PDA

View Full Version : Another amazing video of fabulous church in Barcelona Spain

Robert A Whit
03-13-2013, 03:52 PM
I expect this to be one of the wonders of the world if not already.

http://youtu.be/L3IU5Zsga6g

PostmodernProphet
03-14-2013, 08:18 AM
I have to admit, these have made me sad.....all that effort and money into erecting a building instead of helping the poor......it's actually an abomination......

Robert A Whit
03-14-2013, 01:26 PM
I have to admit, these have made me sad.....all that effort and money into erecting a building instead of helping the poor......it's actually an abomination......

It is all built today by donations. I can't say those donating are not helping the poor.

The history of that church, as well as the previous Pope is the only Pope to have been there, is quite interesting.

And the wonder is, it is still a long ways from being finished. A huge tower is still under construction.

PostmodernProphet
03-15-2013, 08:29 AM
It is all built today by donations. I can't say those donating are not helping the poor.

??.....it isn't an issue of "do the people who donate to this ALSO help the poor"......it's an issue of whether money should be used to build an extremely gaudy building INSTEAD of being used to help the poor.......I expect the same money could have erected a simple cinderblock dormitory to shelter homeless people in every town in Spain (if not Europe)..........

Robert A Whit
03-15-2013, 12:28 PM
??.....it isn't an issue of "do the people who donate to this ALSO help the poor"......it's an issue of whether money should be used to build an extremely gaudy building INSTEAD of being used to help the poor.......I expect the same money could have erected a simple cinderblock dormitory to shelter homeless people in every town in Spain (if not Europe)..........

I merely commented that I do NOT KNOW and if this really is that important to you, perhaps you can write to the donors to tell them how you feel.

Were things to follow your apparently suggested ideas, one could also never have built any monument, any church or any construction of many forms to do your bidding.

When people volunteer to fund said Church in Spain, who am I to comment on what is their right and privilege to do. Maybe to them it is very important to take part in this church, even if only by money.

Trigg
03-15-2013, 02:52 PM
Amazing building.

Articles on the church show that funding is through tourism.

Robert A Whit
03-15-2013, 03:12 PM
Amazing building.

Articles on the church show that funding is through tourism.

An admission or sales of artifacts?

The program on TV that alerted me to this church failed to mention that tourism accounts for funding.

Both the close ups and long distance video in my opinion put on display some astounding forms of art all found in the building.

PostmodernProphet
03-15-2013, 06:37 PM
perhaps you can write to the donors to tell them how you feel.

I don't have their address.....but maybe some of them will chance by here and read it.....