PDA

View Full Version : Too good to pass up --- quotes from Barack H Obama

KarlMarx
03-06-2013, 09:50 PM
Try not to make a funny face when you read these....

"I will cut taxes - cut taxes - for 95 percent of all working families, because, in an economy like this, the last thing we should do is raise taxes on the middle class"

"And I will do everything that I can as long as I am President of the United States to remind the American people that we are one nation under God, and we may call God different names but we remain one nation"

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better. I, therefore, intend to oppose the effort to increase American's debt."

"It's time to fundatmentally change the way that we do business in Washington. To help build a new foundation for the 21st century, we need to reform our government so that it is more efficient, more transparent, and more creative. That will demand new thinking and a new sense of responsibility for every dollar that is spent."

"Americans still believe in an America where anything's possible - they just don't think their leaders do"

"We need earmark reform, and when I'm President, I will go line by line to make sure that we are not spending money unwisely"

"Over the last 15 months, we've traveled to every corner of the United States. I've now been in 57 states? I think one left to go"

"As long as I'm Commander-In-Chief, we will sustain the strongest military the world has ever known..."

you did make a funny face... I saw you!

aboutime
03-06-2013, 10:30 PM

"I will cut taxes - cut taxes - for 95 percent of all working families, because, in an economy like this, the last thing we should do is raise taxes on the middle class"

"And I will do everything that I can as long as I am President of the United States to remind the American people that we are one nation under God, and we may call God different names but we remain one nation"

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better. I, therefore, intend to oppose the effort to increase American's debt."

"It's time to fundatmentally change the way that we do business in Washington. To help build a new foundation for the 21st century, we need to reform our government so that it is more efficient, more transparent, and more creative. That will demand new thinking and a new sense of responsibility for every dollar that is spent."

"Americans still believe in an America where anything's possible - they just don't think their leaders do"

"We need earmark reform, and when I'm President, I will go line by line to make sure that we are not spending money unwisely"

"Over the last 15 months, we've traveled to every corner of the United States. I've now been in 57 states? I think one left to go"

"As long as I'm Commander-In-Chief, we will sustain the strongest military the world has ever known..."

4642 This is Obama's face.

jafar00
03-06-2013, 11:52 PM
Hmmm. They aren't quite as cringe worthy as Bushisms are they?

CSM
03-07-2013, 07:01 AM

I think that is all a matter of perspective. I have far more concerns over the actions of this administration than the rhetoric. When Bush was president, I did not necessarily worry about that administration trying to foster a dictatorship within this country; with the current administration I am seriously beginning to wonder. The recent threads on the amount of ammunition (and MRAP vehicles) the DHS is buying, Obama's desire for a civilian force equitable to the US military, the erosion of individual rights, and yes, even the current debate over drone strikes within US borders on American citizens raises a whole bunch of red flags for me.

jimnyc
03-07-2013, 11:55 AM

Maybe, maybe not. But do they really need to stack up to someone else in order to be idiotic, lies or bad for our country? Bringing up Bush is just an excuse, a deflection.

jafar00
03-07-2013, 12:29 PM
I think that is all a matter of perspective. I have far more concerns over the actions of this administration than the rhetoric. When Bush was president, I did not necessarily worry about that administration trying to foster a dictatorship within this country; with the current administration I am seriously beginning to wonder. The recent threads on the amount of ammunition (and MRAP vehicles) the DHS is buying, Obama's desire for a civilian force equitable to the US military, the erosion of individual rights, and yes, even the current debate over drone strikes within US borders on American citizens raises a whole bunch of red flags for me.

Maybe neither Bush nor Obama were ever really in charge in the first place and are simply puppets distracting us from the real new world order!?!

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m82yj4mJmU1ryqpe4o1_250.gif

jimnyc
03-07-2013, 12:34 PM
Maybe neither Bush nor Obama were ever really in charge in the first place and are simply puppets distracting us from the real new world order!?!

Well, they are in charge, but Congress has a way of making ANYONE look bad. While I think Obama is perhaps one of the 5 worst presidents ever, maybe down to him and Carter - perhaps Congress is just as bad right now, if not worse. Fire them all, implement term limits and start over.

gabosaurus
03-07-2013, 12:51 PM
If you are looking for dumb presidential quotes, you are missing a goldmine:

"I promise you I will listen to what has been said here, even though I wasn't here." --at the President's Economic Forum in Waco, Texas, Aug. 13, 2002

"Tribal sovereignty means that; it's sovereign. I mean, you're a -- you've been given sovereignty, and you're viewed as a sovereign entity. And therefore the relationship between the federal government and tribes is one between sovereign entities." --Washington, D.C., Aug. 6, 2006.

"You know, one of the hardest parts of my job is to connect Iraq to the war on terror." --interview with CBS News' Katie Couric, Sept. 6, 2006

"I'm the commander -- see, I don't need to explain -- I do not need to explain why I say things. That's the interesting thing about being president." --as quoted in Bob Woodward's Bush at War

"I will not withdraw, even if Laura and Barney are the only ones supporting me." --talking to key Republicans about Iraq, as quoted by Bob Woodward

"Do you have blacks, too?" --to Brazilian President Fernando Cardoso, Washington, D.C., Nov. 8, 2001

"For every fatal shooting, there were roughly three non-fatal shootings. And, folks, this is unacceptable in America. It's just unacceptable. And we're going to do something about it." --Philadelphia, Penn., May 14, 2001

"This is an impressive crowd -- the haves and the have mores. Some people call you the elite -- I call you my base." --at the 2000 Al Smith dinner

"I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe and what I believe -- I believe what I believe is right." --Rome, Italy, July 22, 2001

"See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda." --Greece, N.Y., May 24, 2005 (Listen to audio clip)

"I wish you'd have given me this written question ahead of time so I could plan for it...I'm sure something will pop into my head here in the midst of this press conference, with all the pressure of trying to come up with answer, but it hadn't yet...I don't want to sound like I have made no mistakes. I'm confident I have. I just haven't -- you just put me under the spot here, and maybe I'm not as quick on my feet as I should be in coming up with one." --after being asked to name the biggest mistake he had made, Washington, D.C., April 3, 2004

http://www.brokencountry.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/gw-bush-monkey.jpg

jimnyc
03-07-2013, 12:54 PM
Here's the major difference between the 2 - Bush made a LOT of dumb statements and sounded like a dummy a lot, cause he speaks like a dummy. Obama on the other hand, speaks very well, just gets caught up in lies. I'll take the guy not speaking well 100 times out of 100 over a liar.

cadet
03-07-2013, 12:54 PM
if you are looking for dumb presidential quotes, you are missing a goldmine:

"i promise you i will listen to what has been said here, even though i wasn't here." --at the president's economic forum in waco, texas, aug. 13, 2002

"tribal sovereignty means that; it's sovereign. I mean, you're a -- you've been given sovereignty, and you're viewed as a sovereign entity. And therefore the relationship between the federal government and tribes is one between sovereign entities." --washington, d.c., aug. 6, 2006.

"you know, one of the hardest parts of my job is to connect iraq to the war on terror." --interview with cbs news' katie couric, sept. 6, 2006

"i'm the commander -- see, i don't need to explain -- i do not need to explain why i say things. That's the interesting thing about being president." --as quoted in bob woodward's bush at war

"i will not withdraw, even if laura and barney are the only ones supporting me." --talking to key republicans about iraq, as quoted by bob woodward

"do you have blacks, too?" --to brazilian president fernando cardoso, washington, d.c., nov. 8, 2001

"for every fatal shooting, there were roughly three non-fatal shootings. And, folks, this is unacceptable in america. It's just unacceptable. And we're going to do something about it." --philadelphia, penn., may 14, 2001

"this is an impressive crowd -- the haves and the have mores. Some people call you the elite -- i call you my base." --at the 2000 al smith dinner

"i know what i believe. I will continue to articulate what i believe and what i believe -- i believe what i believe is right." --rome, italy, july 22, 2001

"see, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda." --greece, n.y., may 24, 2005 (listen to audio clip)

"i wish you'd have given me this written question ahead of time so i could plan for it...i'm sure something will pop into my head here in the midst of this press conference, with all the pressure of trying to come up with answer, but it hadn't yet...i don't want to sound like i have made no mistakes. I'm confident i have. I just haven't -- you just put me under the spot here, and maybe i'm not as quick on my feet as i should be in coming up with one." --after being asked to name the biggest mistake he had made, washington, d.c., april 3, 2004

http://www.brokencountry.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/gw-bush-monkey.jpg

he's not in office anymore live in the present!

gabosaurus
03-07-2013, 12:56 PM
but the quotes are still dumb!!!

jimnyc
03-07-2013, 12:57 PM
he's not in office anymore live in the present!

It's like Palin, who's not even in office. They are obsessed, obsessed with going back in time that is, anytime a difficult question is posed about Obama. Anything at all other than facing the facts. I'm used to it since 2009 now. The liberals don't want to answer the hard questions, or more likely cannot. It's scary that people vote and then don't give a rats ass what the person they voted for actually does.

tailfins
03-07-2013, 12:59 PM

Almost as dumb as quotes from comments made by you.

cadet
03-07-2013, 01:01 PM

And most of us are in agreement that bush wasn't that bright!
But we can't exactly go back in time and change that now can we? Bush can't affect the world anymore!!!
But we can still do something about the dipshit in office today! He can still harm us more then he already has!

jimnyc
03-07-2013, 01:02 PM
And most of us are in agreement that bush wasn't that bright!
But we can't exactly go back in time and change that now can we? Bush can't affect the world anymore!!!
But we can still do something about the dipshit in office today! He can still harm us more then he already has!

Do as my brother would say... Go out in your yard with a box. Now fill it with rocks. Now bring it back inside and sit it next to you on the couch. Attempt to have a reasonable discussion with them. :coffee:

Little-Acorn
03-07-2013, 01:19 PM
4642 This is Obama's face.

No, THIS is Obama's face.

http://www.shinyshiny.tv/pinocchio.jpg

Robert A Whit
03-07-2013, 01:19 PM
Why won't Democrats give the whole statement that Bush made?

Why or how can any so called smart republican agree that Bush was dumb or said dumb things?

Bush had a particular style is all. But if one reads not the zip line quote offered by Democrats, but the whole statement by Bush, one gets a very different picture.

She snapped off some smart ass try to bash Bush by using one sentence. In context, it makes plenty of sense.

I shall highlight that one sentence to prove the point.

All of what Bush said...

COURIC: You have said we can't cut and run on more than one occasion. We have to stay until we win. Otherwise, we'll be fighting the terrorists here at home on our own streets. So what do you mean exactly by that, Mr. President?

BUSH: Well, I mean that a defeat in Iraq will embolden the enemy and will provide the enemy – more opportunity to train, plan, to attack us. That's what I mean. There – it's – you know, one of the hardest parts of my job is to connect Iraq to the war on terror. I believe it. As I told you, Osama bin Laden believes it.
But the American people – have gotta understand that a defeat in Iraq – in other words, if this government there fails - the terrorists will be emboldened, the radicals will topple moderate governments.

I'm worried, Katie, strongly worried about a world if we – if – if we lose, you know, our confidence and don't help – defeat this ideology, I'm worried that 50 years from now they'll look back and say, "How come – Bush and everybody else didn't see the fact that these – this group of people would use oil to affect our economy?"

Or, "How come he didn't confront the Iranian threat and its nuclear ambitions?" Or, "Why didn't you support the moderate governments there in the region?" And – I – I truly believe this is the ideological struggle of the 21st century. And the consequences for not achieving success are – are dire.

Abbey Marie
03-07-2013, 02:01 PM
Actually, the Bush quotes make me nostalgic for the time when the WH was occupied by him, a sincere and compassionate President.

Marcus Aurelius
03-07-2013, 02:06 PM
"Do you have blacks, too?" --to Brazilian President Fernando Cardoso, Washington, D.C., Nov. 8, 2001

bunk

http://www.snopes.com/quotes/brazil.asp

So, what this issues boils down to is a non-specific, single-source item,
one which the Washington Post has the White House dismissing as "total crap."
Lacking anything more to go by, we have to leave this one in the "undetermined"
column. </pre>

tailfins
03-07-2013, 02:18 PM
It's better to see a President make mistakes saying what he thinks than one that MIGHT make fewer mistakes reading from a teleprompter. Which President is referred to as the "teleprompter-in-chief"?

Trigg
03-07-2013, 03:25 PM

There is a major difference between these two posts.

Karlmarx quotes have (mostly) to do with policy. The last 4 yrs have shown him to be a liar. He has taxed the middle class and the debt has grown exponentially.

"I promise you I will listen to what has been said here, even though I wasn't here." --at the President's Economic Forum in Waco, Texas, Aug. 13, 2002

"Tribal sovereignty means that; it's sovereign. I mean, you're a -- you've been given sovereignty, and you're viewed as a sovereign entity. And therefore the relationship between the federal government and tribes is one between sovereign entities." --Washington, D.C., Aug. 6, 2006.

"You know, one of the hardest parts of my job is to connect Iraq to the war on terror." --interview with CBS News' Katie Couric, Sept. 6, 2006

"I'm the commander -- see, I don't need to explain -- I do not need to explain why I say things. That's the interesting thing about being president." --as quoted in Bob Woodward's Bush at War

"I will not withdraw, even if Laura and Barney are the only ones supporting me." --talking to key Republicans about Iraq, as quoted by Bob Woodward

"For every fatal shooting, there were roughly three non-fatal shootings. And, folks, this is unacceptable in America. It's just unacceptable. And we're going to do something about it." --Philadelphia, Penn., May 14, 2001

"This is an impressive crowd -- the haves and the have mores. Some people call you the elite -- I call you my base." --at the 2000 Al Smith dinner

"I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe and what I believe -- I believe what I believe is right." --Rome, Italy, July 22, 2001

"See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda." --Greece, N.Y., May 24, 2005 (Listen to audio clip)

"I wish you'd have given me this written question ahead of time so I could plan for it...I'm sure something will pop into my head here in the midst of this press conference, with all the pressure of trying to come up with answer, but it hadn't yet...I don't want to sound like I have made no mistakes. I'm confident I have. I just haven't -- you just put me under the spot here, and maybe I'm not as quick on my feet as I should be in coming up with one." --after being asked to name the biggest mistake he had made, Washington, D.C., April 3, 2004

Gabby's quotes on the other hand are just dumb or out of context things Bush said.

jimnyc
03-07-2013, 03:29 PM
There is a major difference between these two posts.

Karlmarx quotes have (mostly) to do with policy. The last 4 yrs have shown him to be a liar. He has taxed the middle class and the debt has grown exponentially.

Gabby's quotes on the other hand are just dumb or out of context things Bush said.

Another, the one about Bush saying he needs to make a connection between Iraq and the war on terror...

COURIC: You have said we can't cut and run on more than one occasion. We have to stay until we win.

BUSH: [in agreement] Mm-hmm.

COURIC: Otherwise we'll be fighting the terrorists here at home on our own streets. So, what do you mean exactly by that, Mr. President?

BUSH: Well, I mean that a defeat in Iraq will embolden the enemy, and will provide the enemy more opportunity to train, plan, to attack us. That's what I mean.

It's, uh, it's, uh…you know, one of the hardest parts of my job is to connect Iraq to the war on terror. I believe it, but the American people have got to understand that a defeat in Iraq - in other words, if this government there fails, the terrorists will be emboldened, the radicals will topple moderate governments, and, uh - I truly believe this the ideological struggle of the 21st century. And the consequences for not achieving success are dire.

gabosaurus
03-07-2013, 03:40 PM
Let's get really nostalgic for stupid quotes here:

"Because Vietnam was not a declared war, the veterans are not even eligible for the G. I. Bill of Rights with respect to education or anything."
--Ronald Reagan, in Newsweek, April 21, 1980.

"Today a newcomer to the state is automatically eligible for our many aid programs the moment he crosses the border."
--Ronald Reagan, in a speech announcing his candidacy for Governor, January 3, 1966.

jimnyc
03-07-2013, 03:42 PM

"Because Vietnam was not a declared war, the veterans are not even eligible for the G. I. Bill of Rights with respect to education or anything."

"Today a newcomer to the state is automatically eligible for our many aid programs the moment he crosses the border."
--Ronald Reagan, in a speech announcing his candidacy for Governor, January 3, 1966.

You do realize that states have borders too, no?

Kathianne
03-07-2013, 03:43 PM
The Obama quotes in the end, address his philosophy, some of the quotes directly, most as conceals.

Bushes are misspeaks, which he did more often than most.

In either of their cases, one may look at actions to make judgments.

gabosaurus
03-07-2013, 03:50 PM
The true meaning is always funnier on the other side of the political fence.

Kathianne
03-07-2013, 03:51 PM
The true meaning is always funnier on the other side of the political fence.

I'm not looking for 'funny' from politicians, but actions.

cadet
03-07-2013, 05:01 PM

That is true, America didn't want to get into another war right after the world wars. So instead of calling it a war, it was declared a conflict between the country and we decided to send forces to help the democratic side.

The biggest issue with Vietnam was that politics were dictating when/where the military could bomb. Rolling thunder was a huge failure, it was a slow bombing that gave just enough time for them to build up the strongest air defense in the world.
If politics had left and allowed Linebacker I and II to commence earlier, the conflict would have been done much earlier and with far fewer casualties.

Kathianne
03-07-2013, 05:47 PM
That is true, America didn't want to get into another war right after the world wars. So instead of calling it a war, it was declared a conflict between the country and we decided to send forces to help the democratic side.

The biggest issue with Vietnam was that politics were dictating when/where the military could bomb. Rolling thunder was a huge failure, it was a slow bombing that gave just enough time for them to build up the strongest air defense in the world.
If politics had left and allowed Linebacker I and II to commence earlier, the conflict would have been done much earlier and with far fewer casualties.

As was Korea before it and several others after. No war has been declared since wwii. Doubt one will for foreseeable future.

Trigg
03-07-2013, 06:37 PM
at the end of the day, it's nice to know that gabby doesn't care that bambam has lied to the American public. Taxes have increased, the debt has exploded and middle class income has decreased.

I'm glad that she is appreciative of the "funny side" of politics

KarlMarx
03-07-2013, 09:25 PM

You certainly missed my point... it not what he SAID it's what he DID that make quotes I selected so, shall we say, humorous.

(Except for the quote about 57 states, you'd think it would be a qualification for a sitting President to know how many states there are in the Union but hey... I'm old fashioned like that)

But I digress....

The guy's kneecapped the military, he's downgraded our credit rating, he has us in the worst economic quandary since the Stone Age... what more can you ask for?

So long as Barack Obama is President comedians will not have to worry about a shortage of material

Robert A Whit
03-09-2013, 06:19 PM
You certainly missed my point... it not what he SAID it's what he DID that make quotes I selected so, shall we say, humorous.

(Except for the quote about 57 states, you'd think it would be a qualification for a sitting President to know how many states there are in the Union but hey... I'm old fashioned like that)

But I digress....

The guy's kneecapped the military, he's downgraded our credit rating, he has us in the worst economic quandary since the Stone Age... what more can you ask for?

So long as Barack Obama is President comedians will not have to worry about a shortage of material

Democrats don't merely like Obama, they fawn all over him. Sing songs in school to the man. They adore him.

He, you would think should pay them back.

But his idea of payback is to go play golf. To get on a very expensive airplane to fly, daily in fact, and go all over trying to blame Bush.

The man is a professional blamer.

Robert A Whit
03-09-2013, 06:29 PM

No idea why you pulled this out of your hat but since you did, let me explain the remark about GI bill with respect to education or anything.

I was discharged Jan 29, 1964 and my rights were nil. Just some stuff about a flag and burial site and some military guys with rifles firing away.

Vietnam lasted a long time. Near the end of the war, Congress suddenly decided to sweep a lot of vets into said programs.

I for instance for the first time got my VA home loan guarantee bill. I used it but then paid off the house so I still have the same privilege.

I also was granted school vouchers paid for by the VA. At the point they gave it to me, I was almost out of the Army ten years and they managed to cap education rights at 10 years out of service. I used what little I had available. By 1980, Reagan must have been thinking all education benefits had lapsed. But this is only if one is stupid enough to trust any remark you claim Reagan made.

Now, make a huge chart of all the dumb, stupid commends or lies told by Obama and you will spend the next month working on it.

Folks, tried to find her comment on snopes. What do you know.

<tbody>
http://www.snopes.com/logo.gif
<center>

http://cdnx.tribalfusion.com/media/common//adChoice/icon/ad_choices_i_UR.png

</center>

</tbody>
<center>

Sorry, no matches were found containing "Because Vietnam was not a declared war, the veterans are not even eligible for the G. I. Bill of Rights with respect to education or anything." --Ronald Reagan, in Newsweek, April 21, 1980..</center>
We're sorry you didn't find what you were looking for. Please try again, this time basing your search on one or two words you deem central to the item you are looking for. Because many items circulate in numerous forms, often this slight shift in strategy will locate articles that a search on a specific string or title missed. (See our Search Tips (http://www.snopes.com/info/search/searchtips.asp) page for additional information.)

If you don't find the item you're looking for, please use our Submission Form (http://www.snopes.com/cgi-bin/comments/webmail.asp) to send it to us. We can't write about it if we don't know about it!

Search Again (http://www.snopes.com/search)

http://cdnx.tribalfusion.com/media/common//adChoice/icon/ad_choices_i_UR.png

aboutime
03-09-2013, 06:39 PM

cadet. And Primarily to Gabby. NOT TRUE. As a Vietnam veteran, as well as a Gulf War, and Cold War veteran.

I never had any problems getting, or using the GI Bill you stated in that Reagan quote. Actually. He was responsible for making it possible for American service members like me...to get FULL USE of the GI BILL.
So...bringing half-truths, or false information based on WISHFUL, LIBERAL idea's JUST ISN'T TRUE, and doesn't work.

Robert A Whit
03-09-2013, 06:47 PM
cadet. And Primarily to Gabby. NOT TRUE. As a Vietnam veteran, as well as a Gulf War, and Cold War veteran.

I never had any problems getting, or using the GI Bill you stated in that Reagan quote. Actually. He was responsible for making it possible for American service members like me...to get FULL USE of the GI BILL.
So...bringing half-truths, or false information based on WISHFUL, LIBERAL idea's JUST ISN'T TRUE, and doesn't work.

As a vet, I know better than to say it was due to Reagan. The law was changed to bring in not only Vietnam Vets, but those vets who were skipped over after the Korean war conflict and the start of the Vietnam war. This took place after I became a real estate agent since in 1971 I had no such benefits but later that same year I suddenly got home buying benefits plus education benefits. The education benefits had one catch. They had to be fully used up by the time 10 years passed from date of release from active duty. That hurt me since I was out by Jan 64 so I had till late Jan 74 to use them. I used some. I admit I did not use all of them for college though.

I suddenly was able to buy a home with no money down. I however put a down payment on the home and bought it. I figured I wanted to limit the loan amount. I sold the house and my full home buying benefit is restored. We all can buy a VA guaranteed home if the seller is willing to sell it to us. They must pay some of our expenses and some won't do that.

Kathianne
03-10-2013, 12:05 AM
I don't remember any Korean or Vietnam vets not getting GI Bill like benefits. Many of my friend's fathers had served in Korea. Some neighbor kids served in Vietnam and cousins too, they all had those benefits and used them.

Wiki also shows the benefits were there:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G.I._Bill

Robert A Whit
03-10-2013, 03:12 PM
I don't remember any Korean or Vietnam vets not getting GI Bill like benefits. Many of my friend's fathers had served in Korea. Some neighbor kids served in Vietnam and cousins too, they all had those benefits and used them.

Wiki also shows the benefits were there:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G.I._Bill

The Korean war era benefits ended in 1955. I can't recall the date (can look it up) that the Vietnam vets were awarded benefits but I was a gap vet. I was in and out too late for Korea and out before Vietnam. We had zip for benefits. We got nothing. Congress decided to add in the Gap vets and that i do remember because I suddenly was able to use said benefits. I think at most I had 2 years to use the benefits but keep in mind my discharge date of late January 64. I could start using them say by September but that costs many months of school. Anyway. I know i did use some school benefits and I was also working full time as a Real Estate agent.

Part of the real estate test was on VA benefits and we also had to know the FHA programs to pass the state test.

I sold plenty of VA guaranteed homes to Vets as well as FHA then plenty of conventional loans.

revelarts
03-12-2013, 09:10 AM
WASHINGTON (AP) — He's not a dictator and won't entertain the idea of a "Jedi mind-meld" with opponents. There's no "secret formula or special sauce" he can slip foes to make them see things his way. And not to worry, he says, the situation may look dire but won't be an "apocalypse."

So who was the guy in a suit and tie who showed up Friday in the White House briefing room, mixing metaphors and references to "Star Wars" and "Star Trek"?

"I am not a dictator. I'm the president," Barack Obama declared as he rejected the idea of using Secret Service agents to keep lawmakers from leaving until everyone agreed on a budget. He answered reporters' questions shortly after an inconclusive, 52-minute meeting with the Democratic and Republican leaders of the House and Senate.

"So ultimately, if (Senate Minority leader) Mitch McConnell or (House Speaker) John Boehner say, 'We need to go to catch a plane,' I can't have Secret Service block the doorway. Right?"

Even if he did bar his office — the oval one — Obama said he wouldn't do a "Jedi mind-meld" with Congress' top two Republicans to persuade them "to do what's right."

Yoda-quoting nerds, Beltway insiders and even Hollywood heroes were instantly abuzz. The presidential mishmash of sci-fi references went viral, turning off geeks who had considered Obama one of their own after a slip of the tongue that was almost as bad as confusing Klingons and Ewoks, or even Democrats and Republicans.

Jedi are from "Star Wars," while mind melds happened on "Star Trek."

Mister Spock of "Star Trek" weighed in.

"Only a Vulcan mind-meld would be effective on this Congress. LLAP," Leonard Nimoy emailed after The Associated Press sought his reaction. Nimoy signed off with the abbreviation for his "Live long and prosper."

Maybe it was the power of the Force or some kind of Starfleet prime directive, but the White House couldn't ignore comments like that, flashing in and out of time and space and mixed metaphors like a Tardis traveling at warp speed in social media. It later tweeted: "We must bring balance to the force," with a link to an Obama photo inside a border designed to look like outer space.

As for the situation that led Obama to the briefing room in the first place, he could have quoted Bobby McFerrin and just said: "Don't worry. Be happy."

Instead, the president went with: "This is not going to be a apocalypse."

not exactly a quote but...
http://mynetbox.info/images/xtra/obama-jedi-vulcan.jpg