PDA

View Full Version : Conflicted emotions

KitchenKitten99
03-08-2013, 04:02 PM
Last night just before bed, DH says that his ex-wife told him she has been diagnosed with breast cancer. She will be undergoing surgery to remove the lumps and undergo radiation or chemo to make sure they get it all.

Yes, this is not a good thing.

However I cannot help but also feel that she's getting her karma for how she treats people (namely my husband and me) and consistently rude/negative behavior.

At the same time, I also have a suspicion that this is a desperate attention-getting technique to find ways to interfere with our lives again. Meaning she either doesn't have cancer at all (God I hope she isn't lying about this, but I wouldn't put it past her) or it isn't as bad as she's saying it is just so she gets people fussing over her. I could totally see her doing it.

To understand why I think this way, you would have had to see and hear everything she has done in the last 4 years to make my husband's and my life miserable. Constantly interrupting our very rare date nights for stupid insignificant reasons (knowing full well we are out alone together), she tried to ruin our wedding, constantly tells my husband he's a bad father and calls him all sorts of names, whines about money, etc. She comes up with stupid reasons to 'insert' herself into my and DH's very limited alone-time. Such as calling him to help with the kids at the last minute just before we are set to do something together. He no longer acquiesces to her demands, but that doesn't stop her from trying. I could write a small book with all the BS she has pulled.

She also spreads lies about me to my in-laws and because they believe she's the 'golden one', they believe her. This causes problems between them and DH. She lies about me to the kids, so my relationship with them is strained.

What I am trying to say is I am conflicted as to how to feel or approach this.

Sympathetic? I do partly but I feel more for their kids because if this is for real, and treatment doesn't go well, they face losing their mother, which would be very hard on them. I know how they would feel.

Unsympathetic? Yes, somewhat, because of the kind of person she is. Self-centered, single-minded, and will do anything to get her way. She is very controlling and manipulative. Essentially I have this "Karma's a bitch" feeling about it.

I am not heartless, just hardened on feelings towards her. My soft-hearted side wants to sympathize. Cancer sucks and going through treatment is hard. I have seen it firsthand. I held my grandmother's hand as she passed away after a 2.5 year battle with leukemia. She was more like a mother to me, being she raised me from about 3 yrs old and up. My actual mother wasn't around much.

I don't want to be a heartless bitch but at the same time, after all I have had to endure from this woman makes me feel little sympathy for her. And regardless of this being true or not, I know she's going to milk the sympathy act.

Thoughts...

Robert A Whit
03-08-2013, 04:08 PM
Last night just before bed, DH says that his ex-wife told him she has been diagnosed with breast cancer. She will be undergoing surgery to remove the lumps and undergo radiation or chemo to make sure they get it all.

However I cannot help but also feel that she's getting her karma for how she treats people (namely my husband and me) and consistently rude/negative behavior.

At the same time, I also have a suspicion that this is a desperate attention-getting technique to find ways to interfere with our lives again. Meaning she either doesn't have cancer at all (God I hope she isn't lying about this, but I wouldn't put it past her) or it isn't as bad as she's saying it is just so she gets people fussing over her. I could totally see her doing it.

To understand why I think this way, you would have had to see and hear everything she has done in the last 4 years to make my husband's and my life miserable. Constantly interrupting our very rare date nights for stupid insignificant reasons (knowing full well we are out alone together), she tried to ruin our wedding, constantly tells my husband he's a bad father and calls him all sorts of names, whines about money, etc. She comes up with stupid reasons to 'insert' herself into my and DH's very limited alone-time. Such as calling him to help with the kids at the last minute just before we are set to do something together. He no longer acquiesces to her demands, but that doesn't stop her from trying. I could write a small book with all the BS she has pulled.

She also spreads lies about me to my in-laws and because they believe she's the 'golden one', they believe her. This causes problems between them and DH. She lies about me to the kids, so my relationship with them is strained.

Sympathetic? I do partly but I feel more for their kids because if this is for real, and treatment doesn't go well, they face losing their mother, which would be very hard on them. I know how they would feel.

Unsympathetic? Yes, somewhat, because of the kind of person she is. Self-centered, single-minded, and will do anything to get her way. She is very controlling and manipulative. Essentially I have this "Karma's a bitch" feeling about it.

I am not heartless, just hardened on feelings towards her. My soft-hearted side wants to sympathize. Cancer sucks and going through treatment is hard. I have seen it firsthand. I held my grandmother's hand as she passed away after a 2.5 year battle with leukemia. She was more like a mother to me, being she raised me from about 3 yrs old and up. My actual mother wasn't around much.

I don't want to be a heartless bitch but at the same time, after all I have had to endure from this woman makes me feel little sympathy for her. And regardless of this being true or not, I know she's going to milk the sympathy act.

Thoughts...

Was he still married to her when you started dating him?

Syrenn
03-08-2013, 04:09 PM
why must you "feel" anything. You hate her from what i am reading. If anything feel sympathy for your husband and the children.

Something to consider..... they are divorced...and he is no longer HER support system.

Robert A Whit
03-08-2013, 04:13 PM
why must you "feel" anything. You hate her from what i am reading. If anything feel sympathy for your husband and the children.

Something to consider..... they are divorced...and he is no longer HER support system.

He is one support system for the kids and I think this guy ought to handle that part and disengage from being the former wife support system as you say.

If he started dating the present wife while still married, this might by why he does stuff for the former wife.

jimnyc
03-08-2013, 04:14 PM
She won't be able to hide the effects of the treatment if she gets it, and certainly wouldn't be immune. If she does in fact start getting treatment, a little polite support here and there might be nice, but not mandatory. After all, this is YOUR husband now and your life. But if she has no one else around, then a little attention may be nice. Outside of that, she needs to understand that you are married and have a life of your own to tend to, however mean that may sound. Just be on the lookout of someone looking to play off of the sympathy of others. I've seen it happen a few times. Some don't know when to fully let go.

KitchenKitten99
03-08-2013, 04:19 PM
Was he still married to her when you started dating him?

No. Not at all. Granted it wasn't long after their divorce was final that he and I met, but we weren't an exclusive couple until 4 months later.

He was actually suicidal because of how she was still manipulating him--he was thoroughly convinced he was an awful father and a bad person for moving in with me. I left school (culinary school) early one day to walk in on him almost ready to kill himself. Their kids wouldn't have a father if it wasn't for my gut feeling something was wrong and heading home. He thanks me every day for my saving him and helping him see he was not what she said he was. He endured that kind of BS for almost 15 years...

Robert A Whit
03-08-2013, 04:27 PM
I asked if he was still married ......

No. Not at all. Granted it wasn't long after their divorce was final that he and I met, but we weren't an exclusive couple until 4 months later.

He was actually suicidal because of how she was still manipulating him--he was thoroughly convinced he was an awful father and a bad person for moving in with me. I left school (culinary school) early one day to walk in on him almost ready to kill himself. Their kids wouldn't have a father if it wasn't for my gut feeling something was wrong and heading home. He thanks me every day for my saving him and helping him see he was not what she said he was. He endured that kind of BS for almost 15 years...

A former wife can be a royal pain as can a former husband. He may be having more problems if the former wife coaches the kids to say things to him that makes him feel guilty.

My last wife wanted the divorce and I was her third husband. She always let the other two guys have plenty of time with their kids.

She caused me problems. I paid child support on time. The other two guys did not. I caught hell.

Well, husband 1 got put in jail due to what she did to him and husband 2 was accused of molesting his kid and the kid of the first guy.

(by the way, husband 1 deserved some jail but after talking a lot to number 2, he did not ever molest those two girls.)

Maybe I was lucky.

Oh well, she died in Hawaii and it is generally believed she committed suicide by leaping into the ocean while drunk.

Abbey Marie
03-08-2013, 04:42 PM
She needs a support system instead of your husband. But that said, if I were you I would take the high road. Act like you believe her (even if you don't). Much better that way if it turns out she does have cancer. And show a bit of sympathy. She is obviously suffering from some rather nasty problems of the heart, if nothing else. Your husband, children, and everyone else will be impressed with your graciousness, and it costs you very little to do.

KitchenKitten99
03-08-2013, 04:53 PM

I don't hate her, despite what it sounds like. I don't have it in me to actually "hate" anyone. I dislike and despise her, but I don't hate her.

The thing is, she doesn't know or understand boundaries.

She also IS married again. Here's the kicker... they don't live together. She dated this guy for about a year or so. Then Christmas 2011, she gave him the ultimatum: marry me or we break up. This guy is a huge sucker. He is a nice guy, but too nice. NO backbone. He has 3 kids from his previous marriage. She pushed him for an April 2012 wedding, less than 4 months post-engagement. A HUGE extravaganza that she invited DH's brother and parents to (which they attended). She moves with the kids to his house, which is 45 miles across town, 6 weeks before the kids were done with school here. She's a teacher in the Minneapolis school system, so it isn't as if she couldn't wait either. So the kids were uprooted from the only place they knew to a completely strange and unfamiliar area. They are 7, 13, and 15.

Apparently she didn't spend much time with his kids and had never met his ex-wife. His kids were so disrespectful and he refused to discipline them, as well as his ex-wife apparently tried to run their lives (gee, I wonder what that feels like...) so by July she was already making plans to move out again. She had a deposit on a place and had the kids pack up their rooms, had a moving van ready to go... her husband somehow convinced her to stay. But that didn't last long. At the end of August she decided to just move out and move the kids back up to this area. She's still married, and from what the kids say, she only really has anything to do with her husband when it is a gift-giving (or in her case, gift receiving) occasion. He still lives 45 miles away.

Syrenn
03-08-2013, 05:11 PM
I don't hate her, despite what it sounds like. I don't have it in me to actually "hate" anyone. I dislike and despise her, but I don't hate her.

The thing is, she doesn't know or understand boundaries.

She also IS married again. Here's the kicker... they don't live together. She dated this guy for about a year or so. Then Christmas 2011, she gave him the ultimatum: marry me or we break up. This guy is a huge sucker. He is a nice guy, but too nice. NO backbone. He has 3 kids from his previous marriage. She pushed him for an April 2012 wedding, less than 4 months post-engagement. A HUGE extravaganza that she invited DH's brother and parents to (which they attended). She moves with the kids to his house, which is 45 miles across town, 6 weeks before the kids were done with school here. She's a teacher in the Minneapolis school system, so it isn't as if she couldn't wait either. So the kids were uprooted from the only place they knew to a completely strange and unfamiliar area. They are 7, 13, and 15.

Apparently she didn't spend much time with his kids and had never met his ex-wife. His kids were so disrespectful and he refused to discipline them, as well as his ex-wife apparently tried to run their lives (gee, I wonder what that feels like...) so by July she was already making plans to move out again. She had a deposit on a place and had the kids pack up their rooms, had a moving van ready to go... her husband somehow convinced her to stay. But that didn't last long. At the end of August she decided to just move out and move the kids back up to this area. She's still married, and from what the kids say, she only really has anything to do with her husband when it is a gift-giving (or in her case, gift receiving) occasion. He still lives 45 miles away.

alright....

Even better. Her husband is HER support system..... not yours. I suggest being polite and civil in a general way. Breast cancer or not, i suggest neither of you get involved.

How old are your step children if i may ask?

KitchenKitten99
03-08-2013, 05:19 PM
She needs a support system instead of your husband. But that said, if I were you I would take the high road. Act like you believe her (even if you don't). Much better that way if it turns out she does have cancer. And show a bit of sympathy. She is obviously suffering from some rather nasty problems of the heart, if nothing else. Your husband, children, and everyone else will be impressed with your graciousness, and it costs you very little to do.

I don't plan on showing any real emotion on this if I do actually see her in person. I try to just avoid all contact with her completely and let DH deal with her. Mostly because she gets offended at anything I might say, and then gets offended if I don't say anything. I can't win.

My issue is that this could and likely will ramp up her efforts to try to hurt us and break us up, using all sorts of 'medical related' excuses. She hasn't stopped her attempts, though her efforts are a little less frequent. DH won't let her break us apart, but the constant BS attempts continue, regardless what he does to get her to stop. It is beyond getting old...

Syrenn
03-08-2013, 05:29 PM
I don't plan on showing any real emotion on this if I do actually see her in person. I try to just avoid all contact with her completely and let DH deal with her. Mostly because she gets offended at anything I might say, and then gets offended if I don't say anything. I can't win.

My issue is that this could and likely will ramp up her efforts to try to hurt us and break us up, using all sorts of 'medical related' excuses. She hasn't stopped her attempts, though her efforts are a little less frequent. DH won't let her break us apart, but the constant BS attempts continue, regardless what he does to get her to stop. It is beyond getting old...

what medical related excuses could she use?

again.. she is not married to your husband....and therefore he is NOT part of her support system.

sympathize and say your really sorry she has to deal with breast cancer.... the point is SHE has to deal with the cancer... your and your husband dont.

question.... did she divorce him...or did he divorce her?

KitchenKitten99
03-08-2013, 05:52 PM
alright....

Even better. Her husband is HER support system..... not yours. I suggest being polite and civil in a general way. Breast cancer or not, i suggest neither of you get involved.

How old are your step children if i may ask?

they are 8, 13, and 16.

While you suggest we not get involved, I know that what she will start doing is using her medical condition to try to monopolize any real free time DH has, especially any that we have together, which is very little. He works as a consultant for corporate companies (usually Fortune 100, 300, and 500) thus he has high-stress there. That money pays our household bills. Then we have our retail shop, which I run much of the time. We can't afford employees right now. We have people who help us out by volunteering but they have full time jobs and other lives so we have to be careful to not to over-work them.

Between the shop, his consulting business, and our kids, all of whom are in sports of some kind (that's going to be pared down though, and they won't be in sports year round anymore), our time for just US is relegated to Sunday nights, after 6pm, when the shop closes.

As far as her husband being her support system, there is not a whole lot he can do when he lives and works 45 miles away, and has 50% custody of his kids (they live with him half the time) and they aren't old enough to take care of themselves. Which leads me to believe she will now attempt to emotionally manipulate him into doing what her husband should be. My husband is a VERY soft-hearted person, and she knows how to pull those heart-strings to get what she wants. He's gotten better at not letting her, but I can see her using this against him to guilt him into things.

KitchenKitten99
03-08-2013, 06:03 PM
what medical related excuses could she use?

again.. she is not married to your husband....and therefore he is NOT part of her support system.

sympathize and say your really sorry she has to deal with breast cancer.... the point is SHE has to deal with the cancer... your and your husband dont.

question.... did she divorce him...or did he divorce her?

When it comes to things regarding the kids and their sports schedules... she will use whatever she can to get out of making an effort and get him to change his plans because she 'suddenly' has something come up. She already does this, just not as frequent as before. They are supposed to split duties 50/50, but she finds ways to try to get out of doing her part.

That's the thing... she doesn't respect boundaries, thus whether we are or we want to be her support system or not, she still thinks of him as under her control to do as she requests. She hates that he has found his spine and tells her no more often than ever.

She may be the one dealing with it, but because his kids are involved, we will be as well to some degree.

And she requested the divorce, and moved out of their home. As well as saddled him with $80,000 in credit card debt and personal loans in the divorce. Piece of work, huh?

Syrenn
03-08-2013, 06:10 PM
they are 8, 13, and 16.

While you suggest we not get involved, I know that what she will start doing is using her medical condition to try to monopolize any real free time DH has, especially any that we have together, which is very little. He works as a consultant for corporate companies (usually Fortune 100, 300, and 500) thus he has high-stress there. That money pays our household bills. Then we have our retail shop, which I run much of the time. We can't afford employees right now. We have people who help us out by volunteering but they have full time jobs and other lives so we have to be careful to not to over-work them.

Between the shop, his consulting business, and our kids, all of whom are in sports of some kind (that's going to be pared down though, and they won't be in sports year round anymore), our time for just US is relegated to Sunday nights, after 6pm, when the shop closes.

As far as her husband being her support system, there is not a whole lot he can do when he lives and works 45 miles away, and has 50% custody of his kids (they live with him half the time) and they aren't old enough to take care of themselves. Which leads me to believe she will now attempt to emotionally manipulate him into doing what her husband should be. My husband is a VERY soft-hearted person, and she knows how to pull those heart-strings to get what she wants. He's gotten better at not letting her, but I can see her using this against him to guilt him into things.

i suggest you and your husband sit down and have a talk about his now....before it gets any worse.

You are obviously having issues with this problem now, so before it gets any deeper, before any pain, confusion and hurt feelings happen.....talk over all over your fears and concerns. Come up with a plan on how to deal with the ex situation and stick to it.

Support the children.... not her.

Syrenn
03-08-2013, 06:17 PM
When it comes to things regarding the kids and their sports schedules... she will use whatever she can to get out of making an effort and get him to change his plans because she 'suddenly' has something come up. She already does this, just not as frequent as before. They are supposed to split duties 50/50, but she finds ways to try to get out of doing her part.

That's the thing... she doesn't respect boundaries, thus whether we are or we want to be her support system or not, she still thinks of him as under her control to do as she requests. She hates that he has found his spine and tells her no more often than ever.

She may be the one dealing with it, but because his kids are involved, we will be as well to some degree.

And she requested the divorce, and moved out of their home. As well as saddled him with $80,000 in credit card debt and personal loans in the divorce. Piece of work, huh?

Fuck her.... sorry you dont get to trash someone like that...and then expect them to support you when you want/need it.

Go hard line... if she misses her days to do sports for what ever reason... then the kids miss out on sports.... tough on the kids... but is her deal. And make sure they know she skipped out on them.

Robert A Whit
03-08-2013, 07:01 PM
Ladies

I had plenty of problems with my ex-wife over our daughter. I endured. I wanted to take my daughter with me on my trips around America. My former wife always had her booked for the summer with some shit or the other.

She had married me as her 3rd husband.
Husband 1 could have his kids anytime he wanted when the kids were free of school. That SOB at times told her to punk off when she wanted child support. When she married me, I told her he must pay since he had the duty to his children. He lived high on the hog so clearly he could afford child support. So, when he was behind by close to $30,000 she still let the kids go with him to many places. Mexico for a month for instance.

She accused hubby 2 of molesting two girls, one his and one from husband 1. I don't think he actually did this. I have talked to him even up to this year and he and I both know how she could tell lies. She told me horrible things about hubby 1 and 2.

And she went to church every day she had to go. She went 2 or 3 times per week. I asked her once or twice why she would be loyal to a church then go about life telling lies. She did not want to admit she lies. Her own kids was talking to me in Hawaii and they lamented she was a huge liar. I was kind of in shock but the boys all were in their 30s and not mouthing off about her. They knew her.

But I could not take my kid on vacation to save my life. I made a mistake thinking she would do for me and my daughter what she had done for the other daughters and let her go on vacation like she had the others. She as I said acted like the first two husbands were bastards to her.

I never was. I simply could not go to her church and she got tons of pressure from her church about that. Both the other husbands were loyal to her church. They both were and are members to this day.

I got to take my daughter out camping a few times. But each time, the ex wanted one of the other boys from husband 2 to go along. I did not mind since i liked all of her kids and they liked me and I like to read so it was good that one of her brothers could go along and they could hike too. I bought radios for them so they could stay in contact me hiking about.

I also spent a lot of money on my daughter over the amount of the court ordered so she could always have what she needed. As she got older, I paid for her car to drive to school. She always got clothes paid for by me when she would come stay for a couple of days.

I have no way to correct that woman you guys are discussing when I could not correct my own ex- wife.

My hint is to check your phone directory at home to see if you know anybody who knows the situation who can help. A friend for instance or some person who does this at church.

OK, my rant. Ladies, please continue solving the problems of that ex-wife even though I feel the ex will not cooperate at all. The problem is HER.

aboutime
03-08-2013, 07:29 PM

Thoughts...

Kitty. There is no reason for you to feel conflicted in this matter. None at all.
Were you responsible for the breast cancer?
Did you have anything to do with this woman becoming a victim of cancer?
You are not responsible for her health.
Sure you can sympathize. That is a human trait, and not unexpected, or strange.
But there is an expression many of us have heard that now applies.
And, since you have doubts about how you should feel for this woman.
Remember this..."What goes around, comes around."
I am a cancer survivor now, almost Seven years in June.
At no time, other than good friends, and family. Did anyone ever tell me
They felt responsible for my suffering, the cancer, or the treatments.
If this woman wants sympathy.
You have no need to give her any more than what others might.
Having Cancer, from a woman's point of view...I suspect....is all she needs to be reminded.....
She has a choice if she survives. Change her ways, or just GO AWAY.

KitchenKitten99
03-13-2013, 04:57 PM
Kitty. There is no reason for you to feel conflicted in this matter. None at all.
Were you responsible for the breast cancer?
Did you have anything to do with this woman becoming a victim of cancer?
You are not responsible for her health.
Sure you can sympathize. That is a human trait, and not unexpected, or strange.
But there is an expression many of us have heard that now applies.
And, since you have doubts about how you should feel for this woman.
Remember this..."What goes around, comes around."
I am a cancer survivor now, almost Seven years in June.
At no time, other than good friends, and family. Did anyone ever tell me
They felt responsible for my suffering, the cancer, or the treatments.
If this woman wants sympathy.
You have no need to give her any more than what others might.
Having Cancer, from a woman's point of view...I suspect....is all she needs to be reminded.....
She has a choice if she survives. Change her ways, or just GO AWAY.

I guess I am not really concerned with 'feeling responsible'.

What I believe my point of concern is, are my feelings of hard-heartedness and not wanting to give her an INCH of sympathy because I believe Karma has bit her in the arse on this, justified or am I not being fair in that?

Does that make sense?

Kathianne
03-13-2013, 05:29 PM
Ya know and I do to. Turn to what God said. Simple enough. No?

Well except those that want to slam Catholics, as if they weren't at one point, though in my book, unforgivable.

They hate, They can pray all the wish, truth is they hate. God, at least the forgiving God of my life, will not forgive unless they change their hearts

Robert A Whit
03-13-2013, 07:01 PM
Ya know and I do to. Turn to what God said. Simple enough. No?

Well except those that want to slam Catholics, as if they weren't at one point, though in my book, unforgivable.

They hate, They can pray all the wish, truth is they hate. God, at least the forgiving God of my life, will not forgive unless they change their hearts

How many Gods do you think there are?

tailfins
03-13-2013, 09:21 PM
Remember KISS = Keep it simple, stupid. Do whatever simplifies your life the most. Revenge and proving a point expends energy. Being too giving represents a cost as well. Pursue lowest cost, both financially and psychologically.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-13-2013, 10:11 PM
I guess I am not really concerned with 'feeling responsible'.

What I believe my point of concern is, are my feelings of hard-heartedness and not wanting to give her an INCH of sympathy because I believe Karma has bit her in the arse on this, justified or am I not being fair in that?

Does that make sense?

ok, read the posts and replies. I will add this.

When one has a sworn enemy its best to sleep with one eye always opened. To prepare for a surprise attack. And to know that often a great offense is the best DEFENSE!
I advise to keep your emotion in check and not allow any sympathy to cloud your judgement. You and your family deserve first considerations always.
Best of luck, it is a tricky deal and caution and prudent actions are a must....
I went thru an ordeal during my divorce back in 2004 that called for a cool head and well thought out actions. I came out of it with flying colors because of a well prepared plan....-Tyr

03-13-2013, 11:49 PM
You feel conflicted, look to the Lord. Give Him your emotions. Explain to Him the sitution, He knows it, but explain it anyway.

He will give you peace and youll know what you need to do.

KitchenKitten99
03-14-2013, 05:06 PM
He will give you peace and youll know what you need to do.

It isn't about 'doing' something. It is about where I should settle in terms of handling everything. Part of me feels no sympathy, yet the other part feels like a total heel/bitch/cold-hearted because if this is for real, and is not treated effectively the kids lose their mother, which honestly I don't wish upon them for the fact I know how it feels. Thus, should i handle any potential issues as if she had no cancer (part of me thinks she might be faking it or wayyy over-exaggerating for attention, I wouldn't put it past her to do this...read: drama queen), or handle it a little 'kinder' and give her the benefit of the doubt, along with toeing more line? Part of me is nagging at not playing into it at all and she is getting her just desserts, the other part says 'have a heart' and just suck it up.

This is something that I need humans to give me a perspective on. I get no real guidance asking Him for help because I cannot tell if He is speaking or that other little voice is.

tailfins
03-14-2013, 05:16 PM
It isn't about 'doing' something. It is about where I should settle in terms of handling everything. Part of me feels no sympathy, yet the other part feels like a total heel/bitch/cold-hearted because if this is for real, and is not treated effectively the kids lose their mother, which honestly I don't wish upon them for the fact I know how it feels. Thus, should i handle any potential issues as if she had no cancer (part of me thinks she might be faking it or wayyy over-exaggerating for attention, I wouldn't put it past her to do this...read: drama queen), or handle it a little 'kinder' and give her the benefit of the doubt, along with toeing more line? Part of me is nagging at not playing into it at all and she is getting her just desserts, the other part says 'have a heart' and just suck it up.

This is something that I need humans to give me a perspective on. I get no real guidance asking Him for help because I cannot tell if He is speaking or that other little voice is.

What if you do low-effort things that create the perception of sympathy without really having sympathy?

Robert A Whit
03-14-2013, 05:22 PM

There are at least 3 parties impacted. I presume she is not impacted.

You .... you are advised to at least give her the credit for really being ill. You can;t lose by this act.
Husband ... He will do as he will.
Kids ... Kids are smart. If she lives, they will realize she fooled them. If she dies, she will be remembered.

We all must run our own lives and let others live theirs.

03-14-2013, 06:56 PM

It is tough to hear and feel the Spirit of the Lord. His is a Still Small, voice. But keep seeking it. It will come. Those who seek will find. The Lord has promised that "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God who gives to all men liberally and upbraideth not and it shall be given unto him. But ask in faith nothing waivering." (James 1:5-6)

We all can recieve answers and wisdom to help us in our lives. Trust in Him and be patient. Sometimes it takes time (and yes i know that sucks)

Robert A Whit
03-14-2013, 07:01 PM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by KitchenKitten99 http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=624226#post624226)

Avatar says: It is tough to hear and feel the Spirit of the Lord. His is a Still Small, voice. But keep seeking it. It will come. Those who seek will find. The Lord has promised that "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God who gives to all men liberally and upbraideth not and it shall be given unto him. But ask in faith nothing waivering." (James 1:5-6)

We all can recieve answers and wisdom to help us in our lives. Trust in Him and be patient. Sometimes it takes time (and yes i know that sucks)

I pray this helps her. She ought to give it a try and to not expect an instant reply.

03-15-2013, 10:24 AM
I pray this helps her. She ought to give it a try and to not expect an instant reply.

She will do what she needs to do. I know that from experience.

You should be more worried about doing what you need to do. I am more worried about that.

Robert A Whit
03-15-2013, 12:43 PM
She will do what she needs to do. I know that from experience.

You should be more worried about doing what you need to do. I am more worried about that.

If she will, so will I.