PDA

View Full Version : Prime Witness In Trayvon Martin Case Lied

Kathianne
03-11-2013, 03:29 PM
http://pjmedia.com/blog/witness-in-trayvon-martin-case-lied-will-it-even-go-to-trial/

Witness in Trayvon Martin Case Lied. Will It Even Go To Trial?
Posted By Bob Owens On March 11, 2013

The key prosecution witness in the second-degree murder trial of George Zimmerman has allegedly been caught in a significant lie (http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-zimmerman-witness-8-medical-records-20130305,0,129597.story) [1]:

Trayvon Martin’s girlfriend, the state’s most important witness in the George Zimmerman murder case, was caught in a lie, it was revealed Tuesday.

It was not the first piece of misinformation tied to her, but it was the most damaging to date and left prosecutors in a very awkward position.

They had to publicly acknowledge that their star witness had lied under oath and had to answer questions about what they intend to do about it.

Reporters asked: Will you charge the 19-year-old Miami woman with perjury?

The state’s lead prosecutor, Bernie de la Rionda, gave an ambiguous answer: “You can all read the law and make your own decision.”

The 19-year-old woman — who had originally claimed to be just sixteen at the time of the shooting, when she was in fact two years older — was caught in a second lie. She had told prosecutors that she was in the hospital during Trayvon Martin’s funeral, a claim that investigators for the defense now claim is false.

The unidentified woman, also identified in court documents as “Witness 8,” was the state’s best “earwitness,” having been on the phone with Trayvon Martin during the incident up until the point she claimed Martin initiated a confrontation with George Zimmerman. Shortly afterward, the phone went dead.

The physical evidence recovered in the case largely supports — and at least as importantly, does not conflict with — George Zimmerman’s claim that Martin attacked him, knocked him down with a punch, and then beat his head against a concrete sidewalk. Zimmerman claims that he feared for his life at this point, drew his 9mm pistol, and fired the single shot that struck Trayvon Martin in the chest, killing him.

jimnyc
03-11-2013, 03:48 PM
This would be very damaging to the prosecutions case if she is not believable by the jurors. Zimmerman has the facts and evidence on his side, and the law. I can't see him losing this case. I suppose it's still possible for facts that haven't been leaked out yet though. Based on what is in the public view, the prosecutor has an uphill climb.

Voted4Reagan
03-11-2013, 03:52 PM
Charges should be dropped

Zimmerman was railroaded from day one by media frenzy and the perjury of this woman.

No win situation for the prosecution...

Abbey Marie
03-11-2013, 03:53 PM
Reporters asked: Will you charge the 19-year-old Miami woman with perjury?

The state’s lead prosecutor, Bernie de la Rionda, gave an ambiguous answer: “You can all read the law and make your own decision.”

:lame2:

As for the witness, the lie doesn't appear to involve what she witnessed, so only goes to credibility. While that is not great for the prosecution, when I read it was a "significant lie", I expected it to be more about what she actually saw happen, or in this case, heard.

Also from the article:
Harvard law professor Alan Dershowitz have claimed from the beginning that there was no evidence to support a second-degree murder charge in the case, and have even gone so far as to claim that the prosecution of Zimmerman was entirely political. [emphasis added]

Kathianne
03-11-2013, 03:57 PM
:lame2:

As for the witness, the lie doesn't appear to involve what she witnessed, so only goes to credibility. While that is not great for the prosecution, when I read it was a "significant lie", I expected it to be more about what she actually saw happen.

That would be 'heard' happen. We'll see, I'm really wondering about this case and at first it just seemed so 'easy.' Talk about manipulation of the news.

Abbey Marie
03-11-2013, 04:00 PM
That would be 'heard' happen. We'll see, I'm really wondering about this case and at first it just seemed so 'easy.' Talk about manipulation of the news.

Yeah, I had already added that. :cool:

aboutime
03-11-2013, 07:10 PM
No matter how this case plays itself out over then next months. I foresee another RODNEY KING kind of reaction from the people who reacted as they did for Rodney back in the 90's.

We all know. Like our President who uses Rahm Emanuels warning "NEVER LET A GOOD CRISIS GO TO WASTE", so to are the people not likely to let the reactions to whatever decision is handed down by a jury.

Personally. I believe they should move this case Up to Chicago as a change of venue that will be fitting with last year's MURDER RATES of 500. Keeping Rahm happy, and available for excuses.