PDA

View Full Version : Careful what you wish for regarding the Pope, Gabby

tailfins
03-14-2013, 09:12 AM
This is even from a "news" source you trust!

It appears Francis I is a tested, seasoned opponent of liberation theology. It doesn't get any better than this, and I'm NOT even Catholic.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/foreigners/2013/03/pope_francis_to_lead_the_catholic_church_cardinal_ bergoglio_s_election_as.html

He worked to prevent priests from abandoning their parishes and the sacraments entirely for revolutionary political activism in Argentina, when liberation theology was ascendant.

Voted4Reagan
03-14-2013, 11:14 AM
This is even from a "news" source you trust!

It appears Francis I is a tested, seasoned opponent of liberation theology. It doesn't get any better than this, and I'm NOT even Catholic.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/foreigners/2013/03/pope_francis_to_lead_the_catholic_church_cardinal_ bergoglio_s_election_as.html

I wouldn't trust SLATE with any type of news.

They are owned by the Washington Post and are totally Liberally biased.

Know your sources...

tailfins
03-14-2013, 11:23 AM
I wouldn't trust SLATE with any type of news.

They are owned by the Washington Post and are totally Liberally biased.

Know your sources...

That's my point: If they don't like him, he can't be all bad.

jimnyc
03-14-2013, 11:30 AM
I suppose all that matters to many liberals - he's strongly against abortion and gay marriage.

aboutime
03-14-2013, 05:53 PM
Lately. I find most liberals who follow the obama trends, and sheeplike followings....rarely like anyone unless the person swears an oath to all that Obama says, and promises to give their next born to the NEXT TRILLION dollars in borrowed Chinese, play money.

Robert A Whit
03-14-2013, 05:57 PM
lately. I find most liberals who follow the obama trends, and sheeplike followings....rarely like anyone unless the person swears an oath to all that obama says, and promises to give their next born to the next trillion dollars in borrowed chinese, play money.

what????

fj1200
03-15-2013, 04:44 AM
^Sometimes it's best just not to ask.