PDA

View Full Version : Venezuela waited too long to embalm Chavez?

jimnyc
03-14-2013, 11:35 AM
I guess he may not be on display forever after all. Wouldn't want him to melt like the wicked witch!!

(Reuters) - Venezuela's government said on Wednesday it may not be possible to embalm the remains of late leader Hugo Chavez as planned because the process should have been started earlier.

Chavez died last week aged 58 after a two-year battle with cancer. His body has been on display in a glass-topped coffin at a grandiose military academy in the capital Caracas, where millions of people have filed past to pay homage.

The government had said it planned to embalm Chavez's remains "for eternity" in much the same way as was done with the remains of Soviet leaders Lenin and Stalin and communist Chinese leader Mao Zedong after they died.

"Russian and German scientists have arrived to embalm Chavez and they tell us it's very difficult because the process should have started earlier ... Maybe we can't do it," acting President Nicolas Maduro said in televised comments on Wednesday.

"We are in the middle of the process. It's complicated, it's my duty to inform you."

Government sources said they expected a formal announcement to be made later this week that, despite the efforts of the team involved, it had not been possible to embalm Chavez.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/03/13/us-venezuela-chavez-embalming-idUSBRE92C1GC20130313

fj1200
03-14-2013, 12:25 PM
Ten years too long.

Robert A Whit
03-14-2013, 01:05 PM
I would say a good time to have embalmed Chavez would have been sometime in the 1980s.

Voted4Reagan
03-14-2013, 02:26 PM
lol... I love it

Rotten to the bitter end... now too far gone to stop the Rot.

Just bury the turd and fill the hole with sewage to make it smell nicer.

tailfins
03-14-2013, 03:56 PM
Look what Presidential candidate Henrique Capriles says:

"Who knows when President Chávez (really) died," he asked. The government says Chávez succumbed to cancer on Tuesday after a nearly two-year battle. It has offered almost no clinical information.

Read more: http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/politics/2013/03/11/henrique-capriles-announces-presidential-bid-saying-government-is-exploiting/#ixzz2NY9ASMiA

aboutime
03-14-2013, 04:00 PM
lol... I love it

Rotten to the bitter end... now too far gone to stop the Rot.

Just bury the turd and fill the hole with sewage to make it smell nicer.

SULFUR in large amounts causes garbage to deteriorate much more quickly.

Funny how he always blamed Bush for the smell, when it was actually HIS BREATH blowing back into his face.