PDA

View Full Version : Don't take pictures of Joe Biden!

jimnyc
03-14-2013, 11:32 AM
Or his staffers will intimidate and harass you into deleting them!

ROCKVILLE, Md. (CBSDC) – Vice President Joe Biden’s press office has apologized to the University of Maryland following “pure intimidation” demands for a student journalist to delete photos he took of a domestic violence event featuring Biden.

College Park Patch reports that a credentialed student from the Philip Merrill College of Journalism at the University of Maryland, Jeremy Barr, was snapping photos at the Rockville event when a Biden staffer began interrogating the student.

“Did you take any photos during the event,” Barr said he was asked by Biden staffer Dana Rosenzweig. “I need to see your camera right now,” she reportedly said after Barr confirmed he had taken photographs of the event that also featured Attorney General Eric Holder and Maryland Sen. Ben Cardin.

The Biden staffer then requested to watch Barr delete his photos, Barr complied, and then the staffer reportedly asked him to show her his iPhone to confirm he did not save any of the photos.

“I assumed that I’d violated a protocol,” Barr told College Park Patch. “I gave her the benefit of the doubt that she was following proper procedures.”

Biden’s Press Secretary declined to speak on the record about the event, and staffer Rosenzweig did not return calls for the Capital News Service – the student-run publication operated by the journalism school.

Biden’s apology came after a formal complaint was filed with his press office by the Phillip Merrill College of Journalism’s dean, Lucy A. Dalglish.

“This was pure intimidation,” Dalglish told College Park Patch, adding that, “It’s clear from the circumstance that the journalist did nothing wrong.” Dalglish said Barkoff apologized to her and student journalist Barr in separate phone conversations.

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013/03/13/biden-press-office-apologizes-for-demanding-student-journalist-delete-photographs/

NightTrain
03-14-2013, 12:30 PM
Joe is pretty sensitive to Journalists who won't follow the script after this event :

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fxxotkX9ZOo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The reporter bought a copy of Biden's book and got him to sign it in order to make Biden think he was the typical liberal reporter, then started hammering him with questions as cameras were rolling. Watch the brunette handler start getting panicky as Biden struggles to get something lucid out and she is desperate to get him away before he lets loose with yet another gaffe.

jimnyc
03-14-2013, 12:34 PM
"who are you with" is how she finally ends it. Does the answer to the questions change depending on "who the reporter is with"? He got put on the spot using scare tactics and walked away instead of answering, then leave assistants to block the bad guy from asking any more hard questions.

Marcus Aurelius
03-14-2013, 12:41 PM

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013/03/13/biden-press-office-apologizes-for-demanding-student-journalist-delete-photographs/

I'd have told her to either show me the rules that prohibit photography, or fuck off.

NightTrain
03-14-2013, 12:54 PM
I'd have told her to either show me the rules that prohibit photography, or fuck off.

I'll wager he will, next time someone tries to bully him.

Robert A Whit
03-14-2013, 12:57 PM

Ahhhhh indeed. The most transparent administration ever.:rolleyes: Holder should have informed the SS that what the person with said camera did was legal and told her to not delete photos or order them deleted at any rate.

aboutime
03-14-2013, 04:08 PM
Tribute to the Mouth that never fails to Chew on his own feet.

4688 4689 4690The man who loves Indians at All 7-11's.

glockmail
03-14-2013, 04:43 PM
Ha! Biden denied it, then stated explicitly that rape and murders will rise if Republicans oppose a bill. :lol: