PDA

View Full Version : So, my son almost gets me in trouble

jimnyc
03-08-2013, 01:44 PM
He's no longer sick and back in school today, but...

While in NJ for the weekend, him and my niece pulled a nice little stunt. It's one of those "challenges" you see. Cinnamon challenge, to see if you can eat an entire spoonful of the crap, but you'll inevitably puke. The gallon milk challenge, same thing, as we just can't drink that amount of milk without puking. The ghost pepper challenge, which is the hottest pepper in the world, and makes people burn for hours...

My son and niece, pour salt on the backs of their hands, and then hold an ice cube up to the salt. Apparently it has some sort of reaction which makes it burn your hand. Before you know it, both idiots have perfectly square burn marks on both hands, and they are proud of themselves.

Fast forward 6 days later. I get a call from the school, as 2 teachers called the guidance counselor to report the burns. He explains to them what he did, but it ends up in administration anyway, who calls me to make sure I am aware of what he did (probably to make sure I didn't do it actually!)

Abbey Marie
03-08-2013, 01:48 PM
Oh lordy! Your wife is going to be thrilled. :eek:

jimnyc
03-08-2013, 01:55 PM
Oh lordy! Your wife is going to be thrilled. :eek:

Yeah, I'm not exactly getting a glowing review as being a Dad this week! I already called her to tell her, but I guess no excuse will work. He was under my watch and the buck stops at the top!

Abbey Marie
03-08-2013, 02:00 PM
Yeah, I'm not exactly getting a glowing review as being a Dad this week! I already called her to tell her, but I guess no excuse will work. He was under my watch and the buck stops at the top!

Would a chilled bottle of Prosecco help? :laugh2:

NightTrain
03-08-2013, 02:01 PM
Awesome!

I can top it.

When my son was in 1st grade, they'd been teaching the kids about drugs and how they're bad, mmmkay? They told the little shavers that cigarettes and alcohol are drugs, and at that age they really can't see the difference, only what the teachers are telling them.

So later that day my son confessed that Mommy and Daddy do drugs all the time to another teacher, and I got a call from Child Protective Services (something like that) saying they were on their way to my house, and could I come home right now. So I wheeled the Lowboy into my house since I was in the area, wondering wtf was going on.

There was two prune-faced women giving me the hairy eye and began their investigation on the spot with trying to figure out what kinds of drugs I was doing... I told them I don't do drugs, and of course they weren't buying.

Finally I called the School and asked them what my son had said, and his teacher was horrified that I had the Goon Squad interrogating me as to my alleged drug use.

They cleared it up, and I was a little pissed but it was kind of funny in retrospect. I'll never forget the baleful looks those two old bitties were giving me at first.

tailfins
03-08-2013, 02:03 PM

But it was your kid who ultimately did the deed. Everyone should be grateful you're not a helicopter parent.

I'm glad I have my father-in-law for cover who feeds my son woodpecker, hot sauce, puts him up to playing with home made fireworks, getting lost, doesn't require seat belts and a bunch of other stuff I can't remember.

When we were visiting other relatives in Brazil:
My youngest son overheard a bunch of family members complain how the law is ignored, so he decided to do some vandalism to test it out.

Abbey Marie
03-08-2013, 02:05 PM
Awesome!

I can top it.

When my son was in 1st grade, they'd been teaching the kids about drugs and how they're bad, mmmkay? They told the little shavers that cigarettes and alcohol are drugs, and at that age they really can't see the difference, only what the teachers are telling them.

So later that day my son confessed that Mommy and Daddy do drugs all the time to another teacher, and I got a call from Child Protective Services (something like that) saying they were on their way to my house, and could I come home right now. So I wheeled the Lowboy into my house since I was in the area, wondering wtf was going on.

There was two prune-faced women giving me the hairy eye and began their investigation on the spot with trying to figure out what kinds of drugs I was doing... I told them I don't do drugs, and of course they weren't buying.

Finally I called the School and asked them what my son had said, and his teacher was horrified that I had the Goon Squad interrogating me as to my alleged drug use.

They cleared it up, and I was a little pissed but it was kind of funny in retrospect. I'll never forget the baleful looks those two old bitties were giving me at first.

That is an awesome story! Jim, I think he might have you beat. :laugh2:

jimnyc
03-08-2013, 02:06 PM
Awesome!

I can top it.

:lol:

When Jordan was in preschool, at Montessori, he told them that we keep him in a cage at times!! LOL

fj1200
03-08-2013, 02:07 PM
My son and niece, pour salt on the backs of their hands, and then hold an ice cube up to the salt. Apparently it has some sort of reaction which makes it burn your hand. Before you know it, both idiots have perfectly square burn marks on both hands, and they are proud of themselves.

Hey Superdad. Salt lowers the freezing point of water.

jimnyc
03-08-2013, 02:08 PM
Hey Superdad. Salt lowers the freezing point of water.

I just put some salt on my driveway, and sidewalk. Same idea? Whouda thunk it!! :beer:

tailfins
03-08-2013, 02:18 PM
I think you're getting a bum rap. You did the best you could; no one should be on your back.

jimnyc
03-08-2013, 02:25 PM
I think you're getting a bum rap. You did the best you could; no one should be on your back.

Nah, I think everyone understands, kids will be kids, kids will do dumb things. If anything, he simply needs it reinforced not to copycat asinine things he sees others doing on Youtube. I did a lot worse by the time I was his age, I just didn't get caught! :thumb:

Syrenn
03-08-2013, 02:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNFAsKwCCHw

aboutime
03-08-2013, 08:53 PM
Nah, I think everyone understands, kids will be kids, kids will do dumb things. If anything, he simply needs it reinforced not to copycat asinine things he sees others doing on Youtube. I did a lot worse by the time I was his age, I just didn't get caught! :thumb:

Good stories by all. Kids always will be kids. Back in the 70's. Our oldest son prepared to go to school, and it was SHOW and TELL.

He decided to use his metal Lunch Box, dipped in the aquarium in our dining room, to catch a few guppies, and angel fish. Pulled the box out of the water, and left a trail of water...all the way to the front door until the little Fish were all Flopping around in the empty box.
Great memories.

Best advice. HUG YOUR CHILDREN...OFTEN. They grow up too Damned Fast.

Nukeman
03-09-2013, 10:07 AM
I got a good one regarding schools and injuries.

My youngest was in 3rd at the time and I get a call from the school. They were playing in gym class with hula hoops, he stepped on it somehow and made it roll up and hit him in the face. My wife gets a call saying he has a "bruise" by his eye, but he's fine nothing to worry about.

I get a call a few hours later from my wife after he gets off the bus. Both eyes are black and blue. I was never so glad in my life that this happened at school. I can just picture myself with protective services trying to explain that yes sir, it was a hula hoop that did it. :laugh:

Robert A Whit
03-09-2013, 05:20 PM
In one of my Gym classes, there was one boy who was a tad picked on. Another male student loved to crack wise at him.

Standing in front of his gym locker, wise guy spots victim sniffing his jock strap.

Quick as a flash, wise guy asks him, it it ripe yet?

We all busted a gut laughing.