.

(COMMENT)

As the military adventures wind down, there will be more of this junk on the market, and DHS is being foolish.

v/r
R