PDA

View Full Version : Jafar Silent on Cyprus Question

taft2012
03-07-2013, 07:06 AM
So in the Israel-Palestine thread Jafar was bemoaning the "ethnic cleansing," "removal from ancestral homes," and territory thefts committed by Israel against the Palestinians. I reminded him that Turkish Muslims did far worse against peaceful Cypriots in Cyprus, and he responded as such:

Why bring Cyprus into the conversation. at has nothing to do with Israel.

Didn't this thread start with the subject of Israel's continued illegal settlement building

and

You can open another thread about it if you like.

So here we are, in another thread...

In 1974, the Turks invaded the sovereign nation of Cyprus. The Turks ethnically cleansed the Greek Cypriot Orthodox Christians completely out of the northern 1/3 of the nation, kicked them out of their ancestral homes, and have ever since occupied this stolen territory. Priests were driven out of their historic churches, which were then converted into mosques.

The United Nations unanimously condemned the invasion. Afterwards, to this day, no nation on the planet recognizes this alleged nation, the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus (except Pakistan, who recognizes it for reasons similar to why Pakistan recognized the Taliban.)

Now let's compare this alleged nation that was founded, built upon Islamic anti-Christian aggression, territorial thefts, ethnic cleansing, and the deaths of many innocents who remain missing to this day, this alleged nation built over United Nations unanimous condemnations...

Let's compare this Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus to Israel, a nation which was literally established by the United Nations.

So, back to my question; Jafar, if your concern in Israel is truly about ethnic cleansing, territorial thefts, removal of families from ancestral homes, etc...

What say you to your fellow Muslims regarding the on-going atrocity in Cyprus?

And for the rest of us here.... Do you ever wonder why the Cyprus question is never brought up in the lamestream news media? Why don't they want us to remember it, to talk about it, to know about it?

Why does the media give us so many opportunities to Jew bash over Israel... but never an opportunity to Muslim bash over Cyprus?

taft2012
03-07-2013, 07:12 AM
Yikes.... coffee.

Jimmy, could u plz fix typo in title? :coffee:

jafar00
03-07-2013, 10:50 AM
I honestly don't know that much about the Cyprus question except I know it has been a political problem for both Turkey and Greece.

taft2012
03-08-2013, 06:25 AM
I honestly don't know that much about the Cyprus question except I know it has been a political problem for both Turkey and Greece.

So that's it? Islamic ethnic cleansing of Christians, removal from ancestral homes, and territorial theft did not register on your radar? Only when Muslims are the alleged victims?

Isn't the fact that you don't "know that much about the Cyprus question" telling in and of itself? Why has the lamestream liberal news media virtually blacked out the story?

I provided you with a thumbnail sketch of the problem. Based on that, what do you think? Were the Muslims in the wrong? You might also want to check out the Wikipedia entry for the Turkish invasion of Cyprus.

This is not ancient history. This is a much more recent event than the formation of Israel. This is a story everyone should know in these times of Islamic aggression.

And frankly, I'm rather surprised the readership of DP let you slide with that pathetic non-answer.

jafar00
03-08-2013, 06:51 AM
So that's it? Islamic ethnic cleansing of Christians, removal from ancestral homes, and territorial theft did not register on your radar? Only when Muslims are the alleged victims?

Isn't the fact that you don't "know that much about the Cyprus question" telling in and of itself? Why has the lamestream liberal news media virtually blacked out the story?

I provided you with a thumbnail sketch of the problem. Based on that, what do you think? Were the Muslims in the wrong? You might also want to check out the Wikipedia entry for the Turkish invasion of Cyprus.

This is not ancient history. This is a much more recent event than the formation of Israel. This is a story everyone should know in these times of Islamic aggression.

And frankly, I'm rather surprised the readership of DP let you slide with that pathetic non-answer.

You do realise of course that Turkey was a strictly secular country then. Still is now.

As for debating Cyprus, I am in no position to debate something I know little about. All I really know about the place is that I once got some very tasty nectarines from there once.

taft2012
03-08-2013, 07:04 AM
You do realise of course that Turkey was a strictly secular country then. Still is now.

Really? "Strictly secular"?

Do "strictly secular" invaders usually ethnically cleanse out everyone of a particular religion, confiscate their historic churches, and turn them into mosques?

Nope, that doesn't even pass the most remedial stink test.

As for debating Cyprus, I am in no position to debate something I know little about.

Complete and utter BS. You won't talk about it because:

1. It is indefensible, and in reality far worse than you accuse Israel of
2. You won't talk about it because you, and other Muslims, don't want people to know about it.

taft2012
03-08-2013, 07:24 AM
http://www.un.org/en/peacekeeping/missions/unficyp/

UNFICYP
United Nations Peacekeeping Force in Cyprus
Following the hostilities of 1974, the Security Council adopted a number of resolutions expanding the mandate of UNFICYP to include supervising a de facto ceasefire, which came into effect on 16 August 1974, and maintaining a buffer zone between the lines of the Cyprus National Guard and of the Turkish and Turkish Cypriot forces.

In the absence of a political settlement to the Cyprus problem, the mandate of UNFICYP has been periodically extended by the Security Council and the Force has continued its presence on the island to supervise ceasefire lines, maintain a buffer zone, undertake humanitarian activities and support the good offices mission of the Secretary-General.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-08-2013, 08:08 AM

He only gets a pass from those that are too ignorant. too liberal and too stupid to understand his religion.
We that took the time to study Islam and keep abreast of its current war on every other religion in the world
do not give him or his flimsy, lying propaganda a pass!
Notice he admitted defeat when he put me on ignore. Like a child tossed out that I was rude as his childish excuse to run from the truth I present on his cherished cult.
Others more rude were not designated to be ignored.
I defeated him with pure truth and it still chaps his azz.- :laugh:--Tyr

Marcus Aurelius
03-08-2013, 08:10 AM
...I am in no position to debate something I know little about.

then you should probably not post anymore, as you know nothing.

taft2012
03-08-2013, 08:15 AM
He only gets a pass from those that are too ignorant. too liberal and too stupid to understand his religion.
We that took the time to study Islam and keep abreast of its current war on every other religion in the world
do not give him or his flimsy, lying propaganda a pass!
Notice he admitted defeat when he put me on ignore. Like a child tossed out that I was rude as his childish excuse to run from the truth I present on his cherished cult.
Others more rude were not designated to be ignored.
I defeated him with pure truth and it still chaps his azz.- :laugh:--Tyr

On the Cyprus question Jafar has no alternative other than to run up the white flag and surrender. To defend it would require doing a complete flip-flop on every argument mustered on the Palestinian issue.

This factual inconvenience is why for 40 years there has been a virtual news blackout on the subject in the liberal media.

Which is why I bring it up whenever I can.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-08-2013, 09:10 AM
[QUOTE=taft2012;622992]On the Cyprus question Jafar has no alternative other than to run up the white flag and surrender. To defend it would require doing a complete flip-flop on every argument mustered on the Palestinian issue.

This factual inconvenience is why for 40 years there has been a virtual news blackout on the subject in the liberal media.

Which is why I bring it up whenever I can.[/QUOTE

And Jafhil running dog simply hates that.

jafar00
03-08-2013, 10:04 AM
Really? "Strictly secular"?

Do "strictly secular" invaders usually ethnically cleanse out everyone of a particular religion, confiscate their historic churches, and turn them into mosques?

Nope, that doesn't even pass the most remedial stink test.

Complete and utter BS. You won't talk about it because:

1. It is indefensible, and in reality far worse than you accuse Israel of
2. You won't talk about it because you, and other Muslims, don't want people to know about it.

Yes. Strictly secular. Look up what Mustafa Kemal Ataturk did to make Turkey the secular country it is today.

As for Cyprus, why am I being strong armed into debating something I know little about? Is it because you need an easy debate victory?

Tell you what. Whatever you say is right. I'd rather just go and pack my bag for skiing since I'm head up to the French Alps in the morning rather than spend some time studying the Cyprus issue just to please you.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-08-2013, 10:15 AM
Yes. Strictly secular. Look up what Mustafa Kemal Ataturk did to make Turkey the secular country it is today.

As for Cyprus, why am I being strong armed into debating something I know little about? Is it because you need an easy debate victory?

Tell you what. Whatever you say is right. I'd rather just go and pack my bag for skiing since I'm head up to the French Alps in the morning rather than spend some time studying the Cyprus issue just to please you.

^^^^^^^^^^^ As Jahil running dog presents his excuse to run from Taft's rebukes of his previous lies.

Way to go Taft, put the boy on the run and got an excuse from him too!-:clap:-:beer:

Why does jahil declare it an easy debate victory for Taft?? Can not Allah lead him to the words to refute Taft's claims?
Now we see many more chinks in his armor.

taft2012
03-08-2013, 07:56 PM

As I asked and you ignored, what "strictly secular" invaders ethnically cleanse out an entire religion, confiscate their houses of worship, and convert them into houses of worship for the invaders?

Nope, doesn't come close to any definition of "strictly secular."

No, it's because you were whining about ethnic cleansing, eviction from ancestral homes, forcible taking of territory, and United Nations condemnations. When I pointed out a contemporary example of Muslims fitting the exact same criteria, suddenly you know nothing about it and don't want to discuss it.

Hypocrisy.

taft2012
03-09-2013, 07:16 AM
put the boy on the run and got excuse from him too!-:clap:-:beer:

Why does jahil declare it an easy debate victory for Taft?? Can not Allah lead him to the words to refute Taft's claims?
Now we see many more chinks in his armor.

Heh, thanks ole chum. :beer:

Remember the introduction to that TV show "The X Files".... when it said "The truth is out there"?

It really is out there, the liberals just try to keep it hidden from us.

When you consider how many Americans know about the Israel and Palestinian question, and argue it, and debate, for decade after decade... and then consider what tiny fraction of a percentage even have the most rudimentary knowledge about what happened, and is still happening in Cyprus, you have to wonder why.

Tyr, Drumm.... ask yourselves when was the last time you saw Cyprus brought up in a debate about Islamic aggression? What percentage of people do you know that are even aware of the situation?

Most of the time we argue about what they want us to argue about.

aboutime
03-09-2013, 06:42 PM
Heh, thanks ole chum. :beer:

Remember the introduction to that TV show "The X Files".... when it said "The truth is out there"?

It really is out there, the liberals just try to keep it hidden from us.

When you consider how many Americans know about the Israel and Palestinian question, and argue it, and debate, for decade after decade... and then consider what tiny fraction of a percentage even have the most rudimentary knowledge about what happened, and is still happening in Cyprus, you have to wonder why.

Tyr, Drumm.... ask yourselves when was the last time you saw Cyprus brought up in a debate about Islamic aggression? What percentage of people do you know that are even aware of the situation?

Most of the time we argue about what they want us to argue about.

taft. True. The truth is out there, but most liberals these days have their own versions of truth called LIES they have been convinced to believe, and never question. EXAMPLE: Just listening to Obama, and members of the DNC use their brainwashing propaganda to convince the Educationally Challenged who voted for him.