PDA

View Full Version : You Owe Taxes? So Do IRS Employees

red states rule
03-17-2013, 05:32 AM
Alot of Federal workers own a huge amount in back taxes - including workers in the West Wing

Instead of jacking up taxes why can't Dems simply collect the back taxes they own and CUT SPENDING

I wonder how many of these tax paying deadbeats are libs, support higher taxes on others, and voted for Obama?

If you owe back taxes, you might be mollified to know that 311,566 federal workers and retirees do too. Or maybe it will make you mad. The latest count showed they owed over $3.5 billion in taxes in 2011 (up from $3.4 billion in 2010 (http://taxprof.typepad.com/taxprof_blog/2012/01/over-279000-federal.html)).

Every year the unhappy tally goes up: $3.3 billion in 2009 (http://taxprof.typepad.com/taxprof_blog/2010/09/over-280000.html), $3.0 billion in 2008 (http://taxprof.typepad.com/taxprof_blog/2009/12/over-275000.html), and $2.7 billion in 2007. It can be a maddening number especially if you start looking department by department to see which agencies harbor the biggest tax debtors. In the past, the U.S. Office of Government Ethics was one of the worst.

This year, among large executive agencies, the Department of Housing and Urban Development had the highest percentage of delinquent workers at 4.4 percent. The Treasury Department, which includes the IRS, had the lowest, at 1.1 percent. Employees of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (http://topics.bloomberg.com/federal-reserve-system/) had a 5.6 percent delinquency rate.

Officials are quick to point out that federal employees are actually more compliant in paying taxes than the U.S. population (http://topics.bloomberg.com/u.s.-population/) as a whole. According to the IRS, 8.2 percent of the population was delinquent on their federal taxes at the end of 2011. That’s up from 7.8 percent the year before.

The delinquency rate at the Executive Office of the President was 2.1 percent. The rates for employees of the U.S. House of Representatives and the Senate were 3.7 percent and 3.3 percent, respectively. Overall, the 9.8 million workers included in the data had a delinquency rate of 3.2 percent.

That’s better than the general public. Still, some people find it especially galling when federal employees owe back taxes. In the past, Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah) and Sen. Tom Coburn (R-Okla.) have authored bills (http://voices.washingtonpost.com/federal-eye/2010/03/rep_chaffetz_proposes_firing_f.html) to force federal agencies, the U.S. Postal Service and congressional offices to fire employees (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/story/2011/02/17/ST2011021706424.html) who purposely avoid paying taxes.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/robertwood/2013/03/10/you-owe-taxes-so-do-irs-employees/

aboutime
03-17-2013, 09:45 PM
Alot of Federal workers own a huge amount in back taxes - including workers in the West Wing

Instead of jacking up taxes why can't Dems simply collect the back taxes they own and CUT SPENDING

I wonder how many of these tax paying deadbeats are libs, support higher taxes on others, and voted for Obama?

red states. Somehow. As I read your post above. One, very familiar name came to mind. Namely, Charlie Rangel. Congressman, and admitted FORGETFUL tax cheat who has been around the Capitol so long. Dirt from the Red Sea crossing of Moses is younger. And even Moses paid his taxes on time.

red states rule
03-18-2013, 03:47 AM
red states. Somehow. As I read your post above. One, very familiar name came to mind. Namely, Charlie Rangel. Congressman, and admitted FORGETFUL tax cheat who has been around the Capitol so long. Dirt from the Red Sea crossing of Moses is younger. And even Moses paid his taxes on time.

Don't forget John Kerry (who served in Viet Nam) Tim Geithner, and Claire McCaskill, And the very people who write the proposals to jack up our taxes are deadbeat tax payers
A new report just out from the Internal Revenue Service reveals that 36 of President Obama's executive office staff owe the country $833,970 in back taxes. These people working for Mr. Fair Share apparently haven't paid any share, let alone their fair share.
Previous reports have shown how well-paid Obama's White House staff is, with 457 aides pulling down more than $37 million last year. That's up seven workers and nearly $4 million from the Bush administration's last year.
Nearly one-third of Obama's aides make more than $100,000 with 21 being paid the top White House salary of $172,200, each.
The IRS' 2010 delinquent tax revelations come as part of a required annual agency report on federal employees' tax compliance. Turns out, an awful lot of folks being paid by taxpayers are not paying their own income taxes. The report finds that thousands of federal employees owe the country more than $3.4 billion in back taxes. That's up 3% in the past year. http://townhall.com/tipsheet/kevinglass/2012/07/22/the_obama_tax_cheats

aboutime
03-18-2013, 08:49 PM
Don't forget John Kerry (who served in Viet Nam) Tim Geithner, and Claire McCaskill, And the very people who write the proposals to jack up our taxes are deadbeat tax payers

Of course! How could I forget the Self-Proclaimed Hero of his one month in Vietnam???

4708 4709

Robert A Whit
03-18-2013, 08:54 PM
Well, John Kerry got nicked by some rice awarding himself the purple heart. What a hero.

red states rule
03-20-2013, 03:26 AM
It is very clear as to why most libs never oppose a tax increase. They have no intention of paying them so they do not give a damn

red states rule
03-22-2013, 03:02 AM
Remember how libs made paying taxes a huge issue in the last election? They expressed contempt Mitt was not paying enough in taxes (or lying he was not paying nay taxes)

Looks as if Dems only have a problem with certain people not paying taxes. If you are a union government employee you can get away with NOT paying taxes. To be fair, I have yet to see an elected Dem lose his/her job over being a tax cheat

Hey, what if we fired federal employees seriously delinquent on taxes? Democrats: Nah.

Citing figures indicating that more than 100,000 federal employees owe more than $1 billion in federal taxes, a House committee on Wednesday approved legislation that would require the firing of government workers who are “seriously tax delinquent.”

The legislation, introduced by Utah Rep. Jason Chaffetz, advanced through the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee. It now has to pass the full House to be implemented into law.

“Most taxpayers file accurate tax returns and pay the taxes they owe on time, regardless of their income,” Chaffetz, a Republican, said during the hearing Wednesday. “Federal employees and individuals applying for federal employment should do the same.”

The bill offers exceptions for those employees and applicants demonstrating financial hardship and making good faith efforts to settle up. You’d think our friends in the fair share party would be all over this, but it turns out they only like to demonize people who are already paying their taxes. Asking the bare minimum of federal employees isn’t their bag:

Democrats on the committee opposed the bill. Maryland Rep. Elijah Cummings, the ranking member on the committee, said the legislation “seeks to demonize federal employees rather than ensure their compliance with tax obligations.”

Washington, D.C. radio station WTOP reported earlier this month that federal employees owe a whopping $3.5 billion. You could run a bunch of White House tours with that kinda cheese:

(http://www.wtop.com/41/3246430/Federal-employees-owe-35-billion-in-unpaid-taxes)
From military personnel to postal workers, federal employees are on the hook for $3.5 billion in unpaid 2011 taxes, according to a report obtained by WTOP.

The amount is a nearly 3 percent increase compared to the year before.

About 312,000 employees owe the government a total of $3,519,410,517, according to the Federal Employee/Retiree Delinquency Initiative (FERDI) released on March 8 by the IRS. The total number of delinquent workers dropped between 2009 and 2010 but jumped more than 11 percent in 2011. The number of delinquent civilian taxpayers is the highest since 2005. Roughly 9.8 million people work for the federal government.

Here’s WTOP’s list of the worst offenders, with our friends at the Postal Service topping the rest of the crowd:
http://media.hotair.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/delinquent-taxes-e1363913218619.png

http://hotair.com/archives/2013/03/21/hey-what-if-we-fired-federal-employees-seriously-delinquent-on-taxes-democrats-nah/

darin
03-22-2013, 05:40 AM
You guys are so fucking blinded by class warfare you lap this stuff up. The REAL story is here:

Officials are quick to point out that federal employees are actually more compliant in paying taxes than the U.S. population (http://topics.bloomberg.com/u.s.-population/) as a whole. According to the IRS, 8.2 percent of the population was delinquent on their federal taxes at the end of 2011. That’s up from 7.8 percent the year before.

What we have here is a goddamn blind public trying as hard as they can to shit on the people who protect their freedom. How many of you are facing a 20% pay cut PURELY for political reasons? Why the fuck does ANYONE serve anymore; we get thrown under the bus by just about EVERY political 'leader' and some of you dolts are storming the castle with pitch forks and torches as us 'fat lazy stupid' goverment enployees. I was late paying taxes in 2010 because I spent the first part of that year IN FUCKING GODDAMN IRAQ. I paid when I returned, penalties and all. Am I a deadbeat, or was I sorta busy and not getting my mail? I'm sorry, I was too busy dodging rockets and mortars. Thank you for nothing.

red states rule
03-22-2013, 03:09 PM
You guys are so fucking blinded by class warfare you lap this stuff up. The REAL story is here:

What we have here is a goddamn blind public trying as hard as they can to shit on the people who protect their freedom. How many of you are facing a 20% pay cut PURELY for political reasons? Why the fuck does ANYONE serve anymore; we get thrown under the bus by just about EVERY political 'leader' and some of you dolts are storming the castle with pitch forks and torches as us 'fat lazy stupid' goverment enployees. I was late paying taxes in 2010 because I spent the first part of that year IN FUCKING GODDAMN IRAQ. I paid when I returned, penalties and all. Am I a deadbeat, or was I sorta busy and not getting my mail? I'm sorry, I was too busy dodging rockets and mortars. Thank you for nothing.

Darin, you know I respect you an have said thank you for your service. But take a chill pill. No one is talking about the men and women serving in those shit holes around the world being tax cheats. I am talking about the pencil pushers and ballast currently in cushy offices talking 3 hour coffee breaks. Or the ones who are on TV demanding I pay more in taxes while cheating on their own taxes. It is not class warfare it is calling out the hypocrisy. BTW I am always talking about the 20 or so employees in the West Wing who do promote the class warfare and also cheat on their taxes. So calm down no one is talking about folks like you who keep us safe.

darin
03-26-2013, 02:48 PM
Darin, you know I respect you an have said thank you for your service. But take a chill pill. No one is talking about the men and women serving in those shit holes around the world being tax cheats. I am talking about the pencil pushers and ballast currently in cushy offices talking 3 hour coffee breaks. Or the ones who are on TV demanding I pay more in taxes while cheating on their own taxes. It is not class warfare it is calling out the hypocrisy. BTW I am always talking about the 20 or so employees in the West Wing who do promote the class warfare and also cheat on their taxes. So calm down no one is talking about folks like you who keep us safe.

Newsflash - we pencil-pushers do a LOT Of heaving lifting for those pulling the triggers. Nobody, NOBODY I know takes more than 'go run-grab a cup of coffee' breaks. None in my immediate world - and few withing within my view (7000+) work the job they work based on a sense of entitlement.

When anyone groups "Government Employees" into a negative connotation, they're talking about me and my peers. Fact is, even based on the article, Govt Employees do much better than a sampling of non-govt workers.

We take oaths for these jobs - I wonder why no major news agency is reporting on my pending 20% pay cut? Thanks for your service, here's a furlough.

red states rule
03-26-2013, 03:05 PM
Newsflash - we pencil-pushers do a LOT Of heaving lifting for those pulling the triggers. Nobody, NOBODY I know takes more than 'go run-grab a cup of coffee' breaks. None in my immediate world - and few withing within my view (7000+) work the job they work based on a sense of entitlement.

When anyone groups "Government Employees" into a negative connotation, they're talking about me and my peers. Fact is, even based on the article, Govt Employees do much better than a sampling of non-govt workers.

We take oaths for these jobs - I wonder why no major news agency is reporting on my pending 20% pay cut? Thanks for your service, here's a furlough.

DMP, seem like you have a massive chip on your shoulder these days and you seem to have the attitude that your job and dept should be exempt from cutting the fat. NewsFlash to you sir, the country is BROKE and nobody is expempt

Plus, if most Federal workers were no so damn OVERPAID with pricey benefits - perhaps things would not be so bad. I saw last night where the Senate Head Barber makes about $80,000/year where is the private sector the job pays about $30,000/yr

We see all the lavish conferences, and blatant disregard for the taxpayers from Debbie Schultz as she is worried how these "cuts" will harm her staff from eating the fine food in the Congressional cafeteria

Also, perhaps you will need to join the rest of us Darin and if things get tight make some cuts in your own spending. Perhaps give up your cable and internet? Or take a second job (or your wife takes a second job) Millions of people are doing just that

You know the people that are PAYING YOUR SALARY DARIN!

It is not that we are not forking over enough in taxes it is the idiots that are pissing through it and have been for years.

I have always tankard you for your service but your anger is being misdirected.

darin
03-27-2013, 06:01 AM
DMP, seem like you have a massive chip on your shoulder these days and you seem to have the attitude that your job and dept should be exempt from cutting the fat. NewsFlash to you sir, the country is BROKE and nobody is expempt

I have a massive chip on my shoulder when people demonize the service of patriots.

Plus, if most Federal workers were no so damn OVERPAID with pricey benefits - perhaps things would not be so bad. I saw last night where the Senate Head Barber makes about $80,000/year where is the private sector the job pays about $30,000/yr

:bs: I suspect the barber is paid from NAF - his salary is completely supported by user-fees. Most recreation and services on military installations are staffed by NAF folk - no tax dollars for their salaires.

We see all the lavish conferences, and blatant disregard for the taxpayers from Debbie Schultz as she is worried how these "cuts" will harm her staff from eating the fine food in the Congressional cafeteria

Also, perhaps you will need to join the rest of us Darin and if things get tight make some cuts in your own spending. Perhaps give up your cable and internet? Or take a second job (or your wife takes a second job) Millions of people are doing just that

You know the people that are PAYING YOUR SALARY DARIN!

It is not that we are not forking over enough in taxes it is the idiots that are pissing through it and have been for years.

I have always tankard you for your service but your anger is being misdirected.

But what the fuck is 'join the rest of us' supposed to mean? Make some cuts? You don't have any idea what cuts we've made or not-made. Lemme put it like this - what if YOUR boss decided to cut 20% of YOUR pay, and yet turn around and give some other person $500M? How would you feel?

Here's what you are not seeming to understand, I pay my salary too. I am not an 'elite' sorta person who is immune from everything else. I'm a guy making a lot less than I could in the private sector because I (used to) believe in what I'm doing.

Stop dancing on the financial graves of those who serve. Easy as that.

red states rule
03-28-2013, 04:11 AM
I have a massive chip on my shoulder when people demonize the service of patriots.

:bs: I suspect the barber is paid from NAF - his salary is completely supported by user-fees. Most recreation and services on military installations are staffed by NAF folk - no tax dollars for their salaires.

But what the fuck is 'join the rest of us' supposed to mean? Make some cuts? You don't have any idea what cuts we've made or not-made. Lemme put it like this - what if YOUR boss decided to cut 20% of YOUR pay, and yet turn around and give some other person $500M? How would you feel?

Here's what you are not seeming to understand, I pay my salary too. I am not an 'elite' sorta person who is immune from everything else. I'm a guy making a lot less than I could in the private sector because I (used to) believe in what I'm doing.

Stop dancing on the financial graves of those who serve. Easy as that.

Darin, who is demonizing your service? I'm not. If you are talking about Obama and the Dems trying to these "cuts" hurt the most - then yes I agree with you.

As far as the $80,000/yr barber - this is typical. It is a well known fact Federal workers are OVERPAID and the benefits are over the top

The Senate barber shop loses about $350,000/yr and taxpayers pay it

Here is more on that and the pay structure

According to the Weekly Standard report, the Senate Hair Care Services’ head barber earns nearly an annual $80,000 -- well above the annual income $28,050 of average U.S. barbers (http://work.chron.com/salary-barber-6667.html). Privatizing the Senate salon would allow Gainer to hire independent contractors at a lower salary.

The House of Representatives has its own barbershop as well, known as the Capitol Barber. However, after being privatized in the mid 90s (http://articles.baltimoresun.com/1995-04-12/news/1995102057_1_barber-shops-hair-salon-house), the House barbershop is no longer funded by taxpayers. In 2012, the House salon’s barbers and stylists made significantly less than their Senate barber counterparts, earning between $22,000 to $30,000.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/20/senate-barbershop_n_2918482.html

Last night I saw how hard it is to fire a bad Federal worker. Last year only about .55% were fired. Even the idiot from the GAS with the pic of him in the hot tub was allowed to RETIRE with full benefits. Hell, not even the fools from the State Dept that were in charge when 4 US citizens were murdered have lost their jobs and are stil on the payroll

Now we have this report on all the EMPTY buildings taxpayers are paying BILLIONS

Congressional frustration may be warranted. The federal government owns or leases between 55,000 and 77,000 vacant properties. But it's impossible to tell exactly how many. No precise inventory has been kept.

Selling them off, though, could save taxpayers between $3 billion and $8 billion a year, according to various analysts. That's nothing to scoff at as the government grapples with a mounting debt and sequester-tied spending cuts.

"These properties could be used first to consolidate agencies that now are in leased buildings," D.C. Delegate Eleanor Holmes Norton told Fox News.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/03/26/what-to-cut-excess-federal-property-costing-taxpayers-billions/#ixzz2OsmN9yKX

Darin, in my life I have taken pay cuts and I have lost jobs. It is part of life. In your case you are at the mercy of Obama and Dems who see no reason to make REAL cuts and are trying to make the REDUCTION in the rate of growth hurt as many people as possible. It is not the fault of taxpayers who are paying more than they need to a bloated pig in DC.

So you need to buck up and make the best of things. Like millions of other people are doing

But DOD can trim alot of fat but again, Dems block it. Here is what can be cut that is in the Continuing Resolution bill

As budget sequestration continues to level strain and uncertainty on the men and women of our nation’s armed forces, and as we draw closer to the ‘devastating’ effects on our military readiness as foreseen by our former Secretary of Defense, Members of Congress have an even more profound responsibility to account for every taxpayer dollar. Every dollar we waste through pork barrel spending today is a dollar not spent to support our troops and preserve our nation’s security.
“With this in mind, Senator Coburn and I last week made a standard request to be able to review for 72 hours the Continuing Resolution legislation coming before the Senate prior to moving forward and considering it on the Senate floor. Instead, we received the 587-page Continuing Resolution – which totals more than $1 trillion – at 9:00 p.m. last night, and the sponsors of the bill attempted to begin Senate consideration just hours later this afternoon – before anyone could have plausibly have read and considered the bill in its entirety.

“After reviewing this legislation for less than 24 hours, it is clear that our suspicions were well justified. The bill contains numerous examples of egregious pork barrel projects as well as hundreds of millions in spending that was never authorized by the appropriate Committee and not requested by the Administration.

“This is a preliminary, partial list of questionable spending that we have identified in the bill so far:

Provides $65 million for Pacific Coast salmon restoration for states including Nevada, a program that even President Obama mocked in his 2011 State of the Union address.

Directs the Department of Defense to overpay on contracts by an additional 5 percent (totaling $15 million) to contractors who are Native Hawaiian-owned companies.

Provides $154 million for Army, Navy and Air Force ‘alternative energy research’ initiatives, the most recent notorious example of which was paying $26 per gallon for 450,000 gallons of alternative fuel.

Provides $15 million for the Civil Air Patrol above the amount authorized by the FY 2013 National Defense Authorization bill, paid for by cutting the Air Force’s Operations and Maintenance funding. This is just two days after the Air Force announced that it will reduce pilots’ flying hours by 18 percent because of cuts to its Operations and Maintenance budget.

Prohibits the retirement of the C-23 Sherpa aircraft, which the Army has asked to retire and which both the Army and Air Force no longer want or need. Last year, Congress granted the Army authority to give these aircraft to any state governor who wanted them and no one took them up on it, now we are preventing the Army from retiring them.

Directly contravenes the FY 2013 National Defense Authorization bill by providing $120 million for civilian infrastructure in Guam, which both the House and Senate Armed Services Committees explicitly prohibited until a sufficient cost analysis of the proposed movement of troops from Okinawa to Guam is completed.

Provides $14.7 million for the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Watershed Rehabilitation Program, which the Administration has suggested eliminating for years.

Provides $993,000 in grants to dig private wells for private property owners.

Provides $10 million for the USDA High Energy Cost Grants program that go to subsidize electricity bills in Alaska and Hawaii.

Provides $5.9 million for USDA ‘Economic Impact Initiative’ grants, which have become slush funds for local governments to do such things as rehab an exercise room and buy kitchen equipment for city government offices.

“The American people deserve better than this. Our men and women in uniform – whose livelihoods are today threatened by sequestration – deserve far better than what they’re getting out of Washington. I look forward to offering amendments and debating these issues on the floor of the Senate this week.”

Senator Tom Coburn released the following statement:

“The questionable provisions in this $1 trillion bill highlight the need for senators to read the bills we are expected to vote on. Offering amendments to improve bills of this size and importance is not just our privilege but our responsibility. The American people have a right to know how we intend to use their tax dollars. The inconvenience we may feel as senators as we cast tough votes is nothing compared to the struggles millions of families in America experience each day because of our failure to manage their resources wisely.”

http://www.coburn.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/pressreleases?ContentRecord_id=5eaf2684-5a6a-4ba7-af25-af8cdb75f416&ContentType_id=d741b7a7-7863-4223-9904-8cb9378aa03a&Group_id=7a55cb96-4639-4dac-8c0c-99a4a227bd3a&MonthDisplay=9&YearDisplay=2010

The takers put Obama back for another four years and kept Ried in charge of the Senate Darin. There is plenty to cut and I am sure many Federal workers are not needed. You know damn well the fat that exists and we the taxpayers are broke

darin
03-28-2013, 05:48 AM
Darin, who is demonizing your service? I'm not. If you are talking about Obama and the Dems trying to these "cuts" hurt the most - then yes I agree with you.

Every time people throw Fed workers under the bus, they demonize their service.

As far as the $80,000/yr barber - this is typical. It is a well known fact Federal workers are OVERPAID and the benefits are over the top

How much would you pay a guy to design armor that protects the lives of Soldiers? How much would you pay people to build and test an installation's response to a natural disaster? How much would you pay a person to provide emergency medical care to Soldiers? How much would you pay people to find ways to save the Gov't MILLIONS of dollars in staffing, process, or equipment savings?

The Senate barber shop loses about $350,000/yr and taxpayers pay it

Here is more on that and the pay structure

I don't see their pay structure listed.

Last night I saw how hard it is to fire a bad Federal worker. Last year only about .55% were fired. Even the idiot from the GAS with the pic of him in the hot tub was allowed to RETIRE with full benefits. Hell, not even the fools from the State Dept that were in charge when 4 US citizens were murdered have lost their jobs and are stil on the payroll

His retirement is HIS, based on his contributions.

Now we have this report on all the EMPTY buildings taxpayers are paying BILLIONS

Those buildings are paid for.

Darin, in my life I have taken pay cuts and I have lost jobs. It is part of life. In your case you are at the mercy of Obama and Dems who see no reason to make REAL cuts and are trying to make the REDUCTION in the rate of growth hurt as many people as possible. It is not the fault of taxpayers who are paying more than they need to a bloated pig in DC.

So you need to buck up and make the best of things. Like millions of other people are doing

Again, unless you prepare my taxes you have no idea what i've been doing. I know i've lost probably 15% spendable income over the last few years while POTUS plays political games with the salaries of Feds.

If you had a plank in your eye, would you remove first the sliver in your cheek? Fed salaries are NOT the big-fish in Government spending. Hurting people who took and fulfill oaths of service is not the answer. Your lectures to me, about MY finances are a little beyond the pale. You tell me, what MORE should I give? What MORE should my colleagues give?

Do you work? Do you have a job?

The takers put Obama back for another four years and kept Ried in charge of the Senate Darin. There is plenty to cut and I am sure many Federal workers are not needed. You know damn well the fat that exists and we the taxpayers are broke

You're 'sure' many are not needed eh? Tell me about the manpower studies you've conducted to arrive at that conclusion. You haven't done any. You're just 'sure' something could be done. I think you've fallen victim to the class warefare Liberals love.

red states rule
03-29-2013, 04:16 AM
OK Darin, so it seems your attitude is every Fed worker is vital and no reductions in the rate of growth can be tolerated

Like the government workers in WI, IL, and MI - your attitude appears to be screw the taxpayers - we must be protected at all costs. So what if the government workers earn more then the people who pay the salaries? Just keep taxing their asses and everything will be fine

With the union, government workers are protected and cannot be fired no matter how outrageous their behavior or how much taxpayer money they waste of parties and videos

Since you do not care about the money wasted on maintaining EMPTY buildings owned by the government I am sure you do not care about these examples of waste. After all Federal workers are the best and know what they doing. They should not have to answer to the serfs tending the fields for the government

The NRCC (http://www.nrcc.org/thewastelist/)is out with its new "waste list" which totals more than $18 billion. So what exactly is the government spending your money on? How about:
-$1 million (http://www.nrcc.org/thewastelist/2013/03/27/fruit-fly-sexual-attractiveness-study/) on a fruit fly sexual attractiveness study
-$1.3 million (http://www.nrcc.org/thewastelist/2013/03/27/old-fashioned-x-rays-for-prisoners/) for old fashioned x-rays of prisoners. x-rays of prisoners (http://www.nrcc.org/thewastelist/2013/03/27/old-fashioned-x-rays-for-prisoners/)
-$1.5 million (http://www.nrcc.org/thewastelist/2013/03/27/video-game-controller-design/) on designing a video game controller
-$100,000 (http://www.nrcc.org/thewastelist/2013/03/27/taxpayer-funded-comedy-group-tours-india/) on taxpayer funded comedy group tour in India
-$547,430 (http://www.nrcc.org/thewastelist/2013/03/27/dancing-robots-as-iphone-disc-jockeys/) on a dancing robot that connects to an iPhone
-$25,000 (http://www.nrcc.org/thewastelist/2013/03/27/philosophy-booth-and-academic-happiness-course/) funding a course about "How to be happy"
-$145,000 (http://www.nrcc.org/thewastelist/2013/03/27/highway-funds-pay-for-sculpture-garden/) on a sculpture garden
-$25,000 (http://www.nrcc.org/thewastelist/2013/03/27/alabama-watermelon-queen-tour/) on an Alabama Watermelon Queen tour
-$697,177 (http://www.nrcc.org/thewastelist/2013/03/27/climate-change-musical/) on a climate change musical
-$10,000 (http://www.nrcc.org/thewastelist/2013/03/27/talking-urinal-cakes/) on talking urinal cakes (just in case the boys need some company or to prevent drunk driving)
-$35 million (http://www.nrcc.org/thewastelist/2013/03/27/old-fashioned-trolley-car/) on an old fashioned trolly car
-$150,000 (http://www.nrcc.org/thewastelist/2013/03/27/toy-exhibit/) for a toy exhibit
-$320,000 (http://www.nrcc.org/thewastelist/2013/03/27/robot-squirrels/) for robot squirrels
-$1.4 billion (http://www.nrcc.org/thewastelist/2013/03/27/improper-food-stamp-payments/) in improper food stamps purchases which included alcohol, condoms, junk food and diapers
You can read the entire list here. (http://www.nrcc.org/thewastelist/)
We can pay to study the sexual attractiveness of fruit flies and robot squirrels but by all means please, lets cut the working hours for Border Patrol to save some money. (http://weaselzippers.us/2013/03/27/obama-to-leave-large-portions-of-border-with-mexico-open-for-hours-at-time-because-of-sequester-cuts/)

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2013/03/28/insane-government-waste-and-use-of-taxpayer-money-n1551772

Funny how you had nothing to say about the military programs that the military says can be done away with. Could it be YOU are working on one of those projects and YOU are only worried about your job and not the folks paying for something that is no longer needed?

That would explain your anger and hypocrisy

darin
03-29-2013, 05:20 AM
OK Darin, so it seems your attitude is every Fed worker is vital and no reductions in the rate of growth can be tolerated

No, it seems your attitude is every Federal worker (or most) should be fired because we're all over-paid.

(shrug)

Like the government workers in WI, IL, and MI - your attitude appears to be screw the taxpayers - we must be protected at all costs.

Dude, that is so fucking beyond the pale it's nauseating.

Screw SOME tax payers - like those who denigrate Federal workers out of political class warfare you seem to enjoy.

Funny how you had nothing to say about the military programs that the military says can be done away with. Could it be YOU are working on one of those projects and YOU are only worried about your job and not the folks paying for something that is no longer needed?

That would explain your anger and hypocrisy

Show one hypocritic statement i've made. Do it. You can't. You're so deep in fallacy because you have no argument. You're beating the same drum media wants you to beat.

ANYTIME you make your blanket statements like "Federal employees are worthless, over-paid slackers" the word "All" is implied.

If you wrote something like "Some gov't programs are seriously bloated." That's a true statement. Of course they are.

As a rule, however, based on nearly two decades working for DoD, and DA specifically, employees are vastly underpaid for the amount of caring they have, and BS they have to put up with.

The title of this thread SHOULD read "As a whole, Federal Employees are MUCH better at paying their taxes than the rest of the population!"

red states rule
03-30-2013, 03:16 AM
No, it seems your attitude is every Federal worker (or most) should be fired because we're all over-paid.

(shrug)

Dude, that is so fucking beyond the pale it's nauseating.

Screw SOME tax payers - like those who denigrate Federal workers out of political class warfare you seem to enjoy.

Show one hypocritic statement i've made. Do it. You can't. You're so deep in fallacy because you have no argument. You're beating the same drum media wants you to beat.

ANYTIME you make your blanket statements like "Federal employees are worthless, over-paid slackers" the word "All" is implied.

If you wrote something like "Some gov't programs are seriously bloated." That's a true statement. Of course they are.

As a rule, however, based on nearly two decades working for DoD, and DA specifically, employees are vastly underpaid for the amount of caring they have, and BS they have to put up with.

The title of this thread SHOULD read "As a whole, Federal Employees are MUCH better at paying their taxes than the rest of the population!"

Darin, please climb down from your high horse. I never said EVERY Federal worker should be let go. I have no doubt that many of them are not needed as the government is very bloated and there are countless examples of duplication of services

You admit the government is bloated and needs to be cut. It is logical therefore that if departments and programs are cut - then fewer workers are needed

One hypocritical comment you made was to dismiss the BILLIONS the government is paying for EMPTY buildings was "they are paid for". Right there shows your lack of concern for the people paying the bill

and yes - Federal workers are OVERPAID and yet some refuse to pay "their fair share"

The Washington Post has a sympathetic article today on federal workers (http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/government-workers-anxious-about-furloughs-but-also-effects-of-bashing/2013/02/28/61b71aa4-81bd-11e2-a350-49866afab584_story.html) who consider themselves unfair victims of the sequester. Unfortunately, the article does not consider data and evidence, instead characterizing criticism of federal worker compensation as mere assertion, jealous emotionalism, or politicking.

Federal employees are upset about “perceptions” of government work, according to the people interviewed for the story. They have to defend themselves from “arguments” about excessive compensation and short working hours. They are “the target of popular rage” because the private sector is “frustrated, even jealous.” There is a “drumbeat” of negativity, “ritual denunciation,” and “bashing” of federal workers.

These sentiments supposedly come from “talk radio and websites devoted to bashing the government.” They’re driven by “a small minority of vociferous people.”

A reality check is needed here. Numerous independent analyses—including from The Heritage Foundation (http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2010/07/inflated-federal-pay-how-americans-are-overtaxed-to-overpay-the-civil-service), the American Enterprise Institute (http://www.aei.org/papers/economics/fiscal-policy/labor/comparing-federal-and-private-sector-compensation/), and the Congressional Budget Office (http://www.cbo.gov/publication/42921)—find that compensation for federal employees is higher than for comparable private-sector workers. The Government Accountability Office recently summarized the results of these studies:

http://blog.heritage.org/wp-content/uploads/special_GAO-federal-compensation.jpg (http://blog.heritage.org/wp-content/uploads/special_GAO-federal-compensation.jpg)

As these studies indicate, overcompensation of federal workers is a widely acknowledged fact, not a mere “perception” generated from a dark corner of the Internet.

And far from “bashing” federal workers, these studies are calling attention to a serious fiscal problem—the overcharging of taxpayers for federal personnel costs. Should we just ignore this problem because some federal employees are offended?

As for the question of being “underworked,” there is strong evidence (http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2012/09/government-employees-work-less-than-private-sector-employees) that federal employees do work less, on average, than private-sector employees—about one month less per year, in fact.

It’s fine for the media to get federal employees’ reactions to sequestration, but hard data and evidence should accompany the stories.

http://blog.heritage.org/wp-content/uploads/bgovernmentworktimecomparis.jpg (http://blog.heritage.org/wp-content/uploads/bgovernmentworktimecomparis.jpg)

http://blog.heritage.org/2013/03/01/overpaid-and-underworked-federal-employees-its-not-just-a-perception/

and as far as DOD - here are a few examples on how Defense is spending taxpayer money

What he and his staff found was merely a smattering, a skimming, a “starting point for reviewing Pentagon spending that is unnecessary, wasteful or simply not related to defense.” He calls this wasteful spending a “rising tide of the red [ink] menace.” Here is some of what they uncovered:

$6 billion spent on non-military research and development. These are research projects that have little or nothing to do with national defense, according to the report.

$15.2 billion spent on education. These include programs to educate children of military families in the US, as well as programs that duplicate the work of the Department of Education and local school districts. It also includes college funding for military members on active duty and duplicates the work of the Department of Veterans Affairs.

$700 million spent on developing “alternative energy.” This includes duplicative and unnecessary alternative energy research being done by the Department of Energy.

$9 billion spent on supporting stateside grocery stores. This includes Pentagon-run grocery stores here in the United States.

$37 billion spent on “overhead, support and supply service” unrelated to the DOD’s primary purpose. This includes more than 300,000 members of the military service performing civilian-type jobs.

For example, the DOD invested part of its budget in more than 100 renewable energy-related projects in 2010, even more than the Department of Energy itself, and with similar results: “Many of these DOD renewable energy projects were so poorly planned, they failed to be cost effective or even produce [any] power, wasting millions of national security dollars.”

The DOD duplicated work done by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the National Institutes of Health (NIH), doing research “into the very same diseases already being studied by [them].”

The DOD also duplicated work done by the National Science Foundation (NSF) and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). From the report:
For example, the Navy recently funded research examining what the behavior of fish can teach us about democracy while also developing an app to alert iPhone users when the best time is to take a coffee break.

The Air Force Office of Scientific Research funded a study last year examining how to make it easier to produce silk from wild [silkmoth] cocoons in Africa and South America.

Both the Navy and the Air Force funded a study that concluded people in New York use different jargon on Twitter than those living in California.

And the DOD is willing to share its “expertise” in naming streams, mountains, hills, and plains across the country. Officials from the department are serving on the Board of Geographic Names, with one of them serving as vice-chairman.

It also is making sure that local school children are getting their fruits and vegetables:

The Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) has provided fresh fruits and vegetables to local schools in coordination with the Department of Agriculture through a program called DOD Fresh for nearly twenty years, spending more than $66 million in Fiscal Year 2010 [alone].

http://thenewamerican.com/usnews/congress/item/13658-sen-coburns-report-exposes-dods-wasteful-non-defense-spending

Based on your previous response I am seeing you see the US taxpayer as a renewable money source

red states rule
04-04-2013, 02:56 AM
Cat got your tongue Darin? :laugh2:

darin
04-04-2013, 06:34 AM
You haven't answered my questions; you continue to fillibuster with off-topic stuff.

Good for you - you can google and cherry pick things that seem to support your side. I can do that too - here's the OTHER side of the data you spew:

T (http://www.factcheck.org/2010/12/are-federal-workers-overpaid/)he analysis is based on data from the Bureau of Economic Analysis and crudely done by dividing total compensation (salary and benefits) by the number of current federal civilian employees. Comparing such averages is quite misleading, for two reasons:
First, BEA says the figure is inflated by including compensation that is actually paid to benefit retirees, not just for current workers. The figure is at least several thousand dollars too high, by our calculations.
Second, the average federal civilian worker is better educated, more experienced and more likely to have management or professional responsibilities than the average private worker.

But any compensation comparison between the average federal civilian employee and average private-sector employee oversimplifies the debate, glossing over the important differences in occupation, skill level, age, and education that determine salaries. The BEA has posted an FAQ (http://faq.bea.gov/cgi-bin/bea.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=320&p_created=1156971364) on federal pay, providing a number of reasons why the average compensation for federal civilian employees is higher than the average compensation for private-sector employees:

Federal civilian workers are more educated.
The federal government has a higher proportion of white-collar jobs.
“Lower-skilled (and lower-paid) positions have been contracted out to private industries” in recent years, raising the average pay of federal civilian employees.
Federal civilian workers receive better pension and health insurance benefits on average than private-sector employees, some of whom receive no benefits.

Furthermore, the $123,049 average compensation figure for federal workers is greatly inflated — and several thousand dollars too high. The BEA tells us that total compensation includes an unknown amount for retirees’ health and life insurance benefits. More importantly, it includes billions of dollars that Congress appropriates each year to pay "unfunded liabilities" for retirees and current workers covered by the old Civil Service Retirement System (http://www.opm.gov/retire/pre/csrs/index.asp) before it was replaced for newly hired workers starting Jan. 1, 1987. These payments for former workers obviously don’t benefit current workers, and should not be included in their average total compensation.
BEA doesn’t produce an average figure — the $123,049 comes from Cato and others working from gross BEA totals. But we calculate that the average lies somewhere between $116,158 and $109,268 when money paid to benefit the retirement system for former workers is removed. (The range is actually lower than that, but BEA cannot provide us with the amount spent on retirees’ life and health insurance plans.)

You don't show the whole picture because that'd be too honest. See, the real answer is VASTLY more complex than you vomiting up things you think you understand based on a 2 minute google search. Let me ask you - am I over paid? Am I over-compensated? What about while I was in Iraq - do your figures account for that? Do you know only Fed Employees pay tax while in places like A'Stan, while contractors making MORE money get the first $90,000 tax free? Are they over-paid? They are paid with tax dollars, too. Did they count in the datamining you did?

Everytime you bitch about us lazy good-for-nothing-overpaid Fed workers, you talk about me and those around me. Every time you demonize the people struggling and working out of pride; living up to the oath they took, you do so to me and those around me.

When I call you on it you start talking about things OTHER than the topic of your crazy ideas Feds are all over-paid assholes sucking off society. When I ask you to stop, because when you group people, GOOD folk get a bad label, you change what I wrote; the meaning of what I wrote as you toss out red herring after red herring.

red states rule
04-04-2013, 03:43 PM
Darin, you are know so desperate you are using a Virgil debate tactic. Disagree with you - offer up evidence to support your argument - then you are guilty of "attacking my service"

You know damn well I have never taken your service lightly - nor has anyone else here (well except for Gabby perhaps)

But simply calling for cutting the fact - you have taken that personally. You can rant all you want how "underpaid" Federal workers are - but the numbers prove you wrong. Thanks to unions Federal workers are now bankrupting the folks paying their salary and benefits. I.E. the taxpayers

So go ahead Darin and have your hissy fit, pull a Virgil, and use your service as a crutch when you cannot refute the fat, waste, and pork that can be cut from the Federal budget

Along with the jobs that would no longer be needed once that fat is cut

Maybe you are worried YOUR job may be one of the ones cut if the fat is indeed cut. I hope not but nobody is entitled to a job - unless you already have the entitlement mentality (which you seem to have)

BTW Darin, using data from 1987 to try and suggest Federal workers are underpaid is rather misleading. Do you have anything more recent?

darin
04-05-2013, 05:41 AM
Darin, you are know so desperate you are using a Virgil debate tactic. Disagree with you - offer up evidence to support your argument - then you are guilty of "attacking my service"</SPAN>

Logical Fallacy - red herring. And Ad Hominem. You are trying to insult me (call me virgil) then change the subject to what Virgil did. </SPAN>

When you insult the service of "Federal employees" you are lumping together the vast majority of people i know and work-with, with the few who are worthlessly sitting in their cube w/ their thumb up their ass. You cannot know which employees you'd cut, but sure might feel good to insult the group. </SPAN>

</SPAN>
You know damn well I have never taken your service lightly - nor has anyone else here (well except for Gabby perhaps)</SPAN>

Logical Fallacy - red herring. I'm not talking about my service and your evaluation, I'm talking about you insisting or at least implying the furloughs are GOOD for people like me.</SPAN>

</SPAN>
But simply calling for cutting the fact - you have taken that personally. You can rant all you want how "underpaid" Federal workers are - but the numbers prove you wrong. Thanks to unions Federal workers are now bankrupting the folks paying their salary and benefits. I.E. the taxpayers</SPAN>

You directed it personally at me. Then there's another logical fallacy - I don't make the case Employees are underpaid. I asked you how much we should get paid. </SPAN>

Unions do not set pay. Unions of Federal employees are generally paper tigers. Heck, dues is not mandatory. </SPAN>

</SPAN>
So go ahead Darin and have your hissy fit, pull a Virgil, and use your service as a crutch when you cannot refute the fat, waste, and pork that can be cut from the Federal budget</SPAN>

Logical Fallacy - ad hominem. Trying to insult my argument as a 'hissy fit' instead of debating the facts or viewpoint I present. Then there's you pretty much lying about my position. I never took the position the government is NOT full of fat waste and pork. You're implying I was arguing those things didn't exist.</SPAN>

Along with the jobs that would no longer be needed once that fat is cut</SPAN>

Which jobs would you cut, and why?</SPAN>

</SPAN>
Maybe you are worried YOUR job may be one of the ones cut if the fat is indeed cut. I hope not but nobody is entitled to a job - unless you already have the entitlement mentality (which you seem to have)</SPAN>

Are you saying my job is waste? The services I provide are 'fat'? Then you're insinuating I have a position I have not taken...odd. What you're trying to do is belittle my viewpoint in hopes of strengthening yours. </SPAN>

</SPAN>
BTW Darin, using data from 1987 to try and suggest Federal workers are underpaid is rather misleading. Do you have anything more recent?</SPAN>

I didn't use Any data. And I didn't make the argument for a certain level of pay. I linked to a site that used data. Take it up with them.</SPAN>

Am I over paid, Terry? What about those with whom I serve? Which of us would you cut as 'fat', and what would be the result of those cuts? How would the mission suffer? What would be the result of a decline in mission efficiency? What other impacts do you foresee if me or those around me are trimmed as 'fat'?</SPAN>

Oh that's right - you can't be bothered with secondary and tertiary effects of simply eliminating jobs. You're too busy raising your pitchfork at what you think is bad, without having - or maybe caring - about the facts.</SPAN>

red states rule
04-06-2013, 06:16 AM
I was watching Star Trek the Next Generation last night and I saw an episode that reminded me of you

The Borg was attacking and this reminded me of your defense of the bloated Federal government.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZEJ4OJTgg8

Like Virgil, you ignore the facts and attack those who you cannot win a debate with by accusing them of attacking your service. Again, show me where I have ever questioned your service. For some reason you are defending the fat in government by equating them with the men and women who serve in the worlds shitholes

BTW here are the Federal workers who should be fired and done away with

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iAckdiiCME

and the crap you have to endure as a Federal worker Darin should be unconstitutional

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr7G1mb2hPU

Darin, here is the news report that busted the deadbeat Federal workers who seem to have a problem paying the higher taxes they want others to pay. Please show me where the men and women serving overseas were targeted as you have bellowed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gM160B3bfcI

As I have said, you pulled a Virgil on this issue. He is over on JPP and he has not changed one bit. Sadly you have. So you can contact him and compare hangups if you want

I am sure both of you will look at the US taxpayer as a renewable money source to keep the pork flowing

darin
04-06-2013, 07:53 AM
I was watching Star Trek the Next Generation last night and I saw an episode that reminded me of you

The Borg was attacking and this reminded me of your defense of the bloated Federal government.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZEJ4OJTgg8

More logical fallacy - what topic do you want to debate here? Your labelling "Federal Workers are Over-paid and worthless" or "Some Federal workers are over-paid and worthless"?

To BOTH of your topic-jumping statements I ask "Which. Point out exactly which you'd like to cut to 'save' taxpayer funds.

Like Virgil, you ignore the facts and attack those who you cannot win a debate with by accusing them of attacking your service. Again, show me where I have ever questioned your service. For some reason you are defending the fat in government by equating them with the men and women who serve in the worlds shitholes

BTW here are the Federal workers who should be fired and done away with

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iAckdiiCME

Logical fallacy alert - Red Herring. Why are you not debating, but name-calling? YOU said "Federal workers" I say "I am a Federal Worker, am I that way? How about my peers? Are we over-paid and worthless? How much should I make per year? " You refuse to answer.

Federal workers who seem to have a problem paying the higher taxes they want others to pay. Please show me where the men and women serving overseas were targeted as you have bellowed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gM160B3bfcI

Federal workers, as a group are MUCH better at paying taxes than non-federal workers.

When you say "Federal workers suck" etc, you are saying "ALL". "ALL" is implied in "Federal Workers". If you wrote "Some federal workers are slackers and should be fired" I say, and have said in this thread "Absolutely."

You need to really slow down, and READ, Terry.

As I have said, you pulled a Virgil on this issue. He is over on JPP and he has not changed one bit. Sadly you have. So you can contact him and compare hangups if you want

I am sure both of you will look at the US taxpayer as a renewable money source to keep the pork flowing

You cannot make logical arguments so you attack. You insult. Y You deflect. You deny. You might want to consider STOP saying things like "Thanks for your service, Darin" while you personally attack me in this thread. Whatever appreciation you have for those who serve now rings hollow because your ego, perhaps, won't let you admit you stepped on your dick with this thread.

red states rule
04-06-2013, 07:58 AM
You have really gone over the edge. Maybe one of the projects you are one is one of the Defense programs that is no longer needed. Or perhaps you have become one of those big government lovers.

Anyway you cut it you have have a thread about deadbeat Federal workers and tried to make it a personal attack on you

So be it. Walk around feeling everybody has you in the cross hairs

I hope your benefit package has anger management and therapy help for you'

You may need it when the fiscal house of cards collapses