PDA

View Full Version : Anger over immigration plan surprises GOP senators

nevadamedic
05-31-2007, 12:02 AM
Story Highlights
• Constituents expressing intense anger over immigration bill at GOP senators
• Nearly half of voters who oppose immigration plan view it as extremely important
• Those who support immigration reform not demanding that Congress act

Full Story, is anyone surprised voters are mad?
http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/05/29/bush.immigration/index.html

Hobbit
05-31-2007, 12:06 AM
I'm getting a lot of milage out of this picture.

http://wzus.ask.com/r?t=a&d=us&s=a&c=p&ti=1&ai=30751&l=dir&o=0&sv=0a300524&ip=48982e57&u=http%3A%2F%2Froadtripamerica.com%2Fsigns%2Fduh.j pg

Seriously

stephanie
05-31-2007, 12:17 AM
Bull....They got the same reaction the last time...they tried to pull this crap..
I guess they think people have just forgotten, and will not say shit...

Write, call, email...

Don't let them get away with this...

Even write and email President Bush...

nevadamedic
05-31-2007, 02:35 AM
Bull....They got the same reaction the last time...they tried to pull this crap..

Write, call, email...

I do write and call, can you get me Bush's email address?

musicman
05-31-2007, 02:44 AM

www.sellout2nwo.screwconserv

nevadamedic
05-31-2007, 03:02 AM
www.sellout2nwo.screwconserv

I still like, respect and support President Bush even though he is wrong on this issue.

05-31-2007, 07:08 AM
i was watching a brief clip of the news last night where they were discussion the fracture in the GOP over immigration. and i was just sitting there thinking... um there isnt a fracture. the whole party is completely united. We all hate illegal immigration. Our representatives cant seem to figure that out though. its quite outrageous.

Mr. P
05-31-2007, 08:03 AM

Close...

Please send your comments to comments@whitehouse.gov. Due to the large volume of e-mail received, the White House cannot respond to every message. For further up-to-date information on Presidential initiatives, current events, and topics of interest to you, please continue to use the White House website.

Vice President Richard Cheney: vice_president@whitehouse.gov

JohnDoe
05-31-2007, 10:06 AM
Illegal immigration is a very complicated issue and no one seems to want to address the real issues imo.

We have the possibility of 12-20 million illegal aliens, becoming citizens in a decade.

Pro-By legalizing these illegals, it will be easier for homeland security to find the "real illegal" badguys.

Pro-With the birthrate in the usa in a decline for a near half century and the pending baby boomers retiring, the near immediate newly added legals could help supplement the future costs of the baby boomer peak.

Pro-With the cheap illegal workers becoming newly legal immigrants, preventing employers from abusing them and also because they now have a legal status, employers will have to pay USA wages and taxes on them, making them "less cheap" than they were before, putting the American worker in the "ball game" again with the jobs the illegals have basically stolen from them by under cutting them, therefore, wages will go up in the usa by making them legal in a short time.

Pro- If you don't legalize these people or give them inticement to legalize these people then they will STILL be here in the USA on in illegal status.

Pro-There is no way possible for any reasonable amount of tax payer's money, to deport 12-20 million people for breaking our Civil Laws. (Unless of course the govt went after the businesses for BIG Pentalty Money for hiring them in the first place and enforced these laws)

Con-Legalizing these illegals ahead of all other immigrants that have been waiting in line LEGALLY is wrong.

Con-Legalizing these 12-20 million people without securing our borders first is a recipe for disaster, and another 20 million illegals will have hope of making it in and becoming legal.

Con-This Bill does not focus on the Businesses that broke the law enough

Con-All the relatives of these 12-20 million illegals will make their way in to our country and become legal also

Con-Allowing these 12-20 million to get legal status lowers the standard for immigrants, not allowing enough room for citizens of other countries in from Europe and Africa, and Russia and China, and India etc. making us LESS DIVERSE and less of a melting pot of various immigrants with various talents.

--------------------

I am sure more Pros and cons can be listed, this is just a sampling.

Pale Rider
05-31-2007, 07:14 PM

Write, call, email...

Done. Quite a few times over already.

But don't worry. The bill is D.O.A.. If needs be, it'll get blue slipped.

Kathianne
05-31-2007, 07:17 PM
Done. Quite a few times over already.

But don't worry. The bill is D.O.A.. If needs be, it'll get blue slipped.

I don't know if it's DOA, but do know that Tony Snow was dancing mightily today.

Pale Rider
05-31-2007, 07:33 PM
I don't know if it's DOA, but do know that Tony Snow was dancing mightily today.

Republicans are seeing that if this bill passes, it will wreck any chance of a republican president in '08. I really don't think it has a chance in hell.

I saw Tony Snow yesterday on Fox News at the White House.

5stringJeff
05-31-2007, 09:00 PM
Republicans are seeing that if this bill passes, it will wreck any chance of a republican president in '08. I really don't think it has a chance in hell.

I saw Tony Snow yesterday on Fox News at the White House.

I wrote my Congressman today telling him no way do you vote for that thing.

nevadamedic
05-31-2007, 10:03 PM
I wrote my Congressman today telling him no way do you vote for that thing.

Awesome, you should write your Senators too.

5stringJeff
06-01-2007, 03:35 PM
Awesome, you should write your Senators too.

They're both lousy Democrats.

Kathianne
06-01-2007, 04:14 PM
They're both lousy Democrats.

Here too.