PDA

View Full Version : Palin Electrifies CPAC Crowd

red states rule
03-17-2013, 06:01 AM
Sarah gave a great speech and jazzed the crowd.

Former Alaska Governor and Vice Presidential Candidate Sarah Palin repeatedly brought a jam packed crowd to its feet during her speech at the Conservative Political Action Conference Saturday.

Palin covered everything from overpaid Washington D.C. consultants, gun control and crony capitalism to New York City Mayor Mike Bloomberg’s recently shot down big gulp ban.

As Townhall readers know, elections are always on our minds and the next one was on Palin’s mind today as she advocated for an outside-the-beltway approach to the future.

“The next election is 20 months away, now is the time to toss the consultants,” Palin said while getting a dig in at Karl Rove. “The last thing we need is Washington D.C. vetting our candidates.”

As expected, Palin slammed President Obama for his never ending campaign just as she has done on her Facebook page over the past few months.

“The election came and went but the campaign never stopped,” Palin said. “Mr. President, we get it, you won. Accept it. Now step away from the teleprompter and do your job.”

Gun control and the Obama administration push for more criminalization of law abiding citizens was also covered.

“Background checks Mr. President? Should have started with yours,” Palin said about gun control. “Imagine leadership that respects the Second Amendment to Constitution.”

Palin also touched on crony capitalism, an issue she took on during her time in Alaska as governor.

“Whenever government expands, it’s the well connected who benefit,” Palin said. “There’s a big difference between being pro-business and pro-free market.....It’s time to break up the cronyism.”

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2013/03/16/palin-electrifies-cpac-crowd-n1536236

REDWHITEBLUE2
03-19-2013, 01:00 AM
My favorite
To College Republicans: "You've got to be thinking Sam Adams, not drinking Sam Adams."

Robert A Whit
03-19-2013, 01:37 AM
I saw her speak. Awesome.

No matter what the left claims, the woman is awesome. I got a kick too when she chided the students, think Sam Adams, not drink it. Then she told them she was kidding them.

red states rule
03-19-2013, 03:55 AM
“Background checks Mr. President? Should have started with yours,” That was a classic and sadly so true