PDA

View Full Version : Manhattan mother jumps eight stories to her death with her infant son strapped to her

jimnyc
03-14-2013, 11:29 AM
But thankfully, karma stepped in, the baby survived and the idiot landed flat on her back. Still a very sad story though. Not sure why she would think her baby would be better off dead without her.

A Manhattan lawyer strapped her 10-month-old son to her chest and leaped to her death from an eighth-story window in Harlem on Wednesday — and the baby miraculously survived with little more than scratches, police sources said.

Cynthia Wachenheim, 44, who left a suicide note castigating herself for being a bad mother, landed on her back after taking the fatal plunge. Baby Keston was in a harness. He bounced off his mom on impact and then rolled away from her motionless arms.

“I heard a small scream when she was in the air,” said witness Steven Dominguez, 18. “I noticed something falling, but I didn’t want to believe it was a person.”

Dominguez, who teared up as he spoke, said the landing made a horrifying sound.

“It was a loud bang,” he said outside the woman’s building on Bradhurst Ave. near W. 147th St. “It sounded like a big piece of wood hitting the floor.”

“When I got closer, I saw the baby crying,” he said.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/mother-infant-dead-8-story-fall-article-1.1287649

Kathianne
03-14-2013, 11:38 AM
That was just so sad.

jimnyc
03-14-2013, 11:41 AM
That was just so sad.

Always a shame when someone feels doing something like that is the only way out. And then more of a shame when they think they need to bring someone with them. I hope this child is well taken care of and doesn't remember any of this as life goes on.

Robert A Whit
03-14-2013, 12:47 PM
When that child grows up, the child will have a story to tell. One that some may not believe actually happened.

There are no good suicides in my view.

darin
03-14-2013, 01:49 PM
Nobody NEEDS a building with that many levels. We need to step in and outlaw these Assualt Buildings; limit buildings to no more than THREE Stories! If it saves only ONE life, it's worth it - right?

(sigh)

Society is fucked.

tailfins
03-14-2013, 01:55 PM
Nobody NEEDS a building with that many levels. We need to step in and outlaw these Assualt Buildings; limit buildings to no more than THREE Stories! If it saves only ONE life, it's worth it - right?

(sigh)

Society is .......

You got that right Captain Luddite.

Voted4Reagan
03-14-2013, 02:20 PM

(sigh)

Society is fucked.

Buildings that are too tall cause people to die when they jump off of them!

WE NEED BUILDING CONTROL NOW!!!!!!!

Maybe outlaw CITIES!!

Robert A Whit
03-14-2013, 02:50 PM
Buildings that are too tall cause people to die when they jump off of them!

WE NEED BUILDING CONTROL NOW!!!!!!!

Maybe outlaw CITIES!!

Let's not forget evil elevators too. They are the way to doom.

Marcus Aurelius
03-14-2013, 03:11 PM
When that child grows up, the child will have a story to tell. One that some may not believe actually happened.

There are no good suicides in my view.

Hitler committed suicide. You don't consider that good?

Robert A Whit
03-14-2013, 03:15 PM
Hitler committed suicide. You don't consider that good?

Having him on trial and publicly humiliated would have been better in my view.