PDA

View Full Version : How many "good husband points" do I get for eating a monkey?

tailfins
03-06-2013, 01:01 PM
My wife is hinting at it little by little and I just know I'm going to be dared to do this next time we visit. If I don't eat some monkey I will be forever marked as a wuss with the in-laws. Thoughts?

Syrenn
03-06-2013, 01:14 PM
My wife is hinting at it little by little and I just know I'm going to be dared to do this next time we visit. If I don't eat some monkey I will be forever marked as a wuss with the in-laws. Thoughts?

Man up and eat the monkey.

NightTrain
03-06-2013, 01:19 PM
I wouldn't.

And I think they'd respect you more for not allowing yourself to be bullied into eating a primate... seems rather barbaric.

Syrenn
03-06-2013, 01:24 PM
I wouldn't.

And I think they'd respect you more for not allowing yourself to be bullied into eating a primate... seems rather barbaric.

maybe here in america or a western country.... sure i would agree with you.

based on the monkey...its an asian country. The "manly" rules and respect thing are not the same.

NightTrain
03-06-2013, 01:29 PM

based on the monkey...its an asian country. The "manly" rules and respect thing are not the same.

Understood.

However, expecting an American man to partake of something like this is unreasonable. We don't eat horses and we don't eat monkeys.

tailfins
03-06-2013, 01:32 PM

It's in the Amazon region of Brazil in South America, actually. It will likely be several days in a canoe and several days back. My father-in-law was part of a project to invent a written language for one of the tribes.

Syrenn
03-06-2013, 01:32 PM
Understood.

However, expecting an American man to partake of something like this is unreasonable. We don't eat horses and we don't eat monkeys.

why would it be unreasonable.... he is after all their son in law..yes?

when in Rome.... do as the Romans do.

you dont seem to understand..... in my opinion, this is going be a huge test of his manhood and how large his dick is. Which is why i would think his wife is going to push and push and push him to do it.

Syrenn
03-06-2013, 01:33 PM
It's in the Amazon region of Brazil in South America, actually.

lol.... almost as bad.

jafar00
03-06-2013, 01:34 PM
I see your eating a monkey and raise you a baby monkey riding on a pig backwards!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_sfnQDr1-o

mundame
03-06-2013, 01:37 PM
Why not? "Long Pig" is supposed to be really delicious, and monkey has to be close.

We've got a new Caribbean restaurant in the area serving goat.

NightTrain
03-06-2013, 01:39 PM
why would it be unreasonable.... he is after all their son in law..yes?

when in Rome.... do as the Romans do.

you dont seem to understand..... in my opinion, this is going be a huge test of his manhood and how large his dick is. Which is why i would think his wife is going to push and push and push him to do it.

It's his decision, of course.

Personally, I wouldn't. The wife would just have to understand that I won't do things that I don't agree with simply to impress her parents.

I mean, really... "Hey, did you get a load of how manly that American Bob is? He really chewed that monkey like a champion!!"

Syrenn
03-06-2013, 01:46 PM
It's his decision, of course.

Personally, I wouldn't. The wife would just have to understand that I won't do things that I don't agree with simply to impress her parents.

I mean, really... "Hey, did you get a load of how manly that American Bob is? He really chewed that monkey like a champion!!"

and what if its the other way round...

"hey, did you see that pussy our daughter married? He wouldn't even try it after the wife cooked all day to make it".

Again.... when in rome, do as the romans do.

Its called being a polite guest in someone elses home. You dont make value judgements....and you eat what is offered.

No faces, no drama. You take a bit and eat it. Say it was nice but you will pass on more.

:cheers2:

cadet
03-06-2013, 01:48 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoqDYcCDOTg

revelarts
03-06-2013, 01:58 PM
What parts of the monkey?
and would it be rude to put barbecue sauce on it?

If it's lean meat of some kind, fried or broiled or over an open flame. And they are eatin it. man up bro.

My wife's a daughter of a pastor from Africa. When i visited there I didn't even ask what some of the stuff was i ate.
I took to heart the verse "eat whats set before you asking no questions". And my wife, did run some interference and wouldn't even let me eat a few things. so i had that going for me. But i did get challenged a few times. everyone at the table roars and cheers as i swallowed the stuff. haven't been back in quite a while..:rolleyes:

As far as point go, pffsst.. yeah ok. if you say so.

NightTrain
03-06-2013, 02:02 PM
and what if its the other way round...

"hey, did you see that pussy our daughter married? He wouldn't even try it after the wife cooked all day to make it".

Again.... when in rome, do as the romans do.

Its called being a polite guest in someone elses home. You dont make value judgements....and you eat what is offered.

No faces, no drama. You take a bit and eat it. Say it was nice but you will pass on more.

:cheers2:

There are a great many things that are considered cultural delicasies that are absolutely disgusting. Since you went with the Rome line, here's something from Italy that I also wouldn't eat :

Casu Marzu (Italy)One form of sheep's milk cheese is full of crawling white worms. It is over-fermented – in a stage of decomposition – and is known as Casu Marzu. It is a traditional dish from Sardinia, Italy that is believed to increase sexual desire.
Casu Marzu is made when the cheese fly lays eggs (about 500 eggs at one time). When the eggs hatch, the maggots (larva of the fly) begin to eat through the cheese. The soft texture of the cheese is a result of the acid from these thousands of maggots’ digestive systems breaking down the cheese’s fats. But see for yourself.
The most important aspect of eating Casu Marzu is that it should be eaten when these wriggling maggots are alive, or else it is full of dead maggots and is considered to be unsafe. It is also advised to wear eye protection while eating as these maggots can jump as high as half a foot, straight into the eye. Also, not only could this food cause allergic reactions and intestinal larval infection, but it may also lead to vomiting, nausea and deadly diarrhea. Still, people risk their lives to eat it.

There's a long list, and while I do enjoy trying new foods, I draw the line at personally offensive foods. Nope, won't try Rocky Mountain Oysters, either, and I really don't care if Tex thinks I'm a pussy or not - I've proven myself and I'm comfortable with who I am.

I certainly wouldn't offend the host by being rude, I would simply decline the Monkey Meat and ask for more of those delicious fiddlehead ferns or jaguar!

tailfins
03-06-2013, 02:04 PM
What parts of the monkey?
and would it be rude to put barbecue sauce on it?

If it's lean meat of some kind, fried or broiled or over an open flame. And they are eatin it. man up bro.

My wife's a daughter of a pastor from Africa. When i visited there I didn't even ask what some of the stuff was i ate.
I took to heart the verse "eat whats set before you asking no questions". And my wife, did run some interference and wouldn't even let me eat a few things. so i had that going for me. But i did get challenged a few times. everyone at the table roars and cheers as i swallowed the stuff. haven't been back in quite a while..:rolleyes:

As far as point go, pffsst.. yeah ok. if you say so.

As a guest, I would likely get choice. When I met my wife I stole her from an Americanized Brazilian guy she said wasn't assertive enough. They would probably laugh if I brought BBQ sauce. They think it's gross.

Syrenn
03-06-2013, 02:10 PM
There are a great many things that are considered cultural delicasies that are absolutely disgusting. Since you went with the Rome line, here's something from Italy that I also wouldn't eat :

[/FONT][/COLOR]

There's a long list, and while I do enjoy trying new foods, I draw the line at personally offensive foods. Nope, won't try Rocky Mountain Oysters, either, and I really don't care if Tex thinks I'm a pussy or not - I've proven myself and I'm comfortable with who I am.

I certainly wouldn't offend the host by being rude, I would simply decline the Monkey Meat and ask for more of those delicious fiddlehead ferns or jaguar!

i know about the worm cheese if you thought you were going to shock me with it......and rocky mountain oysters are pretty darn good too.....

:laugh:

Syrenn
03-06-2013, 02:12 PM
As a guest, I would likely get choice. When I met my wife I stole her from an Americanized Brazilian guy she said wasn't assertive enough. They would probably laugh if I brought BBQ sauce. They think it's gross.

LOL

i suggest you read what you just wrote....... if you are in any doubt what they expect of you.

Marcus Aurelius
03-06-2013, 02:32 PM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by tailfins http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=622387#post622387)

Man up and eat the monkey.

maybe he'd rather spank the monkey?

tailfins
03-06-2013, 03:10 PM
maybe he'd rather spank the monkey?

I don't do my own manual labor.

jimnyc
03-06-2013, 03:12 PM
Eat a monkey and we can't be friends anymore! They're our little friends!!!

fj1200
03-06-2013, 03:13 PM
Eat a monkey and we can't be friends anymore! They're our little friends!!!

Friends don't let friends sling poo.

jimnyc
03-06-2013, 03:15 PM
Friends don't let friends sling poo.

You'd fling poo too if another species was developing ways to eat you, BBQ sauce and all!

revelarts
03-06-2013, 03:44 PM
Casu Marzu (Italy)One form of sheep's milk cheese is full of crawling white worms. It is over-fermented – in a stage of decomposition – and is known as Casu Marzu. It is a traditional dish from Sardinia, Italy that is believed to increase sexual desire.
Casu Marzu is made when the cheese fly lays eggs (about 500 eggs at one time). When the eggs hatch, the maggots (larva of the fly) begin to eat through the cheese. The soft texture of the cheese is a result of the acid from these thousands of maggots’ digestive systems breaking down the cheese’s fats. But see for yourself.
The most important aspect of eating Casu Marzu is that it should be eaten when these wriggling maggots are alive, or else it is full of dead maggots and is considered to be unsafe. It is also advised to wear eye protection while eating as these maggots can jump as high as half a foot, straight into the eye. Also, not only could this food cause allergic reactions and intestinal larval infection, but it may also lead to vomiting, nausea and deadly diarrhea. Still, people risk their lives to eat it.

Crap sorry, i'm not eatin that.
Call me what you want ,
want to divorce over it... OK... take your cheese and go if it means that much to you.

gabosaurus
03-06-2013, 04:03 PM

Let's see... Conservatives have been all over Obama for eating dog as a child. Yet you, an adult, are considering willing eating monkey?

If you do, make sure you eat the brains. Monkey brains are considered a delicacy by some cultures.

gabosaurus
03-06-2013, 04:10 PM
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CnVf1ZoCJSo" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe> .

Voted4Reagan
03-06-2013, 04:12 PM
You'd fling poo too if another species was developing ways to eat you, BBQ sauce and all!

Nobody would eat Gabby..

Not even her husband

gabosaurus
03-06-2013, 04:14 PM
Nobody would eat Gabby..

Not even her husband

Incorrect. :cool:

aboutime
03-11-2013, 07:12 PM
Nobody would eat Gabby..

Not even her husband

I heard Gabby was (8) ate, before she was seven. Her tongue remarks seem to prove it.

tailfins
03-11-2013, 07:35 PM
Let's see... Conservatives have been all over Obama for eating dog as a child. Yet you, an adult, are considering willing eating monkey?

If you do, make sure you eat the brains. Monkey brains are considered a delicacy by some cultures.

If I eat a monkey, I promise not to criticize you for making your monkey ride atop the car.

hjmick
03-11-2013, 07:59 PM
"Eating a monkey..."

Is that what the kids are calling it these days?

glockmail
03-11-2013, 08:31 PM
It's in the Amazon region of Brazil in South America, actually. It will likely be several days in a canoe and several days back. My father-in-law was part of a project to invent a written language for one of the tribes.

When I read your OP my thought was: no. But this is different if you're with some folks in their native land. When in Rome...